Following last night, what would be your team for Friday?

Dont understand why everyone is picking a side with a lack of Heskey in it. Considering how he played it's puzzling to say the least. :confused:

Because he didn't score, by the sounds of it.

It's amazing how many people want 4-5-1, for me it just makes so much sense. As much as I love Capello, I don't think he'll ever play it.

Hart

Johnson Dawson Terry A.Cole

Lampard Barry

Lennon Gerrard J.Cole

Rooney

Firsly he won't pick the formation, secondly Carragher will be in ahead of Dawson and thirdly, J.Cole won't play, it'll be Heskey. So no way this team will play, despite me really wanting it.

Oh and Hart I don't think will play either.

How cant people see that he [Heskey] played well though? He set the goal up, held it up well, brought others into play - exactley what he is picked for.

If people think Heskey is picked to score goals, they're clueless.

The goal he setup was good.

What did the rest of his holding up and bringing others in play lead to? Nothing. Rooney didn't even see the ball until he went deep. He was offside 4 times, and missed a sitter, takes away from this so called holding/setting up play.

Plus so many long balls to Heskey was just a waste.

The goal he setup was good.

What did the rest of his holding up and bringing others in play lead to? Nothing. Rooney didn't even see the ball until he went deep. He was offside 4 times, and missed a sitter, takes away from this so called holding/setting up play.

Plus so many long balls to Heskey was just a waste.

Surely both of those are the fault of the other players and not Heskey? :confused:

How cant people see that he [Heskey] played well though? He set the goal up, held it up well, brought others into play - exactley what he is picked for.

If people think Heskey is picked to score goals, they're clueless.

If that comment was aimed partially at me (due to me saying 4-5-1), firstly I defended Heskey a lot in the England thread when the squad was announced. I think he played very well yesterday, but we all know his limitiations. If we are in the knock out stages, how many clear cut chances can we afford to miss if they fall to Heskey?

Just remembering Heskey back at his peak- around 2001ish and he used to be much more confident, would get the ball and take on people, never see him do that these days. I think Heskey is a good player, in a 4-4-2 he earns his place, but I think 4-5-1 would suit our team much better. Gerrard-Rooney partnership could be awesome.

If that comment was aimed partially at me (due to me saying 4-5-1), firstly I defended Heskey a lot in the England thread when the squad was announced. I think he played very well yesterday, but we all know his limitiations. If we are in the knock out stages, how many clear cut chances can we afford to miss if they fall to Heskey?

Just remembering Heskey back at his peak- around 2001ish and he used to be much more confident, would get the ball and take on people, never see him do that these days. I think Heskey is a good player, in a 4-4-2 he earns his place, but I think 4-5-1 would suit our team much better. Gerrard-Rooney partnership could be awesome.

I agree with you. Group stages, Heskey is fine, but the better teams will be able to cope better and a change of system would probably be necessary.

Wasn't aiming it at any one person inparticular actually...................just everyone who is wanting Heskey left out for the next match.

Because he didn't score, by the sounds of it.
Surely both of those are the fault of the other players and not Heskey? :confused:

How many times did he bring Rooney into play?

Maybe it is the players fault for the long ball but its easier to remove Heskey than all of them.

----------------------------James----------------------------------

--Johnson----------Dawson---------Terry-----------------Cole--

-----------------------------Barry----------------------------------

----------------------Gerrard----Lampard-------------------------

---Lennon----------------------------------------------------Cole--

-----------------------------Rooney---------------------------------

this but with Hart in goal. I'd currently be ruing not taking Adam Johnson, and taking the likes of Heskey, Green, King and Carragher.

Fully expect Carragher to start though.

Replace James with Hart

Just came in to say the same thing.

Green and James have had 'mares all season and been in clubs that have either been relegated or should have been relegated.

Hart may have only been on loan at blues but he was our best player last season and although some were expecting it, blues were not in some relegation battle all season.

Letting in goal after goal like james and green all season has to have some kind of affect on you.

Joe Hart ftw.

tbf playing in the CL regularly for Real is something Hart hasn't done.

yeah but thats the point isn't it?

real madrid trusted him enough to start him out early and believed in him

we as english seem to think oh you can't throw him in there this early

what about rooney!!!!!!

Green and Hart was both inexperienced in the qualifying games. Cappelo went with Green and he has been solid until yesterday. We won our group and I think we came second with goals allowed. Thats the time to try new players not during the world cup.

Why does everyone want 1 striker? If they mark rooney out the game, you are relying on midfielders to score.

Well depends how you look at it. Just because Rooney is upfront on his own with Barry holding it gives Gerrard/Lampard the chance to push right on and support. Rooney has done alright for Man U this season with that setup...

Well depends how you look at it. Just because Rooney is upfront on his own with Barry holding it gives Gerrard/Lampard the chance to push right on and support. Rooney has done alright for Man U this season with that setup...

Rooney played with Berbatov. Myself I would like at least two strikers that can score, and Gerrard, Lamps, Barry.

I think its utterly brilliant that all you lot know best and think Heskey is crap. Shouldnt be in South Africa let alone representing England.

Fabio Capello doesnt agree with you, plenty other managers dont agree with you.

Does that make you wrong and them right? Yes, yes it does.

I think its utterly brilliant that all you lot know best and think Heskey is crap. Shouldnt be in South Africa let alone representing England.

Fabio Capello doesnt agree with you, plenty other managers dont agree with you.

Does that make you wrong and them right? Yes, yes it does.

Bit of an overreaction when many people here have either put Heskey in their teams or recognised what he does contribute.

Bit of an overreaction when many people here have either put Heskey in their teams or recognised what he does contribute.

Innit, ive been defending heskey (before the game)but im thinking gerrard/rooney could be alot more dangerous. I appreciate what he does but he frustrates me alot during the game, like last night.

Hmm.

I think I'd go with:

Green

Johnson

Carragher

Terry

A Cole

A Lennon

F Lampard

S Gerrard

J Cole

E Heskey

W Rooney

Yeah that's Gerrard & Lampard in midfield together. Don't ask me to justify it. Come to think of it, is J Cole even fit?

Rooney  Crouch  Defoe

Gerrard  Barry  Lampard 

Cole  Terry  Upson  Johnson

Green

Green up front on his own? and a back three of Rooney, Crouch, and Defoe?? You serious?

;)

Archived