FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

Shocking start to the season...

I'm not going to get out of my Champions League group!!

This is almost unheard of. Have my team plateaued? This will make it two years in a row not featuring in the latter stages. Worrying...

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ijsselmeervogels_large.jpg

Double season update

Season 1

League table

Having been promoted from the non-league we struggled at the start of the season. Once the team gelled we went on a run and obtained promotion through the play-offs.

Season 2

League Table

This season was all about survival. We managed it with a squad of new gens and a couple of misfits released by the big dutch clubs.

The aims for the next season are to survive again and try to get some more quality into the side. Also to give a fuller update. :)

Ha! Yeah. A rally at least in the league. And if I win the Uefa Cup at least it'll complete my haul, it's the only thing I've not won. Well, not including international competition, of which I've won nothing. Speaking of which. The groups for Euro 2032 have been drawn and my Spain side face Portugal, Poland and Denmark - I'd hope I can get through that, and it'd be nice to go all the way...

I'm delighted! Over the turn of the season in July, Gordon Hart has moved up from favoured personnel to LEGEND status :cool:

Michael Van Beek has moved to Icon. This is delightful news! Don't think I even had an Icon at Savona last year :rolleyes:

Summer 2026 Transfers

Stefano Buzzi - was brought in on loan from Juventus for £2m. He was the best affordable left back (even if he is only on loan) to replace the outgoing Victor Ortega (who moved to Roma on a Bosman)

Jose Manuel - the opportunity came to sign the Spanish U19 international for a mere £425k. He's not a world beater but was worth the investment for his potential.

Mario Kalinic - was agreed when he was 16 and joins us an 18 year old prospect. We shall see how he develops. Only cost £180k.

Kwabena Osman - I was pleased to welcome Osman back to the club for his second spell on loan here. He was pleased to come and will hopefully be able to match the 19 goals he scored last term. The fee was £2.4m - a lot but worth it if he can provide that many goals.

Andres Pereda - probably the signing that excited the fans the most. He only cost £1.9m but is now the best paid player at the club on £30,500 p/w. I'm expecting him to lead the line well and probably get ahead of Robert Schober.

Overall I'm pleased with the improvements. I think Buzzi should be an adequate replacement for Ortega who will be missed. The others are marginal improvements in positions where I've sold or marginalised squad players. Bring it on.

SV_Waldhof_Mannheim.png

SVW Mannheim - German Third Division - Season 2010-11

So, following the apparent death of my Venezia save (pending a miracle from the SI team), i have decided to take on the 'mighty' LLR :rolleyes: in Germany. therefore, Chris Waddle has been appointed manager of newly-promoted SVW Mannheim. Waddle is hoping to help Mannheim rise rapidly throught the German leagus and guide the club to European success.

Can Chris Waddle succeed? i guess it's time to find out....

haha good to see a few guys jumping into Germany, ive had a blast with my game, most enjoyable save ive ever had i would say...especially after losing my Angri save so far in

having said that, my attempts at cracking europe, while trying to defend the league title are proving a bit tricky. been drawn with Spartak Moscow, Sevilla and Debrecen in my Champs League group, hopefully debrecen should be 6 points, as beat them twice a few years back in Europa League group...wish me luck!! :)

Hi guys, I've been toying with the idea of giving this challenge a go as I draw near to completing Dafuge's. I have tried to fire up a game to save and come back to but I've found I can't get the .ddt files to work?

Any ideas? I didn't seem to have any problems getting them to work before now, they just simply dont seem to show up when I check if they are listed in "extra files"

logo.png

SC Preußen Münster – 2011/2012 – 3rd Division

Pre-season

Previous season I had signed some players on 2 year contracts, and now a couple of them did not want extend their deals. With the prospect of losing decent players for free within a year, I decided to sell them. I was also signing players on bosman and expected to try to lure a few to Münster once they were released by their current clubs, so freeing some of the wage budget and possibly increasing it with the tranfers money sounded like a good plan. Those who parted ways with Münster were:

Manolo Pestrin – DM who impressed during the previous season. I would have wanted to keep him for his good performaces, but I adjusted my line of thinking to fiscal matters.

Nico Kanitz – AMLC who was unable to cement his place in the first 11. Sometimes unhappy at not playing enough.

Tobias Rathgeb – WBL DM MLC who I only let go once I had secured the signing of DM Matthias Lehmann.

The more important recruits:

Mario Erb – DC from FC Bayern. Played well on loan at 2nd div Rostock.

Daniele Pedrelli – WBL AML from Inter Milan.

Matthias Lehmann – DM MC released by St. Pauli.

Branislav Tomic – AM FC loaned from Hannover. This youngster has impressive attacking attributes.

The German Cup

1st round defeat against a strong Wolfsburg side at Preußen-Stadion. The game ended 0 – 3 . Absolutely no chance of winning as die Wölfe dominated.

The 3rd Division

Münster did not have the very best start to the season, but after a few games everything stated to go smoothly as victories piled up. 12 games into the season the team was top of the table and never looked back. 3rd Division champions 15 points above St. Pauli. Fairly easy season for die Adler. One of the defeats came against Wilhelmshaven, who otherwise were abolutely dreadfull managing only 2 victories and scoring 9 goals in 38 games.

Screenshots

League table – Position 1st

Player transfers

Squad at the end of the season

Jerome Assauer – Like the season before, Jerome was the top goalscorer.

Branislav Tomic – Impressive young AM FC who scored only 1 goal less than Assauer - mostly from AM position.

Daniele Pedrelli – Daniele had a good season, eventhough, because of my tactics, he played the whole season out of his natural position.

Matthias Lehmann – Matthias' 1st season as a Münster player was a success. Solid DM with decent attributes allround.

Mario Erb – DC who was consistent, but not brilliant throughout the whole season. As a DC, he could be better at jumping, but is nevertheless an important part of the team.

Stefab Genschur – A young keeper I have high expectations of. He was born in Münster, came through the Preußen Münster youth system, his favourite club is Münster and his favoured personnel is me. I hope he turns out great and has a long career at Münster. I decided not to play him yet, so he has time to train and is not exposed to too much pressure. Also I want to be able to tutor him once I will be able to sign a worthy experienced keeper to tutor him.

Hi guys, I've been toying with the idea of giving this challenge a go as I draw near to completing Dafuge's. I have tried to fire up a game to save and come back to but I've found I can't get the .ddt files to work?

Any ideas? I didn't seem to have any problems getting them to work before now, they just simply dont seem to show up when I check if they are listed in "extra files"

Did you put the .ddt file to appropriate location? For example:

Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\updates\update-1030\db\1030\edt

Is using the .ddt file mandatory, as I did not use one when I began my current game?

Nah its not mandatory, and you can achieve the same effect with loading all players "based" in the nation of your choice, the DDTs just reduce load time for anyone with a slower computer as it only loads all players from the lower division.

As for them not working did you go into preferences and reload skin on confirm first, sometimes this makes the game load the extra files as well.

Well guys I may be MIA for a while now, my daughter came tonight 5 days early. Welcome a new Football Manager to the World :)

I will be back to see you all soon, hope you all have good times while I am gone, but I will always be back and definitely around.

congrats! hope all is well, see you around :)

Well guys I may be MIA for a while now, my daughter came tonight 5 days early. Welcome a new Football Manager to the World :)

I will be back to see you all soon, hope you all have good times while I am gone, but I will always be back and definitely around.

That's great news! Congratulations.

See you around soon.

Congrats Des - pleased for you. hope everything is ok and we'll see you around. don't be away too long - the thread isn't the same without your updates!!

G-Wiz - a couple of stunning results there!! good luck v Inter.

Decided to give this another go (my PS3 broke!), after a couple of short starts, i decided to go with a Spanish challenge. Downloaded the spanish save from the OP.

Unfortuantely i dont have the fancy logos, nor do i have screenshots from season 1 or 2, mainly as i intended to do this "unofficially" and not even post, but i figured now what the hell, may as well share :)

The chance to manage U.D. Fuerteventura was too good to miss!

If nothing else it should be a nice lads holiday.........and should be able to tempt over some failed academy kids from manchester using just the nightlife and easy girls.......

Season 1 - 2010/11

Inherited a shocking squad, with some ageing players on big wages for lower league. However a nice level of wage budget and a small (£12K) transfer budget left me hopeful.

I always completely revamp squads when i manage, so almost all of my squad was shipped out. The clubs allowed me to scout fairly widely (including south america, despite the rules in the division not allowing non EU players!) I scouted for youth and found some nice players.

Firstly Zacherie Boucher, a fairly well known young keeper with great potential available on a free. I then managed to find various academy rejects from palermo, Inter, leverkusen, Ajax, Atalanta, Herenveen, Chelsea.

Add to that some veteran presence in Salvatore Fresi (an LLM fav of mine!) and we were set.

After a slowish start we went on a tear midseason. At seasons end we were comfortably top and managed to navigate the rather obscure play off system to secure promotion to LIGA adelante.

Season 2 - 2011/12

Expectations were minimal, since it was a huge step up and we are a tiny island club! Our stadium was too small, so £5million was spent on upgrading it, and since we had nothing in the bank it put us in huge debt. Subsiquently a "gift loan" was arranged to bring us back up to an even keal. This meant ground sharing with another tiny B2 team for 6months whilst the stadium was upgraded.

Now that we could select 3 non EU players, i sent scouts off to Brazil and came up with another LLM fav of mine - huge prospect Nikao. Another couple of strikers came in with yet another old FM fav in Mark van den Boogaart. Other than that changes were minimal.

After holding our own for the first 8 games and sitting in 7th place, we went on another tear, winning 10 of 12 agaisnt some of the big teams in our league. This meant at the midway point we sat 6pts clear atop of LIGA adalente!

Second half of the season was relatively uneventful in truth, we were slightly inconsistent, twice 6 and 7 goal wins were followed up by defeats but we remained top throughout the latter part of the season and were promoted as champions! Delighted and amazed to do this at the first attempt. Unfortuantely the flip side is that we are likely to be massively outclassed in La Liga as we have not had the time to build up reputation or finances!

Onwards and upwards!

logo.png

SC Preußen Münster – 2012/2013 – 2nd Division

Pre-season

Though the club had not had any serious financial problems, no superfluous funds had been available. Now in that the club was in the 2nd division, one could, because of the prize money, expect to have something to spend, either on transfer fees or wages, within a year. That was my expectation for the new season – at least survive in the division and then later build up the squad with healthier financial foundation. Wage budget was basically maxed out before I had signed any new players.

But then 1st division Mainz made an offer for DC Mario Erb. I negotiated and a transfer fee of £2.1M was agreed. This meant that not only would the wage budgett expand considerably, but maximum wage would also increase. A whole new window of opportunities opened in form of players who would be interested to join Münster once they would be payed the kind of money the club now could afford. After asessing the transfer market with newfound enthusiasm, I concurred I could sell couple of other players aswell and replace them with better ones.

Players out:

Mario Erb – OK defender, but selling him for a good price was vital.

Jerome Assauer – Goal scoring hero in the 3rd division, but most like out of his depth at this level.

Michael Kammermeyer – regular first team DC in the 3rd division, but not really good enough for higher levels.

Max Grün – Number 1 keeper for the last 2 seasons, but I was signing a better replacement.

Players in:

Michele Marconi – Internazionale payed £1.9M for this SC only a year ago, but he was released and joined Münster after first being on trial. Funny how big a diference a trial can make. Without it Marconi would have never signed with Münster.

Lukas Kling – MC from Nürnberg.

Torben Joneleit – 25 years old German DC who for the first time in his career will be playing in Germany.

Daniel Adlung – AM RLC released by Wolfsburg. Cold not make it at the highest level, but definately good enough for the 2nd division.

Roman Neustädter – A tall DC DM M C released by Mönchengladbach. A good signing.

Federico Agliardi – experienced GK from Padova. Suitable tutor for youngster Genschur.

Patrick Funk – DR DM M C released by Stuttgart.

Ciro Immobile – SC who was previously with Juventus.

Felix ”Toni's brother” Kroos – Impressive young AM FC loaned from Rostock.

Tobias Bönig – Promising young DRC loaned from Hoffenheim

The German Cup

The 1st round game was against the team from neighbouring town Paderborn. Münster pretty much dominated the match, but won only 1 – 0 at Preußen-Stadion.

The 2nd round adversary was 1st division HSV. After a valiant battle at home HSV eventually won 2 – 3.

The 2nd Division

Although the expectiation was for Münster to be 18th – dead last – in the league, my expectations were higher. I had signed many good players and felt that the squad posessed the kind of quality that is required to challenge for promotion. The campaign began pretty much like the previous sesaon in the 3rd division – with average form. I alredy thought the season was going to be spent in midtable obscurity with no threat of relegation, but no realistic hopes for promotion either. But like the year before, the team began to play better and better. This happened later in the season than in the 3rd division and competition included wider array of quality teams, so everything was much tighter. Nevertheless, come the end of the season, Münster were topping the table! 2 promotions in 2 seasons.

The thing that I thought was notable this season was how well the defence worked. Only 18 goals was scored against Münster. The next best team, defencewise, were Nürnberg with 29 goals against.

Screenshots

League table – Position 1st

Player transfers

Squad at the end of the season

Michele Marconi – Top goalscorer

Roman Neustädter – Great season from the tall DC

Federico Agliardi – The last line of defence behind outfieldplayers

Ecstatic fans go bonkers – The fans dedicate a statue to me. Or at least are looking to do it. :)

That is quite something. Congratulations! :)

congratulations on promotion duccio. dominant title win there. hopefully i'll be able to follow you with Mannheim (a season earlier in an ideal world - doubt it will happen though!)

You will promote all the way to the 1st division in no time! :thup:

You will promote all the way to the 1st division in no time! :thup:

let's hope so! so far it's going ok. bit inconsistent but i'm remaining quietly optimistic..... :)Congrats on your latest promotion too!! :thup:

Jambo98 - some great progress. looking forward to more regular updates with screenshots!! :thup:

2rdu6fa.jpg

VfB Lubeck - 2020/2021 - End of Season Review

Predicted Position: 1st

Actual Position: 1st

Average Attendance: 27559

Season Ticket Holders: 7851

The League

The team successfully defended the league title, winning 1 game more than last season. Although we werent quite as free-scoring as last season, we did enough to hold onto the title of champions!

Awards season was again very good to the team:

German Players Defender of The Year - Daniel Kuster

German Players Midfielder of The Year - Eduardo

German Players Goalkeeper of The Year - Emmanuel Nkomo

German Manager of The Year - Garry Maltman

German Players Manager of The Year - Garry Maltman

Andrea Galliani also came 3rd in the German Footballer of The Year award, the credit he deserved after a great season.

The German Cup

Another successful year in the German Cup, beating Dortmund 3-1 in the final

The Euro Cup

Finished 1st in Group F thanks to the following results:

Sp. Moscow 4 - 2 Lubeck

Lubeck 3 - 2 Sevilla

Debrecen 3 - 0 Lubeck

Lubeck 5 - 1 Debrecen

Lubeck 4 - 1 Sp. Moscow

Sevilla 2 - 2 Lubeck

1st Knockout Rd - Marseille 3 - 2 Lubeck Lubeck 1 - 0 Marseille - 3-3 (through on away goals)

Quarter Final - Real Madrid 2 - 3 Lubeck Lubeck 7 - 2 Real Madrid - 10-4 on aggregate

Semi Final - Lubeck 1 - 1 Inter Inter 2 - 2 Lubeck

Final - Man United 1 - 3 Lubeck

an amazing european run which culminated in me defeating Man United in the final, and allowed me to complete the challenge!!

Following the success of winning the Champions Cup, Eduardo was named Best Player of the tournament, and he and Mesut Palaz were both named in the Champions Cup Dream Team

Players

The major players were:

GK

Emmanuel Nkomo - starting to develop into a top keeper, another decent season, 14 clean sheets, and GK of the year award

Def

Benjamin Weiner - continues to provide back-up for the first team, another 17 apps, and a couple of useful goals

Oscar Galeano - first full season, not outstanding but always solid

Daniel Kuster - average of 7.21 over 39 apps, star defender

Mesut Palaz - another 46 apps for the young turncoat, attracting interest from some big names again

Araujo - solid performance, always a danger from corners as well as being solid at the back. still has the worst disciplinary record ive ever seen tho lol

Gianluca Ruffini - brought in to cover LB position, proved more than capable when called upon

Mid

Eduardo - continues to boss midfield, another 14 goals, another 24 assists, average 7.36. doesnt get much better

Ghislain Monteil - 49 apps, 6.99 average. holding midfielder who lets the other 2 roam forward, making whispers about maybe moving on

Pablo Rosales - 46 apps, chipped in with 9 goals, with a few of them being long-range screamers! starting to become a hard player to take out the team

Sven Fuchs - 39 apps, 6 goals, recently earned first callup to international squad

Att

Andrea Galliani - his best season so far, finishing with 28 goals

Sven Bellot - missed a bit of the season through injury, but still got 12 goals, decent return from youngster

Paolo Giovinco - disappointing season in terms of goalscoring, but 22 assists is a good return. not sure whether his future lies elsewhere

Stefano Okaka - another year, another seaosn as top scorer. 35 goals in all comps, 7.22 average. is the clubs record league goalscorer with 132 goals

Lukasz Piszczek - 27 apps, mostly from the bench, but another 7 goals, finally pushing him over the 100 league goal mark. record league apps for club (252) another season as a sub then hes done

Tomas Svoboda - not often used, due to the sheer number of strikers i have at the club, but if giovinco moves on then may get more chances

Top Scorer: Stefano Okaka - 35 goals

Most Assists: Eduardo - 24 assists

Highest Ave. Rating: Eduardo - 7.36

Fans Player of The Year: Eduardo

Appearances:

Lukas Piszczek - 300 - 122 goals

Marco Castellani - 261 - 1 goal

Stefano Okaka - 250 - 175 goals

Eduardo - 247 - 73 goals

Timo Gebhart - 211 - 30 goals

Marco Mura - 205

Benjamin Weiner - 190 - 13 goals

Mesut Palaz - 171

Emmanuel Nkomo - 167

Ghislain Monteil - 159 - 13 goals

Holger Badstuber - 139 - 7 goals

Pablo Rosales - 138 - 20 goals

Paolo Giovinco - 136 - 45 goals

Araujo - 112 - 17 goals

Mozart - 112 - 24 goals

Ferhat Dag - 111 - 22 goals

Jose Luis Prado - 107 - 3 goals

As a result of this season, i have now been promoted from favoured personnel to a club legend, and am now 8th in the German Hall of Fame with 3 Major Trophy wins and 2 Minor Trophy wins.

Going forward, the board have again announced a stadium expansion, which can only be a good thing, the more bums in seats, the more money that comes in obviously. The aim for the coming season is just to try and repeat this season successes, and add the European Super Cup to the trophies ive won already.

Season          Division        Position       Achievements
2010/2011       Third Division	1st		Promoted 
2011/2012	Second Division 9th		  
2012/2013       Second Division 2nd	 	Promoted
2013/2014	First Division  14th
2014/2015       First Division  9th
2015/2016       First Division  5th             German Cup Runner Up, Qualified for Euro Cup
2016/2017       First Division  8th
2017/2018       First Division  8th             German Cup Winner!
2018/2019       First Division  3rd             Qualified for Champions Cup
2019/2020       First Division  1st		Champions!
2020/2021       First Division  1st             Champions!German Cup Winner!Champions Cup Winner!!

Renato Curi Angolana - Serie B - New Year 2020

The Summer

We started off with 2 home matches, first up Arezzo and we got our 1st win of the season 5 matches earlier than last year. Relegated Padova were next and we thrashed them, totally and utterly thrashed them, no idea how that had happened :eek:. We then went and won at Ancona, and were unexpectedly top. 3 wins being a much better start than the 5 defeats of last season. Obviously we then fell apart in our next match, a 2-5 defeat against freshly promoted Benevento. Thankfully this did not derail us as we went 5 games without defeat, admittedly 3 were draws but the highlight was an Ezeocha hat-trick in a 4-0 win.

Then we visited AlbinoLeffe and it was a great match, we were 0-2 down, 3-2 up but unfortunately in the 95th minute (admittedly 5 minutes of injury time were announced) they got a winner. Next we visited a very good Catania side who had been relegated and were chasing promotion. And we were fantastic, our defence solid, we took the lead on the stroke of h/t and even played the last 30 minutes with 10 men and still survived with ease. We then managed to ruin quite a lot of that good work but chucking away a 3-1 lead with 4 minutes to go at home to a very average Virtus Lanciano side. That was recovered with a 2nd straight away win which took our away victory tally above last season and we had only just started November.

By this stage we had been floating around the top 5 / 6 as were Cagliari who we visited next and came away with a respectable goalless draw. Our unbeaten home record was ruined when we went a 2nd straight game without a goal and conceded to Lecce. 2 wins and 2 draws kept us in and around the playoff zone before Parma visited for our last match of the year and they also came away with a 1-0 win. Despite that run of 2 wins and only 6 goals in the last 7 games we are still in the mix in a very surprising 5th place. It is very tight though as we are only 4 points above 13th.

All in all I am delighted. We are scoring a fair number of goals but more importantly our defensive record is fantastic, my risky bet in not changing anything (apart from starting with a weaker GK!) has paid off. All 4 of our defeats could have possibly been avoided as well. Only small issue is the number of draws. On the transfer front, Ezeocha and Atienza have been beyond fantastic (our best 2 players), the 2 Romanians are good squad players whilst I still don't know what to do with José Maria, he has played a bit but I have no idea where to play him best and given he is worth quite a bit I will probably flog him in the Summer.

Not entirely sure promotion would be a great idea as we would come straight down again, another year in this division might work well. That said, I clearly have to aim for the top 6 and playoffs and if we do go up you won't see me complaining! :D

Welcome aboard Tommy, and I plan on educating her in football and how to support AD Fafe early on, then the next stage is from about 6-8 months on taking her along to the Wellington Phoenix & Wellington Hurricanes games...I am going to do my best to make her a sports fan.

approaching the business end of my debut German season and our form is starting to wobble at the wrong time... best pick it up again soon!!

kyle - personally i think the key is a good striker and a tight defence. a couple of good loanees can also help.

well, after trying this earlier in the season in Germany and Scotland, and managing one season between them, I am back. It wouldnt let me choose sunday league footballer for some reason so i went for automatic.

After Holidaying the season I chose Chamois Niortas Football Club, who finished below 6 reserve teams in the CFA-D to gain promotion. here is some club information, and here is my personal information and personal details, complete with new transformers bird cheerleader.

expect me to get bored within a couple of months game time, but if by some miracle i dont, dont have high hopes for my abilities with lower league clubs :)

Archived