GROUP D - Australia vs Ghana SBS1 and SBS HD Midnight

William Hall

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Far better performance from us, question of what might have been if the red card didn't come out, but **** happens. We can still go through, but it's a monumental task - requires Germany and us to both win by two goals which, considering our luck this world cup, is about as likely as me squeezing out a gold nugget in the next five minutes. Still, far better response and a little respect back after the embarassment that was the German game. No complaints about the red card, but I wonder what those people who were cheering Cahill being sent off thought of Addy's challenge that he was booked for.

all we need is for Ghana to win and us to beat Serbia by any goal difference. Going by the horrible refs so far in this world cup anything is possible.

either that or for Germany to whoop Ghana and us to win by

proud of the boys after that, showed heart to stay in the game with 10 men.

Again, Germany are not going to go out in the group stage. It's not one of those 'man anything can happen in this world cup' things. This was the first time they've lost a match in the group stage for 24 years. They've never lost two in the group stage. It won't happen.

Again, Germany are not going to go out in the group stage. It's not one of those 'man anything can happen in this world cup' things. This was the first time they've lost a match in the group stage for 24 years. They've never lost two in the group stage. It won't happen.

yeah it is one of those things where anything can happen.

I bet you said germany wont ever lose a group stage match..

ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

Kewell such an idiot! He pleaded his innocence to the ref and he clearly handled the ball and dared to tell the ref to look at the screen even that was conclusive enough evidence... :D

i know i can't understand that, clear handball. So frustrating though because Australia almost won it with 10 men. Can't say i'm overly impressed with Ghana they've scraped points with penalties against two teams with 10 men and they wasted so much possession with their long shots that were so inaccurate. I can see Germany beating them with ease and i think this result will make it easy for serbia and germany to go through now.

It's a bit far-fetched to say he handled the ball ffs. Upon further viewing of it he really didn't have time to move at all, and his upper arm doesn't move a bit after the ball is hit - it's the lower arm that moves which gives the illusion of intent. **** happens, but when you view it at full speed I think it's pretty unlikely you can claim he tried to stop it deliberately with his arm, the ball was smashed at him.

It's a bit far-fetched to say he handled the ball ffs. Upon further viewing of it he really didn't have time to move at all, and his upper arm doesn't move a bit after the ball is hit - it's the lower arm that moves which gives the illusion of intent. **** happens, but when you view it at full speed I think it's pretty unlikely you can claim he tried to stop it deliberately with his arm, the ball was smashed at him.

Regardless the ball was headed into the goal...the ref had no choice but to give it.:)

If it was in the middle of the field I reckon it would have been a different outcome...

Because even though it wasn't intentional he has blocked what would of been a fair goal with his arm and any country's fans would give the ref hell if he let that one slide. Good call imo, frustrating from an Australian perspective but the right decision.

Besides its got less to do with intent and more to do with the fact that he did move his arm into the path of the ball even though he was trying to stick his chest out.

Such a bizarre performance by Ghana. Seemed to be completely inable to figure out how to play against a digging in 10 man team, and totally unable to cope with a team playing 3-3-3 and hoofing it at a target man later on. I honestly thought they were better than this. meh..

Archived