FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

Yeah, I'm gearing up for FM11, I've got a level to keep up after Domegliara and Romorantin - maybe Spain next season.

I've tried going back to FM09 to complete Pastore's career, but the interface looks so old that I can't really face it anymore.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just been offered the Napoli (£35m to spend) and the AC Milan (£115m to spend!!) jobs... Reject obviously...

in bad news Ercan has left for Inter for £21.5 million... Wanted to be transfer listed and didn't want him affecting squad morale...

2rdu6fa.jpg

VfB Lubeck - 2018/2019 - End of Season Review

Predicted Position: 9th

Actual Position: 3rd

Average Attendance: 17548

Season Ticket Holders: 5007

The League

My best season to date. For this season i decided to change my approach, and more importantly my formation, and went a bit more Gungho with a 4-3-3, working on the score more than you concede philosophy. For the most part it was very effective, although the number of goals i did concede was still a bit of a concern. This season i scored 90 goals in 34 league games (A Bundesliga record!), up from 64 the previous season. But i conceded 48, down from 50 the previous season. The change in formation/approach also contributed to some of the best performances ive seen from my players to date.

Finishing 3rd means i exceeded my expectations for the season, and also means i qualify for the Champions League next season, something im really excited about.

For the second year running i was voted 3rd in the Manager of The Year awards, this time the award going to Gerd Dais, who guided Schalke to the league title.

The German Cup

Was a non-event this season, after the highs of the win last year, was knocked out in the 3rd round by Hamburg, who always seem to get one over on me lol

The Euro Cup

Beyond all expectation, i scraped my way through to the Semi Final, before being knocked out by my old foes Udinese, who knocked me out a few years ago in my only previous appearance in the competition.

The group drew me up against AS Nancy, Valencia and Zenit. Results as follows:

Lubeck 3 - 0 Zenit

Valencia 3 - 3 Lubeck

Lubeck 2 - 1 Nancy

Nancy 1 - 3 Lubeck

Zenit 1 - 1 Lubeck

Lubeck 1 - 2 Valencia

Qualified 2nd behind Valencia, and was drawn against:

1st Knockout Round: L.1 - Lubeck 1 - 0 Panathinaikos

L.2 - Panathinaikos 1 - 1 Lubeck

2nd Knockout Round: L.1 - Lubeck 1 - 1 Sampdoria

L.2 - Sampdoria 1 - 2 Lubeck

Quarter Final: L.1 - Lubeck 3 - 3 Fenerbahce

L.2 - Fenerbahce 0 - 2 Lubeck

Semi Final: L.1 - Lubeck 3 - 3 Udinese

L.2 - Udinese 2 - 1 Lubeck

Had a great run, enjoyed the tension, and the manner of my wins, hoping this will bode me well for the Champions League next season.

Players

Stefano Okaka finished the season with 32 goals in 28 league appearances, by far his most productive season, which made him the German Top Scorer and the winner of the European Golden Boot! His 32 league goals is also the most scored in a season since Dieter Mueller in 1976/1977 season!

Also, following on from last season German Midfielder of the Year award, Eduardo went one better and this year was voted German Footballer of The Year! Great achievements from my 2 top players.

On the transfer front, there was a bit of movement, with 23 million coming in. Claudio Flotta was the first big name to go, moving to Manchester United for £10.25 million, after making groans about wanting to move to a bigger club. Also gone are Romelu Lukaku (£7.5 mill - Hamburg), Ferhat Dag (£1.2 mill - Karlsruhe) and Ritchie Kitoko (£2.5 mill - Kaiserslautern) - the latter 2 being great servants over the years, making 111 and 96 appearances respectively for the club. Of the £23 million that came in, £18.25 mill went back out. But ill get to who came in.

The major players were:

GK

Marco Mura - Used sparingly, as i decided to keep the faith in young Nkomo, but kept 4 clean sheets in his 8 appearances

Emmanuel Nkomo - young and full of promise, i decided to install him as my No. 1 choice, and altho he did concede a few goals, i think the potential is there.

Def

Marco Castellani - another 49 club appearances, solid as always, starting to make noise about moving on, hopefully i can keep hold of him

Matteo Giorgi - formed a solid partnership with Araujo, best is yet to come i believe

Benjamin Weiner - struggled for game time, due to sheer number of defenders, but still hanging on. recently called up to German squad for U-21 Euro Championships

Holger Badstuber - mainly a sub, filled in at CB or DM, and did it well

Jose Luis Prado - rarely used, has agreed a move to CSKA Moscow for £6.75 million in the summer

Mesut Palaz - 46 appearances, solidified his place as first-choice right back, still only 21, will improve further.

Dennis Aogo - aging, and starting to show it, barely used but handy to have in the team

Araujo - £7.5 mil signing from Shakhtar, giant defender had a solid first season

Dmitriy Verkhovstev - signed on a free, brought some much needed height and experience to the defense, very good season, scoring 7 goals, a real threat from corners

Mid

Eduardo - spectacular season, scoring 17 goals, and laying on 23 assists in 46 apps, averaging 7.44. German Footballer of The Year, deservedly so. Approaching being the best signing ive ever made in FM, £100k well spent!

Timo Gebhart - another 31 apps, another 11 assists, and 6 goals, ever-reliable

Ghislain Monteil - decent holding midfielder, yet to see the best of him though

Pablo Rosales - bought for £5 million from FC Zurich, was another creative force in midfield, with 14 assists and averaging 7.05. good first season

Att

Andrea Galliani - signed for free in 2016/2017 season, only really coming to fruition after a few years out on loan. scored 15 goals and 19 assists as part of my 3-pronged attack

Paolo Giovinco - £5 mill signing from Palermo, chipped in with 17 goals and 19 assists in first season, decent return.

Stefano Okaka - completed my first-choice italian front 3, and had the season of his life, scoring 37 goals in all competitions.

Lukasz Piszczek - another 4 goals for the veteran, mainly from sub appearances. i had hoped he would reach 100 league goals for the club, he currently has 89. the coming season will be his last for me, hopefully he can go out on a high.

Nikolay Sorokin - not used as much as the others, but still got 11 goals in 26 apps, not too bad, but struggling to justify his transfer fee.

Top Scorer: Stefano Okaka - 32 goals

Most Assists: Eduardo - 23 assists

Highest Ave. Rating: Eduardo - 7.44

Fans Player of The Year: Eduardo

Going forward, i should be moving into my new stadium within the next few months, hopefully i can fill it with my Champions Cup campaign. In the league, i hope i can maintain my top 3 position, a push for the title must be close!

Season          Division        Position       Achievements
2010/2011       Third Division	1st		Promoted 
2011/2012	Second Division 9th		  
2012/2013       Second Division 2nd	 	Promoted
2013/2014	First Division  14th
2014/2015       First Division  9th
2015/2016       First Division  5th             German Cup Runner Up, Qualified for Euro Cup
2016/2017       First Division  8th
2017/2018       First Division  8th             German Cup Winner!
2018/2019       First Division  3rd             Qualified for Champions Cup

great season there G-Wiz - congrats on CL qualification... Great run in the EURO Cup too - unlucky on missing out on the final. Eduardo looks like a quality midfielder and a great season from Okaka there.

good luck next season.

finally a few players getting international recognition, including the original youth product Benjamin Weiner, Mesut Palaz, and new signing Sven Bellot all picking up their first caps for Germany...Mesut Palaz having switched his allegiance from Turkey after being capped for them at U-21 level...

I was earlier playing as Casertana, but I have since discontinued that save.

I'm now on holiday IRL, so I have loads of time to play the game :). I have not managed in Germany in quite awhile, so I started a new save there. I was hoping for teams from either Goslar or Bamberg, both charming small cities, to be promoted to the 3rd division, but eventually got tired of reloading and took over Preußen Münster.

Here is my profile

Does anyone else hate this new layout? :mad:

Yeah I really don't like it. I also hate the function of the buttons changing, and that it screwed with how some of my updates look if I go back through them. I just think this new layout seems so...I think the word for it is bland. It just looks like every other Forum...

And quoting you I just saw how that looks, and that's horrendous as well.

And the loss of the link to all the forums at the bottom of the page is a pig as well :(

good luck Duccio.

As for the layout, i quite like the actual skin but still growing used to the changing of some of the functions... Sure everyone will grow to like it just like we do with new skins in games...

Woohoo, well I had written most of my update and was adding in screenshots then Imageshack went all whacko and wasn't uploading any of my screenies, so I left it (on Thursday night), now just got home on Saturday night from my nieces Birthday (Such a cute lil 2 year old), I walked in and she came running straight at me with her arms wide for a hug yelling "Joooonoooo" was awesome. Anyway I am going to tomorrow to try and get my 21st season update given to you all, and also the 3rd & 4th parts of my History Updates as well...

Thanks for the welcomes! Here is my first season. :)

logo.png

SC Preußen Münster – 2010/2011 – 3rd Division

Pre-season

As is usual, most of the players at the club after promotion were pretty useless, so the squad had to be built from the ground up. It was obvious that Münster's ability to attract players, wether it was because of the club or the city itself or the fact that the team was only 2 promotions away from the 1st Bundesliga, was not entirely poor – as long as a lucrative signing on bonuses for the players were guaranteed. I was able to sign some reasonably good players (bosman, unattached & loan), but it meant that the golden handshakes caused the finances to go several 100k to negative figures.

Cup

SC Preußen Münster did not take part in cup competition.

League

Predicted 18th in the league by the media (why the heck does the game make the media predictions so long before the league actually starts and before teams sign new players?), I thought the team had much more quality and hoped to challenge for promotion. The campaign basically had three parts: in the beginning the results were OK, mid season was difficult as the club's form dipped, and the latter part of the season was great as the team collected victories for a hobby. The good form in the end of the campaign was not enough for Münster to earn a promotion, but a very respactable 4th place only 6 points behind the league winners was a very satisfactory results for the newcomers.

Screenshots

League table – Position 4th

Player Transfers

Squad at the end of the season

Jerome Assauer – Top goal scorer. IRL son of former German defender Rudi Assauer.

Manolo Pestrin – Defensive midfielder had a great season.

New chairman – No investments, but he took aout a loan and the club is no longer in red.

Seats to be installed within the stadium – Apparently the Preußen-Stadion does not fulfill regulations and some seats must be installed.

I remain positive, and certainly the new season began with good news: apparently among the new batch of youngsters is a keeper who is supposed to be one of the best of his generation! How good he actually is/will be remains to be seen. Looks quite good for a 15 year old though.

Stefan Genschur

n253915745713_7210.jpg

F.C. VENEZIA - SERIE A - SEASON 2023-24 - SEASON PREVIEW

So after last season's best finish of 5th the challenge for this season is to break into top 4 and claim a CL place. I initially planned on keeping the core of my squad together and adding a small crop of players who could improve the squad. These were mainly players who i'd agreed to join last season - Auer, Ufuk Ucan and Diaz. However as we know, plannig is all well and good but you can't cater for what actually happens...

First up was our star CB Ercan announcing he wanted to be put on the transfer list. i try not to keep too many unhappy players due to the effect it has on morale, i decided to cash in and he was off to rivals Inter Milan for £21.5 million. No sooner had he left tan Moretto also wanted listing, so i offloaded him as well. In midfield, i decided i had too many central midfielders following Diaz's arrival, so i started cashing in on midfielders. Ander left for £8 million a year after signing. (£8 million for a 33 year old who isn't a regular is good business in my eyes). Dos Santos, Blanco and Valle soon follwed him out of the door.

Having assessed my squad on the first couple of firendlies, one thing stood out - I was very light on CB's and centre midfielders, with 3 of each respectively at the club! Which led me to frantically look for new talent. At this point i made a conscious decision to sign a couple of good CBs and then build the squad numbers with promising youth. i am happy with the core of my team so it makes sense to add youth to the squad to make up the numbers, as they don't crave first team football.

Transfers

So, without further ado, here are the new Lagunari....

Defenders

Ferdinand Auer - i had had my eye on this Austrian RB for a while and jumped at the opportunity to sign him for £3.6 million and a decent youth player i had. He will push Ortega hard for the RB spot and is currently just shading it. i have high hopes for him.

Miroslav Kraljevic - Quality Serbian CB signed from PSG - he is the direct replacement for Ercan. Delighted to have signed him, i think he'll do a great job at the back for us.

Jeroen Bouwman - Dutch CB signed for a record fee of £18 million making him my record buy. Not quite as good as Kraljevic, he will still add competition to the CB spot.

Matteo Heinrich - Young French CB who is a promising player. Will add depth to the CB spots.

Plamen Stanev - Versatile Bulgarian defender signed for £5 million. Will add competition mainly to the RB spot and has played some early games.

Marco Di Giralamo - young Italian LB signed on a free. Decent potential, i have taken a chance on him.

Midfielders

Xabier Diaz - Really excited by the young Spaniard. Snapped him up last season when recommended by my scout. Rating suggest he's my best CM by a long way. If he performs as he should i have a real star on my hands here. A potential bargain for £4 million.

Arnas Sanajevas - Stumbled across this Lithuanian CM when trawling for young talent. He was about to sign for Lille but i pounced and he's mine. Looks a really solid CM - will provide cover mainly this season i think

Tiago Gama - Portugese AMC signed from Sporting Lisbon. Another promising player who will mainly cove rthis season.

Theo Hofmans - 15 year old CM signed with the future in mind. Looks really promising - hopefully he reaches his full potential.

Jiri Kopriva - Czech midfielder again signed with the future in mind. Promising player again.

Elin Kirilov - Whilst i have signed this AMR with the future in mind, he is already comparable to Cannone so will compete for the AMR berth.

Paul Wright - English defensive midfielder brought in as cover for Gomes

Michael Rutten - Dutch left winger brought in as competition for Talamonti as i had none. Looks a good player and strengthens our AML options significantly

Strikers

Ufuk Ucar - Turkish striker signed on a free. Initially i thought he might be a quality cover player, but he has done really well in pre-season so might get a shot at the starting line up.

Notable departures this summer were Ercan, Moretto, Ander and Dos Santos, most of whom were unhappy. i want to have a happy squad if possible so off they went.

In The Euro Cup we beat AGF of Denmark 2-0 both home and away to progress to the group stages. As a result our group looks like this:

Porto

VENEZIA

Mechelen

St Gallen

Not too bad a group and i fancied my chances of progressing. This has been backed up by the fact we have had the following results:

Venezia 3 - 0 Porto

St Gallen 0 - 5 Venezia

Mechelen 0 - 3 Venezia

We're almost through already and only need a point from the final 3 games. hopefully i can wrap this up quick and play some squad players in the remaining games.

On we go with the league then....

FORZA LAGUNARI!!

n253915745713_7210.jpg

F.C. VENEZIA - SERIE A - SEASON 2023-24 - SEASON PREVIEW

So after last season's best finish of 5th the challenge for this season is to break into top 4 and claim a CL place. I initially planned on keeping the core of my squad together and adding a small crop of players who could improve the squad. These were mainly players who i'd agreed to join last season - Auer, Ufuk Ucan and Diaz. However as we know, plannig is all well and good but you can't cater for what actually happens...

First up was our star CB Ercan announcing he wanted to be put on the transfer list. i try not to keep too many unhappy players due to the effect it has on morale, i decided to cash in and he was off to rivals Inter Milan for £21.5 million. No sooner had he left tan Moretto also wanted listing, so i offloaded him as well. In midfield, i decided i had too many central midfielders following Diaz's arrival, so i started cashing in on midfielders. Ander left for £8 million a year after signing. (£8 million for a 33 year old who isn't a regular is good business in my eyes). Dos Santos, Blanco and Valle soon follwed him out of the door.

Having assessed my squad on the first couple of firendlies, one thing stood out - I was very light on CB's and centre midfielders, with 3 of each respectively at the club! Which led me to frantically look for new talent. At this point i made a conscious decision to sign a couple of good CBs and then build the squad numbers with promising youth. i am happy with the core of my team so it makes sense to add youth to the squad to make up the numbers, as they don't crave first team football.

Transfers

So, without further ado, here are the new Lagunari....

Defenders

Ferdinand Auer - i had had my eye on this Austrian RB for a while and jumped at the opportunity to sign him for £3.6 million and a decent youth player i had. He will push Ortega hard for the RB spot and is currently just shading it. i have high hopes for him.

Miroslav Kraljevic - Quality Serbian CB signed from PSG - he is the direct replacement for Ercan. Delighted to have signed him, i think he'll do a great job at the back for us.

Jeroen Bouwman - Dutch CB signed for a record fee of £18 million making him my record buy. Not quite as good as Kraljevic, he will still add competition to the CB spot.

Matteo Heinrich - Young French CB who is a promising player. Will add depth to the CB spots.

Plamen Stanev - Versatile Bulgarian defender signed for £5 million. Will add competition mainly to the RB spot and has played some early games.

Marco Di Giralamo - young Italian LB signed on a free. Decent potential, i have taken a chance on him.

Midfielders

Xabier Diaz - Really excited by the young Spaniard. Snapped him up last season when recommended by my scout. Rating suggest he's my best CM by a long way. If he performs as he should i have a real star on my hands here. A potential bargain for £4 million.

Arnas Sanajevas - Stumbled across this Lithuanian CM when trawling for young talent. He was about to sign for Lille but i pounced and he's mine. Looks a really solid CM - will provide cover mainly this season i think

Tiago Gama - Portugese AMC signed from Sporting Lisbon. Another promising player who will mainly cove rthis season.

Theo Hofmans - 15 year old CM signed with the future in mind. Looks really promising - hopefully he reaches his full potential.

Jiri Kopriva - Czech midfielder again signed with the future in mind. Promising player again.

Elin Kirilov - Whilst i have signed this AMR with the future in mind, he is already comparable to Cannone so will compete for the AMR berth.

Paul Wright - English defensive midfielder brought in as cover for Gomes

Michael Rutten - Dutch left winger brought in as competition for Talamonti as i had none. Looks a good player and strengthens our AML options significantly

Strikers

Ufuk Ucar - Turkish striker signed on a free. Initially i thought he might be a quality cover player, but he has done really well in pre-season so might get a shot at the starting line up.

Notable departures this summer were Ercan, Moretto, Ander and Dos Santos, most of whom were unhappy. i want to have a happy squad if possible so off they went.

In The Euro Cup we beat AGF of Denmark 2-0 both home and away to progress to the group stages. As a result our group looks like this:

Porto

VENEZIA

Mechelen

St Gallen

Not too bad a group and i fancied my chances of progressing. This has been backed up by the fact we have had the following results:

Venezia 3 - 0 Porto

St Gallen 0 - 5 Venezia

Mechelen 0 - 3 Venezia

We're almost through already and only need a point from the final 3 games. hopefully i can wrap this up quick and play some squad players in the remaining games.

On we go with the league then....

FORZA LAGUNARI!!

Des Tiny's

Lusitano de Evora

newheader.png

End of Season

2030/31 Liga Sagres

The Streak Goes on...?

The Current Season

The Quick Reference

Predicted: 1st

Actual: 1st - CHAMPIONS!!!

Portuguese Cup: Final vs Porto - CHAMPIONS!!!

League Cup: Semifinal vs Porto

Super Cup: vs Benfica - CHAMPIONS!!!

Champions League: Final vs At. Madrid - CHAMPIONS!!!

Euro Super Cup: vs Manchester City - CHAMPIONS!!!

Club World Champs: Final vs Sao Paulo - CHAMPIONS!!!

The Manager: Des Tiny - History

Euro Rank: 3rd (^2) [1st Por]

Finances: £168M (Debt £39.5M) (1st Por, 12th World)

Season Tickets: 5660 (^1084)

The Squad: First & Second XI, The Rest

Transfers: 2030/31

The Season in General

This season I aimed to try and actually make money as we had a new stadium which was close to selling out in absolutely every game this season. Even though I didn't spend as much on transfers as I had in the past, and I focussed on young stars we still seemed to lose money hand over fist. This is something I am going to try and work on, but we are slowly building a squad of youngsters who can replace my superstars if they ever retire. I did reject three international jobs at the start of this season: Argentina, Spain & France.

The League

Early on in the season one of our opponents decided we could buy the title, but was not really that simple, we did play well throughout the season, but it wasn't until four games to go that we guaranteed this. We managed a very good league season some highlights being the run of 10 games without conceding include a 5:0 over Sporting & a 7:0 over Covilha, we went better with 8:0 over Alcains (The other Challenge team), they got relegated.

Player Stats

Team Stats

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

The Cups

Taca de Portugal

Well we started the Portuguese Cup the way we wanted to with a 5:0 thrashing, we then went past Sporting 2:1, Gil Vicente 3:0 & Vit Setubal 4:0, then home and away in the Semi against Varzim we went 2:2 & 4:0 to clean them out. The Final was against Porto and we spanked them off the park with a five goal smashing.

Results

Team Stats

Player Stats

Taca de Liga

The Taca de Liga saw us romp through our group with wins over Leixoes 3:0, Vit Setubal 3:1 & Alcains 6:0, then we faced Porto at home in the Semifinal, we looked good to be advancing to the final again, but it was not to be as we ended up with 23 players out on international duty and my U19s lost 6:7 on penalties.

Results

Player Stats

Team Stats

Super Cup

The super cup was a match that we won with ease 2:1 over Benfica to start our season.

Europe

Super Cup

The Super Cup in Europe saw us face Manchester City in a huge match-up, it went all the way to the end as we only managed a 3:2 victory for our second trophy.

Champions League

Group - Our Group saw us lining up against Galtasaray, Dinamo Kiev & AEK, We did extremely poorly against Galtasaray as we ended up with a 2:2 draw and a 0:1 loss, a poor run against them meant we finished second in our group, but that mattered little with our huge defeats of AEK 6:0 & 2:0, and two wins over Dinamo Kiev 3:0 & 4:0, we had already scored 17 goals in the group stage alone.

1st Knockout Round - vs Manchester City: We had already defeated them in the European Super Cup final, but it turned out we needed to play them twice more to progress in the Champions League. We had them at home first and managed a great 3:1 victory at Tiny Stadium, then we went to the City of Manchester Stadium knowing a draw was good enough and we managed to take a 1:1 draw and head into the Quarterfinal.

Quarterfinals - vs Manchester United: Yes once more we are doing a pairing system in our Champions League, this season it is both Manchester teams (And to come another pair). Again first we were at Tiny Stadium and another 3:1 victory set us up well for our second trip to Manchester, we were hopeful of doing enough to stay in the competition. At Old Trafford I thought we were in a lot of trouble when we were down 1:0 and Vitor got sent off leaving us to play a 4-2-3 which was a little ridiculous, I went slightly more attacking in an attempt to keep us in it. Well at the 52nd minute we tied the game up, but then the game went ridiculous and headed to the bizzare as they scored two more goals before the end of full time to put us into extra time with them leading 3:1 (4:4agg), I went even more attacking now, but we went down with a penalty that put us behind by a goal on 112 mins, then barry Britton tied it up on 115 mins with a great header, and the game finally swung in our direction in injury time when Danilo added his second on 120+1 minutes to give us the victory.

Semifinals - vs Real Madrid: This game started in Madrid, we again lost a player to a red card as Sanchez got two yellows and left the field, that though galvanised our team, Evora were down 2:0 at this point and Almiron & Danilo stepped up to score 3 goals in 18 mins after the sending off and give us a 3:2 lead going back to Tiny Stadium. In the second leg we were just sitting there and letting them come and try to get it, well they couldn't score and a goal by Almiron right before halftime put us into the final against...(Guess?)

Final - vs At. Madrid: Well we ended up doing a Manchester & Madrid double this season, the final was to be held at Celtic Park, Glasgow (Celtic lost the other Semi to At. Madrid), we went there with a lot of hope knowing that it was going to be a hugely attacking game as both teams had played that way all season long. We were nearly out done by our former player Johnny Myklebust who scored a brace, but great work from our whole team saw the trophy heading back to Evora for the third straight time.

Group E

Results

Team Stats

Player Stats

World

Club World Championships

Results

Player Stats

Team Stats

Vs the Top 3

vs Sporting 5:0

at Sporting 2:1, 2:2

Record: 21-7-12 (73:62)

at Porto 3:2

vs Porto 2:0, 0:0p

nv Porto 5:0

Record: 23-5-11 (70:41)

at Benfica 2:1

vs Benfica 2:1

nv Benfica 2:1

Record: 19-6-19 (61:58)

The Club's History

League Records

|----------|----------|-----------|----------|-----------------------------------|
|  Season  |  League  | Final Pos | Playoffs |            Achievements           |
|----------|----------|-----------|----------|-----------------------------------|
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4647693&postcount=2810"]2010/11[/url] |   2DS    |    [url="http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]6th[/url]    |          |                None               |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4669085&postcount=2856"]2011/12[/url] |   2DS    |    [url="http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]1st[/url]    |    [url="http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]2nd[/url]   |         Promoted & Won 2DS        |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4687627&postcount=2883"]2012/13[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5702/ligavitalis4.png"]8th[/url]    |    N/A   |                None               |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4693906&postcount=2918"]2013/14[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8594/ligavitalis.png"]3rd[/url]    |    N/A   |                None               |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4735466&postcount=3041"]2014/15[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6752/ligavitalis14.png"]3rd[/url]    |    N/A   |                None               |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4897020&postcount=3290"]2015/16[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3581/ligavitalis9.png"]4th[/url]    |    N/A   |                None               |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4901543&postcount=3295"]2016/17[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4115/ligavitalis6.png"]3rd[/url]    |    N/A   |                None               |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4911039&postcount=3311"]2017/18[/url] |    LV    |    [url="http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8971/ligavitalis10.png"]1st[/url]    |    N/A   |         Promoted & Won LV         |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4918967&postcount=3319"]2018/19[/url] |    LS    |   [url="http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6383/ligasagres2.png"]10th[/url]    |    N/A   |                None               |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4966396&postcount=3362"]2019/20[/url] |    LS    |    [url="http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/9412/ligasagres5.png"]5th[/url]    |    N/A   |           Qualified EC            |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5024185&postcount=3430"]2020/21[/url] |    LS    |    [url="http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/7430/ligasagres7.png"]9th[/url]    |    N/A   |                None               |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5045935&postcount=3472"]2021/22[/url] |    LS    |    [url="http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9634/ligasagres4.png"]5th[/url]    |    N/A   |        Won Lg Cup & Qual EC       |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5066265&postcount=3495"]2022/23[/url] |    LS    |    [url="http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7339/ligasagres9.png"]3rd[/url]    |    N/A   |           Qualified EC            |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5086438&postcount=3543"]2023/24[/url] |    LS    |    [url="http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/7430/ligasagres7.png"]1st[/url]    |    N/A   |        Won League & Qual CL       |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5111015&postcount=3605"]2024/25[/url] |    LS    |    [url="http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6289/ligasagres20.png"]1st[/url]    |    N/A   |      Won LS, SC, PC & 2nd CL      |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5312387&postcount=3829"]2025/26[/url] |    LS    |    [url="http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7830/ligasagres8.png"]1st[/url]    |    N/A   |           Won LS, SC, LC          |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5386357&postcount=3914"]2026/27[/url] |    LS    |    [url="http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/2308/ligasagres27.png"]1st[/url]    |    N/A   |         Won LS, SC, PC, LC        |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5414360&postcount=3930"]2027/28[/url] |    LS    |    [url="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1079/ligasagres23.png"]1st[/url]    |    N/A   |         Won LS, SC, PC, LC        |
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5453227&postcount=3987"]2028/29[/url] |    LS    |    [url="http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3503/ligasagres13.png"]1st[/url]    |    N/A   |      Won LS, SC, PC, LC & CL      |
[b]*******************************Challenge Complete*******************************[/b]
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5562944&postcount=4057"]2029/30[/url] |    LS    |    [url="http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9383/ligasagres19.png"]1st [/url]   |    N/A   | Won LS, SC, PC, LC, CL, ESC & CWC |
|  2030/31 |    LS    |    [url="http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/5941/ligasagres24.png"]1st[/url]    |    N/A   |   Won LS, SC, PC, CL, ESC & CWC   |

International Management

|--------|----------|---------|------------|----------------------|
|  Year  |  Nation  | Records | World Rank |     Achievements     |
|  2029  |  Brazil  |  3-0-0  |  12th ^ 3  |         None         |
|  2030  |  Brazil  |  5-2-1  |   5th ^ 7  | World Cup Runners Up |

Club Records & Competition History

All Records:

Highest Attendance: 27096 vs Benfica - 24.08.30

Highest Gate: 525,000 vs AEK - 06.11.30

Average Attendance: 25961

Most Games without Losing: 73* - 15.09.29-23.11.30

Top Goalscorer: Danilo 46

Most League Apps: Francisco Javier Sanchez 285

Competition History:

Club World Championships - Winners 2029, 2030

Champions League - Winners 2029, 2030, 2031, 2nd 2025

Euro Super Cup - Winners 2029, 2030

Liga Sagres - Winners 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2031, 3rd 2023

League Cup - Winners 2022, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2030

Portuguese Cup - Winners 2025, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2031

Super Cup - Winners 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2030

Liga Vitalis - Winners 2018, 3rd 2014, 2015, 2017

2nd Division South - Winners 2012

Reserves:

Group 3 - 3rd 2017

Group 2 - Winners 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2031, 2nd 2019

U19s:

Group 4 - Winners 2030, 2nd 2024, 2031, 3rd 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028

U19s Cup - Winners 2023, 2030, 2nd 2018

The Players

The Squad

Current Teams Stats - First & Second XI, The Rest

Key: First XI, Second XI, Youth, Not Needed.

Goalkeepers

30. Nicky Evers (GK) - He comfortably took over the starting role this season, and showed some skill in doing it. 25 clean sheets in 44 matches was an amazing look, but he had a bit of a slip up near the end against the Manchester & Madrids allowing some goals for a total of 30 allowed in the other 19 matches.

32. Julio Gill (GK) - The old hand is now looking for a new job after he has been replaced in the starting line-up, he is still one of the best goalkeepers in the world, but he just has no place in my young team that is attempting to take over the world. Evora will be looking for a new reserve Goalie.

Defense

36. Ferhat Yildiz (DR) - He has been with the club for ten seasons now and has been involved in every star turn of the club, he also led the Turks to the last Euro Championship in 2028. He is now one of the elder statesmen of the side and will be hoping to lead us to greater glory going forward. He also managed to get his first ever goal for Turkey in his 60th game.

63. Kamil Sima (DL) - This season the Czech really stepped up and challenged Yildiz for the role of our best fullback, with both of these boys on fire our team has many great seasons ahead of them. We need to just keep building a team around them. 9 assists & 7 man of the match awards set him up as one of the best defenders in the world.

50. Pedro Banos (DRC) - The clubs vice captain is our new stalwart at the back, he didn't have the most amazing season this year, but he was very solid when he was needed. Trying to find a strong partner for him has been difficult as the combination of Javier & Britton seem just a slight level below what we need.

6. Francisco Javier (DC) - He came into the club a fair few seasons back and was listed as the next big centre back to line up with Sanchez, it took him a lot longer for him to actually break into the starting line-up as Banos came, but this season Javier showed where his skills lie as he performed a stunning job at the back.

88. Engin Duruer (DR) - In any other team in European football he would be the starting right back, he is the second best in the world and the wonderkid is in control of his own destiny. He stays with Evora as the back-up to the best in Yildiz and he is guaranteed about 30 games a season for my club, I get him on whenever I can and he also makes the Turkish squad as a Right Winger.

2. Peter Cooper (DL) - Our number one back-up had a solid season at left back, but he is starting to creep towards thirty now and we need to find a top class replacement, I have been looking, but no one is better than Cooper.

4. Francisco Javier Sanchez (DC) - The Club Captain has dropped out of the first XI this season, but he continues to be a great contributor for Evora as he leads the club and shows some great skills to all the youngsters replacing him.

5. Barry Britton (DC) - The American is growing with the club, and he is just behind the other two in the battle to lead the line for Evora. He has put in some solid performances throughout the season, but he only manages to get appearances when the club has to play twice in a week.

17. Ziga Ruis (DC/DM) - The young Slovenian is a great prospect for the future and I will be working him hard to attempt to get the best out of him. A natural replacement for our starting line-up he managed 8 appearances in the current season for a rating over 7.

47. Jose Pacheco (DL) - The young left back is not anywhere near the level of Cooper or Sima, but both of them are now in their late 20s, we are in desperate need of a new left back as this guy cannot make the step-up and the other two are aging.

49. Sebastian Uriarte (DC) - The youngster is another bit of hope for the future, playing in a solid 6 games this season he is looking to improve on that and possibly displace our captain as Sanchez starts to age in the middle of the park.

51. Carlos Lasarte (DRC) - He is a young star who can solidly cover both Right Back & the Centre of our back line, he is going to be pushing for a place on the bench this season as I may sell some of my older stars just to try and cement our clubs finances.

00. Elicarlos (DC) - He spent the season on loan, and I have learnt he is really not good enough as such I am looking to sell him in the new season as soon as I possibly can.

80. Alejandro Etxeberria (DR) - Again we sent Etx on loan, but I really want to ship him off on a transfer.

37. Acassio (DR) - He was on loan again over the last season, but no one wants to take him permanently.

Midfield

13. Ignacio Benitez (MC) - The new signing came straight into the starting line-up and showed that my decision was the right one as he managed to just be everywhere to provide that final ball, 20 assists in one season was only 2 short of the Evora record set last season. The 20 year old has a huge future for the club.

19. Sedat Ozkan (MC) - He managed double figures in assists which is what I ask of all my midfielders, he also started to build what looked like a very solid combination with Benitez in the starting line. The 23 year old is now one of the senior players in our midfield and is busy shouting out orders and taking control of the park.

73. Vitor (MC) - The defensive midfielder has moved into the starting line-up as our anchorman and he contributed both goals and assists in fair numbers. The 21 year old was solid in the new combination I was building at Evora.

22. Dudu Cearense (MC) - The Brazilian has been solid in our 2nd XI this season, they still get a large number of games though as they alternate in weeks where I have multiple games. He is a very solid central midfielder, but he will need to show more if he wants to stay in the side with the huge number of good youngsters coming through.

21. Branko Babic (MC) - A poor start to the season saw Babic drop out of the starting line-up, he may have been featuring off the bench and playing in the 2nd string team, but he did manage to put in some good appearances. The Serbian will be looking to improve next year to fight his way back into the senior squad.

57. Aleksander Lukic (MLC) - Well he was dropped from the first team this year with the addition of Benitez, but he was still completely solid off the bench and he ran the reserves in the league. He did not manage to achieve any major goals this season, but he will stick around and fight for a starting role.

68. Thomas Van den Bossche (MC) - He is right on the cusp of breaking into our reserves bench as the best of our youngsters. Van den Bossche is a definite star of the future and if we can get him playing in the starting line-up I believe our team will be one of the unstoppable ones.

74. Philippe Simon (MC) - He is one of the youngsters who do not appear to be moving up the order, he will continue to get a small amount of game time, but he is definitely not going to be a mainstay at Evora, if offers start to come in I will sell him off.

27. Predrag Kolakovic (MRLC) - He looks like a strong Serbian midfielder, he managed to play in four great games near the end of the season and will be looking to try and move up the order in the new season. He just needs his chance to crack the starting line-up.

97. Jeremie Caron (MC) - He sits in the third lot of midfielders we have alongside Van den Bossche, Bonev & Graafland. One of these guys will be the next big thing for Evora and the others will gain splinters on the bench. Caron is strong enough to make a difference, but he still needs to improve to make our top team.

94. Oscar Afonso (MRL) - Well he may be young and expected to improve, but he disappoints me, another player where I am looking for a good price and I will sell him.

12. Stoyan Bonev (DM/MLC) - The 200th player to take the field for Evora made his debut on April 27th, he only played in the three remaining League games after we had won, but he performed pretty well in the middle during that time.

42. Dave Graafland (MLC) - The young Dutchman has come into the side and is about the 8th best midfielder, this of course means game time in the heavily rotation driven Evora side. He may not have managed a game in 2030/31, but watch for him in the new season.

24. Milos Bjelic (DM/MC) - The Serbian didn't manage to crack the top team at all this season, his two appearances came when the season was all but over. He will be looking for a new club in July as I try to get rid of some of the congestion through the midfield.

18. Derya Ozgur (MRC) - Only managing to make it into four appearances this season, the huge congestion of young midfielders is starting to take its toll on Ozgur and he doesn't seem to be quite up to it. Probably going to leave over the next season.

Strikers

9. Danilo (ST) - Last season he was left behind as Almiron went on a striking blitz, well this season Danilo wanted to show why he should still be our top striker, he managed to put 46 goals into the net in only 47 appearances throughout the season, he smashed the Champions League Goalscoring record as he put 18 Goals in the net.

25. Pablo Almiron (AM/FC) - It seems funny to say it about a 24 goal scorer, but this was a slight disappointment after his last season. Almiron is still one of the best strikers in the world, but he is sitting just back behind Danilo as he attempts to run the opposition ragged. This combination has a good few more years in them yet.

55. Emiliano Cappiello (AM/FC) - Cappiello was in the top team for most of this season, but he just didn't seem to have his scoring or providing boots on at all this year. Of course him having a barren season didn't really matter when alongside him Almiron & Danilo were just letting rip.

77. Javier (ST) - The old hand upfront continues to score goals when they are needed, the amazing work put in by the Spanish striker is really paying off for Evora. I would still take a good offer for him if it came in, but its something that no other team seem to want.

40. Mauricio Flores (ST) - The next Pablo Almiron (:p), this youngster has been an absolute gem of a youth signing. 10 goals in his first 23 matches for us is a great start, he will line-up on the reserves bench, but that will still lead to a great future for him, especially once Javier & Danilo start to age.

66. Fahrettin Senol (ST) - The youngster moved into the 2nd XI for this season, he really did under perform throughout the entire season and will most likely be replaced by one of the other youngsters in the new season as we try to find the right player to score some goals.

1. Josu Ros (MR/ST) - He managed to score 10 goals in his 22 appearances this season which is definitely a good return for the youngster. He is struggling to get game time now though as Leonardo, and others have slipped past him in the reckoning.

16. Leonardo (ST) - One of the new guys up front, Leonardo managed to perform well as a back-up, but he was a few rungs off making the top side yet, though the senior clear out has left him a better chance of getting there.

41. Henk van Delft (ST) - The Dutch youngster came in as further cover for my striking slots, he won't get much game time early on, but he is guaranteed a little bit of time on the park at least. If he can show some flair in front of goal he will take a starting spot. 2 goals in 9 games was a good start.

The Best of the Best

To Come

The 100+ Club

To Come

The 400s

Francisco Javier Sanchez 463*.

The 300s

Ernesto Vazquez 394, Wilson Mateus 352, Ferhat Yildiz 326*, Andre Santos 303.

The 200s

Johnny Myklebust 281, Emiliano Cappiello 237*, Borivoje Markovic 231, Pablo Roman 218, Gabriel Bazan 217, Oscar Carrera 211, Gabriele Federici 203, Pedro Banos 202*.

The 100s

Oier Torres 198, Matteo Jehl 194, Haris Zeric 183, Hector Cruz 182, Jose Manuel 179, Benjamin Addo 172, Carlos Perez Rojo 170, Danilo 163*, Pablo Almiron 153*,Diego Galiano 151, Paulo Cordeiro 150, Sebastian Visentin 147, Raphael Lopes 146, Abraham 146, Kamil Sima 142*, Pablo Cabezas 141, Sergio Torres 137, Peter Kalu 137, Steven Vogt 137, Alberto Gonzalez 136, Javier 135*,Guilherme Afonso 132, Theo Tsotetsi 117, Luiz Fabiano 116*, Jose Maria 113, Sedat Ozkan 111*, Carsten Littman 107, Julio Gill 106*, Peter Cooper 106*, Drazen Tomas 106, Francisco Javier 104* Adolfo Silveira Reis 104, Alejandro Etxeberria 104*, Ander Suarez Rodriguez 100.

The Awards

Liga Sagres

Player of the Year: Pablo Almiron 2nd

Young PotY: Dudu Cearense 2nd

Team of the Year: Nicky Evers, Ignacio Benitez

Best Goalkeeper: Nicky Evers 1st

Most Assists: Ignacio Benitez 1st (9)

Manager of the Year: Des Tiny 1st

Goal of the Month - Oct: Pablo Almiron 3rd.

Player of the Month - Aug: Ferhat Yildiz 1st, Oct: Pablo Almiron 2nd, Nov: Ignacio Benitez 1st, Dec: Fahrettin Senol 2nd, Jan: Sedat Ozkan 1st, Ignacio Benitez 3rd, Feb: Mauricio Flores 1st, Vitor 2nd, Kamil Sima 3rd, Mar: Ferhat Yildiz 3rd, Apr: Javier 1st,

Manager of the Month - Aug: 1st, Sep: 1st, Oct: 1st, Nov: 1st, Dec: 3rd, Jan: 1st, Feb: 2nd, Apr: 1st.

League Cup

Most Man of Match: Danilo 2nd (2)

Portuguese Cup

Golden Boot: Danilo 2nd (8)

Europe

Defender of the Year: Ferhat Yildiz

Champions League

Golden Boot: Danilo 1st (18)

Best Player: Danilo 1st, Ferhat Yildiz 2nd, Pablo Almiron 3rd.

Team of the Year: Ferhat Yildiz, Kamil Sima, Pedro Banos, Ignacio Benitez, Pablo Almiron, Danilo.

Club World Championships

Player of the Tournament: Pablo Almiron 1st, Sedat Ozkan 2nd, Ferhat Yildiz 3rd.

World

Footballer of the Year: Ferhat Yildiz 2nd

World Team of the Year: Subs - Ferhat Yildiz, Pablo Almiron, Danilo

Evora

Fans PotY: Danilo

Best XI: Nicky Evers, Ferhat Yildiz, Kamil Sima, Francisco Javier, Pedro Banos, Ignacio Benitez, Vitor, Sedat Ozkan, Danilo, Pablo Almiron, Javier.

Subs: Julio Gill, Engin Duruer, Josu Ros, Branko Babic, Emiliano Cappiello, Jose Pacheco, Fahrettin Senol.

All Time XI: Oscar Carrera, Ferhat Yildiz*, Kamil Sima*, Francisco Sanchez*, Diego Galiano, Matteo Jehl, Raphael Lopes, Borivoje Markovic, Danilo*, Pablo Almiron*, Guilherme Afonso.

Subs: Steven Vogt, Jose Manuel, Andre Santos, Ernesto Vazquez, Pablo Roman, Pedro Banos*, Emiliano Cappiello*.

Thoughts of the Future

Predicted Finish: 1st

Odds: 6-4 (Fav)

Expectations: Win

Transfer Budget: 18M

Wage Budget: 1M

The Signings: In July 2032 - Juan Alvarado (MC)

The Youth: Hugo Aruda (DRC), Felipe Reis (ML)

poor season there Des........ ;) absolutely dominating this game now and i'm liking your switch of focus onto youth players. got some real quality waiting to come in too who'll no doubt keep this domination going. good luck next season.

In Venezia, i had a crash last night on the game.... :( lost two hours work. hopefully when i go back on later it won't have been damaged and i can pick up again. didn't lose too much really so not too bad.

Still reading through your update rlipscombe, huge turnover of players following your 5th placed finish, hope they gel quickly! I'm just wrapping up my final game of the season and should finish 5th with a win at lowly Alicante. Could be 6th though. Either way, its been a great season and guarantees u us a 2nd year of Europa League football :cool:. Update to come.

Duccio - That young goalie looks great. I'd be tempted to throw him into the first team almost immediately. He's got a good chance of reaching 1000 appearances if he improves as he could do...

In Venezia, i had a crash last night on the game.... :( lost two hours work. hopefully when i go back on later it won't have been damaged and i can pick up again. didn't lose too much really so not too bad.

Yeah I had the same thing, luckily for me at Evora all I lost was my Pre-Season, and maybe my scouting of all the youth products around the world, from about July 13th or so each season I start scouting all the 16yr olds, also I may go slow for now into tomorrow given it is my Birthday and I would love the specail birthday message.

Do we think it's getting towards the time to start having a look at doing a 2010 awards ceremony a la LLR's fabulous effort last season?

Last season we didn't even start looking at it til October, FM11 is due out on Oct 31st so I think if we start looking at ideas for awards, maybe PM them through to me, we'll look at a nomination list in September, even if we discuss some of the ideas in here.

Yeah I had the same thing, luckily for me at Evora all I lost was my Pre-Season, and maybe my scouting of all the youth products around the world, from about July 13th or so each season I start scouting all the 16yr olds, also I may go slow for now into tomorrow given it is my Birthday and I would love the specail birthday message.

Do we think it's getting towards the time to start having a look at doing a 2010 awards ceremony a la LLR's fabulous effort last season?

Last season we didn't even start looking at it til October, FM11 is due out on Oct 31st so I think if we start looking at ideas for awards, maybe PM them through to me, we'll look at a nomination list in September, even if we discuss some of the ideas in here.

iacovone - it is a big turnover of players and much more than i'd have hoped for but players were unhappy and so i decided to get rid of them. To be honest a lot of the signings are youth players with one eye on the future. my squad didn't have much depth to be honest and i want some younger players in....

LLR - thankfully my file isn't corrupt so i can pick up a few weeks back. As for the awards, i reckon September is a good time for it.

2rdu6fa.jpg

VfB Lubeck - 2019/2020 - End of Season Review

Predicted Position: 5th

Actual Position: 1st!

Average Attendance: 23814

Season Ticket Holders: 5451

The League

Finally, the season i'd been waiting for. Building from the changes i made last season, the players continued to impress, and the attacking philosophy i adopted garnered 99 league goals. I only lost 1 game this season, a 1-0 defeat to Hoffenheim on the last day of the season. The league, however, was already decided by then.

Awards season was also good to the team:

German Players Defender of The Year - Araujo 2nd

German Players Midfielder of The Year - Eduardo 1st

German Players Striker of The Year - Stefano Okaka 2nd

German Manager of The Year - Garry Maltman 1st

German Players Manager of The Year - Garry Maltman 1st

The German Cup

A 3-2 defeat to Werder Bremen in the 2nd Round ended any hope of repeating the success of a few years ago

The Euro Cup

An excellent first season in the Champions Cup ended at the Quarter Final stage.

Finished 2nd in Group E thanks to the following results:

Liverpool 3 - 3 Lubeck

Lubeck 1 - 1 Brondby

Lubeck 3 - 2 Sporting CP

Sporting CP 1 - 1 Lubeck

Lubeck 3 - 3 Liverpool

Brondby 1 - 4 Lubeck

1st Knockout Rd - Leg 1 Leg 2 - won 4-3 on aggregate

Quarter Final - Leg 1 Leg 2 - Lost 3-2 on aggregate

Overall i am delighted with the results i achieved in the Champions Cup, again the team showing it can compete with some of the best in Europe.

Champions Cup Golden Boot - Stefano Okaka 2nd

Players

There was a bit of transfer activity throughout the season, most notably Jose Luis Prado and Matteo Giorgi leaving in the summer, to CSKA Moscow and Real Madrid respectively. Added to that, Nikolay Sorokin and Marco Castellani were both also sold in January. The latter being particularly disappointing, having played the 2nd-most matches for Lubeck of all my players. However, the funds raised from players sold (£37.5 million) was put to good use, enabling me to bring in replacements of equal or hopefully greater ability than those who left.

A few players are also now being recognised internationally, with Benjamin Weiner, Mesut Palaz and Sven Bellot all being called up for Germany. Weiner and Palaz were also both in the German squad for the 2020 European Championships.

The major players were:

GK

Emmanuel Nkomo - continues to improve, still conceding a lot of goals but also kept 6 clean sheets more than previous season

Def

Marco Castellani - sold to Man City for £9.5 million in January, but was first-choice first half of the season. Leaves Lubeck with a record of 261 apps and 1 goal.

Benjamin Weiner - another 20 apps, ever solid without being spectacular. hopefully his international selection will make him a better player

Oscar Galeano - signed for a small fortune to replace Castellani, featured the 2nd half of the season, looks to be a handy player.

Daniel Kuster - signed to replace Giorgi, formed a decent partnership with Araujo at the heart of the defence

Mesut Palaz - 43 apps this season, now one of the first names on the team sheet. Switched international allegiance from Turkey to Germany when he was called up for the German senior squad recently.

Dennis Aogo - again mainly used as cover, could be sold this coming transfer window

Araujo - 39 apps, chipped in with 6 goals, average 7.12. good season.

Dmitriy Verkhovstev - again a good source of cover and experience, mainly from the bench

Mid

Eduardo - yet again the most influential player in the team, first name in starting XI and again fans player of year. Major contribution, scoring 21 goals and laying on 19 assists from midfield

Timo Gebhart - very few chances this season, may be surplus to requirements before too long

Ghislain Monteil - making the DM role his own, always reliable and again an easy pick

Pablo Rosales - 8 goals from midfield, again solid sitting back while Eduardo pushes forward

Sven Fuchs - solid midfielder brought in to compete with monteil and rosales, chipped in with a couple of goals

Att

Andrea Galliani - 14 apps, 0 goals, disappointing. been heavily overshadowed by new boy Bellot

Sven Bellot - recommended by ass man, bought for £5 mil. 23 goals and 19 assists in 45 apps, great first season as part of three-pronged attack

Paolo Giovinco - 19 goals and 16 assists in 46 apps, another good contribution

Stefano Okaka - 34 goals, 22 assists, another great season, now the clubs all-time record league goalscorer with 106 goals in 155 games

Lukasz Piszczek - 8 goals from 35 apps, 32 of those from the bench. now has 97 league goals, im desperate for him to reach 100 before he leaves the club

Tomas Svoboda - never featured for first team last season, but honourable mention as he may make the jump to the senior squad this season, attracting a lot of attention from some big clubs, must be handy lol

Top Scorer: Stefano Okaka - 34 goals

Most Assists: Stefano Okaka - 22 assists

Highest Ave. Rating: Eduardo - 7.45

Fans Player of The Year: Eduardo

Appearances:

Lukas Piszczek - 274 - 115 goals

Marco Castellani - 261 - 1 goal

Timo Gebhart - 211 - 30 goals

Marco Mura - 205

Stefano Okaka - 205 - 140 goals

Eduardo - 202 - 59 goals

Benjamin Weiner - 190 - 13 goals

Holger Badstuber - 139 - 7 goals

Mesut Palaz - 125

Emmanuel Nkomo - 116

Mozart - 112 - 24 goals

Ferhat Dag - 111 - 22 goals

Ghislain Monteil - 110 - 12 goals

Jose Luis Prado - 107 - 3 goals

Season          Division        Position       Achievements
2010/2011       Third Division	1st		Promoted 
2011/2012	Second Division 9th		  
2012/2013       Second Division 2nd	 	Promoted
2013/2014	First Division  14th
2014/2015       First Division  9th
2015/2016       First Division  5th             German Cup Runner Up, Qualified for Euro Cup
2016/2017       First Division  8th
2017/2018       First Division  8th             German Cup Winner!
2018/2019       First Division  3rd             Qualified for Champions Cup
2019/2020       First Division  1st		Champions!

forgot to mention, having completed my move to the new Lubeck Stadium last September, the board have now announced an expansion of a further 6792 seats to the new stadium, which will take the capacity to 32263 when completed. finally getting a worthy stadium for a top German side

LLR - thankfully my file isn't corrupt so i can pick up a few weeks back. As for the awards, i reckon September is a good time for it.

well it seems as though my file is corrupt after all... :( Crashed 3 times now at the same point. Going to have to refer it to the data issues forum and hope they can fix it or it might be the end of Venezia.... :( :(

not looking too god but i've got to post it on the ftp site(??) and get Neil Brock to look at it. repeatedly crashing on same date :( Don't know what i'll do if it's screwed. Dabbled last couple of days in different countries in case it is lost so will have to see what happens.

hope yours is fine....

Right quick update for you of my star players and stuff, I'll be adding to it as I get time/ideas on how best to catch you all up. Is there anything you'd particularly like to see?

Players

Cedric Bilger - This lad, you may remember, burst through the academy as a 15-year-old, still only 21 he has turned into a quality player, adding to his pace and competing with Dorel Parvu (yes he's still playing and captain, 32, 39 winner's medals) for the central midfield berth.

Grzegorz Juszkiewicz - Now I admid, I may have paid over the odds here, but he is a great player, and should improve further to, hopefully, justify the £40m+ outlay!

Anselmo - More of a bargain, but also more of a player - snapped up from Brazil as an 18-year-old he's matured into one of the best strikers in the world - banging in 40+ last season.

Emmanuel Boateng - Surely a contender for biggest bargain, he was initially signed up as a 14-year-old from his native Ghana for £40k. After joining up with us aged 18 he's made great strides andbecome another great striker.

Alexey Dubinin - Another massive £40m signing, he's only just joined so I've not seen whether he'll justify it, but honestly, I can't see how he won't! He seems to have everything!

Javier Francisco Vela - Great little left-back - little being the operative word!

Wilson Mosquera - Another name you may recognise - he's been around for a while now, and aged 30 is still just as good as ever, he's been a hige part in my successes.

Dimitris Raptis - A hugely talented palyer, joined as a 17-year-old he almost became first choice in his first season. Since then, largely due to a great performance in the first Champs League win, stifling Barcelona's left, he's become my right back. He has everything, and soon should switch to the middle as Bosschaart and Ropponen (yup both still here) begin to age!

Best Eleven - so what does the BEst Eleven show? Well it demostrates how long I managed to keep the same group of players around, the number who'ce clocked up 400+ games is pretty impressive, showing how the team spirit built up. It also puts Kresic's achievements in context. It also says Traverso may be the greatest player I've not shown you, but he's left now, and has been forgotten!

Juan Baldomero's

Castillo C.F. 2025/26 End of Season Review

La Liga

the "establishment" edition

5th|Graph

Predicted Finish = 11th

Squad

Finances

Season Ticket Holders: 307 :rolleyes:

Estimated Value: £31m (Loan Debt £3.7m)

The Generalities...

Another season in which we finished above our expected finish of 11th. This 5th placed finish ensured a second consecutive season in the Europa League, a fine achievement, and one that should help us continue to establish our credentials in the top flight.

In Europe we had our first adventure, disappointingly losing heavily to Standard Liege in the first knockout round. Still, the experience will be essential for next season's campaign.

The Players...

Here's a quick selection of the notable players of the season for the Canary Islanders:

Dragos Vintila and Michael van Beek were the spine of our success this year. Both very talented and work brilliantly as a pair with Vintila's strong left foot allowing them to work well in tandem.

In midfield we have two real stars, Vincent Boumsong has been at the club for 2 years now and is still intent on leaving, I hope our finish will keep him at the club because he really is a talent. Alongside him and the real driving force of our attacks is the popular Scot Gordon Hart. Once again he was in phenomenal form, he really is such a player and the fans love him. The heartbeat of Castillo. He smashed the assists record of 16 with his 19 this year and is a shoe in for Fans Player of the Year.

By the end of the season I had a settled front 3. Robert Schober led the line down the middle well, despite my coaches' belief that he is useless!

Kwabena Osman was brought in on loan and did superbly from the left. His pace would regularly get him in on goal. I'll be looking to sign him permanently for next season.

Finally Ronald Thielen completes the attack. He joined in January and scored 4 in 7 to indicate his potential. I will look to move him to the left side next year with the hope that young prodigy Jorge will be able to come in and establish himself. He's a very exciting prospect, I just need to work out his best position.

Average Attendance: 7251 (last year 7719)

Fans Player of the Year: Gordon Hart

My Player of the Year: Gordon Hart

Other Stuff...

Club Info

The Plan...

Keep Vintila and Boumsong, sign Osman and generally keep this squad together as best I can. Will need to look for a new RB as Sanz is not quite up to it. Hopefully we'll maintain our league form and qualify for Europe again. I'm hoping for a deep cup run soon, I'd love to bring the club a maiden trophy!

Progress so far...

Season |     Division    | Position |    Achievements                                                  |
-------|-----------------|----------|------------------------------------------------------------------|
2010/11| 2nd Division B1 |   15th   |      N/A                                                         |
2011/12| 2nd Division B1 |   12th   |      N/A                                                         |
2012/13| 2nd Division B1 |   8th    |      N/A                                                         |
2013/14| 2nd Division B1 |   13th   |      N/A                                                         |
2014/15| 2nd Division B1 |   10th   |      N/A                                                         |
2015/16| 2nd Division B1 |   2nd    |  Lost in 2nd Round of Playoff Phase, Quarters of Federation Cup  |
2016/17| 2nd Division B1 |   3rd    |   Promoted via the Playoffs                                      |
2017/18|  Liga Adelante  |   18th   |    Survived                                                      |
2018/19|  Liga Adelante  |   13th   |      N/A                                                         |
2019/20|  Liga Adelante  |   5th    |      N/A                                                         |
2020/21|  Liga Adelante  |   2nd    |  Automatic promotion!!                                           |
2021/22|     La Liga     |   17th   |    Survived                                                      |
2022/23|     La Liga     |   13th   |      N/A							       |
2023/24|     La Liga     |   15th   |      N/A                                                         |
2024/25|     La Liga     |    8th   |  Qualified for Europa League                                     |
2025/26|     La Liga     |    5th   |  Qualified for Europa League                                     |

Jono Newton's Chemnitz FC

340.gif

Division III 2010/11

A New Beginning

Heading to new Pastures

Jono Newton has been picked as the newest manager of Chemnitz FC, the club are new to the Third Division for this season. Having to pick themselves back up since 1996 when they were in the Bundesliga 2. The clubs most famous player is Michael Ballack who played for them for two seasons in 1996/97, the now huge star of German Football is someone that all the current players aim to better.

Well I have decided to have a go in Germany and see if I can get some success here as well for the East, I have picked a club from the East who have quite a low rep compared to the other options in Germany. The Reputation of 3100 is huge compared to some of the other clubs in this challenge, but quite small in Germany.

Good luck Des, how come you've started afresh?

The rep will be interesting as although it's small in Germany, once you do rise through the leagues, I'd imagine it'll be a great asset for player acquisitions around Europe.

We've just had our ground expanded for the first ever time! A whopping 1372 seats are being added at a cost of £170k. Its a start I guess :p

I just can't get in to a game so i'm back to do this, probably try Italy or Holland... When setting up the DB, is it just top players from a continent or is players from top division ok? I don't want to start and find i've picked the wrong option.

Thanks

EDIT. Downloaded the Italian save from the 1st post to be on the safe side.

only just read your news rlips :(

have you tried holidaying past the dodgy date? that has worked for me in the past :thup:

it's a bummer iacovone... i've got the tech guys at SI looking at it to see if it's salvagable but no news so far. i have tried holidaying past it but to no avail. crashed on same date 4 times now. i'm currenly dipping my toes so to speak in case i have lost it. Started one in Scotland but also did a brief start with a German team too. Given Des is trying Germany i MIGHT have to take him on there!! ;)

congrats on your season too. 5th is great for a club like Castillo. good luck breaking into the CL places.

Archived