Story Ideas & Discussion Thread

Terk

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The teams are as follows:-

Cardinals of Venice and Milan (C.O.V.A.M)

Jaffid United

Grenovilles Sur Des Roues

Whales United FC

Whales City FC

Amlwch Dragons ( Ammlwch)

Llanrhystad Rovers FC

Laverbread and Cockles United

Bridgend Dragons

Hay - On - Wye FC

AFC Yorkshire

Monmouth Beldroed Bastynu

Llantwit Major

Welshpool FC

Amarhyllo FC

Drag Queens and Dragon United

Sheep United

Still got five manager places left but might just randomly hand them out to more active members of the forum

Inspired by my Yorkshire team in mark's story I feel it upon myself to do a story about AFC Yorkshire. I want about 5 people to be in the youth team of the BSN team and I will then sign players and report about matches etc. If you are interested about becoming a part of this just state your name and chosen position.

I agree with Paul. Do a basic story and stick to it (You may want to write up at least one season before you start posting. This way, you won't just stop part way through) just to prove that you can. I think that any more dead stories from you and you may well have plenty of people getting on your back - and i'd probably join them to be fair.

If i were you, i'd just write a basic story and at least finish a season to prove you can :)

Then keep trying until you get into one. Try beyond just a few matches and see if you get into it. Don't tell everyone that you've started a new save, just keep trying until you're into one.

Will having other people create youth players really enhance your enjoyment that much?

He wants others to do the work, and for him to take the credit.

That's why he can't get into a story - he can't be bothered to come up with an idea of his own, so he steals ideas from others and bastardizes them.

And if that comes off as harsh, well, prove me wrong.

What the hell does 'basterdizes' mean? I don't do that mate.

bas·tard·ize

tr.v. bas·tard·ized, bas·tard·iz·ing, bas·tard·iz·es

1. To lower in quality or character; debase.

2. To declare or prove (someone) to be a bastard.

Quite frankly, I agree with clrkaitken as I believe it's the first definition of the word that he's talking about.

There are some quality ideas that you try to adopt as your own - for instance, AFC Channel Islands based on gavrenwicks 'The Corporation'. Then you make a hash of an attempt to write a story for it - hence you have bastardized the idea, in a sense.

Thats exactly what everyone is going on about, you started a Luton story, channel islands story nd premiership story and they all stopped....

I dont like being harsh but M I don't seriously thinking stories is for you..because you can't seem to keep to one idea

It's not harsh at all Ben, 'm' has started numerous stories and given up on them. Just like in CSE he has started at least a dozen sign ups, experiments or challenges. They all fail, he never sees them through, and he's always got a new 'idea' within a week that he's going to do. He promises he'll see this new 'idea' through but he never does, he cannot give anything the attention or effort it requires and therefore his threads are poorly done and end rather quickly. m should just give up, after all, that's what he is good at.

Bit harsh there people.

But M, listen to our advice. Play a season on the game first, then plan a story around it. Write it down on MS Word, make sure it's okay, then post.

He has been given this advice sevral times thats the problem Ben

I finally got a lot of 'stuff' written down for my next story, of which will be completed. Based off the idea of MyFootballClub, and another story like it, but he we all base our stories off something or someone elses idea generally. but, its going well.

I've been thinking of writing a story following one player throughout his career over the last couple of weeks. Theres two ways I could do this; one would be to follow an academy prospect already in the game or a player could be edited into the database. The story would be written as a week in the life of the player, including game reports and personal life etc.

I'd write a year in the story to see if I get into it and enjoy writing the story and if I do then I shall post it.

Obviously any feedback would be welcome.

There's a couple of these popping up now and some of them are very good, I look forward to seeing your work. As for the two ways you could do it, just do the one that interests you the most :) it's said over and over again on this forum: 'Write for you, not for others. If you enjoy your work, we'll enjoy it,' :p it's almost our little motto!

I'd write a year in the story to see if I get into it and enjoy writing the story and if I do then I shall post it.

M1234 - TAKE NOTE pls :) that's a good way to do it.

So yea, good luck with your story, I'm looking forward to seeing it :)

Let me just endorse this. The regulars here already know it but since we do have a number of new writers at the moment, this is the way to go.

I've mentioned this before, but my two favorite CM/FM stories are still on my computer. They both go back to CM 01-02. They're about 1,000 pages in total and maybe someday I'll post them, or at least bits of them as short stories.

You have GOT to enjoy what you write before you start to post it -- at least in my opinion.

I agree with this especially from my own past experiences, I started ones before and it never worked out well and i got bored myself. This time however, I managed to get alot written down and have been really enjoying writing it in to the concept I am using. So, I chose to start posting now and I have nany many updates I could post right now, but I'm not going to use them yet. So, again like everyone else said, write a year or so and then post it if you are enjoying it.

Quick question.

I want to write a story about a game in the MLS. I'll be playing it with fake players, but what club do you suggest I play with.

LA Galaxy, always seem to be the strongest, and so I think it would be best not to be them.

So who should I manage then?

Let me just endorse this. The regulars here already know it but since we do have a number of new writers at the moment, this is the way to go.

I've mentioned this before, but my two favorite CM/FM stories are still on my computer. They both go back to CM 01-02. They're about 1,000 pages in total and maybe someday I'll post them, or at least bits of them as short stories.

You have GOT to enjoy what you write before you start to post it -- at least in my opinion.

Without sounding a mighty big ****, which I will.

Why would you write stories to then not post them? :rolleyes:

Archived