The Official USA Thread

spartans5

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DeMerrit was released by Watford at the end of the season wasn't he?

They've got to be regretting that decision. He's been very good in defence.

You lot will be happy to know that Harry Redknapp, on the BBC before the game said "no disrespect to the United States, but how many of their players could play in the Premiership?"

Such a ridiculous comment considering how many in the squad are either playing in the Premiership already or are playing at a level where it wouldn't be too much of a step up should they move there. Proved exactly why Redknapp is nowhere near the top manager that the English media like to make out.

You lot will be happy to know that Harry Redknapp, on the BBC before the game said "no disrespect to the United States, but how many of their players could play in the Premiership?"

Playing in the Premiership isn't all that difficult. Our player's agents simply need to hand an envelope over to Harry and he'll buy them.

Usa usa usa \o/

where's eddie johnson????

Hahahha :*)

Wow, DeMerit released....interesting. There is a tendency to over hype defenders who play in deep defenses and perform well as part of a unit. But JD was immense today, even when the whole team had pushed up the field.

For a smallish defender he is also very strong in the air. I have to say though the defense looked quite shakey earlier on (even when we hadnt thrown as many forward).

It is a must to restore Gooch to the side for the later stages...he doesnt always concentrate as he should, but we look more organized with him in there.

RT ussoccer President Clinton visiting with the team in the locker room.. said he was proud of the amazing effort and even led a #USA #USA chant!

Bill :****)

Minus points for not taking the opportunity to mix some cyanide in Blatter's beer.

before everyone fellates demerit, remember that he whiffed on that clearance that let the algerian player have a clear path to goal

And really should have been whistled for a penalty for that shirt-pulling on one of Algeria's misses.

Okay, so what we (well, I) want is one of:

1) A Germany win (as they'll top the group, and we'll get whoever comes second)

2) A Ghana and Australia win (Germany would be out, Australia would be second)

Just don't want to play the Germans in the 2nd round, kthx.

Think I saw that the winner of USA-? plays winner of Uruguay-Mexico in the quarterfinal.

Okay, so what we (well, I) want is one of:

1) A Germany win (as they'll top the group, and we'll get whoever comes second)

2) A Ghana and Australia win (Germany would be out, Australia would be second)

Just don't want to play the Germans in the 2nd round, kthx.

Think I saw that the winner of USA-? plays winner of Uruguay-Mexico in the quarterfinal.

Uruguay and Mexico don't play each other so I doubt that's accurate.

Archived