FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I am the new manager of England, they approached me and I thought What the Heck, lets see what we can do.

England won the World Cup in 2026, were runners up in 2010 & third in 2018 & 2022. They also won the European Champs in 2012. They are currently ranked 4th in the world and my aim is going to be qualifying for and then winning the 2034 World Cup, only reason I will leave them is if a job comes up managing the Dutch.

SV_Waldhof_Mannheim.png

SVW Mannheim - German Third Division - Season 2011/12

Season Review

League Finish: 1st

Well my 'decent' season that i had been teasing actually ended up being a brilliant season tht ended with us being crowned champions. we were never out of the top 3 in the table, and i was always in the hunt for the title. We had a bit of a wobble in March that threatened to throw us off track but we settled again and pulled away at the top with 4 games to go. Apologies for not giving more of a clue as to my progress but i didn't want the forum curse to srtrike!! :D

As the league table shows our success was built on our defensive solidity. While we had been good at the back last season, we were imperious at times this time out and the tight defence gave us the opportunity to win more games. We didn't score as many as i'd have liked and this concerns me a little heading to Bundesliga 2 but i'll enjoy this for now. Obviously the mighty Chris Waddle was named Manager of the Year!

Squad 1 Squad 2

Transfers

Time to look at the key players in the championship winning side:

Goalkeepers

Batista - THe Portugese was an ever present n the team and goes from strength to strength. Capable of the step up i believe

Heimann - Didn’t get a game due to the form of Batista but is a decent understudy. Still happy for now.

Full Backs

Van den Bergh - The German RB started where he left off last season until he got injured. Then Basala-Mazana took his place and kept it until he got injured late in the season. May not make the step up, especially as we don't need our young german quota any more

Basala-Mazana - Made the starting berth his own in the second half of the season and never really looked back until injury put him on the sidelines. Wil stay with the squad next season.

Vulin - the Croatian didn't have it all his own way this season despite playing well when called upon. Van Heulen came in due to injury and excelled to be honest.

Van Heulen - The Dutch LB/LM came in and did really well. delighted with his form and will remain at the club

Centre Backs

Bura - the Portugese stopper was on form again and confirmed himself as one of the first names on the teamsheet. Scored a few penalites again which just adds to his value to the team. Named in the 3rd division team of the year.

Erb - The young German performed well in his first season and was the first choice partner for Bura. Time will tell if he can handle the step up.

Hajrovic - the young defender got some game time and did pretty wel when called upon. Still has potential so will probably remain as a squad player

Joao Pedro - The Portugese defender found himself frozen out after a couple of poor early season performances. Still a good player, he'll be one to go in the summer though.

Defensive Midfielders

Nuno Coelho - The Portugese midfielder was pushed all the way this season and lost his place as a first team regular. He and Bianco are really close though so we shall see what his future holds this summer

Bianco - The free transfer signing did well in his first season and more of the same will be expected next time round

Centre Midfielders

Ekiz - The German had another fine season with only a little wobble in his form at the end of the season. Hopefully he can handle the step up to Bundesliga 2. Ekiz was named Third division player of the year and was named in the team of the year.

Emmanuel-Thomas - The Englishman has a solid first season in Germany and was Ekizs' main midfield partner. Better suited as a DM, he may eventually find himself heading backwards in the team. time will tell.

Haas - The young German loanee did pretty well on loan when called upon. Scored a few vital goals on our march to the title. May look to bring him back next season if possible.

Paco Sanchez - The Belgian didn't get that much game time due to the form of Ekiz and is a little unhappy. this may result in him being moved on this summer.

Wingers

Diogo Rosado - Great season from the left winger, who finished as top scorer. Unfortunately he wouldn’t renew his contract and he has left on a free for Bari. Will be badly missed.

Fabio Paim - Good season again from the right winger. weighed in with a good haul of goals, although his form was patchy at times.

Sulimani - The Austrian was understudy on both flanks and did pretty well when called upon. Will stay on next season.

Strikers

Anane - had a frustrating season. played well at times, without scoring the goals, but then had barren speels at times. went over 21 hours without a goal over the winter. At 32, I think he’s past his best and he’ll probably fade away from here.

Sikorski - The Austrian who had been released by Bayern flattered to deceive and although he’s a decent player, I have cashed in on him.

King - Got a few games this season, and scored a few goals, but I don’t think he’s going to reach his potential now. May be time to cash in if I can get a good offer.

On the finances front, we made major losses again and finished £1 million in the red. Thankfully we have made Bundesliga 2 and the £3 million TV money and prize funds rising from £3 million for last place shouls straighten us out. I have also agreed to sell N’Goma who’d disappointed for £900k to HJK so this will also help.

Targets for next season

Ø SURVIVE. can be the only target really, if only for the financial reasons.

So I look to the new season from here. I’m itching to get going again but I need t get through my Monkeys season first. Best get cracking!

Career History

[/color]
[font=Verdana][color=darkslateblue]Season   League      Pos.  Cup       Europe         Achievements[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=darkslateblue]_________________________________________________________________________________________________[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=darkslateblue]2010/11  3rd Division  3rd   N/A       N/A             Lost in play-off final[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=darkslateblue]2011/12  3rd Division  1st                 N/A            Champions[/color][/font]
[color=darkslateblue] [/color]
[color=darkslateblue]

I'm thinking about giving this challege a try but not sure where to start. It's between Germany, Italy and Scotland.

Do any of you know the restrictions in these leagues? Like how many foreigners, non-EUs, total wage budget, max squad members aso.

Italy has a limit on the number of Non-EU players you can transfer in at some point, not sure which league, while Germany has in Division III a rule that your Match Day squad must have at least 4 U23 Germans which can mean using half your bench on players that are just not of the same level.

Wage Budgets fluctuate between teams, though Germany with only three divisions now seem to have a bit more to spend than elsewhere.

LLR is right about Gernan Division 3. not allowed any non-eu there either. HOWEVER, when you make Division 1 & 2 i think there are no restrictions at all.... Scotland is obviously the same as England and in italy i think you can have 1 non-EU signing in Serie B each year and 2 per year in Serie A. no restriction if they come from within Italy though. don't think you can have any in C1 and C2...

hope that helps!

So here we go:

The club: Venezia

Notable former players: Alvaro Recoba, Christian Vieri, Massimo Taibi and MArco Delvecchio

The Media Prediction is 5th!!! Board expect a top half finish so this should be a tough first season, especially as my assistant recons I have to strengthen heavily.

Finances seem ok with 519k in the bank and a 52k/8.34k budget.

After a quick look at the squad a new GK seems to be the first thing I need.

good luck with Venezia. i had a great save going with them until my game crashed with us in Serie A and having just made it into Europe with an Italian Cup win... looking forward to you bettering that!! ;)

I'll try ;) The club will probably be bankrupt before the end of the season if I don't stop spending though. 12 players have come in for a total of 30k (18k + 12k clauses) and 3 have left on frees so far. 1.84k of the wage budget left.

The reputation must be pretty good as I've just signed Liverpool player Vitor Flora.

Venezia do have a decent rep. i can't remember how my finances went in the ealy years (just checked my screenshots and i lost £370k first season) so might have to be canny on transfer sales etc maybe...

good luck with them.

Well I am up to halfway through my Evora season, looking really good for the title in the league, but I am in trouble in some of the other competitions. Also while I am playing and the game is loading, I am working on creating a set of kits for all the teams in each of our league systems, I am starting out with Scotland and have started to put together a set with correct sponsors and designs, hope it is appreciated once they are done. Mainly planning them for the 2011 thread, so I am using the 10/11 kits.

Well I am up to halfway through my Evora season, looking really good for the title in the league, but I am in trouble in some of the other competitions. Also while I am playing and the game is loading, I am working on creating a set of kits for all the teams in each of our league systems, I am starting out with Scotland and have started to put together a set with correct sponsors and designs, hope it is appreciated once they are done. Mainly planning them for the 2011 thread, so I am using the 10/11 kits.

with regards to the kits, you will become even more of a legend!! :D i always get my kits through sortitoutsi.com but can be tricky to get someone to do the lower leagues. I have had fantasy ones of my Mannheim save (based on original colours) and am currently waiting to see if someone will do them for me again. Some of them (such as scotland for example) are on there already so that might save you some time....

Yeah I managed t6o grab most of them, and some were just sponsor updates, but a few of the third division teams in Scotland have changed their kits for the new season so I have updated them as well. Where I am able to grab them from elsewhere I am leaving it, for example I have close to a full set of Italian kits almost already made for the new season, so I will just patch the gaps in that one, and then work on making the rest.

Well Evora have moved out to a lead in the league, with 12 games to go we have an 8pt gap to Beira-Mar, 10 to Porto, 11 to Sporting, 12 to Benfica & Varzim. So its looking good through the league, a few of my younger guys are starting to perform as well, so I may sell off Danilo, Sima & Lukic over the off-season if not others as well. The squad have made the Semis of the League Cup & Portuguese Cup, we are into the Knockout stages of Europe against AC Milan as well.

Leading our team on goals Currently we have Danilo with 25 from 26(2), Babic 17 in 30 & Benitez 10 in 31. That holding midfield combo are working brilliantly together as they have grabbed 10 Man of the Match awards between them. The assist leaders are Lukic with 9, followed by Benitez, Flores & Almiron on 8.

I am pretty happy with the way this season has gone, and am looking forward to the run home.

logo.png

SC Preußen Münster – 2016/2017 – 1st Division

The 1st Division

An incredibly close race in the 1st division - only 4 points separates the champions and the 6th placed team. Werder Bremen were the winners, but Münster managed 2nd position.

League table – Position 2nd

The German Cup

3rd round exit for Münster.

The European Champions Cup

A strong show by Münter saw them advancing to the Semi-Finals, but Liverpool were better, if only just.

Champions Cup Fixtures

More screenshots

Player Transfers

Squad at the end of the season

Werner Neumann – Werner came back from his Stuttgart loan and continued his good form. Münster's top goal scorer.

Sergio Fernández – Sergio is improving, but looking at his attributes i'm still expecting more

José Carlos Callejón – Reasonable debut by the young left back, though he was somewhat expesive and I really hope he can improve considerably in the future

Patrick Berger – The 1st season in the senior team by the young striker. He has not progressed, attributes wise, quite as well as I have hoped for, but he is only 18.

Julius Werner – Promising young striker. Looks like an excellent prospect.

Goran Milenkovic – The new midfielder got his 1st cap for Germany.

Milan Vujic – The 17 year old right back also got his first cap for Germany

Jerzy Wojcik – Another young Münster player who made his debut in the German national team

New stadium – The board announced plans for new stadium. Preußen Münster will move from Preußen-Stadion to Münster Stadium within about a year. Münster did not need a loan to finance the 30332 all-seater stadium.

I have fancied giving this challenge a go for a while, but been busy doing Gundo's challenge in the League of Ireland. I have grown a bit frustrated in Ireland trying to get anywhere in Europe, and having my players want to leave for England.

So after a bit of thinking, I have decided to start in Germany, with fairly recently founded team KSV Hessen Kassel (founded 1998).

I have started my season in Germany, but noticed I'm not in the German Cup? Did anyone else experience this when doing the challenge in Germany?

Anyhow here is My profile

877202.png

KSV Hessen Kassel - German Third Division - Season 2010/11

End of Season Review

Well my first season in Germany has come to an end, however I will start at the beginning...

There was quite a big squad at Hessen Kassel when I arrived at the club, however, after bringing in an Ass Man for a second opinion, it quickly became obvious much of this side was nothing more than deadwood.

No fewer than 14 players were released from the club, and I then set about bringing in some better replacements.

14 players then were also brought in, complimenting a few decent players who were already there.

And after a promising preseason, we started on fire, a 5-0 away win at Wuppertal was followed with a 2-0 home victory over Regensburg and we could be forgiven for thinking that this could be a comfortable season. However, 3 losses in a row soon brought us back to Earth with a bump - however, we did not play too badly in the games we lost, and we soon managed to get back to winning ways.

By 10 games into the season we were in the dizzy heights of 3rd, and bar a bit of fluctuation, we managed to hold this position by the time of the winter break.

Following the winter break we held onto our position in the top 3 places for the rest of the season, and with 5 games to go we reached the top of the table, and started looking like we may even win the league! However, we seemed to bottle it being top of the table, and we only won 1 of our last 5 games - which was a 1-0 win over Burghausen to send them down! The 2 draws and defeat surrounding the win meant we were promoted with one game to go, but we lost our last game 2-1 away at Unterhaching, leaving us to finish 2nd by 3 points.

Final Table

Positions Graph

All in all however, an absolutely fantastic season! We smashed the goals in for fun, outscoring the champions Erfurt by 15 goals. We did leak goals at the other end too, the result of my attacking 4-1-2-3 tactic I developed during my save in Gundo's challenge in the Republic of Ireland.

In terms of players, my best players were probably my 3 strikers!

Adriano

Thorsten Bauer

Jailson

Both Bauer and Jailson were already at the club when I joined, and Adriano was brought in on a free transfer. Jailson's season was unfortunately cut short by the injury you can see on the SS - a broken leg!

Other notable mentions:

Stefan Schwellenback - 27 year old German CB. He chipped in with 7 goals, and was the rock at the back.

Vratislav Gresko - 33 year old Slovakia LWB who put in 2 MoTM performances, as well as 2 goals and 3 assists in the season. Reliable defensively and also provided good width going forward.

Marciano Bruma - 27 year old Morrocan RWB - also put in 2 MoTM performances, and layed on 2 assists, in a good season.

I also sold 2 of my summer signings in January, both wing backs, and with their fees of £150k and £80k respectively, we netted a £230k profit on sales!

Unfortuantely this hasn't made much of a dent into our finances which are £1m in the red, however, looking at the money for finishing last in Bundesliga 2, we should be able to sort our finances out soon enough.

Overall

A very good achievement to be promoted in our first season, especially given the quality of players at our disposal and worse the poorness of our replacements compared to the first team.

I will need to bring in several players over the summer I feel - especially at GK, CB, DM and CM.

Additional quality in other positions would also not go amiss, another quality striker would be really useful for us to continue with 3 up front next season.

Next season's aims

Survive in Bundesliga 2 will be the only real aim - and hope to build from there! However, I am bracing myself for a tough time!

SEASON SUMMARY

Third Division : 2nd Place - PROMOTED (73 points)

Top Scorer : Thorsten Bauer - 19 goals

Overall Career:

[font=Verdana]Season       League           Pos.           Cup           Europe            [/font][font=Verdana]Achievements

[/font] 

great first season there - beat me to promotion i see!! ;) I struggled for money in the third division but it's much better in the second division. hopefully you can stay up and kick on - need to get a wriggle on with my save!!

great first season there - beat me to promotion i see!! ;) I struggled for money in the third division but it's much better in the second division. hopefully you can stay up and kick on - need to get a wriggle on with my save!!

haha cheers! Yeah i was surprised with the promotion to be honest, I dont think the squad is particularly strong - I really do need to strengthen a bit I feel.

That can be the bad thing about a quick promotion, you may just have got a bit lucky, and then you end up struggling completely in the division above, but fingers crossed I can strengthen! ;)

Congrats Supermas, an awesome first season there, great to see promotion.

I have just finished my 2031/32 season with Evora and had my first friendly as the manager of England, so I will be doing a huge update of that tonight I hope before I go to bed, I have a lot still to add to that update including a brand new section now that my Youth are such a huge project, I think I have about 30 players under the age of 20 that I want to update on the progress of as well. You can all just wait and see what happened in the league, but as England Manager (Remembering no international management til complete) I played against Argentina and took a delightful 2:0 victory with 8 players making their Debuts, I have pretty much thrown out the old squad and gone with who I think are the best considering their failure to qualify for the Euros.

supermas - this is true. i've done that in the past where i've gone up too soon and been out of my depth and struggled. I was pretty happy with my squad when i went up and with signings that i have made i have a decent squad for that league.

LLR - looking forward to this update - much hyped this is!! ;)

well done Supermas, great first season, going straight up can be scary, but i think youll find with just one or two choice signings you'll be fine next season...good luck in Second Division...

my Turkish save is ticking over quite nicely, although it seems like this first season is taking forever for me to get through, think ive spent a lot of time just scoping out the leagues, teams etc and because its my first ever attempt in Turkey, its taking a bit longer to try and familiarise myself with the setup there...update coming soon i hope lol

great season there duccio - that was a close season!! good luck with the stadium move too...

Hey thanks rlipscombe. I'm quite excited about the new stadium, only takes 1 year to complete too, though I as hoping for it to be called something a bit less mundane than Münster Stadium.

Also good luck to XaW and great first season by Supermas2!

logo.png

SC Preußen Münster – 2017/2018 – 1st Division

The 1st Division

If you can improve season after season, it means you will eventually be at the top of the heap. Münster are the new German 1st Division champions!

League table – Position 1st

The German Cup

Another Münster success story. My team fought its way to the final against Hoffenheim, who were not match for Münster - the game was basically over in 24 minutes.

Münster 3 - Hoffenheim 0 – Winners

German Cup fixtures

The European Champions Cup

Münters were good enough to qualify from their group, but in the 1st Knockout Rnd Lyon were better.

Champions Cup fixtures

More screenshots

Player transfers

Squad at the end of the season

Werner Neumann – The best goal scorer of the season. I can't remember when I've last had a player who scored on average more than 1 goal per league game. Neumann did it. In my mind he is a legend already.

Sergio Fernández – Rarely have I seen a player with better attaking attributes, but when comparison is to Neumann, he needs to improve his actions on the pitch.

Stefan Genschur – A very dependable keeper who can make extraodinary saves, but sometimes, though rarely, can hazardously wander away from his position.

Roman Neustädter – Kinda strange how this DC can play so well at this level. Perhaps its because he is so good at jumping.

Oliver Paul – I'm allways in search for good younsters, and in the beginning of each season go through the youth teams of all top clubs. I try to immediately sign the youngsters that look exceptional. AM FC Paul certainly looks like a marvellous talent.

Well, a bit of background on me first.

I played this challenge before, I just didn't happen to come here and update as much. I dont know if any will remember my first posted seasons here in Algeciras FC in Spain. Well, I played there for 20 years, and took them to the 1st division, but the lack of stadium expansion (the stadium was the city's) made progress come to a stop. Since I stopped updating here around season 5 or 6, I figured I'd jump ships and went on to Villarreal to win La Liga, two Champions League, and then play at a couple more Spanish teams before finishing the save around 2044. This save went on for the past 6-7 months, including my months of finals when I was graduating. Good times :D

Well, I come back since it looks we have a couple of months until FM11 is out, and since I have not seen anybody get this done in France this year (correct me if I'm wrong), here I am.

The team is Colmar, and the coach is this one.. Couple of things:

1. I could not manage in the CFA 94th division) even in the second season, so I took a team just promoted from it to the Nacional division (3rd). Let me know if this is OK.

2. Sunday league football rep was greyed out for some reason, so I had to take automatic as my reputation, which means my rep is regional atm. I hope this is OK too, didnt know what else to do.

Anyway, see you guys areound here and cheers.

Twellman - welcome back. i can just about remember your save in Spain earlier in the year. was a shame to see your updates end if i remember but i'm glad you enjoyed the game and it sounds like you had a good time out in Spain. Looking forward to seeing your progress in France - you did the right thing taking a team promoted to the National. As for rep, that's fine too.

good luck!

bit of a poor season that LLR... ;) sometruly incredible players there and i can only envy your ability to keep players and develop them. i am tempted to adopt this style a little bit with my Mannheim save a bit down the line - we shall see. looking forward to seeing the rest of the review.

looking forward to seeing the new kids come through too.

Oh Rlips, I was gutted to see what happened in all the competitions, we were always right there as we went to the wire, but just seemed to fall at the final hurdle.

At. Madrid seem to like my ex-strikers, they took Javier & already have Johnny Myklebust. The youngsters that I keep generally start at my club at 18 because I buy them from South America or Eastern Europe where they cannot come until they turn 18, and as soon as they join I extend their contracts to 5 years and then any time they are happy at the end of a season and contract is less than 3 years left I extend back to 5 years, If they want to leave I put them on transfer list and the exact date they come off the transfer list I will extend again to 5 years (Never let them request the list, push them before then).

Looking forward to getting up the rest of the update and trucking on, being one of the best clubs in the world really helps with keeping these star players, with Yildiz other than the little hiccup a few seasons ago we have not looked back.

I think I'll come back this thread for a while if that's ok. :)

Been searching for a game to keep me busy until FM2011. I've played lots of 1 seasons saves lately, and I even started dafuge last night and played 10 games or so, but I just can't get myself to play through so many divisions. I want 1-2 or 3 steps at most up to the top division. I was gonna continue my Scotland save, as I remember I was well on my way there. But sadly it seems I've deleted it in one of my clear-ups. Which is really weird cause I really can't remember deleting that one :(

So, I'm probably starting in Holland, but I have a question:

* Should I holiday for 1 or 2 seasons?

I did a search for "Holland" in this thread and some posts say you get new teams after 1 season. Others say they holidayed for 2 seasons, but got the same teams that relegated the first season. Which again seems to indicated that there is relegation/promotion after the first season? Bit confusing, hehe.

Anyways, I'm gonna holiday for 1 season now, and maybe start this later tonight, as I'll be busy most of the evening. Just wanted to try and get an answer to that question before I get this going.

Cheers.

*edit*

Actually 1 more question. I can't get the Holland.ddt to download properly from the link provided in the OP? It gets saved as a "0 byte file" every time. Tried 3 different browsers to.

Archived