GROUP D - Australia vs Germany - SBS1 and SBSHD - 4:30AM

William Hall

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why are you guys complaining over the red card?Germany would have won the match anyway...

Thats not the point now we don't have cahill for the match against Ghana, Germany had already won by the time Cahill was sent off.

Haha, this is getting worse and worse. No matter how you try to twist this into semantics and technicalities, Cahill swiped down Schweinsteiger more or less from behind with no ball near in a challenge he shouldn't have started in the first place and could and should have aborted somewhere on the way, clearly endangering Schweinis health in an unfair challenge. The rules of the game are clear. Reread above...

All you need to do is watch it again to know you're wrong, if that doesn't help then ask Schweinsteiger who didn't seem to think it endangered him in anyway. When the player fouled doesn't think it was dangerous there really is no case for the red.

See post 1050 :)

(And yeah, great idea, we'll let the players judge the fouls against them from now on, that'll make for great justice :D)

why would schweinsteiger say it isn't a red then? Lets let you judge it instead seeing as you still think it was from behind. :rolleyes:

Because he has no advantage of saying otherwise and can afford to be nice about it, after winning 4-0. And it wouldn't surprise me if there's some 'I could get in such a situation' thought, too.

Anyway, would Schweini saying 'it was very dangerous, I felt my bones bend' change your mind? Would it feck, you'd call him a liar...

For the rest, see post 1050. This is a red every time.

i'm not in here defending a situation because it went against my team, if it didn't go against me i wouldn't be ranting like this but i would acknowledge a wrong decision even if it benefitted my team. You seem to think that anyone who doesn't agree with you is deluded and arguing at any cost. If schweinsteiger said it was rough and he he really felt it was dangerous i would accept the red. But it didn't look rough, he said it wasn't a red and you are yet to provide any evidence its a red, what makes it a definite red?

If schweinsteiger said it was rough and he he really felt it was dangerous i would accept the red.

Don't lie. You would call him a cheating whinging diving German git.

For the rest, see post 1050. Repeating the same question over and over you get the same answer over and over.

Anyway, I'm done with this now, before I start getting irritated and Australia becomes like Arsenal to me: great team, terrible fans.

Don't lie. You would call him a cheating whinging diving German git.

For the rest, see post 1050. Repeating the same question over and over you get the same answer over and over.

Anyway, I'm done with this now, before I start getting irritated and Australia becomes like Arsenal to me: great team, terrible fans.

wow, i don't even call grosso a diving cheat you seem to be resorting to insults because you've run out of arguments. Probably a good idea that you leave if you don't want to contribute to a discussion.

wow, i don't even call grosso a diving cheat you seem to be resorting to insults because you've run out of arguments. Probably a good idea that you leave if you don't want to contribute to a discussion.

Check the rules I posted above there is no argument, mine, the ref and the majority of football fans seen and still see it as a red card and by the rules it was the correct decision so how can you argue?

Explain how it wasn't in accordance with the rules and you may be taken seriously otherwise you are just another boring aggrieved fan.

Check the rules I posted above there is no argument, mine, the ref and the majority of football fans seen and still see it as a red card and by the rules it was the correct decision so how can you argue?

Explain how it wasn't in accordance with the rules and you may be taken seriously otherwise you are just another boring aggrieved fan.

how is it an exessively rough challenge? Late and definently a yellow but he's tried to pull out of it and the replay shows schweinsteigers leg bend in slow motion but its not half as bad as it looks. But of course this all comes down to a matter of opinion but whats got me aggravated is that the opinion that it isn't a red has been shot down by anyone who doesn't agree.

how is it an exessively rough challenge? Late and definently a yellow but he's tried to pull out of it and the replay shows schweinsteigers leg bend in slow motion but its not half as bad as it looks. But of course this all comes down to a matter of opinion but whats got me aggravated is that the opinion that it isn't a red has been shot down by anyone who doesn't agree.

Why couldn't he pull out of it? Ohhh was it because he lunged? So his full body weight was flying through the air towards the legs of Schweinsteiger who had moved the ball on minutes earlier....

That is because the issue of it being a red has been backed up and based on the rules of the game, you and anyone else saying it wasn't are merely stating 'your opinion with no basis in law' thus it is irrelevant and wrong:)

Why couldn't he pull out of it? Ohhh was it because he lunged? So his full body weight was flying through the air towards the legs of Schweinsteiger who had moved the ball on minutes earlier....

That is because the issue of it being a red has been backed up and based on the rules of the game, you and anyone else saying it wasn't are merely stating 'your opinion with no basis in law' thus it is irrelevant and wrong:)

thats all rubbish, flying through the air? he was sliding on the ground. He tried to pull out of it because he pulled his legs away so he merely sweeped his legs away. The rules you posted only seem to back the red on the grounds that it was rough but not every late lunge is rough.

The rules are still words and open to interpretation, you say that you're right because of your interpretation of the rules but answer this if its not a rough tackle in that situation is it a red?

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the

front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force

and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

He lunged(he was off the ground completely) at the player using one leg with excessive force (again his full body weight through the air at speed) and endangering the safety of his opponent(self explanatory).

Watch the clip and tell me he was not off the ground it was not a lunge and not in danger of hurting his opponent and we can finish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35w4aLfD0ik

Ofcourse that is my interpretation of it.:)

but excessive force is subjective, and thats where your argument falls apart. You can't definitively say one way or the other. Just because a player comes in the way he does doesn't mean it was rough or excessive shweinsteiger was fine and didn't seem to think it was all that rough, cahill obviously felt the same way. By claiming that your right and everyone who says otherwise is wrong is poor judgement. Its not written in stone and i'm not going to say you don't have a point but its not definite and my opinion is that it wasn't rough enough to warrant a red card.

It wasnt a very bad foul, but as DJ said, with the ball nowehere near it definately deserved a red. As it had no consequences the ref might have been nice to the Aussies and given a yellow, np one would have complained after the result i guess. But all in all its just a dumb Cahill sliding into Schweinsteiger with no chance to get the ball at all, risking a red card, which he got. I am totally not biased on this even if i am German , because i also like Everton a lot and will miss Cahill at the WC. Stupid Timmy.

Now on that, I'd agree - it was a stupid challenge. But there's also been the inference that some players have been 'targetted' by referees based on prior history/reputation. If that's true I'd find it very disappointing that each challenge isn't being judged on it's merits (or lack thereof). If people want an example of a challenge that was far worse in the same game, look no further than Lucas Neill on Miroslav Klose early int he second half. No excuse for jumping into someone with your knee.

He is only off the ground in the sense that every who runs is sometimes off the ground. In slow motion is doesn't look particularly bad, in normal speed it looks entirely innocuous. If he hadn't been sent off there wouldn't be a single person even speaking about it, let alone claiming it was a red card. Ref is an idiot who likes to send players off.

Archived