Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Guest Nick Da Best

I would like to see some sort of qualification tournament for CONCACAF teams for the North American Gold Cup, and some minor tournaments added for internation teams, such as the Carribean Cup, East Asian Football Federation Cup, and so on. I can list them all if you want icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would personally like to see what some attributes mean or affect how your player plays kind of like training from the older versions where you held the mouse over the word and it would explain what attributes it helps and so on.

also for an example for attributes is what is the difference between off the ball & positioning?

Guest beefsta*

Off the ball is how good a player is at finding space for himself and getting into position to recieve passes and breaking away from his marker whereas positioning is being in the right place to deal with the ball when it is in the oppositions posession ie. being the right side of the opposition player to block his way to goal when he recieves a pass. I find that both of these attributes are helped a lot by the players anticipation being relatively high.

I can see what you mean about it being hard to understand quite what every attribute does though and i'm sure that other people will tell you that what i've just said is a load of rubbish. To be honest though I think working it out for yourself is a fun part of the game and helps you develop your own style of play using the knowledge of what has worked for you in the past.

One thing I would like to see is more realistic part time contracts.

If a player was part time and working in London then he would probably be reluctant to move to gateshead for anything less than 3 or 4 hundred pounds a week.

Therefore I propose a system where depending on the area that the player is moving to there would be a certain chance of him getting a job there depending on the actual job market of the area. The wage you offer him would have to be better of course and the desirability of the area (I think there is already a setting for this in the editor) would come into play.

I'm probably shooting way above whats possible here because I know that would take a hell of a lot of effort and time but the way lower league teams recruit their players is not reflected at all well in the game.

One thing that could be addressed pretty quickly and would add a bit more realism though is players not accepting full time contracts on stupid wages. A player would not be willing to quit his job and go full time on £100 a week no matter how much they love playing football. I think a minimum of at least £200 a week is needed.

I have a few ideas I would like to see in a future version, those being:

1. Player searching - As it stands, a fairly good way of ensuring success is to filter out the list for the position you want, slap in any age/nationality limits etc and then try to buy the highest priced player. Sure it's not foolproof, but 9 times out of ten I've found going on value is an easy way to figure out who to buy. As far as I know, managers the world over don't know the value of every player in every league ever. I think the only players that should have values assigned in the search feature are players you've scouted and well known players who's club, for whatever reason has declared their valuation of him. For the lesser known players I'd like to see a price range system used, based on your assistant/scouts basic assesments. The obscure players should have uknown for their valuation, so you can't pick a rising star out by filtering "Age = under 19, sort by highest price"...

2. Scouting system - I'll not go into too much detail, because I don't know what we're going to get with the new incarnation, but I'd like to be able to tell my scouts and assistant I'm looking for a certain position to either be a first teamer, a backup or a potential star of the future, so they can keep an eye on any possibilities without doing a comprehensive search and listing every player in that position who'se CA is above 80...

3. Genuine chairmen - How many managers walked through the revolving door at Hearts last season because of a lack of control? I think the chairmen should have a lot more of a voice in this game, independantly varying from man to man. Some may talk to the media about player concerns, poor performances being the fault of their lack of commitment, or telling the local rag their manager should be picking such and such a player. They could have varying levels of participation in signing the players, some let you get on with it, others ask for a list of targets and go off trying to sign them for you, others would just try and dump a bunch of guys he wanted on your doorstep at the start of pre season. This would add more depth to choosing which club you would manage, or indeed whether you choose to remain at the club you are at in spite of the chairman, or move on to one where you can be your own man(ager). There also needs to be a revamp in how much cash they make available. I can only talk about my Newcastle experiences here, but until I've built the club into one challenging for the CL each season, I've only been getting 7 million a season + 80-90% of the cash I bring in from sales. This doesn't ring true with the transfer situation at Newcastle, where Freddie is willing to pay much, much more than that each season. 15 so far this year, no doubt that will rise, about 30 million last. The man pends money...

4. Star player mentality - You're near the end of the season, you face a team that are rivalling you for league position and you drop your gighest rated player because he's had a dip in form, or you go with a tactic that doesn't fit his style, or he's not as fit as you'd like. These are all acceptable reasons for you the manager, but for a star player, that one missed match could be the reason he's released a statement saying he sees his time at the club is over, or that he feels hurt and rejected by you. Maybe he doesn't speak to the press, but he leaves the ground early, doesn't shake your hand before walking down the tunnel. Y'all know who I'm talking about. One match in FM means nothing to the players. In m experience I've only had problems when they've missed 10 consecutive games, give or take. Okay, so Ruud didn't speak out straight way, but the media jumped on it like a bandwagon to a gold mine and when Gullit (Hmm, Ruud's seem to be a theme here) dropped Shearer, the fans went ballistic. If a player is judged to be the man at a club in the game, all reactions to every decision about them should be blown out of all proportion, like they are in real life. It'll strike the fear of losing a 25 million man for a cut price end of January window into all of us mouse managers, and in my opinion, that would only be a good thing.

I'll leave it there, I do have more things I'd like, but I question the validity of their inclusions for the global market. I think they may just be self gratifying additions.

Since I originaly posted this in the wrong area, I might as well post it here too.

I. Me the manager: It would be nice to have more information just like the players have. Place of birth, favourite staff, languages spoken, and statistics like all other managers and coaching staff. Also, why can't it show my true favoured formation? No matter what I run, I really love that 4-4-2.

II. Better scouting: Scouts always seem to be pointless in the game and never actually find anyone of talent or even in a position I use in my formation.

III. Much faster processing: I always feel like so much time is spent on watching the scores of competitions my team is not involved in. I don't really care to see each induvidual score of the UEFA cup or the lower league rounds if it's irrelevant to my club. Why can't these competitions always process as quickly as they do in the early rounds of UEFA and Champions Cup?

IV. Sponsorship: I think it would neat feature if each time your clubs sponsorship is re-newed, you could change the look of your teams uniform. (from a solid colour to pin stripes to hoops.)

V. League switching: Since the game runs fastest with only one league selected, it would be a cool feature if you could switch your selected league. Example, when you get that piece of mail saying Arsène Wenger steps down as Arsenal manager, you cannot do anything about that if your only selected league is France. What if you could apply for the position and if you're selected as the new Arsenal boss, Football manager would then load the new league and remove your previous one without removing all the current statistics.

VI. Youth development: Some better tools to develop your own youth players into quality. This always seems to become a problem for me as the game goes on and you need to register home grown players for Europe. Even though I have all five star coaches, everyone in the youth team is rubbish.

Originally posted by candela cash:

Since I originaly posted this in the wrong area, I might as well post it here too.

I. Me the manager: It would be nice to have more information just like the players have. Place of birth, favourite staff, languages spoken, and statistics like all other managers and coaching staff. Also, why can't it show my true favoured formation? No matter what I run, I really love that 4-4-2.

II. Better scouting: Scouts always seem to be pointless in the game and never actually find anyone of talent or even in a position I use in my formation.

III. Much faster processing: I always feel like so much time is spent on watching the scores of competitions my team is not involved in. I don't really care to see each induvidual score of the UEFA cup or the lower league rounds if it's irrelevant to my club. Why can't these competitions always process as quickly as they do in the early rounds of UEFA and Champions Cup?

IV. Sponsorship: I think it would neat feature if each time your clubs sponsorship is re-newed, you could change the look of your teams uniform. (from a solid colour to pin stripes to hoops.)

V. League switching: Since the game runs fastest with only one league selected, it would be a cool feature if you could switch your selected league. Example, when you get that piece of mail saying Arsène Wenger steps down as Arsenal manager, you cannot do anything about that if your only selected league is France. What if you could apply for the position and if you're selected as the new Arsenal boss, Football manager would then load the new league and remove your previous one without removing all the current statistics.

VI. Youth development: Some better tools to develop your own youth players into quality. This always seems to become a problem for me as the game goes on and you need to register home grown players for Europe. Even though I have all five star coaches, everyone in the youth team is rubbish.

Man, where do I start...

1. Why do you need a game to tell you this? You don't already know the answers? Try speaking into a dictaphone and playing it back, that'll solve your language needs, and check your birth certificate, it should tell you where you come from. Want to know your favourite staff member? Ask yourself this question; "Hmm, who is my favourite staff member?" I think you'll find that answer to be satisfactory. Seriously though, that's all just fluff that you'll care about for a week tops and then forget it exists, SI need to concentrate on issues that actually make a difference to the game.

2. Did you ever think about reading the announcements for FM 2007?

3. Select one league, low detail, small database. Bingo.

4. How many managers do you honestly think sit in their offices with a piece of A4 and some crayons designing next years kits?

5. Sure, league switching is a great idea!

That is if you want to wait 45 minutes for the databases to load each time... Not to mention the midfield of problems there would be with all the events that has taken place since the start of the game...

6. Ah, ye olde youth development tool kit. I have one in the back of my car. Whenever the young lads at my clubs don't progress to be world beaters (and I mean all of them, every one, yup, every young player in my club needs to be Thierry Henry by the time they are 18, 'cause that's what happens in real football everyday yes siree bob) I just give their knees a tightening up with my special "make player faster sprinter now" screwdriver. Or I MIG (Magical Inert Gas) weld their injuries so they never suffer any ever ever again.

To be honest, it sounds like you've just thought "Gee, what things would I like in my game and blow everyone else out there". If that's really what you want to see happen, contact your nearest college offering game programming courses and code your very own tailor made game. Call it "Candela Cash Manager 2007". But for now, and on these forums, the only ideas that should be taken seriously are ones that genuinely progress the game for the global market.

Originally posted by Bodhi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by candela cash:

Man, where do I start...

1. Why do you need a game to tell you this? You don't already know the answers? Try speaking into a dictaphone and playing it back, that'll solve your language needs, and check your birth certificate, it should tell you where you come from. Want to know your favourite staff member? Ask yourself this question; "Hmm, who is my favourite staff member?" I think you'll find that answer to be satisfactory. Seriously though, that's all just fluff that you'll care about for a week tops and then forget it exists, SI need to concentrate on issues that actually make a difference to the game.

2. Did you ever think about reading the announcements for FM 2007?

3. Select one league, low detail, small database. Bingo.

4. How many managers do you honestly think sit in their offices with a piece of A4 and some crayons designing next years kits?

5. Sure, league switching is a great idea!

That is if you want to wait 45 minutes for the databases to load each time... Not to mention the midfield of problems there would be with all the events that has taken place since the start of the game...

6. Ah, ye olde youth development tool kit. I have one in the back of my car. Whenever the young lads at my clubs don't progress to be world beaters (and I mean all of them, every one, yup, every young player in my club needs to be Thierry Henry by the time they are 18, 'cause that's what happens in real football everyday yes siree bob) I just give their knees a tightening up with my special "make player faster sprinter now" screwdriver. Or I MIG (Magical Inert Gas) weld their injuries so they never suffer any ever ever again.

To be honest, it sounds like you've just thought "Gee, what things would I like in my game and blow everyone else out there". If that's really what you want to see happen, contact your nearest college offering game programming courses and code your very own tailor made game. Call it "Candela Cash Manager 2007". But for now, and on these forums, the only ideas that should be taken seriously are ones that genuinely progress the game for the global market. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Smart guy huh? Details, details, details, it's all in the details.

Total Club Manager 2005 had details, details, details. It also got uninstalled, uninstalled, uninstalled.

There's little sense in wasting man hours developing ideas that merely pad out the game, when the core of it can be improved. Get the actual game right, then if they want to start decorating it in glitter and setting up a fireworks display to distract from the actual game itself, then fair enough.

Originally posted by Bodhi:

Total Club Manager 2005 had details, details, details. It also got uninstalled, uninstalled, uninstalled.

There's little sense in wasting man hours developing ideas that merely pad out the game, when the core of it can be improved. Get the actual game right, then if they want to start decorating it in glitter and setting up a fireworks display to distract from the actual game itself, then fair enough.

I couldn't agree more, they were mearly ideas/suggestions for the next version as the title of this discussion asks.

1. An new autosave option: "after every match" which would make game crashes less annoying.

2. An avarage rating that takes into account the amount of time played in the match (e.g. a 90th minute substitue apperance is less important than an apperance where they played the full match).

3. On the team's players screen, another option in the drop down menu: "positions", which shows how well each player can play in each position, in order to stop me having to go to each player's profile to check this.

Originally posted by blanklook:

2. An avarage rating that takes into account the amount of time played in the match (e.g. a 90th minute substitue apperance is less important than an apperance where they played the full match).

icon14.gificon14.gif

Totally agree, a player who gets a 7 for 90 mins and then a 6 for 10 mins should not get a rating of 6.50, should be 6.90 instead (if me math is correct icon_confused.gif).

E.g. (Rating x Minutes) + (ditto) + (ditto) etc DIVIDED BY Total minutes

They used to have a goal per game ratio based on minutes on pitch, so ought to be possible to do this too.

I want:

TACTIC:

I want to create moves for my players. (example: I want to say to some players, to take the opposit defender to one side, and a other striker has to go in the free penalty area, or to create moves on the right or left flank) Because, there are so much moments in the game, when I see a player free and I want that my player pass the ball, but he goes his way. So, I want to say to the team: This is what I want.

It would be good, if I could tell the players where they have to go, to draw them the area where they have to play.

Half time talks are good, but I want to talk to the players in the game too. When somebody is young and egoistic, I want to attack him. When a player miss the penalty, I want to say him: Come on, it is everything fine, just play. I need talks during the game.

More Media Talks. It would be good, if I could give a Commentar after every match. So is it in the reality. But it has to be 3-5 questions. About tactics, players, moral, and future.

When some good players or when I am near the end of contract, it would be nice if there were more talks about the future, and the possibility to respond to the comments.

The Transfer Markt must be done. There are so much unrealistic transfers. And the little clubs has to sell there Talents for more money or a 30% sell option. And every player has his price. If I have 200 million and I want to buy Ronaldinho, I don't like to have the respons: Not for sale. Why do you don't put for some players the respons, if you give this... then we will sell him. Because it borowing to get allways the respons NO. Every team can handle the price, so it would be fine if I could talk about the price with the team.

I would like to have the option to ask for a postpone a match (there are sometimes 5 matches in 7 days).

I want to comment in the media and on the field the referee and his judging.

And one more thing, please give us more information about the injurie in the field. I just get a green cross, but I don't know if it is a bad injurie (foot, knee,...) or just a small (hand,...) Because, there are matches, where I need the player, and if he has just a small injurie I can let him play, but if he has a foot injurie then I will get him out, to save his injurie time.

I would like to see some thinks like

testimonials

youth camps

chairman being more realisitic when sacking you as i was in league 1 and managed a 2-2 draw away to man utd in fa cup and got sacked as they wasn't happy with performance.

better youngsters coming through into your team like an acadamy director you can sack/hire to fit your clubs needs.

records for players better like quickest hat-ticks added plus total goals and apperances as well as league goals with is already there.

better info comming from your assistant manager.

before anyone runs down my opinions down, this is just what i would like to see and might not be what you want.

Although most (if not all) of these ideas have already been put forward, I just want to support them:

* Ability to complain about poor Refereing.

* Media events. Serious fouls (i.e. recent Thatcher event) - prep for a big game etc.

* Post-Match Interview (if you accept). Questions are asked about the game and about the future. These can have impacts such as improve or lower morale, create hype (and therefore expectation) etc. If you take part in enough, your reputation should recieve a small boost.

* Even more variety in the commentary.

* More indications of rivalry in matches between teams who are traditionally arch-enemies.

...and thats all for the moment. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by S1lverfox:

Although most (if not all) of these ideas have already been put forward, I just want to support them:

* Ability to complain about poor Refereing.

* Media events. Serious fouls (i.e. recent Thatcher event) - prep for a big game etc.

* Post-Match Interview (if you accept). Questions are asked about the game and about the future. These can have impacts such as improve or lower morale, create hype (and therefore expectation) etc. If you take part in enough, your reputation should recieve a small boost.

* Even more variety in the commentary.

* More indications of rivalry in matches between teams who are traditionally arch-enemies.

...and thats all for the moment. icon_smile.gif

There's a blast from the past...

I would like to see the development of a leagues reputation over time. One or two very successful teams in a small league could have an effect on other teams in that league. For example, more matches might be televised which would bring more money into the league, also the standard of play amongst young players in other teams could increase. I think it would be realistic if a leagues reputation developed gradually over a long period, say 50-80 seasons. I think this would also help make very long careers at one club more enjoyable.

Originally posted by supa_smiffy:

I'd like Sigames to ban all ****wits who fail to search before creating threads.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/3672033571

I'd like Sigames to ban all ****wits who fail to treat people with respects. I'd love sigames to ban all ****wits who have a low tolerance threshold. and also I'd like Sigames to ban all ****wits who chime in when their opinion, or lack thereof, is not needed, required of asked for.

can i suggest that, erm, y not keep a record of reserve players' achievements? i mean, like, Manutd Reserves n Manutd Under-18. i know Spanish clubs like Barca hav this feature to keep a record of how well the reserve players perform, y cant we hav it in EPL n the other leagues?

the media part is a very attractive feature of FM, perhaps if a non-capped player performs really well, can we hav the manager recommending the player to b selected for the national team? for eg, "Bolton boss Sam Allardyce backs Kevin Nolan to b selected for England..bla bla." is that fine?

Guest Crazy Paddy

Will there be an option to always look at your teams stats during matches in the split screen?? at the moment you select the your team based on whether they are home and away and this means that you constantly have to change it every match and it is incredibly annoying...

mainly because from a software point of view i would hazzard a guess that those screens are index based so with a tiny if statement in the handler for the "look at my players stats" option you would just redirect to the appropriate set of stats from the existing home or away scenario... this is not necessarily the best way of doing this but it would be a good way of getting it in for this release!!! it would not need much testing either because the data update mechanism is the same as whats there already...

1. bring in tapping up. with consequences of getting caught (by the player in question making it know that you have tapped him up) consequences such as touchline bans (making winning harder) or fines for the club. obviously fines will lead to the board getting ****ed off with you.

2. ranting on the touchline. the ability to prowl the technical area shouting at players to try to affect a players performance(think fergie or warnock). ie shouting at your own player to try to motivate or having a go at one of the oposition to try to intimidate them. also the option to have a go at refs and oposition managers. also bring in manager sending offs which lead to a drop in performance.

3. increase media involvement with regards to meetings of big rivals.ie united arsenal have a lot of media options coming up through the week about the upcoming game as in real life. also intensify if the the managers hate each other (ferie wenger).

4. media involvement in international management.

5. greater use of the backroom set up in internationals ie send your assistant to watch potential internationals.

6. a broader use of media comments. ie the ability to send out a message to all of your rivals in the title run in. the ability to send out a message to all your rivals saying that its down to who holds their nerve best now and we are feeling highly confident would be highly realistic and would potentially change the outcome of a title race as in real life. fergie has used a tactic like this more than once just ask keegan (id love it) and wenger (squeaky bum time)(admittedly only against one at a time although on fm title races tend to be much closer rarely including just 2 teams right to the end).

7. international manager contracts with proper briefs on what the long term target is. ie for england it would be to get to the semis of the world cup not just to qualify and then a new aim as is currently the situation.

8. i know its been rejected but the ability to get promoted to director of football when really sucessful for those who play the game who would like to get involved in other aspects of the game that are not part of management. this could be something that would only be unlocked by getting to the top of the overall worldwide hall of fame for instance.

9. THIS IS MY BIGGEST WANT!! the ability to go to clubs as under 18 managers or be u21 manager at international level. its not at all unusual for top managers to start off as part of the backroom staff at big room clubs and then make it on their own(bob paisley and steve mclaren are the most obvious examples) and this would be a very interesting way to make it in fm. for instance you could start the game as u18 manager at a top european club and it would be just about tactics and motivation as obviously the manager will determine your pool of players. this would be a very good option for people that like the challenge of developing youngsters but dont particularly like the lower level management experience. plus it would be a quicker route to the top jobs without just going straight into them.

1) Why not have the Saudi or Qatari leagues? the clubs there are better then some of the other asian leagues that were featured in previous ones.

2) When coaching international teams like Oman it was hard to have players for the youth teams.

Originally posted by manu4ever85:

1. bring in tapping up. with consequences of getting caught (by the player in question making it know that you have tapped him up) consequences such as touchline bans (making winning harder) or fines for the club. obviously fines will lead to the board getting ****ed off with you. If you read todays blog it looks as though this may be possible

2. ranting on the touchline. the ability to prowl the technical area shouting at players to try to affect a players performance(think fergie or warnock). ie shouting at your own player to try to motivate or having a go at one of the oposition to try to intimidate them. also the option to have a go at refs and oposition managers. also bring in manager sending offs which lead to a drop in performance. No thanks, good idea though

3. increase media involvement with regards to meetings of big rivals.ie united arsenal have a lot of media options coming up through the week about the upcoming game as in real life. also intensify if the the managers hate each other (ferie wenger). More media icon14.gif

4. media involvement in international management. See Above

5. greater use of the backroom set up in internationals ie send your assistant to watch potential internationals. Yes

6. a broader use of media comments. ie the ability to send out a message to all of your rivals in the title run in. the ability to send out a message to all your rivals saying that its down to who holds their nerve best now and we are feeling highly confident would be highly realistic and would potentially change the outcome of a title race as in real life. fergie has used a tactic like this more than once just ask keegan (id love it) and wenger (squeaky bum time)(admittedly only against one at a time although on fm title races tend to be much closer rarely including just 2 teams right to the end). More Media icon14.gif

7. international manager contracts with proper briefs on what the long term target is. ie for england it would be to get to the semis of the world cup not just to qualify and then a new aim as is currently the situation.

Yes Please

8. i know its been rejected but the ability to get promoted to director of football when really sucessful for those who play the game who would like to get involved in other aspects of the game that are not part of management. this could be something that would only be unlocked by getting to the top of the overall worldwide hall of fame for instance. No its not Director of Football 2007

9. THIS IS MY BIGGEST WANT!! the ability to go to clubs as under 18 managers or be u21 manager at international level. its not at all unusual for top managers to start off as part of the backroom staff at big room clubs and then make it on their own(bob paisley and steve mclaren are the most obvious examples) and this would be a very interesting way to make it in fm. for instance you could start the game as u18 manager at a top european club and it would be just about tactics and motivation as obviously the manager will determine your pool of players. this would be a very good option for people that like the challenge of developing youngsters but dont particularly like the lower level management experience. plus it would be a quicker route to the top jobs without just going straight into them.

Might be interesting

seems strange i posted that on tuesday and the last 2 days blogs have both said that 2 of the items are coming in in some form. ie touchline bans and now tapping up (although i would prefer this to be behind clubs and the medias back though, i know its against fifa and uefa rules but lets face it its rife in football and we want to bring the game closer to real life but lets bring in real sanctions in the game for managers who get caught(by the player reporting it) such as a season long ban from management for persistant offenders and a drop in reputation!)

i would like to see an injury time clock added to show the added time running down or even a graphic that stays in view showing the added time that was given.

I don't know if someone has mentioned this, and I don't think this feature will be all cosmetic; but I want to see the distance my players run in a game! I think that would be interesting fact, on the basis of which, I could work on my tactics.

this is the idea i posted on the disscussion forum.. what does the fm team think..

" FM 07 seems to have nearly everythink with theadding of feeder clubs etc... but what i always noticed is the captain feature, you select a captain but he doesnt seem to react any diffrent on pitch or in media. i have a idea...

why not expand on this, for example.. when you select a new captain, the media with put there comments on it, like hes peerfect due to his exprience... or hes too young etc.

also the captain you selected could react,, like thanking you... changing his attitude on pitch.. helping the manager make decisions.. like the assistant manager does if you ask his what he thinks of current team... also he could like you more... like the his favrite person list.. or he could say hes not interested.. it could help players stay at a club.. and feel more part of it.. and if you have trhe same captain long enough.. he could really respect you. meaning if you change club it would be easy to sign him... i think you get my point : )

i know its alittle change... but its somethink that is important... we pick a captain but he doesnt do anythink... or react.. i would like this changed : ) "

so what does everyone think ???

this is the idea i posted on the disscussion forum.. what does the fm team think..

" FM 07 seems to have nearly everythink with theadding of feeder clubs etc... but what i always noticed is the captain feature, you select a captain but he doesnt seem to react any diffrent on pitch or in media. i have a idea...

why not expand on this, for example.. when you select a new captain, the media with put there comments on it, like hes peerfect due to his exprience... or hes too young etc.

also the captain you selected could react,, like thanking you... changing his attitude on pitch.. helping the manager make decisions.. like the assistant manager does if you ask his what he thinks of current team... also he could like you more... like the his favrite person list.. or he could say hes not interested.. it could help players stay at a club.. and feel more part of it.. and if you have trhe same captain long enough.. he could really respect you. meaning if you change club it would be easy to sign him... i think you get my point : )

i know its alittle change... but its somethink that is important... we pick a captain but he doesnt do anythink... or react.. i would like this changed : ) "

so what does everyone think ???

Increased captain repsonsibility/interaction would be good; as would selecting the club captain/vice-captain at the beginning of each season or when you arrive at a club.

It would be good to be able to offer players to specific clubs, for loan or transfer.

Say i have a good young player i think would benefit from 1st team experience i would like to offer him on loan to teams in lower leagues.

Too often the only loan offers you get for good young players are from the same league and sometimes they hardly play.

Also to offer players on transfer to certain clubs would be helpful for example if you have a good relationship with another club.

I really don't like the fact that when you offer players thay get ofered to every club. I doubt this happens irl.

Another tweak to the loaning players. If i have signed a player on a free in January at present it isn't possible to make an offer to loan the same player, after he has agreed a contract.

I have other ideas but don't have time at mo.

So many great ideas here, i make my vote for:

- international manager contracts

- ability to arrange international friendlies before tournaments

- make effects of international training evident

- ability to name club captain and for them to have more significant role in the club.

- official media updates to be bundled with future pathes/data updates. These could refresh the media content of the game to make the game , well, fresher and increase the longevity.

- My biggest wish is that the AI transfer activity is improved, in that it becomes more intelligent and consistant. I find that if i play the game to around 2015 it is too easy to dominate as the other teams haven't signed enough top players or are full of ageing stars.

- With all these things i appreciate it must be difficult for the developers to include everything whilst making the major changes they have for FM2007. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for listening!!

• SI Staff

As the MLS Head Researcher most of the stuff I'd like to see in FM can be found in the latest EHM (07). Hopefully that will make the implementation a little easier!!

*Injured reserve is in perfectly

*The draft is superb.

*Scouting is superb

*Training camps work brilliantly

*Front Office (though, I guess, is much like the Snapshot).

*Youth player progression/NCAA world are spot on.

*Trade engine - so many great features here from building trades with multiple options on either side, to setting team needs, feedback from the GM's etc...

MLS has another couple of key needs, the inclusion of the USL divisions would be magic, as would coding of allocations.

MLS is very unique though, and I realize that its only one league in a huge game.

Other than that:

I'd like the ability to decide whether a set piece should be a cross or a shot and who should take it (at the time it happens in the game). This might be a little disruptive, but most of these things are prearrnaged on the training field. at the least I'd like to preprogram some set plays in the tactics.

Not having the prior knowledge to know to shoot or cross causes all sorts of problems. At least let me set a free kick specialist for each of the functions (cross and shoot) as they're often not the same. Also, something like a sliding meter as to the probability of a shot/cross.

What else? Much more depth at international level. Especially between the squads and the national pool. The media possibilities are endless here, but I'd like to see media campaigns to convert players to play for your country (like Eire does so well), that kind of thing.

i want to see far more and a far greater range of press conferences. for example before every game, after every game, at the signing of a player, sale of a playet etc. plus it should also be an option to have your assistant deal with the press. like Fergy does at man utd.

i want to see far more and a far greater range of press conferences. for example before every game, after every game, at the signing of a player, sale of a playet etc. plus it should also be an option to have your assistant deal with the press. like Fergy does at man utd.

He does that because he has fallen out with the BBC over some comments they made or something, he still gives interviews for Sky and ITV etc only the Beeb he doesnt

Here are my 2 cents, contains things that have been said before and things that haven't :

- more feedback from your staff regarding player's form eg "Player X performed very well today when training free kicks" or "Player Y looked out of form after shadow play this afternoon" (I think Ihave seen this in the old CM days...)

- more feedback from scouts regarding strenghts and weaknesses for the players scouted,as it wasin older games : "Player X seems to be a great corner taker, but he also looks lazy on the pitch"

- much much more media items, including those who bring more atmosphere : media puuting the pressure on important games, like derbies or clasico (Barca/Real or Marseille/PSG comes to mind), involving managers, players, fans... Or making us feel a European Cup game differently from a domestic league game,as for the moment it's pretty much the same.

- Make the fans have more personality by having their own stats (fidelity, patience, ability to be the 12th man...)

- Be able to use the team's nicknames in other languages than english !

- The idea to begin as a reserve or youth manager is a great one. Adds carrer game value

- When a player retires, have a more complete report on him if he has been a good or a great player, not only # of games played, # of caps... Would be nice to see his achievements (leagues&cups won...) as well as some other things like "Player X formed a wonderful pair of defenders at club Y when he played with Player Z" or "Player X can be dubbed a mercenary as he has played for 16 clubs in his 20 year career"

- Add other youth club teams (U17 for exemple) so we can have even more fun and more possibilities building the top team from the ground to the ceiling

- The International part needs more : squad numbers (but IIRC it will be in '07), more feedback on players being called for the first time (maybe with the ability to comment if it's one of my players), players being ignored by the national manager (like in France with Giuly, Anelka or Pires), ability to tell the media how our players deserve a call-up, media speculations about players showing up themselves in international games or being the next superstar in youth tournaments...

- Again, enhance the atmosphere regarding club achievements, for exemple clinching promotion or playing their first ever Europe game, or being back in the division/competition after x years. This must be visible in the media items and in the fan's attitude, having them bringing "football fiesta" for such remarkable events.

- Ability to make other players/managers aware of your manager persona. For exemple if you're a discipline-addict with your players, or if you keep your star player altough he's much wanted everywhere in Europe, that should appear in your reputation. After all that's a way among others to get respected as a manager.

- As said by many people here, agents, as they are a part of the real game, should appear more in FM. Players can influenced by them, being led to quit a club when they are living great, just for more money.

- Being linked with above, players can also have their own idea on moving clubs. It can be because they want to play the continental comp, or because they are willing to play with another great player or under a manager they like. This could be displayed not only after the transfer has been completed, but be taken as part of the pre-transfer speculations

- More coverage on late bloomers being average players for x years and then taking the spotlight after great performances, and as well...

- ...Media coverage on ex-future-stars who did slump because of too much pressure, injury blow or hazardous carrer choices (for exemple, in France we had Camel Meriem or Benoit Pedretti who are good players, but according to what they showed when they were younger, were expected to be much better). This can be easily made I thing, by taking in consideration PA and CA. This also could lead to news items or manager commenting they are willing to re-launch player in their club.

- Being able to explain why you replaced a player or why he isn't playing tonight is a great feature for man-management

- Someone posted something on "player memories". That's great ! Players remembering a harsh or unfair loss in a game has an impact on morale and motivations.

- So we could also bring "fan memories". An emblematic player quits your club. When he's back with his new team on your grounds, he could get a more or less warm welcome from the fans; they can applause him as he's left them a great souvenir (and why not having a pre-match ceremony when he gets a plate,flowers etc...) or they can boo him everytime he gets the ball as he is considered a traitor if he's gone to a rival club. This could even reflect in media items (as an exemple, when Fiorese or Dehu got from PSG to Marseille). That, added to the manager mind games and so, can enhance the "building rivalry" part that makes some club's "legend".

Have to log off for now (it's football time on TV), but I have plenty others to post. Be back later icon_wink.gif

This is possible in FM2006 already. I started a game unemployed and after leading Hartlepool to 2 successive promotions I was offered the role as England U19 manager. Obviously I accepted and had some good fun with the job. It was very pleasing to be offered the job and I was very impressed with this moment of this game icon_biggrin.gif

Hey, it's me again. Seeing the match between Lyon and Sochaux on TV inspired me some other features that could be nice :

- The weather conditions were awful on this game and technically gifted players were penalized. It always seemed to me that in FM, it doesn't affect technique that much. Maybe need to tweak that ?

- Match postponement due to weather, bring it back please ! Also match being cancelled after one half because of bad conditions (I know it"s becoming rare with great clubs having top-notch stadiums, but happens a lot with smaller clubs/leagues)

- Weather conditions changing DURING the match and compelling teams to adapt (I think I saw it in FIFA, not manager, the arcade one)

And other things I'm thinking of at the moment :

- More influence from your captain over the team, reflecting on the players'motivation and morale and, why not, captain giving his word in the halftime talk. This of course, leaves a door open for captain/manager conflicts and, uh, "psychological sparks"

- More detailled coverage when you sign a player who has been "Player of the Year" or best scorer the year before, adding pressure or having effects on motivation

- In the "Get team report" screen, your assman could add comments on playing style, for exemple "Your Ass.man considers that due to Players X,Y,Z main qualities and style of play, your team is perfectly suited to playing a fast, attacking football". Nice touch for the beginners, I think.

- Regarding controversial decisions (offside goals, denied or unfair penalties...), I guess it is the game who decides they are controversial ? Why not having a "Discuss decision" button during the match play to "record" a game fact that could be brought back after the game. Exemple : you lose the ball on a "shoulder-to-shoulder" duel and your player even gets a slight injury, but the referee lets the play go on. The opposition scores. You press "Discuss decision" and after the game, you can blast anyone involved (referee, opponent...)

- Talking of slight injuries, knowing what the injury is and whether it's important or not (as your physios, if they have gone to the injured players, should have their opinion on it) would be great. Once again, I remember having seen it in the old CM days when it said in the player's profile : "Injury type (potentially)"

- Being able to criticize brutal players that injure 1 player per game (I know, it's not the first time I say that). Brutal players being suspended.

- More info on the clubs themselves, stating for exemple if they are a traditional "youth talent factory", who are their historical great players and managers...

- Being able to choose how much players must be in the wall on freekicks situations

- Goalkeepers yelling on their defenders after a goal or a dangerous situation !

- Playable French CFA !!! African leagues also.

- More regional interactions, that would be especially useful in lower leagues

- More contracts options like continental match fees or wage increase if the club gets CL, a big fee if the club wins the comp...

- Better coding of time wasting. When the AI uses it, it takes 3-4 minutes ,(in game time) for a throw-in, and when I tell my players to do so, they only waste 20 secs before throwing in. Or maybe does the AI player deserve a yellow card for unsporting behavior ?

- Highlight goalkeepers that make a clean streak (x games without conceeding a goal)

Well enough for now. Maybe more later icon_smile.gif

quote:

He does that because he has fallen out with the BBC over some comments they made or something, he still gives interviews for Sky and ITV etc only the Beeb he doesnt

I have noticed that Big Sam (Is That A Bung In Your Pocket Or Are You Just Pleased To See Me) Allardyce has started to send his assistant out to speak to the Beeb too - hardly surprising, but makes it look like he has something to hide!!

Archived