GROUP D - Australia vs Germany - SBS1 and SBSHD - 4:30AM

William Hall

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Probably a thread somewhere, but what is going on with everyone wearing those Nike boots?

Their summer range are all the same colour so they are still vapors/T90s/CTR360s but just exactly the same colour scheme.

Made so that people see about 80% of players wearing similar boots so people think "wow Nike are doing a good job with all those players wearing nike branded boots" thus they go out and buy their own pair.

Agree with this. Such a shame. Any other team than Germany (and perhaps Italy) and they could have had a couple of goals.

Sorry, but this German team's weakness is actually the defense. Did the Aussies have any other actual scoring opportunity than the one right at the start ? I don't think so...

Their summer range are all the same colour so they are still vapors/T90s/CTR360s but just exactly the same colour scheme.

Made so that people see about 80% of players wearing similar boots so people think "wow Nike are doing a good job with all those players wearing nike branded boots" thus they go out and buy their own pair.

Clever marketing. Gonna be a big success I think. Someone deserves a pat on the back.

Clever marketing. Gonna be a big success I think. Someone deserves a pat on the back.

It is all about the yellow boots that everyone is wearing though :D

Sorry, but this German team's weakness is actually the defense. Did the Aussies have any other actual scoring opportunity than the one right at the start ? I don't think so...

Don't apologise. And it is in terms of names. But they have been very well organised today.

Australia have had a good lot of moves in the German third, they've just lacked the final pass / space for the receiver, to do anything with them. Yes they have.

Germany could then have a full Brazil-born striking force (Cacau + Kurányi). :rolleyes::thdn:

Now that would be awesome :cool: And Germany would win 2-0 in the final against Brazil with them 2 scoring :D

Tbh they don't even need an extra striker so I was surprised to see Gomez in the squad

Yeah thats true, could of brought Frings!

Tbh they don't even need an extra striker so I was surprised to see Gomez in the squad

Good point. Klose/Cacau/Muller/Podolski should have been fine. Can't Marin go up front as well in an emergency? That's some FM competent/accomplished coming into my brain :D

As much as I liked watching Ozil's creativity, Schweinsteiger's been the best player on the park.

Haven't noticed him tbh but tbf he has probably been doing whatever he's been doing while I have been looking at the laptop. Every game I watch a player plays well and I never notice him :D

edit - could also be that his hair looks like Podolski's so I got them confused a lot

Good point. Klose/Cacau/Muller/Podolski should have been fine. Can't Marin go up front as well in an emergency? That's some FM competent/accomplished coming into my brain :D

On top of that Kiessling and Gomez on offer for Germany. I would have loved to see Kiessling come in instead of Gomez. Gomez is dire for Germany

On top of that Kiessling and Gomez on offer for Germany. I would have loved to see Kiessling come in instead of Gomez. Gomez is dire for Germany

Forgot about Kiessling as well. Another player I would have liked to see as have never really seen him play.

Well played Germany, you can't say they didn't deserve it.

Cacau yellow carded for diving :thdn::mad:

Good he dived, it shows he didn't completely forget his Brazilian roots. :cool::thup:

FT Germany 4-0 Australia

Good debut, Germany >>> * so far, but that's too early to make this kind of comment.

Worked on me.:cool:

Archived