GROUP D - Australia vs Germany - SBS1 and SBSHD - 4:30AM

William Hall

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
Roobie Savage clearly has never seen/heard of Özil before.

From the BBC website:

""Stars are born in World Cups and this guy Ozil is a star"

""We've seen a star born in Mesut Ozil, "

The entireity of the English coverage of the competition has been closed-minded and they really are surprised when someone they don't know contributes effectively. I've long since given up expecting otherwise but it's still thoroughly frustrating.

I think Brazil would beat any team we have seen so far in the next round. Even Argentina.

I would wait until Tuesday (when Brazil play against NK) to say that, but in the pre-WC friendlies against Zimbabwe and Tanzania Brazil didn't look any special.

I hadn't heard of Mesut Ozil until this tournament, but **** me he's an impressive player. Germans were simply irresistible tonight, and I thought that Podolski in particular looked like he could damage any team in this tournament.

I'd written the Hermans off, but I've written them back in and happily acknowledge that to have dismissed them was simply my ignorance of their ability.

Wonderful stuff. :thup:

Guest roberto922

Hello ITV pundits, don't know if you realise this, but there was a Germany game on that might have been worth discussing :thup:

I would wait until Tuesday (when Brazil play against NK) to say that, but in the pre-WC friendlies against Zimbabwe and Tanzania Brazil didn't look any special.

Yeah, that's why I said so far. :thup: There's only Holland, Spain and Brazil that could do what Germany did tonight. Tournament pedigree.

Chiles - "We didn't think we would have to worry about Germany in this world cup..."

...why Ade?

More proof Jabulani is a conspiracy by the Germans.

The Jabulani fills all the requirements for an international football. In fact, I've just found this which shows that the ball weighs 440g (10g off the maximum for FIFA approved footballs - 450g) so hopefully this argument can finally be put to rest.

Shamelessly copied from a (my) post in another thread, but needs to be said.

Guest roberto922
There's only Holland, Spain and Brazil that could do what Germany did tonight. Tournament pedigree.

This the side that has one European Championship to their name and no world cups? :confused:

Guest roberto922
And what do Spain have?

Two European Championships, the best side in the world and a recent cup win so they'll be confident.

The Jabulani fills all the requirements for an international football. In fact, I've just found this which shows that the ball weighs 440g (10g off the maximum for FIFA approved footballs - 450g) so hopefully this argument can finally be put to rest.

Shamelessly copied from a (my) post in another thread, but needs to be said.

Irrelevant, it's not about weight, it's just TOO ROUND. Those Germans had a year to learn to use this UNBALL. Of SATAN.

p.s. I'm not serious.

Irrelevant, it's not about weight, it's just TOO ROUND. Those Germans had a year to learn to use this UNBALL. Of SATAN.

p.s. I'm not serious.

In that case, it's not adidas's fault that everyone else has been playing with cubes ;)

It's a fair point. I tuned in to watch the Germany v Australia game, and had to endure a pile of ***** about England instead.

I enjoy following England during these competitions, but at the appropriate time, not during a game involving two teams in a different group.

The funny thing is even if England get knocked out...they'll still discuss England... :D

But isn't it more or less the same thing in other countries regarding their own national teams?

For example the Brazilian media keep talking about Cacau because he is Brazilian.

Tell my why I should have to listen to tales of England when I'm trying to watch the Germany v Australia game. Make me understand.

Its probably happened in every world cup they have been in. Well since I remember pre-match, half time analysis 2002-2010. Don't remember pre-match analysis, half time etc. In 98 in the last world cup we were in.

the channel broadcasting it i mean, i know i didnt word that well.

Even so, they should just stick to the coverage of the Germany v Australia match. I can understand the desire to talk about England, but the monopoly of that subject dilutes both its value and the value of the rest of the competition in my book.

I wish they would just have separate England preview programmes on either before or after these games. They'd still get plenty of viewers for those.

(I didn't mean to pick you up for your wording, btw, I just didn't quite follow it. :thup:)

On top of that Kiessling and Gomez on offer for Germany. I would have loved to see Kiessling come in instead of Gomez. Gomez is dire for Germany

And Kiessling isn't ? :rolleyes:

Most overrated player in the Bundesliga. Weak finish and dreadful technique. He doesn't fit the German tactics at all and is lucky to be at a club like Leverkusen who will actually look to play to his few strengths.

Even so, they should just stick to the coverage of the Germany v Australia match. I can understand the desire to talk about England, but the monopoly of that subject dilutes both its value and the value of the rest of the competition in my book.

I wish they would just have separate England preview programmes on either before or after these games. They'd still get plenty of viewers for those.

(I didn't mean to pick you up for your wording, btw, I just didn't quite follow it. :thup:)

No worries. I do agree it can be annoying but im just used to it i think.

Archived