FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4-2-4?? interesting. i'm beginning to think i may have palteaued a bit with my 4-4-2 formation... might be time for a change even if it is mid-season... debating over a 4-1-2-2-1 and a 4-3-3 formation...

As for 4000, \o/ top work everyone. fantastic stuff. here's to the next 4000!!

It works against most teams but it can be really frustrating when you often see the line...Badajoz rue missed chances!!! The main difference between Badajoz and the Gundo saves of LLangefni and Warrenpoint were that I had goalscoring midfielders which I aint really got here.

Well I have managed to add both Super Cups to my collection of trophies as I aim for a complete set for Evora before I move on. I am actually trying to decide what I want to do. I am very tempted to drop down to a new promoted team in Portugal after a season in my new stadium, but that would mean leaving Evora. My other thought is to go around and buy a bunch of U19s spending every cent I can to get in a full young squad and just selling all my old timers, (Vazquez [30], Tomas [30], Roman [26] have left already for 33.75M total) and seeing what I can do with just a bunch of Under 25s maybe limiting myself to a bunch of young guns and see what I can do.

This plan would work with a lot of the current team staying, Yildiz (DR,25), Sima (DL,25), Banos (DC,23), Lukic (MLC,23), Ozkan (MC,21), Cappiello (ST,22), Almiron (ST,20), Danilo (ST,25) -

Then add the replacements Evers (20,GK), Britton (20,DM/DC), Senol (21,ST), Medina (21,DM), Elicarlos (DC,22), Javier (DC,21), Duruer (19,DR), Ozgur (20,MC), Bjelic (19,MC).

And the next generation: Van den Bosche (MC,16), Simon (MC,16), Ros (MR/ST,16), Amado (MLC,17), Afonso (MRL,16), Pacheco (DL,16).

Could make for a good challenge at Tiny Stadium.

My Trophies

World Club Champs (Empty)

European Super Cup x1

European Champions League x1

Europa League (Empty)

Portuguese Super Cup x6

Liga Sagres x6

Portuguese Cup x4

League Cup x5

Liga Vitalis x1

Second Division North x1

Game is dead...I got to the semis of the Europa.....against villa....lost 1-0, crashed dumped...now won't let me play the game again. :(

Same thing happened on Gundo's as well :mad:

And I have taken on my first International job with Brazil. This team just fire everybody if you lose a game so im will be looking to win as we have already qualified for the 2030 World Cup in Portugal.

Currently ranked 15th in the world, the team has not been above 10th in the last 3 years, so my first aim here would be to move up the order. Current Order as follows 1) England, 2) Argentina, 3) Holland, 4) Turkey, 5) Russia, 6) Germany, 7) Italy, 8) Romania, 9) Spain, 10) France, 11) Croatia, 12) Colombia, 13) Belgium, 14) Saudi Arabia.

so, my first foray into Europe is over, but i have to say im delighted with how competitive the team was against some big teams...here are the results...

Bordeaux 4 - 2 Lubeck

Lubeck 4 - 1 Debrecen

Lubeck 1 - 1 Dinamo Kiev

Dinamo Kiev 1 - 1 Lubeck

Lubeck 4 - 4 Bordeaux

Debrecen 1 - 2 Lubeck

These reults saw me finish 2nd in Group F, and qualify for the 1st Knockout Round, where unfortunately over 2 legs i came up against a sturdy Udinese defense, and over 180 minutes i was unable to find a goal, drawing the first leg 0-0 before losing the away leg 1-0.

a solid effort in my first european experience, hopefully there may be many more in the years to come

G-Wiz - excellent set of results in Europe. Looks like mine are shaping up pretty similar.

BWG - dreadful news :thdn:

Des - congrats on the Brazil job, hopefully you can oversee their rise to prominence once again

You may or may not have realised...but...

I FINALLY have the internet at my home now \o/

That means screenshots...lots and lots of screenshots :D

iacovone's Long Overdue Castillo Update!!!

Ok so first up a quick recap of the league tables from the last 3 seasons:

Season 2022/23

Season 2023/24

Season 2024/25

So steady progress has been made, culminating with our highest ever finish last year of 8th, and subsequently qualification for this year's Europa League.

Club Information

Facilities

Not much has changed here; low season ticket sales remain! There are two current playing members in the 'Favoured Personnel' list - Gordon Hart and Michael Van Beek but we'll come to them soon.

Current League Table

This has been a fantastic season thus far and we're truly staking a claim to being a regular top half club now. If we had a larger squad (this can be arranged with January fast approaching), I'd go out on a limb and suggest we could make the Champions League. Whatever does happen, I maintain that we are nowhere near big enough a club to be in the position we are. We're punching well above our weight but that's fine by me.

I thought I'd just show you the latest big player to leave. Dida was signed on a bosman and had a couple of excellent seasons before Betis piled in with a massive £9m offer. Obviously the chairman accepted and I didn't mind seeing him leave for pastures new.

Now to the current squad:

Gk

GK - Diego Sosa - probably my best signing thus far purely because of his value to the team. Is starting to get itchy feet though...

Defenders

CB - Michael Van Beek - absolute rock at the back and fan favourite. Was injured for the start of the season but is back to his best now.

CB/DM - Airam Cabezas - 8th year at the club and is a useful squad player.

CB - Dragos Vintila - summer signing and has been superb.

RB - Emilio Jose Sanz - had huge amounts of potential but has struggled to realise it. Still a solid player.

LB - Victor Ortega - one of my favourite players because he is a flawed genius. Immense on the ball and gets a lot of assists but sadly he has just 6 months left on his contract and won't sign a new one!

Midfielders

AMR - Jorge - the prodigious academy talent arrived in the summer and is probably already good enough to start on the right of my front 3. Consequently I have moved that position slightly deeper when he plays.

CM - Wesley Barth - been injured all year sadly, he is a good squad midfielder.

AM - Gordon Hart - fan favourite and has been imperious this year. Works the ball a little like Iniesta and has the ability to carve open defences. I love him.

AM - Sergey Andreev - club captain but has increasingly fallen away from the first team.

CM - Joel Berry - filled in at CM this year very well. I like pace in my midfielders and he has bundles.

AMC - Christos Kantimoiris - backup CM who has a tendency to score superb goals.

CM - Vincent Boumsong - my one world class player. Everyone wants to sign him and he now wants to leave sadly. I accepted the request so am now just waiting on someone offering £20m.

Strikers

ST - Bernabe - once touted as a top striker he has failed to progress how I'd like. Still plays a role in our squad but there is far to go.

ST - Juninho - fairly average striker who can do a job but more is needed really.

ST - Robert Schober - decided to give him a new contract 3 years ago as a backup striker but he has pushed through to become our lead man down the middle.

There we have it. You're now up to date with the ins and outs of Castillo! Onwards. Oh and...

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!

I must say I agree with you about Gordon Hart, absolutely love him. And Castillo is starting to look good, you have nearly made Europe and slowly pushing forward. Best of luck with the new season.

Evora are still on top of the league though not winning as much as before given I am selling stars who ask to leave. Moran is the next to leave. I have appointed a new captain of Brazil, none other than my own Luiz Fabiano. we had a good first up hit out against Venezuela to guarantee World Cup qualification, and now it is just all about friendlies to get a squad ready.

Hmm I am also running a 4-3-3, today was the World Cup group draw, Brazil were seeded first and drawn out in group B, our competitors will be Spain, Saudi Arabia & U.S.A. I am worried that I will be losing my job after the Spain game unless I can steal a win there. Well it will make for an interesting offseason thats for sure.

I am indeed still playing the 4-3-3. However the wide right striker is now in the AMR position to accomodate Jorge. So its a bit lopsided but seems to still be doing the trick. Just ground out a very good 0-0 at Valencia in the first leg of the Spanish cup last 16.

We qualified from our Europa group in 2nd place behind Man City. Fortunately we landed Besiktas in the next round - very winnable. Though they do possess a 17 year old wonder kid that I've had my eye on. Watch this space

2rdu6fa.jpg

VfB Lubeck - 2016/2017 - End of Season Review

Predicted Position: 8th

Actual Position: 8th

Average Attendance: 16994

Season Ticket Holders: 5009

An average league season by recent standards, yes its my 2nd highest finish in the Bundesliga, but after the high of last season i hoped for more. And so did the squad unfortunately. A few have voiced their displeasure at the teams performance this season, i think the speed of the rise from the Third Divison is coming back to bite me now, but as long as i can continue to establish the team as a safe First Division team i will be happy.

A few notable players moved on, none moreso than Nahuel Centurion, who started making noise about playing for a bigger club. Was subsequently sold to Villareal for £9.75 million. Almost doubled my money so not too bad, altho i did find him hard to replace. Another similar story was Toto Tamuz, who moaned about wanting to play at a bigger club, then agreed a move to Ingolstadt, in the division below us, for £2 million. He only cost me 700k so again a decent return.

The Europa League experience was great, and to be honest i never expected to get out of the group so to finish behind Bordeaux and get to the 1st Knockout Round it was a great acheivement in my opinion.

GK

Marco Mura - average of 7.02 over the season, with 12 league clean sheets, another improvement on the previous season. may be on his last legs however as im hoping to bring in a big GK for next season

Def

Marco Castellani - missed 5 months with a broken leg, but returned to provide another consistent 2nd half to the season

Ezequiel Munoz - average of 7.07 over 42 apps in total, decent season, still a bit erratic tbh

Benjamin Weiner - the youth product, bit-part player again this season, starting to look out his depth. may be moving on soon, so may not get the chance to add to his 125 apps for the club

Holger Badstuber - 6.99 over 45 apps, another solid season

Jose Luis Prado - first choice RB, but starting to be overshadowed by Palaz

Mesut Palaz - starting to push Prado for starting place, may be instilled as first choice RB for start of new season

Dennis Aogo - signed from Hamburg for 2.5 mil, utility man filled in mainly at LB during Castellanis injury problems, ended up only missing 1 league game all season, average 7.03 over 47 apps in all competitions

Mid

Ritchie Kitoko - another solid season, didnt quite score as often as previous season, however one of his goals was voted 2nd in German Goal of The Season competition

Ferhat Dag - now made 101 league apps for club, but being used less and less as the years go by

Eduardo - another productive season from one of my personal favourites. 12 assists and 5 goals from 41 apps, one of the main providers for the team

Claudio Flotta - big-money signing in January, still settling in but decent start

Timo Gebhart - another top season from wide man, laying on 10 assists and 8 goals from 38 apps, average of 7.13

Ghislain Monteil - brought in to cover after the sale of Centurion, used sporadically, should feature more next season

Att

Romelu Lukaku - still really to convinve me as to whether he is good enough, stat wise he should be, but he's not the prolific goalscorer i was hoping i had signed. finished with 15 goals from 36 apps

Stefano Okaka - top scorer again this season, altho not as prolific as the previous year, still finished with 20 goals in all competitions

Lukasz Piszczek - starting to show his age, but still made 39 apps, and scored 10 goals in all competitions

There are of course other players in the squad, but most of them were loaned out to my affiliates or floated about the bench, not featuring enough to warrant a mention or a screenie.

Top Scorer: Stefano Okaka - 20 goals

Most Assists: Eduardo - 12 assists

Highest Ave. Rating: Timo Gebhart - 7.13

Fans Player of The Year: Timo Gebhart

The plan for the season ahead is to try and again push for a european place, and ultimately try and build on the postion i finished in last season.

In terms of the playing staff, i have plans to overhaul many areas of the squad, starting with Marco Mura, but this all depends on what kind of budget i am given by the board.

In other exciting news, the board have announced the construction of Lubeck Stadium, at a cost of £48.5 million, which will be completed in approx. 2 years. A capacity of over 25000 and undersoil heating which will put the current Stadion Lohmule to shame! However, it does mean i now have loan repayments of 350k a month for the foreseeable future :( Hopefully the benefits will outweigh the short-term negative effect it could have on staff/players wages etc

We shall see :)

Season          Division        Position       Achievements
2010/2011       Third Division	1st		Promoted 
2011/2012	Second Division 9th		  
2012/2013       Second Division 2nd	 	Promoted
2013/2014	First Division  14th
2014/2015       First Division  9th
2015/2016       First Division  5th             German Cup Runner Up, Qualified for Euro Cup
2016/2017       First Division  8th             Euro Cup 1st Knockout Stage

FCM.gif

FC Messina, on the up!

Breaking news the FC Messina board have just announced unknow manager Guiseppe Fiorelli s the man to take the club forward after the financial collapse from Serie B 2 seasons ago.

Fiorelli is thought to be absolutely delighted to be hired, he also states that he wishes to take Messina to champions league glory, by playing beutiful football; and with a yound team.

Welcome aboard Razor Blade, hope you enjoy your time in Italy.

A little on my own season's story: I have won the Euro & Portugal Super Cups, and also the Club World Champs & Portuguese League Cup to this point of the season. The League with 7 games left sees us 12 points clear. Champions League sees Evora sitting in the Quarterfinals against Inter. And we are taking on Nacional in the Portuguese Cup Semifinals at the same time. So looking good to win all 7 trophies that I could possibly take out this season.

Then there is my Brazilian Job, well I may actually be in a little trouble as we just lost 1:0 to Romania in our latest friendly as I am attempting to prepare for the World Cup in June/July 2030. We also have the completion of our stadium: Tiny Stadium on June 29th to look forward too, I would love to get a World Cup match, but I think I will miss out this time around and have to wait til Portugal hosts again.

I have sold or loaned a lot of my elder statesmen as I attempt to build a very strong group of 20-25 year olds who I can use to win a few more titles and decide on what my next Challenge with Evora will be or if I will drop back to the bottom with a newly promoted side.

welcome razor blade - good luck with Messina

LLR - sounds like a mediocre season again... ;) look forward to the review

As for me, we have just completed the 2021/22 season. review should hopefully follow in the next day or so.

n253915745713_7210.jpg

Venezia - Serie A - Season 2021/22 Review

Media Prediction: 12th

Final Position: 10th

Following our 9th place finish last season i was hoping for further progression up the league this season. We started out well but had a mid-season slump which saw us fall down the table. We managed to recover somewhat in the closing stages to finish in tenth.

In the Coppa Italia we managed to break our record of crashing out at the 1st round stage where we beat .......... In the Quarter finals we played Ascoli in which a tense game saw us win on penalties after a 2-2 draw. This meant we had made it into the semi finals where we would play Roma over two legs. Incredibly we managed to win 1-0 away at the Stadio Olimpico and following a tense 1-1 scoreline at Collauto Park we managed to progress to play giants Juventus in the final!! Going into the final i was in two minds as to what formation to play - keep the 442 or change to a defensive 4141 setup. i decided i had nothing to lose so stuck with the 442. In a fairytale first half Danilo managed to score twice and we went in 2-0 up. Juventus pulled it back to 2-1 in the second half but some serious backs to the wall defending saw us hold on to win 2-1. VENEZIA ARE COPPA ITALIA CHAMPIONS!! This incredible result will see us play in the Europa league next season, something i can't wait for. I'm over the moon with the cup win and it more than made up for our average league season.

Squad 1 Squad 2

Transfers 1 Transfers 2

Time for a look at the squad players which played major roles this season:

Goalkeepers

Orellana - The Chilean wonderkid took the no.1 shirt this season and played really well. He is incredibly talented for his age - hopefully i can keep him at the club for many years to come. he was also named in the world team of the year.

Terranova - unlucky to lose his starting spot to Orellana, he performed well when Orellana was injured for three months over the winter. Hope to keep him next season.

Full Backs

Wuyts - My Belgian international had a steady first season at the club although i was slightly disappointed. Lost his place to Ortega at the end of the season. Looking for more next season.

Ortega - Performed well as cover for Wuyts, he eventually became first choice RB in the run-in.

Schafer - My record signing Belgian LB did pretty well overall, making the LB spot his own. Another i'll be looking to see develop further next season.

Lopez Gonzalez - The young SPaniard provided good cover for Schafer. One for the future still too.

Centre Backs

Hurtado - Ecudorain defender played pretty well until he became unsettled in the winter. have a decision to make on his stay at the club this summer. if he becomes happy again he's going nowhere.

Mahieu - French wonderkid defender played mainly as cover but did play a number of games. hopefully a season under his belt will do him the world of good next season.

Rossini - January signing brought in to strengthen the heart of the defence. did well when he played. Brings experience to the CB spots.

Moretto - Another January signing from Panathianikos, the versatile Italian played both CB and DM. Did well at the end of the season as CB, he will have a real shot at a starting spot next season.

Wingers

Cannone - Another good season frim the italian, injury affected his season and the good form of Blanco saw him end the season as a sub. still a major player for the club.

Blanco - Great attacking midfielder signed from barcelona pre-season, he was an almost ever-present in the team, mainly as CM but then as RM when Cannone was injured. a bargain for £1.5 million.

Talamonti - THe young Italian LM was the revelation of the season. Put in some great performances and scored a number of important goals. Mad ethe LM spot his own at the age of 17.

Handzic - No more than cover for the Bosnian winger this season, he will leave on a free transfer this summer.

Centre Midfielders

Jones - the Englishman played well in centre midfield again and kept Mazibuko out of the team. More to come from him yet

Mazibuko - The South African arrived over the summer and brought some defensive ability to the club. not overly effective as a CM though - needs some training to play there full time.

Dos Santos - Signed from Sampdoria mid-season he provided cover for the attacking CM spot and became first choice when Blanco played wide. Did well and improved the quality of our midfield.

Modric - veteran midfielder played a bit part role and will leave in the summer

Strikers

Cavada - The Swiss striker was top goalscorer for the club again weigning in with 21 goals. Started the season at more than a goal a game, his form tailed off a little in the run-in. He also racked up the accolades, winning Serie A 2nd best foreigner, 3rd best player and 1st in young player of the year. More of the same to come next season please!

Danilo - The Brazilian recovered some of the form he was missing last season to provide a good partner to Cavada. Won us the Coppa Italia with his two goals in the final. Hopefully his form will improve more next season.

Elber - A steady season for the Brazilian forward. Never been a prolific striker in his career, he provided a good foil for Cavada and Danilo. In demand by a host of clubs.

Szucs - young Romanian brought in to provide cover with one eye on the future. Did ok in the few games he played, i am expecting him to develop into a good little striker

Adria - Young Spaniard brought in mid-season with an eye on the future. Tipped to be a future star. Hopefully he is.

On the finances front we again made a little profit, mainly due to prize money from the league finish and cup win. This is good especially given the £88 million spent on transfers in the season.

Our facilities have been improved to good training facilities and excellent youth facilities. the training facilities are again being improved this summer. i also managed Venezia in my 500th game during the season.

Aims for the new season

• Improve on tenth place league finish
  • Enjoy the European campaign.
  • Reach the Europa League group stages

Onwards to the new season we go - our first European adventuRe...

FORZA LAGUNARI!!

Career History

[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]Season   League      Pos.  Serie C Cup  Cup       Europe         Achievements[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]_________________________________________________________________________________________________[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2010/11  Serie C2/A  2nd   group stage  N/A       N/A             Lost in play-off semis[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2011/12  Serie C2/A  3rd   group stage  N/A.       N/A            Promotion in playoffs[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2012/13  Serie C1/A  8th   N/A             2nd Qual. N/A            None[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2013/14  Serie C1/A  1st   Winners      3rd Qual. N/A            Serie C1/A Champions, Serie C Cup, Serie C Super Cup[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2014/15  Serie B     9th   N/A              3rd Qual. N/A            None[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2015/16  Serie B     9th     N/A             2nd Qual   N/A            None[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2016/17  Serie B     2nd     N/A             3rd Qaul.  N/A            Promotion[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2017/18  Serie A     20th    N/A             4th Qual   N/A           Relegated[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2018/19  Serie B     3rd     N/A             1st Round N/A           Promoted in play-offs[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2019/20  Serie A     13th    N/A             1st Round  N/A[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2020/21  Serie A      9th     N/A             1st Round  N/A[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2021/22  Serie A     10th    N/A            Winners     N/A         Coppa Italia winners[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]

Congratulations on the Coppa Italia there Rlips, a very good looking season. Hopefully you have some fun in Europe, best of luck making the Group Stage.

I am nearing the end of my season, Pablo Almiron is smashing the goals in with 40 so far this season, but he suffered a sprained ankle against AC Milan in the Champs League Semi Final and will most likely miss the remaining four games of our season, he has broken the club record for Goals, League Goals, Assists, Goals in a match, and he ended up one Man of the Match short as well. But the funniest moment and the one that makes him feel ripped off is the April Player of the Month, he scored 10 goals in 3 games for a rating of 9.60 and he came 2nd...

Look forward to it Des. rlips - good solid season there, congrats on the Coppa Italia - always nice to win some silverware. I'm just firing up my Castillo file. We're in March 2026, going well in the league (6th), out of the Copa del Rey, but heading to Turkey for the 2nd leg vs Besiktas in the Europa League 1st Knockout Round. We drew 1-1 at home. Disappointing.

Well well well

Down to 10 men after Dragos Vintila was sent off on 9 minutes. Amazingly it inspired on load Kwabena Osman to a delicious hattrick on a snowy pitch to claim the win 3-2 and 4-3 on aggregate. The debut European adventure continues...

I'm out!!! :mad:

Next round we drew Standard Liege - a seemingly average side and a good draw for us. Well after winning 1-0 at home, we went 3-0 down after 15 minutes in Belgium and never recovered :(

Oh well. At least with our league form we should do enough to secure a second season of European football. Fingers crossed...

Real life and all that has kind of got in the way recently but I have finally finished pre-season 2019...

Summer 2019

Here is a reminder of last season.

Was pretty quiet on the incoming front until the end of August - only the 3 previously signed Bosmans and some of the usual teenage £100 p/w sigings who may turn out to be good or if not will gain me money in any case. There was also the buying of the half of all the players I had sold the previous season - all 8 came back here although I would not have minded at least a couple going as now, because of the co-ownership bug, I can't sell them and they only have 1 year left on their contracts...

There was much more movement on the selling side of things. First of all I got rid of Schutz, the Belgian AML who had been a disaster. His definition of a bigger club turned out to be a team relegated from Serie B last season :rolleyes:. To be fair, it was not entirely his fault as when I offered him out, over 20 clubs from all over Europe bid for him but only Pescara offered what I wanted so theirs was the only offer I accepted. Next to leave was Tacchinardi whose goals had got us into Serie B in the first place, unfortunately he was now 5th choice so off he went, the fact he went to a better club than us is a bit disconcerting though. My first choice GK for the last 5 years, Remy, had been moaning about bigger clubs and was unsettled and as Ailton, my young Brazilian, had been fanastic on loan in Serie C1, I decided to sell and risk Ailton as 1st choice as although he is not yet as good as Remy he has the potential to be better and will only get there via actually playing. Notts County were the lucky recipients.

A few youths along with 2 of the longest serving players in De Rose and Sguera (both first choice defenders in Serie C1) left before the final note-worthy departure of the Summer. Asier Sarriegi had been by far our best MC for each of his 4 seasons and vice-captain. However, he only had one year left on his contract and was demanding 4 times his current wage. He is good but I was not going to offer him anything near that and I have a couple of promising youngsters in his position. I would have preferred him going abroad but he ended up at Parma.

That did mean that I was now looking for another MC. My first choice, an Albanian international, went to Sweden but my 2nd choice, a Romanian U21 international, joined for £400k. I then asked him if he could recommend any players and he came up with a fellow U21 player, a DRC, from Cluj. My scouts liked him, I needed another defender so I bought him. The first Romanian now loves me, they should help each other settle and both look highly promising players.

Here are the players:

José Maria - I did not really need him but his versatility and low wage demands meant it was a no-brainer, his best position is DMC whilst I don't really play (although now 5 of my players have it as their preferred position) but he looks a good MC and can probably fill in in defence if needed, not too sure how much he will start but I imagine he will be on the bench for most matches

George Ezeocha - it was me and not a scout that stumbled across him and it is a fluke that I ever did, last Autumn an out-of-contract player on my shortlist was offered loads of contracts, one was from Mogren, I had no idea where they were from so I clicked on them to find out, Montenegro it turned out, I then spied an English player in their ranks which piqued my curiosity, I checked him out and he looked fantastic, my scouts agreed, I then forgot about him until the end of December when I discovered he was out of contract in the Summer so quickly signed him up, he was born in Yorkshire but seemingly grew up in Nigeria, he is an English U21 International (4 goals on his debut! :eek:) and looks a great player, he is massive, unsurprisingly great in the air, is very good in other areas and is now my best ST, a bit unfair on Diego as it might be his place he takes unless I can somehow get away with playing them both

Miguel Atienza - his signing made my decision to get rid of Schultz a lot easier, just as good as him although his dribbling could improve a bit, will be 1st choice at ML, only issue is that he only signed a 1 year contract so I hope that whenever he wants to sign a new one he won't ask for ridiculous wages, in any case I have Angelo Fiorentini waiting in the wings (turned down £900k for him, hope no-one offers silly money) for when he leaves

Andrea Spalazzi - the best of the teenage signings, the only one who had never played for another club, and for a 16yo he looks very promising, in fact I think he is a lot better than I realised when I signed him(!), will be in the U20s but if there was an injury crisis I don't think I would have any qualms about playing him, has a lot of potential

Tudor Corneanu - bought with the money for Sarriegi's sale although he won't play in the same position, another with DMC as his preferred position but unlikely he will play there, will be the more defensive MC in the formation, very promising and might even be 1st choice, we shall see

Sorin Rotărescu - the player that Corneanu recommended, another promising player, fantastic in the air which our current DCs are not, although he could improve his marking but age is on his side, will start as 3rd choice and his ability to play DR is also an asset

So there you go...

Perhaps a bit risky to make so little changes to a side which only just avoided relegation. Perhaps very risky to make little changes to a back 4 which had the worst record in the history of Serie B, especially with a GK who is not yet as good as the previous one. I am hoping that one year's experience in Italy and the ability to speak Italian will have a positive effect.

On the plus side, Ivan, my DL who was in a continual homesick grump last season and played very badly now likes Italy. On the minus side, he now thinks one season and average rating of 6.59 is enough for him at one club and now wants to move to further his career. Unfortunately I have no DLs on my shortlist as good as he currently is so he is staying and I hope he will calm down a bit.

We definitely should not find ourselves in the same mess as last season. Where we do end up I am not certain.

I think its 1-2million pounds at the start of the season and thats all...

Was wondering if this changed for a club outside the big 3. With Leiria I had ~1.7m when I finished 5th and 4th and 2.4m when I finished 3rd.

With Porto always finished 1st and received 3.4m... (€)

Guess not.. :D

Either way it's badly represented. IIRC the 3 big receive 8-9 mil IRL. :c

well we have made it to the Europa League Gropu stage after a 4-2 aggregate win over Rapid Bucharest (2-1 away and 2-1 home) our group??

Zenit st. Petersburg

Shakhtar Donetsk

VENEZIA

Levadia Tallinn

:( gonna be tough...

Zenit st. Petersburg

Shakhtar Donetsk

VENEZIA

Levadia Tallinn

Rlipscombe that looks tough group good luck though.

I'm progressing rather nicely and after spending a day or two designing my squad and creating a massive shortlist for the near future I'm now just about ready for the last two pre season freindlies before the start of the season. I just hope my brand new team can gel quickly so we don't get of to a poor start as my season expectations are to win promotion.

Pre season update to come

Cmon North Korea!!!

Rlipscombe that looks tough group good luck though.

I'm progressing rather nicely and after spending a day or two designing my squad and creating a massive shortlist for the near future I'm now just about ready for the last two pre season freindlies before the start of the season. I just hope my brand new team can gel quickly so we don't get of to a poor start as my season expectations are to win promotion.

Pre season update to come

Cmon North Korea!!!

it is tough - could have been a lot better. Zenit have some great players (who i'd like to buy) and Shakhtar are tough too. first game is vs Levadia though so hoping for a good start...

good luck for the new season

Archived