FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

Renato Curi Angolana - Serie B - 2021/22

A very promising 7th at New Year

Pretty much nothing happened during the Winter transfer window. I signed up a Dutch MC playing in Hungary for next season and with Coulibaly's continual attempts to annoy me I needed another ML so I got a very young one on very little wages in on loan from Serie A. And that was it.

Our first game at home to Pescara got off to a great start as we were 4-0 up within 23 minutes, and that was how it stayed. 2 solid away wins later and we were up to 3rd. That became 2nd as Triestina were beaten 3-1, their goal coming from the 1st piece of Aílton comedy goalkeeping for a long while, he is excused though as he had already made several good saves earlier on in the match. Another 3-1 win followed by 2 3-0s and we were top and in stunning form, so far this year we had won 7 straight, scored 19 and only conceded 2.

Obviously that run was bound to end in embarrassment somewhere along the line and it did in the next match as 16th placed Empoli visited and everything went wrong - injuries, yellow cards, inaccuracy, a missed penalty and them winning 1-0. Oh dear. Frosinone were easily dismissed before 3rd placed Arezzo for the biggest match of 2022 so far. A hat-trick from the magnificent Puccinelli put paid to them - 3 point lead. With only 3 days until our next match it was not a 1st choice team that lined up at Padova but it proved to be a chance for Saadaoui to strut his stuff grabbing a double. We followed that up with a good draw at promotion chasing Siena.

That left us with 9 games left with 6 of those at home, which is ordinarily quite good but our last 2 defeats have been at home and we are unbeaten away from home since November. Anyway, we picked up 7 points from the next 3 games which were all at home although chucking away a 2-0 lead against Sampdoria was not ideal - 5 points clear. We got a win on TV at Virtus Lanciano before being very lucky to grab a home draw against an average Ravenna side and an away win against a very average AlbinoLeffe side. 6 points clear of 3rd and said 3rd place team (Parma) next up at home, we were brilliant winning 4-1. I thought that mean we were up but unfortunately the 4th place side were also 6 points behind and won so that meant we needed 1 point from our last 2 games to clinch promotion. Unfortunately we were awful against Perugia but thankfully Chievo also lost so we were up.

A nervy win in our final game clinched the title. And given our form in 2022 (P23 W16 D5 L2 F49 A17) it is fully deserved. Once we hit top spot we never left it. We were the top scorers and actually broke the scoring record but I did not actually think we were actually that profilic, it was more that we very rarely did not score (only 4 games). Defensively we were good but conceding nearly a goal a game in a title winning campaign does not bode that well for Serie A. Despite the odd embarrassment at home we had the best record whilst I was really impressed by our away performances (1 defeat in the last 6 months). The stars were the 2 loanees from Udinese plus Loos who was stunning again and Diego as per usual.

Final Squad

Final Summary

Finances - actually making a monthly profit from time to time, that will clearly change when the Serie A wage bill hits the fan

Transfers - Georgiev and Guerrero were both part of our 1st choice defence, pleasantly surprised by the latter as he was very mature for an 18yo, Jimenez does not appear to the answer to the MR problem whilst Bach and Skhosana had very solid first seasons, Vecera actually expected to be 1st choice and moaned when he was not, given that he has gone to the World Cup with the Czech Republic he may have a point, the 2 Udinese loanees were STUNNING, the other 3 did not play much, Charlier being the unlucky one as but for his injury I would not have got Puccinelli and he would probably have then had a similar season to him

The stars were:

Best GK - Aílton - very good, an improvement on last season and he is getting better and better, several ridiculously good saves and very few, even mild, errors, is probably never going to be a superstar but I think (hope) he is good enough for, at least, our entry into Serie A, will not be looking for a replacement, whether that is wise or not remains to be seen, part of the Serie B Team of the Year

Best Defender - Mehmet Saral - brilliant, on loan from Udinese and he started as a backup but I soon realised he was better than Rivas (and Rivas is very good) so he slotted in and kept his place until the end of the season, he very rarely performed badly and was in most matches our best defender, simply no chance I can afford his wages so unless I can get him on loan again he won't be back

Best Defender (that we own) - Jacobo - very solid, rarely spectacular, but equally rarely awful, improving every year and is a good Serie B player, not entirely sure how he will step but I suspect I will soon find out, not desperately searching for another defender but I suspect that at least one might come in

Best Left Winger - Angelo Fiorentini - he really is very good, and still only 18yo, was out until December but given Coulibaly's "issues" the moment he came back he was 1st choice and never lost his place, some great performances down the wing and chipped in with a few goals as well, again he is not improving at all which is a concern and looking at his attributes you would doubt that he would currently be good enough for Serie B let alone Serie A but he definitely is, is surely not ready for 1st team Serie A football so will be looking to buy another ML, will still play quite a bit next season though assuming no offers that our chairman likes the look of come in

Best Right Winger - Aleksander Zmuda - was a backup to Jimenez to begin with but when the Spaniard starting putting in a few average performances and becoming homesick Zmuda stepped up and never looked back, was very good and an equal threat to Fiorentini, only complaint (could be for Fiorentini as well) is the lack of assists but apart from that very good, is getting better all the time but I am not too sure how he will cope in Serie A, might have another attempt to get that brilliant MR that is currently hiding from me

Best Midfielder - Radek Loos - somehow even better than last season, quite simply brilliant, more goals, more assists, best MC in the division, the only small issue is that he is still a bit unhappy about me turning down a co-ownership offer from Serie A last Summer which is a bit silly but I hope he will get over that sooner or later, the problem is that there will surely be loads of new offers coming in during the Summer from probably all over Europe so turning them down and keeping him happy might be difficult, has just won his first Czech cap and is at the World Cup as well which won't exactly lower his profile, was Serie B Player of the Year and also in the Team of the Year

2nd Best Midfielder - Marco Palermo - 4th season here and is playing better and better, was initially bought as a DC which was stupidity on my part (look at his jumping ffs!) but thankfully I soon realised that he was a very useful MC, has become first choice, was very solid this season and even started to work out where the goal was as well, have no qualms about him in Serie A, as 1st choice or not remains to be seen

Best Striker - Roberto Puccinelli - up there with Loos as the best player on the team, like fellow Udinese-loanee Saral he started on the bench but I soon came to the conclusion that he was very very good and that was proved to be correct, 2 hat-tricks, several remarkable performances and goals, loads out of absolutely nothing, Udinese have a very good player on their hands, one I would love to get back next season, he clearly won't join us permanently but another season on loan would be great

Best Striker (that we own) - Diego - 4th full season here and 4th time he has been brilliant, cracking partnership with Puccinelli and did well when other STs played as well, consistently scored goals and is a great team player, is the captain, curious to see how he does in Serie A, unless there are several arrivals he should, at least, start as first choice

It is a good squad but unfortunately 2 of the best players are on loan and the step up to Serie A will be huge. I have the Dutch MC along with a very promising 17yo Spanish ST coming in but several other signings will have to be made. In reality there are only 2 positions where I have to get someone in (ML and one more ST) but strengthening all over the pitch will be necessary. And this is before the chairman accepts any offers for Loos, Fiorentini, Diego etc. I really hope he controls himself. If I can get at least Puccinelli back I will be very happy.

The board have another 5,000 enlargement of the stadium so that is £6m less to spend that I would have had. To be fair, 11,000 capacity was never going to be enough for Serie A.

Clearly relegation avoidance is the only objective.

10/11 - Serie C2/B - 7th

11/12 - Serie C2/B - 13th

12/13 - Serie C2/B - 2nd (promoted via playoffs)

13/14 - Serie C1/B - 8th

14/15 - Serie C1/B - 10th

15/16 - Serie C1/B - 5th (lost in playoff semi-finals)

16/17 - Serie C1/B - 2nd (promoted via playoffs)

17/18 - Serie B - 13th

18/19 - Serie B - 18th (survived via playouts)

19/20 - Serie B - 3rd (lost in playoff semi-finals)

20/21 - Serie B - 9th

21/22 - Serie B - 1st (Champions!)

Team I Would Like To Play Every Week - Mantova (2nd last) - H3-0, A3-0

Team I Would Not Like To Play Every Week - Sampdoria (6rd) - A0-2, H2-2

Best 11

Overall Best 11

The 100 League Appearances Club

Apps Gls Asts MoM  AvR
Aiman Napoli            210  98   54  29   7.12
ST (2012-)
Fabian Remy             203   -    -   4   6.87
GK (2013-2019)
Francesco Antonelli     159  13    7   4   6.93
DC (2013-2018)
Diego                   154  81   27  14   7.13
ST (2018-)
Jacobo                  150   3    0   2   6.90
DC (2018-)
Marcos Agudo            132   8    7   9   7.08
DRC/DM/MRC (2014-2018)
Francesco Della Rocca   130   7   21   4   6.92
MC (2011-2017)
Asier Sarriegi          129   9   30   9   7.06
MC (2015-2019)
Francesco Tacchinardi   126  64   18  14   6.99
ST (2014-2019)
Jean-Martial Kipré      122   1   17   4   6.98
D/WBR (2012-2017)
Ivan                    119   0    2   0   6.73
DLC/WBL (2018-2021)
Francesco Stella        118  17   18   6   7.11
MR (2013-2017)
Andrea De Rose          117   0    4   4   6.86
DLC (2012-2019)
Jorge Loeschbor         116   3   13   2   6.93
D/WB/ML (2015-2021)
Aílton                  115   -    -   7   6.94
GK (2016-)
Ivo Jazbec              111   3    5   0   6.90
DRC/DM/MRC (2018-)
Guiliano Sguera         111   3    2   1   6.89
DC (2013-2019)
Marco Palermo           109   4   16   1   6.94
D/DM/MC (2018-)
Wim Kuipers             101   3   13   1   6.85
MC (2015-2018)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2011-2012 Season Review-Casa Pia-2nd division central

For reasons unknown by me we got moved into the central division from the south one. After getting a few signings in I was confident for this year.

League-League Positions Graph

We battled hard but our away form was pathetic. It took us like 8 games to get our first away win and as soon as that happened we sorted our form out and went on long winning streaks. We soon rose up the table and despite a small blip in form going into the last game we were 1 point from top. I was determined to go for it. We did and squandered many chances but got a 1-0 win. The team that were in first got a 0-0 draw so we finished top and into the promotion playoff thing we went.

Playoff

Despite a loss at home in the first game we then won our next two and that was enough we were promoted. We then lost away at the team that beat us in the first game again. But I don't care cause we are promoted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Portuguese Cup

Easy games saw us to the 3rd round before we went out to Academica at home but it was a decent gate so not so bad.

Transfers

Manager Overview

Target for next season is to stay up

Good luck at the top ghostwriter. I wouldn't worry to much about finances. At least every league I've played in in this challenge the money is always a lot better at the top compared to the level below the top. I imagine Italy have some pretty hefty TV-money in the Serie A. :)

Cheers rlipscombe, yes I am very relieved. Sorry to see you're going down. At least try to catch a few bosman-players while you're up there now? They probably don't have the brains to figure out that you'll be a division lower next year. :cool:

Congrats Liverbird93! Great season, and without a lot of signings as well. :thup: Good luck at the next level.

Anadia F.C. Preseason 2020/21

As mentioned Wang signed a new 5 year deal and is now happy to stay. No one else of importance left either, so it was a fairly quiet transfer window. At least nothing to exciting happened. Just 3 new additions to the first team squad:

Sinan Can (DC) - Was a done deal before the summer, but he wasn't 18 yet then. Another tall defender who'll be backup if injuries don't strike this year.

Mario Santos (FC) - Portuguese talent from Sporting CP. He played in 12 games in the Liga Sagres already for them last year. He can become a "leading liga sagres" striker. And he's Portuguese!

Francisco J.F. Iglesias (DC) - Another tall Spanish defender, cause we need the backup.

Speaking of needing backups. Oriol, Enrique Ramos and Barrera actually played in the Olympics and missed our first 3 matches. Ramos managed to break his ankle and is out for up to 2 months. So I'm glad I decided to get that extra defender in.

The other new signings are just for the U19 and reserve-team:

Rui Cavaleiro (GK) | Tibor Hajnal (DMC) | Jugoslav Koljenovic (DC) | Dragan Miskovic (SC) | Tihomir Penchev (SC) | Alexandre Braun (AMLC/FC) | Robert Agic (DC)

I highly doubt any of them will be top-class, but some look promising enough to be of use in the future. My last batch of "hot prospect" signings didn't turn out to well, so I don't expect much this time either. So far we've not gotten a single decent player through our own youth system, so I have to keep trying this way.

The squad is much the same. They're just a year older, which is actually important with such a young squad. Just 2 players are above the age of 23, so I'm hoping that if we keep the core together we can eventually become champions of Europe. This year we'll play Chelsea, Sevilla and Levski in the group stages. Not the easiest of groups.

Ohanzee - i have already signed up a few decent players on bosmans for next year - well aware of that trick!! :D as for our current season, the double promotion has caught up with us. we're not ready for Bundesliga football yet and i think we'll be better for one season (hopefully) back in the second division. the money for this season will be good if nothing else. i get about £10 million as a 'reward' for finishing last!!

Anadia Futebol Clube 2020/21

1st in Liga Sagres (pred: 1st) | Graph | Transfers | Finances

Liga Sagres (fixtures)

Amazing performance by us, but we had to work hard for it. Porto finished at 72 points, which would have made them winners in 10 of the 11 last seasons. Just show how good our performance really was. We beat Porto twice as well. So had they beaten us instead they'd be to. We didn't win the league until game #28 (of 30), when Porto finally lost to a team other than us. They then won one and lost one to make it a 10 point margin in the end. I'm actually a bit worried that Benfica and Porto are getting so many points. We can't expect to go unbeaten every season.

Portuguese Cup (fixtures) - Champions!

League Cup (fixtures) - Champions!

Champions Cup (fixtures)

After our amazing group stage performance, were we beat everyone and deservedly so, I was really disappointed to see us draw Real Madrid. We had two close games against them, getting a very respectable draw at Santiago Bernabeu. But it all went down the drain when Morones got sent off after 25' minutes in our home game. Real went on to the final were they lost 1-0 to Arsenal. Second time in a row we're going out to an eventual finalist in the 1st KO round. :(

The Squad (ratings)

If you look at the ratings you'll see that it's hard to pick out any big stars again. Everyone is performing well. I'm especially pleased that so many players are scoring goals. 8 players were above 10 goals this season. I'm equally pleased with our defense. All our options for the central defender positions are great in the air. I think that's the main reason. Of course having a world class Egyptian as the last line of defense don't hurt either (he's not actually classified as world class, it's just my opinion of him).

I'm also pleased that I can rotate the entire squad and still do well. It means our youngest talents can get the games they need to grow. Mario Santos was especially pleasing as he scored 14 goals in 10 starts. He tore his hamstring and was out for 3 months during the season. If not for that he'd probably play more already.

We have a very young squad still, and if we can keep most of them together I think we can win the Champions Cup eventually. Most players have been here for at least 2 seasons as well now. Some as many as 6. Almost everyone are wanted by other clubs, and there's usually 2-3 reports each day during transfer windows of other managers praising our players. They hardly every bid though.

Status Quo

• Finances haven't changed much. Without Champions Cup money we'd be in trouble, but it looks like we can depend on that money atm.
  • Average Attendance went up almost 4k again, which means my hope of reaching 20k next season might be possible.
  • We're the richest club in Portugal, but I assume that's counting player value.
  • We went up two places in the European club coefficients, putting us in 14th place now.

[b][u][color="Blue"]CLUB HISTORY[/color][/u][/b]

[b]SEASON	LEAGUE	POS.	SCUP	PCUP		LCUP		EUROPE		NOTES[/b]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]10/11[/b]	PSDC	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s1tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	-	2nd Round	-		-		Promoted in playoff
[b]11/12[/b]	LV	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s2tab.jpg"]3rd[/url]	-	6th Round	3rd Round	-		-
[b]12/13[/b]	LV	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s3tab.jpg"]2nd[/url]	-	2nd Round	2nd Round	-		Promoted
[b]13/14[/b]	LS	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s4tab.jpg"]6th[/url]	-	3rd Round	3rd Round	-		-
[b]14/15[/b]	LS	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s5tab.jpg"]6th[/url]	-	6th Round	2nd Round	-		Europe here we come
[b]15/16[/b]	LS	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s6tab.jpg"]3rd[/url]	-	3rd Round	3rd Round	EC Qtr Final	-
[b]16/17[/b]	LS	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s7tab.jpg"]2nd[/url]	-	5th Round	Semi Final	EC 1st KO Rnd	Moving to new stadium
[b]17/18[/b]	LS	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s8tab.jpg"]4th[/url]	-	Winner		Winner		ECC Qtr Final	Domestic trophies
[b]18/19[/b]	LS	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s9tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	Won	Final lost	3rd Round	EC 2nd KO Rnd	Champions of Portugal
[b]19/20[/b]	LS	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s10tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	Won	Winner		3rd Round	ECC 1st KO Rnd	-
[b]20/21[/b]	LS	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s11tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	Won	Winner		Winner		ECC 1st KO Rnd	Domestic treble
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PSDC - Portuguese Second Division Central | LV - Liga Vitalis | LS - Liga Sagres
SCUP - Super Cup | PCUP - Portuguese Cup | LCUP - League Cup
EC - EURO Cup | ECC - European Champions Cup

[b][u][color="Blue"]TROPHY CABINET[/color][/u][/b]

[b]Liga Sagres[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s9tab.jpg"]18/19[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s10tab.jpg"]19/20[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s11tab.jpg"]20/21[/url]
[b]Portuguese Second Division - Central[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s1tab.jpg"]10/11[/url]

[b]Portuguese Cup[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s8pcfix.jpg"]17/18[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s10pcfix.jpg"]19/20[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s11pcfix.jpg"]20/21[/url]
[b]Portuguese League Cup[/b] [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s8lcfix.jpg"]17/18[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s11lcfix.jpg"]20/21[/url]

Anadia F.C. Preseason 2021/22

Not a very exciting transfer window, as expected. Man City bought our backup goalkeeper the last 3 seasons, Gary Downing, for £5M though. Simon Jennings was brought in on a free transfer to replace him. He incidently was released by Man City this summer. Nice business I think since we have a very clear first choice keeper already.

Amand Cherif was a deal done in January, but he wasn't 18 yet then. Promising rightback, but he'll be in the reserves for now.

I continued my effort in bringing in Portuguese talents as we snapped up another youngster from Sporting CP, Samuel Rufai. I really wish we had their youth facilities, as they seem to produce at least one 3*+ potential youngster each year. Pedro Ferreira is also a Portuguese talent. He's a right winger, which does not really fit in my formation, but I can easily fan out to make it use wingers. And Ferreira is to promising, I couldn't let him fall into the wrong hands. I also brought in Alexander Thomas (AML) on a free transfer.

I won't be playing with wingers most of the season, but at least I have the option now. Will probably play Ferreira in cup matches with Thomas on the other wing. And if it works well I might consider re-training or bringing in more wingers. There's lots of talented wingers out there that I've ignored so far.

Sporting CP spent £18.5M improving their squad this summer, while Benfica spent £19.25M. So I expect this to be even harder than last year.

A good seasong there Ohanzee, cannot wait to see when you make it to the top in Europe. The continuous winning in Portugal is always a building block, and as for financially even my team is unable to survive without the Champions League money, at the moment I am getting crowds of about 34000 or so and still losing money until the Champions League money comes in. :)

Good luck in the new seasons.

SV_Waldhof_Mannheim.png

SVW Mannheim - Bundesliga - Season 2013/14

Season Review

Media Prediction: 18th

League Finish: 17th

'thud' The sound of Mannheim coming back down to earth. We were completely out of our depth and we find ourselves back in Bundesliga II after one season in the top flight. We started off far too frail in defence without being able to score for toffee and although we improved in defence, our lack of goals hindered our chances of ever avoiding the drop. On paper our strikers weren't bad but they just couldn't score. the same could be said for the rest of the team.

Transfers

Squad 1 Squad 2

Goalkeepers

Simon Pouplin - One of the success stories of the season, the Frenchman had a great debut season. Hopefully i'll be able to keep him for our promotion push.

Ricardo Batista - Played the dutiful understudy and seems happy enough still. Would love to be able to keep him next season

Full Backs

Aaron Adams - Good debut season from the South African. courting interest from several european clubs, i hope to be able to keep him next season.

Miso Brecko - Played understudy for most of the season and is unsettled. i have agreed a deal for him to leave us this summer.

Lovre Vulin - Steady if unspectacular season for the Croatian. Fought off Leovac for the starting shirt.

Marin Leovac - On paper he is the best LB at the club but despite this he was never as good as Vulin. i am tempted to sell him this summer if i can get decent money for him.

Centre Backs

Bura - Probably our best defender along with Boswell, his ratings were affected by the number of goals we conceded in some games. still improving as a player too, hopefully he will stay.

Bobby Boswell - Our American defender had a decent debut season although his form was erratic. Yet to decide whether he will have another season or not.

Murilo Gomes - Brazilian signed on a free transfer and who arrived in December. Decent player but couldn't perform in a struggling team. may settle better in Bundesliga II

Wescley - a bit of an impulse buy over the winter as i tried to improve the defence. Flattered to deceive, he disappointed in his first few games and was frozen out after that.

Jonas Troest - Danish loanee got some game time in the early parts of the season but gradually slipped from the squad. won't be brought back.

Central Midfielders

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - more first team games as our 1st choice DM, he missed out when i trialled the 442 formation. Developing nicely as a player.

Eric Tie-Bi - Covered for Thomas and played pretty well when called upon. still developing.

Ertan Ekiz - Had increased competition this season but still just about came out on top as our best midfielder. A club legend surely already.

Tim Borowski - The veteran German played well and his experience of the top flight no doubt helped us a few times. his stamina is going although form is still there. am undecided as to whether to keep him next season or not.

Andrea Mutombo - A season spent mainly as a sub for the Belgian. Not overly happy, i may decide to let him go this summer.

Baek Ji-Hoon - The South Korean did well on loan and battled with Ekiz for a starting berth. following our relegation i doubt he'll be back.

Juan Roman Riquelme - The veteran Argentine played sporadically and did well when called upon. Won't be staying for a second season though.

Carlos Miranda - Limited gametime for the young Portugese midfielder. May be loaned out for some match practice.

Wingers

Nikolic - The Montenegran winger did pretty well and was probably our best AMR. saying that i would say this was one of our weak spots. His place is in the balance.

Dalmat - the on-loan winger did pretty well during the game she played and pushed Nikolic hard for the starting spot.

Fabio Paim - Didn't get much game time this season and is surplus to requirements now.

Andrea Ziganda - Along with Pouplin, possibly our best player. Put in some great performances out wide, earning him plenty of admiring glances. may be hard to keep, although says he is happy to stay for now.

Mutafov - Flattered to deceive in some respects, he struggled to outshine Ziganda. Still young though, i think he may go better next season.

Strikers

Fikru - Probably our best striker although not saying much. Will stay on for next season.

Christian Benteke - Really disappointed with the young Belgian as expected more. In two minds as to whether to keep him or not.

Vladimir Krastev - The young Bulgarian was slightly out of his depth in terms of scoring but he did do ok when called on. still very young though i want to keep him despite other clubs sniffing around.

Victor Anichebe - Few appearances for the ex-Everton man. he is off to Turkey this summer.

Despite our poor showing, being in the Bundesliga did wonders for our finances due in no small part to the £12 million we received for finishing 17th. this has put us in a really strong position financially. i was worried about our wage issue but the board have given me £5 million in transfer money and £165k p/w in wages which is more than our current budget, so i am happy.

>>> TARGETS FOR THE NEW SEASON <<<

> PROMOTION. i have told the board i will get us promoted and we have to aim for this. our squad currently is strong for this level and i have money to play with. We may lose a couple of stars but i will be scouring for decent replacements.

So we are back in Bundesliga II. if i can improve the squad a little there is no reason we can't get promoted again and this time we should be much stronger both financially and in the squad for it.

Fingers crossed!

Career History

[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]Season   League      Pos.  Cup       Europe         Achievements[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]_________________________________________________________________________________________________[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2010/11  3rd Division  3rd   N/A       N/A             Lost in play-off final[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2011/12  3rd Division  1st                 N/A            Champions[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2012/13  2nd Division  2nd               N/A             Promoted[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2013/14  1st Division  17th               N/A            Relegated[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana] [/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]

Cheers LLR and rlipscombe. :)

rlipscombe that's a season to forget I guess, just remember the £12M and leave the rest for the history books. I think you might have a blast of a season now though, straight back up with good morale all around. :thup:

x4q5wm.jpg

Marmaris Bld. - 2010/2011 - End of Season Review

Predicted Position: 17th

Actual Position: 1st!

Average Attendance: 826

Season Ticket Holders: 72

Transfers - as you can see a lot of players were brought in, the squad was pretty bare to begin with, and i managed to bring in some players who improved the overall team on free transfers, as well as a couple of loan signings, 1 in particular who would be influential in the success of this season.

Initially the aim for the season was to try and maintain a decent position within the Second Division, however i soon realised that the team i had assembled on a shoestring budget was actually fairly solid, didnt concede too many goals and before i knew it we were sitting pretty at the top of the table! We pretty much were top for the majority of the season, only switching places with 2nd place Bucaspor once or twice, before opening up a lead at the top that they were unable to claw back...

Turkish Second Division Top Goalscorer - Serkan Ekinci 3rd

Turkish Second Division Manager of The Year - Garry Maltman 1st

Turkish Second Division Team of The Year - Suleyman Kucuk & Gokhan Ocal

Players

The most notable players of the past season were as follows:

Gk

Suleyman Kucuk - Experienced GK who was pivotal to the success of our first season, due to his 15 league clean sheets

Def

Mahmut Acar - RB signed on a free, and solid throughout his 35 apps

Ismail Caliskan - LB, another freebie, again solid first choice

Tolga Deniz - CB who played whenever available, an average of 7.22 from 34 apps is respectable

Gokhan Ocal - CB who chipped in with a few goals from set pieces

Sinan Osmanoglu - brought in from feeder club Galatasaray, mainly used as cover useful due to size and strength

Aytac Ozden - one of the better young players brought in on a free, could be a good player to try and develop, good ratings when used

Mid

Kamber Arslan - one of my 3 man midfield, solid without being spectacular

Hakan Konas - was pretty much an ever-present for the first half of the season, edged out by a few signings in january

Cihan Ozdemir - very handy creative midfielder, defied his ratings with some great games

Emre Purselim - another brought in to give competition for midfield places, not used often

Firat Samsar - another solid but unspectacular midfielder

Att

Demircan Dikmen - 12 goals from 30 apps, decent return from left side of 3-pronged attack

Serkan Ekinci - another loaneee from Galatasaray, and what a season from the big man! 28 goals in 34 apps, and has agreed a permanent move, should be vital for survival next season

Engin Ozcelik - 8 goals wasnt a great return, but i was delighted with that after his first 9 games, where he failed to find the net at all!

Ibrahim Idis - highly rated by scout, but failed to deliver when called upon, only scoring once in 14 apps

Mustafa Kaya - another brought in as cover, may feature more in coming season, unless i can find some better strikers in upcoming transfer window

Top Scorer: Serkan Ekinci - 28 goals

Most Assists: Cihan Ozdemir - 10 assists

Highest Ave. Rating: Tolga Deniz - 7.22

Fans Player of The Year: Tolga Deniz

So, apparently there's no prize money for winning the Turkish Second Division, cant say im shocked really! So going forward its gonna be another season of free transfers and scraping together a squad, hopefully good enough to keep us in the division, where some money may eventually come our way, who knows!!

Season          Division        Position       Achievements
2010/2011       Third Division	1st		Promoted    

Renato Curi Angolana - Serie A - Summer 2022

Before anything, a quiz question:

Which member of Renato Curi Angolana's squad played in the 2022 World Cup final? Answer below.

To be honest, things did not get in any way interesting until the end of July. Early on, the 2 pre-arranged signings arrived (one Bosman, one young Spanish ST for far too little) whilst a few youngsters went out on loan (in particularly Blaha and Spalazzi who had repeat spells in Serie C1) and a couple of reserve players left for a bit of money. I did make one significant signing as a young Brazilian DC came in for £1.1m from Vasco. A couple of young GKs and a DC arrived also but it was only at the end of the month that I made a big signing. That big signing was an stunning 18yo Argentinian ST, who I got for a total of £3m. Which then meant I had very little money for the purchases I actually really needed to make! :rolleyes: Oops.

To resolve this problem, I negotiated the wage / budget ratio and sold half of Jacobo for silly money to Catania and my DRC International AMC Mutombo to Turkey for £2m. This gave me the funds to sign the 2 players I had my eye on - a Bulgarian AML and a brilliant 18yo Romanian AMC, both for around £1.5m. With the Bulgarian's arrival I tried to get rid of Coulibaly, my annoying Malian AMLC, but he turned down 2 contracts from Serie B so I am stuck with him. I did, however, manage to get rid of my Romanian DRC who was never going to play much this season, that gained me £1.1m. And that was it, pretty uneventful overall.

Bemusingly, not one club made any kind of offer for Radek Loos. Maybe no-one needs him, maybe he is not actually as good as I think he is or he has shown. Who knows but I did not even increase his valuation, he is worth over £4m now which does mean that any offer remotely close to that would be immediately accepted by the Chairman so I can only be grateful for the lack of interest. There were several co-ownership offers floating around all of which were refused except for Jacobo as I needed the money and I am not sure if he is acutally good enough for Serie A. Meanwhile the player who did attract all the attention was Aílton, my GK, offers from all the top clubs in Serie A came flying in, the most I refused was £1.5m, no complaints from him thankfully.

Anyway, here are the newcomers:

Tom Goes - the forgotten guy, signed him up from Debrecen in January and had not really thought about how he would fit in, was half-assuming Loos would be off and / or we would still be in Serie B, in any case, he is a brilliant player and one who will fit somewhere into our midfield, will probably replace Palermo and partner Loos there, looking forward to see what he can do

Rubén Jordán - simply no idea why Espanyol let him go for only £350k, 10 times that would have not been totally unreasonable (although I would not have paid that much), I am very happy that they did though as he is very good already and has the potential to be a lot better, is the perfect 5th ST for this season as he won't bitch about not playing much, will spend a lot of him time in the U20s and should not disgrace himself when playing for the 1st team, he could be very very good

Itamar - first proper Brazilian purchase and he looks a very classy defender, also has Spanish nationality which, combined with his relatively low price, put him above the hoards of other young Brazilian defenders on my shortlist, composure and positioning could do with some improvement but the rest looks good to me, will start as 1st choice backup and we'll see where he goes from there

Andrea Liberati - was found by my assistant wandering the streets in a desperate search for his 1st club and I am very glad he was found as he looks fantastic for a 16yo, and on top of that he has 4 star potential and could turn out better than anything I currently have at the back, in injury crises he may make the odd appearance but this season will be spent in the U20s followed by a loan spell next season or the one after, looking forward to seeing his progress

Félix Mazur and Sebastian Fuchs - both highly promising young GKs, Mazur with, by far, the most potential (4 stars), he also has a dodgy Polish passport which was pretty much the deciding factor in me signing him as I did not want to waste a non-EU signing (I can make 2) on a backup GK, I now have 7 GKs with Aílton and the nominal bench player in the 1st team and the rest all under 20 and in the U20s, Mazur along Speciale, my youth product from last year, both have 4 star potential, I have one with 3.5 as well, 7 is far too many but when they are as good as that I am not going to turn them down especially as nearly all were free and on minimal wages

Roberto Candela - the £3m guy, yes, he will prove to be worth it, yes, whenever I sell him I will make a profit, yes, he is already great and will improve over time but equally, I am sure I could have spent the £3m a little better, that said he looks a fine player now and I would pay £3m for someone of equal ability but several years older, a bit of improvement here and there and he could be world class, he will be first choice but given his age etc. I would not be surprised to see him be much better next season

Bogdan Domnisoru - ohmygod was my reaction when my scout told me about him, hmmm was my reaction when I realised I had no money and still needed to improve other areas of the pitch first, took me a couple of weeks to sort everything out but thankfully no other scouts found him in the meantime, £1.5m should prove to be a bargain, will probably not play a huge amount this season but I would like to give him some opportunities to strut his stuff, another I am looking forward to see progress

Svetlozar Gyorev - the ML I was looking for, brilliant going forward and can even head the ball which I like for my wingers, is a little weak and could do with some more flair but his pace, dribbling and crossing should make those problems less serious, will be straight in the team ahead of Fiorentini, and although I am not expecting Atienza-esque performances something better and more reliable than Coulibaly would be nice

So there we go, the needed areas (ST and ML) were improved. I did have a look around for MR but did not find any that really took my fancy so I will attempt to get by with Zmuda, Jimenez and Hamrouni until I find one. That could be our weakness. The 1st choice defence has not changed at all which might also pose a problem but each player is getting better all the time and they are settled.

Whether this is enough to avoid relegation is another matter. A relegation would be all the more embarrassing considering the number of season we spent in Serie B, if I had gone up in 2 years then it would be OK, not having spent 4/5 years building the squad!

We have started more less OK, struggling past a Serie B side in the cup before winning our 1st Serie A match 2-0 with 2 goals from new-boy Candela. However, that was at home against last season's Serie B runners-up so it is the sort of match we have to win. We then lost 0-1 at Reggina which is OK except for the fact that we did not have one single chance in the whole match which is a bit concerning...

Answer - clearly none of them should have been anywhere near the final given their nationalities and ability but I suppose the least bizarre answer would have been Loos or maybe Guerrero but the Czechs got knocked out in the 2nd round while Guerrero is still uncapped (Uruguary finished 3rd). The correct answer is our South African MC Japhet Skhosana as they beat Denmark, Bosnia and Uruguay to get to final where they lost 5-4 on penalties to Spain after a 0-0 draw. The departing Mutombo and the Democratic Republic of Congo also deserve a mention as they reached the q-fs via beating Brazil 2-0 in the 2nd round :eek:.

ghostwriter - some good signings there mate. like the look of Domnisoru and Candela. Serie A will be tough but i think you might be ok. can't do much worse than my attempt in Bundesliga!! ;)

G-Wiz - congrats on the title! had a feeling you might have done it. good luck next season...

G-Wiz that's a great season! Turkey is really interesting cause the player rules are so strict. Having to use so many player from Turkey actually put me off the idea of going there. But Turkey also seem to be one of the nations that produce the most talented regens in most of my saves, so it will be really interesting to see how you do in the long run. Good luck. :thup:

ghostwriter you got some great new players there. Domnisoru definitely look like a future superstar. About Ruben Jordan, I find that if I look for "transfer listed" players there's always a ton of Spanish regens filling up most of the list. Can really find some amazing bargains there. Looks like you got one there. Good luck. :thup:

G-Wiz ghostwriter you got some great new players there. Domnisoru definitely look like a future superstar. About Ruben Jordan, I find that if I look for "transfer listed" players there's always a ton of Spanish regens filling up most of the list. Can really find some amazing bargains there. Looks like you got one there. Good luck. :thup:

i agree too. signed up a few young Spanish stars myself this summer. there is always loads of great little Spaniards on the Transfer list...

Anadia Futebol Clube 2021/22

1st in Liga Sagres (pred: 1st) | Graph | Transfers | Finances

Liga Sagres (fixtures)

Almost as good as last year. Only loss came away to Benfica after we had already won the league. Interesting point, 3 seasons ago I sold this kid Joel Alvarez to Club Brugge for £1.4M. He never played a first team game for us and I didn't have room for him in my strike-force. Last summer he was bought by Benfica for £6.25M and look at his performance. 33 goals in the league and 41 in total. Still, if I had kept him someone else would not have been here, and we have great strikers.

Portuguese Cup (fixtures) - Champions!

League Cup (fixtures) - Champions!

European Glory

[b][color="#0000ff"][u]European Champions Cup[/u] ([url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s12fixecc.jpg"]fixtures[/url] | [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s12ecctab.jpg"]group a[/url])[/color][/b]

Dinamo Kiev	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s12ecc1.jpg"]2-0[/url]	Champions Cup Grp A
Villarreal	H	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s12ecc2.jpg"]3-1[/url]	Champions Cup Grp A
Man Utd		H	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s12ecc3.jpg"]3-2[/url]	Champions Cup Grp A
Man Utd		A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s12ecc4.jpg"]3-3[/url]	Champions Cup Grp A
Dinamo Kiev	H	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s12ecc5.jpg"]5-0[/url]	Champions Cup Grp A
Villarreal	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s12ecc6.jpg"]5-0[/url]	Champions Cup Grp A

Paris SG	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s12ecc7.jpg"]1-1[/url]	Champions Cup 1st KO Rnd Leg 1
Paris SG	H	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s12ecc8.jpg"]2-1[/url]	Champions Cup 1st KO Rnd Leg 2

Arsenal		A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s12ecc9.jpg"]2-1[/url]	Champions Cup Qtr Final Leg 1
Arsenal		H	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s12ecc10.jpg"]1-0[/url]	Champions Cup Qtr Final Leg 2

Barcelona	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s12ecc11.jpg"]5-2[/url]	Champions Cup Semi Final Leg 1
Barcelona	H	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s12ecc12.jpg"]2-0[/url]	Champions Cup Semi Final Leg 2

Palermo		N	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s12ecc13.jpg"]2-0[/url]	Champions Cup Final

What an amazing journey. After the home match against Man Utd in the group stage I wasn't sure what to think. We beat them, but were extremely lucky to get anything from that match. Then we drew 3-3 at Old Trafford in a game we really deserved to win and I began to think we might go far this year.

The away game against Paris SG was the most annoying game I've ever played. We played them off the field but just couldn't finish. Verstraete also missed 2 penalties. It almost came back to haunt us as well, as the home game was once again much closer, but we managed a 2-1 win and was one step further than the two previous seasons.

Arsenal have been winners and runner up the last two years, so I expected it to be tough. When we beat them 2-1 away after another amazing away performance (and another missed penalty) I really started to believe this could be our year. The home game was even better, and their goalkeeper earned his MoM award after saving 5 clear cut chances.

The away game against Barcelona has to be the most memorable game in my career at Anadia. At half time we were 3-0 up and they had a man sent off. We made it 4-0 before they pulled 2 back, but then substitute Sanchez made it 5-2 and I thought for sure we had to be in the final now. The home match was much closer, again, and Barcelona probably would have deserved to win it. But our amazing Egyptian goalkeeper decided to shut the door and earned himself a MoM award as we advanced to our first European final.

When we drew Palermo I wasn't really sure what to expect. They haven't been past the 1st KO stage since 2018 and I was really surprised to see them go this far. It didn't start to well though as we gave them a penalty after just 7 minutes. Joilson didn't manage to score though and when we were awarded our own penalty 3 minutes later Oriol gave us the 1-0 lead. It was a very close first half with both teams having 8 shots on goal. Second half we completely dominated, but it was tense until the last minute as we just could not score that second goal. 4 minutes into time added on Wang finally finished a wonderfully crafted move to give us the 2-0 win.

CHAMIONS OF EUROPE!! :cool:

The Squad (ratings)

Since the challenge is complete I thought I'd give you my favorite eleven, the one I usually go for in important matches if everyone is available.

GK - Mohamed Abdel Ghany (4 seasons)- Not much doubt there, he's simpley brilliant.

DR - Peter Lippai (4 seasons) - No doubt here either, he's been brilliant since he joined and never let me down.

DL - Florian Tasci (6 seasons) - One of the longest serving players at the club. He's grown to be a real star.

DC - Enrique Ramos (4 seasonsb) - My #1 central defender. He's tall, he's consistent, he scores goals on set-pieces, he's great.

DC - Nestor Alvarez (3 seasons) - This is the position I rotate the most and it's close between them all, but Alvarez is my 2nd choice after Ramos.

DMC- Victor Quintero Morones (4 seasons) - Not much doubt here, but several young DMCs are knocking on this door.

MC - Oriol (7 seasons) - Another one that's been with us for a very long time. He's grown into a top class midfielder.

MC - Cristian Acosta (4 seasons) - Another position that's rotated a lot, but my main choice for the big matches now is Acosta.

AMC- Robert Verstraete (4 seasons) - I have rotated a lot in this position, but this season Verstraete finally showed his real class.

SC - Patrick Wang (7 seasons) - Our captain and (with Oriol) the longest serving first teamer. In my eyes he's world class and this was his best season so far.

SC - Alfonso de la Barrera (3 seasons) - It's hard to pick the 2nd striker, as they all score goals when they get the chance, but he was the main choice this year.

We have a brilliant squad, and in most positions I can really pick anyone really. Wang and Ghany being the two real big stars ofc. It's easy to see what summer was the most imporant one for our success. 4 seasons ago six of the first teamers I choose joined. The team is extremely well gel'ed, and the future looks really bright.

Status Quo

[b][u][color="Blue"]CLUB HISTORY[/color][/u][/b]

[b]SEASON	LEAGUE	POS.	SCUP	PCUP		LCUP		EUROPE		NOTES[/b]
[b]10/11[/b]	PSDC	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s1tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	-	2nd Round	-		-		Promoted in playoff
[b]11/12[/b]	LV	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s2tab.jpg"]3rd[/url]	-	6th Round	3rd Round	-		-
[b]12/13[/b]	LV	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s3tab.jpg"]2nd[/url]	-	2nd Round	2nd Round	-		Promoted
[b]13/14[/b]	LS	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s4tab.jpg"]6th[/url]	-	3rd Round	3rd Round	-		-
[b]14/15[/b]	LS	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s5tab.jpg"]6th[/url]	-	6th Round	2nd Round	-		Europe here we come
[b]15/16[/b]	LS	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s6tab.jpg"]3rd[/url]	-	3rd Round	3rd Round	EC Qtr Final	-
[b]16/17[/b]	LS	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s7tab.jpg"]2nd[/url]	-	5th Round	Semi Final	EC 1st KO Rnd	Moving to new stadium
[b]17/18[/b]	LS	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s8tab.jpg"]4th[/url]	-	Winner		Winner		ECC Qtr Final	Domestic trophies
[b]18/19[/b]	LS	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s9tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	Won	Final lost	3rd Round	EC 2nd KO Rnd	Champions of Portugal
[b]19/20[/b]	LS	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s10tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	Won	Winner		3rd Round	ECC 1st KO Rnd	-
[b]20/21[/b]	LS	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s11tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	Won	Winner		Winner		ECC 1st KO Rnd	Domestic treble
[b]21/22[/b]	LS	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s12tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	Won	Winner		Winner		ECC Winner	Champions of Europe
PSDC - Portuguese Second Division Central | LV - Liga Vitalis | LS - Liga Sagres
SCUP - Super Cup | PCUP - Portuguese Cup | LCUP - League Cup
EC - EURO Cup | ECC - European Champions Cup

[b][u][color="Blue"]TROPHY CABINET[/color][/u][/b]

[b]Liga Sagres[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s9tab.jpg"]18/19[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s10tab.jpg"]19/20[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s11tab.jpg"]20/21[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s12tab.jpg"]21/22[/url]
[b]Portuguese Second Division - Central[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s1tab.jpg"]10/11[/url]

[b]European Champions Cup[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s12fixecc.jpg"]21/22[/url]

[b]Portuguese Cup[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s8pcfix.jpg"]17/18[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s10pcfix.jpg"]19/20[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s11pcfix.jpg"]20/21[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s12fixpc.jpg"]21/22[/url]
[b]Portuguese League Cup[/b] [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s8lcfix.jpg"]17/18[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s11lcfix.jpg"20/21[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Anadia/s12fixlc.jpg"]21/22[/url]

is there a record for shortest player? ive just realised one of my players, who hasnt been mentioned in the update, is 4 ft 11!!! lol

so...my top man from last season, Serkan Ekinci, has just torn his hamstring in the penultimate pre-season friendly, out for 3-4 months...not a good omen for life in the Turkish First Division :(

Renato Curi Angolana - Serie A - Christmas 2023

As mentioned we started off with a nice 2-0 win over fellow promotees Arezzo before following that with probably our worst ever attacking performance (0 shots, 0 corners) in a 0-1 defeat at Reggina. Next up was a visit from our parent club, Udinese. They took the lead twice (one of the goals from Puccinelli, our star loanee from last season), we equalised twice before they got a frustrating 89th minute winner. 2 0-1 defeats followed against teams we were expected to lose to before we visited Salernitana who are not very good. We took a very early lead, they soon equalised and that was how it stayed.

Our first Serie A match on TV followed with Roma's visit and we were doing OK until Loos got himself sent off just before the hour mark, Roma scored twice before the end. We also played pretty well in the San Siro against Milan but an 82th minute goal gave them a 1-0 win. 6 defeats out of 7 since the first day was not ideal but we were soon to hit a run of games we should be getting points from. First up was one I was not expecting to do too well in as Napoli visited - Candela scored after 30 seconds and we then hung on until the 89th minute when they equalised. Very frustrating. It was even more so against Verona as we missed a penalty and 2 1-on-1s in the last half hour and had to settle for another home 1-1 draw. And that was nothing compared to our visit to Vicenza, we dominated, hit the woodwork twice and just as I was accepting a frustrating goalless draw we scored in the 91st minute. Only for them to equalise in the 93rd minute. AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHH! :mad:

Next up was a visit to winless Brescia where we finally got a deserved win, it was only 1-0 though and there were some dodgy moments. So 12 games gone and it seems goals are not at a premium in this division as there have only been 22 in our games including 4 1-1s and 5 1-0s. That all changed with Catania's visit :eek:, we were certainly helped by the red card on 9 minutes and them using all their subs by the 36th and then suffering an injury before h/t, we played against 9 men for the whole 2nd half. We did OK against Genoa (winners of Serie A for 5 of the last 6 seasons) for the 1st hour but then they ran rampage and won 4-0 which was kind of deserved.

A visit to 3rd placed Livorno followed and we played really well and got the only goal of the game in the 89th minute via the 17yo Spaniard. Lazio were now 3rd and we were at the Olimpico next and we somehow got the exact same result, this time via a very early penalty. We took the lead at home to Fiorentina in our last game of 2022 and were playing well before we conceded an unnecessary penalty and capitulated. Anyway this all means we enter 2023 in 17th place, only 1 position above the relegation zone but the bottom 3 are very adrift and we are in fact as close to 5th as we are to 18th. 17th is the position we want and the gap to 18th is reassuring, would be very happy to finish here. We have only embarrassed ourselves once and have been a bit unlucky not to grab a draw in a couple of the matches against the big teams. A couple of our wins have been pretty impressive as well. Surprisingly we are pretty good at the back and pretty poor up front, I was expecting the opposite.

SV_Waldhof_Mannheim.png[/url]

SVW Mannheim - Bundesliga II - Season 2014/15

Season Preview

Following our swift relegation from the Bundesliga in our debut season last year, i have set about building a squad good enough to get us back there at the first time of asking.Whilst the squad we had got us there in the first place it obviously isn't good enough for the top division so best to make the changes now.

Therefore it's time to introduce the new players:

Transfers

- Young Italian GK brought in to act as 3rd keeper. Has good potential - time will tell as to whether he can develop into a first team player.

- The first of the Serbian influx, Vlasic can play anywhere across the back four but his preferred position is RB. He will act as cover for Adams.

- Another Serbian full-back, Jesic will play as our first choice LB this season. Good all-round player, he is easily good enough for this level.

- Signed for his potential which is huge, the first of my Spanish kids brought in this summer. Will act as cover this season.

- Experienced Greek DM signed on a free transfer. Has bags of quality and will push Emmanuel-Thomas hard for the DM spot in the team.

- Brought in on a season long loan from PSG, he was signed before the arrival of Tziolis. is versatile though so offers plenty of cover across defence and central midfield.

- Ukranian free transfer signed from Shakhtar. Great player for this division, he was signed in January on a pre-contract deal. Has earnt a starting spot.

- Top signing of the summer, although he was signed on a pre-contract in January and joins from Ajax. Some of you may know the player (he played in the real World Cup this summer and is very highly rated). Started the season brilliantly from central midfield, he could be a key player in our future if i can keep him at the club.

- Spanish midfielder signed as one for the future.

- German winger brought in on a seasons loan from Hoffenheim. Has great pace and will challenge for am AMR berth.

- My big money summer signing brought in on deadline day. possibly over-priced at £4.5 million for his age but his stats are great for a young striker. plus he is a bit of a target man which suits my system well. i have high hopes for him.

- Signed on a season loan from xxx, he is another young striker with bags of potential and ability. can also play AMR/L which offers plenty of options from the bench.

- Spanish striker signed after being transfer-listed at Real Madrid. A common theme, but another with bags of potential. will push his rivals hard for a chance in the first team.

- the final member of the Spanish influx, he will play mainly with the U19 team this season. great potential once more though.

So there are the newbies. We have spent £9 million on transfers this summer but have also recouped that in player sales so that's good for the finances. The biggest transfer news of the summer though was probably the fact that i managed to keep hold of all of last seasons key players. Pouplin, Adams, Boswell, Bura, Ziganda, Mutafov, Krastev all stay despite heavy interest. Some are unhappy at not being able to leave but while they perform on the pitch i can handle that.

The early part of the season has been pretty pleasing and we are up there at the top. Obviously there is a long way still to go but i am confident in our chances to bounce back to the Bundesliga at the first time of asking. time will tell if that is misjudged or not!!

Looks good rlipscombe. I'm confident you can get promoted again right away. Eriksen should be one for the long term future, he usually has great potential.

I don't have any news myself. Won't be playing as fast now, but I will probably do another season at least.

Best of luck Rlips, you should be able to bounce back up, as for me well I played another month of Chemnitz in my German save and then went back to it this morning and corrupt :(

Evora on the other hand have just wrapped up another Liga Sagres title, we lost in the League Cup Semi Final to Benfica, with 23 of our top 24 players on international duty...again...So much for getting a domestic treble...

The Champions League is going well Semi-final against Valencia, and the first leg of the Portuguese Cup Semi saw us beat Gil Vicente 7-2 (2-2HT).

I added a few more players to the roster this season as I aimed to strengthen the starting XI, now only 3 positions have less than 4 stars on current writing, Danilo (ST) and two of my three AMC's, everyone behind that is just awesome. I also added some more youngsters, but I am looking at the fact it is one month til FM11 and thinking 2033/34 may be my last season so going to try and finish that with a flourish and a victory with England in the World Cup final...currently April 2033.

EDIT: Sorry I haven't been active lately, been quite busy with my daughter and moving house, so hopefully you will see me around a bit more over the month leading to FM11.

I'm going to echo LLR's sentiments, expect sadly it's been more than a month - I've been massively busy with work.

Anyway, I should be around more over the next few weeks as I have been made redundant - silver lining being that I should be able to progress towards 2040!

I've won a hell of a lot since last updating, including the Euros and World Cup with Spain.

Good to see so many people attempting this still.

Renato Curi Angolana - Serie A - 2022/23

17th but a relatively secure 17th at Christmas

The principal January activity was my first choice DR Bruno Rivas leaving. He had a big moan over New Year about bigger clubs and put himself on the transfer list so when Catania offered a respectable amount for him I decided to negotiate. When they offered the £3m I wanted, off he went. This left me with lots of money and a large problem at DR. When my first 2 choices chose to go elsewhere I decided to abandon the search until the Summer as Jazbec was playing quite well there and Georgiev is also a good DR. I still needed cover though so I bought 2 very promising Romanian teenage defenders who could both play at DR. I also brought in a good Swedish D/MR in on loan from Livorno to attempt to temporarily improve the MR position.

First game of 2023 was a difficult one as Inter visited. And we were fantastic, strolling to a 2-0 win without much difficulty! :eek: We were going fine at Siena with an early goal and dominance until the 40th minute when Gyorev got a red card and then we conceded a penalty. Thankfully it was missed and, even with 10 men, we continued to play well and got a 2nd. Another win followed before a slightly disappointing home draw with Reggina which was accomplished via a wonder show from Aílton. Then Juventus visited and they were far too good for us.

We visited Palermo and were ridiculously good, a simple 3-0 win followed. Unfortunately we could not follow that up at Roma but we could against Salernitana and wonderfully, at home to Milan. Another fantastic performance at Verona and we were in the top 10 and only 3 points from 4th. Obviously it was time for a slightly dodgy performance as we only managed a 1-1 draw at home to relegation-threatened Vicenza. There followed a crazy game in Naples, as we twice came from behind, took the lead before they equalised late on. A very late goal from my young Spanish ST (his 3rd winner in the final few minutes) gave us a win at Catania before leaders Genoa visited for a TV match. A solid 1st half was followed by us taking the lead, then Altidore went crazy - 6 minute hat-trick and a 4th before the end :(. Hmm.

We were solid at home to Brescia, a result that kept us 9th and 4 points from 4th. We should have lost at home to Livorno but they had a good goal disallowed in injury time. Next up was Fiorentina and they took the lead after 45 seconds and completely dominated until we equalised and the match became more equal. A 3rd straight draw came when Lazio visited for a horrible, horrible match, 3 on target shots and nothing resembling even a chance. Our 2nd last match was a visit to the San Siro and title-challenging Inter where we shockingly took an early 2-0 lead. This was never going to last and they managed to get the goals back before h/t, but we managed to hold on. This result meant that with a 4 point gap to 9th the highest we could finish was 10th. A 10th we would get if we beat Siena in our last match. We again chucked away a 2-0 lead and it took a 94th minute winner to gain a 3-2 win and 10th place. A 10th place that was pretty much deserved.

Well, that was better than I expected and it could have been even better as we were only 3 points from European qualification. We were very good in the New Year, losing only 3 times. For the 2nd season in a row our away record was great, we only lost twice since November and in fact picked up 3 more away points than at home. After a slow start we starting scoring a lot of goals and although no team above us conceded more goals we were relatively solid at the back. We also had some cracking results against the big teams (Genoa excepted!), beating Inter (and drawing away) and Milan at home and thrashing Palermo away were great achievements.

Final Squad - only concern would be the lack of goals from outside the top 2 strikers

Final Summary

Finances - still making the odd profit, the enlarged stadium definitely helps

Transfers - Candela scored a lot of goals once he settled, Gyorev and Goes were great, Domnisoru is going to be awesome, Jordán was a super-sub who only scored goals in the 87th minute which were winners, Itamar never had chance after his broken leg whilst with regards to the January purchases, Roxstrom hardly played and 1 of the Romanians is going to be very very good

Our better players were:

Best GK - Aílton - not too sure why I was wondering if he was Serie A class or not because he most definitely is, brilliant again, made some ridiculous saves, kept several clean sheets and saved us many times as can be seen by the 3 MoM awards, getting better all the time and I hope he has not finished improving, not bad for a player I got on a free from an obscure club in Brazil 7 years ago, there was interest from all over Serie A last Summer and I fear the same this year but there is simply no chance I am voluntarily letting him go

Most Unexpectedly Good Defender - Ivo Jazbec - this was surprising to say the least, he was dire last season in Serie B, the worst average rating in the whole squad and if any kind of offer had come in for him last Summer I would have seriously looked at it, started the season as 4th/5th choice in every position and only got a chance because of a combination of Rivas leaving and injury, he took this chance very well and more or less became 1st choice DR by the end of the season, him and Negru (see later) have made seriously me question whether I really need to replace Rivas, we shall see but more of the same please

Most Useful Defender - Marko Georgiev - natural all across the back and plays well in all 3 positions, split his time between DC and DL this season and would have played more at DR but for Jazbec, is a very solid player and even if he gets overtaken in the future he is perfect for the bench, had a major mid-season big-club grump but got over it surprisingly quickly and even signed a new contract, I can only hope for similar performances

Best Left Winger - Svetlozar Gyorev - pretty good 1st season here, goals, some assists and the occasional quite brilliant performance, for me he is the perfect winger, he is fast, a great dribbler and his crossing is magnificent, currently much better than Fiorentini and I see him as 1st choice next season, something similar would be very nice, also slightly surprisingly won our Player of the Year award

Best Right Winger - Aleksander Zmuda - as I failed to find an MR that I liked the look of last Summer I was "stuck" with the 3 I already had with Zmuda as 1st choice, that plan did not go too badly at all, he performed very similarly to Gyorev, a few more goals and assists would do nicely but overall he played very well and went thru some streaks where he was unstoppable, all that said I am still looking for that brilliant MR that is somewhere out there but if I fail again I won't have any problems about playing him next season

Best Midfielders - Tom Goes and Radek Loos - a very good 1st season from the former, made one of the MC positions his own, some great performances, only slight issue is that he is quite friendly to yellow cards, can't see anyone replacing him so would be hoping for the same again, as for Loos he was a little less impressive than previously but still had some great performances, had a 2 month injury earlier this year which gave Domnisoru a chance and he did not really get his place back after that, will probably rotate with the Romanian next season, has signed a new contract and unless silly offers come in he will be here for a while

Best Future Global Superstar - Bogdan Domnisoru - possibly a slight exaggeration but my word is he going to be a great player, spent the 1st half of the season in the U20s until Loos' injury and then grabbed his chance with both feet, some great performances and he kind of kept Loos out of the side when he was back from injury, is making improvements all over, has just won his 1st Romanian caps as well, if he carried on like his he could be ridiculously good in a couple of years, difficult to realise that he has only just turned 19, don't want to overplay him so will probably still rotate with Loos next season

Best Forward - Diego - I wondered how he would do in this division and the answer was perfectly well, 5th season here, 5th season as 1st choice, not exceptionally prolific but to compensate that he was our top assister and has great partnership with Candela, has the advantage of (touch wood) never getting serious injuries either, is still making improvements as well, has signed a nice new long term contract and unless someone fantastic signs in the Summer I expect him to be 1st choice next season

Most Prolific Striker - Roberto Candela – understandably a bit slow to get going and settle but once we hit 2023 he was brilliant, admittedly when he did not play well he really did not play well (hence his rating) but wow, when he was good he was very good, over a goal every 2 games, great partnership with Diego, little improvement in his attributes but there is time for that, the same strikerate next season would do very nicely, also was rated as the Serie A signing of the year

If I had the exact same squad next season along with the already signed new players, I would be happy enough but there are a few positions I would really like to improve. For starters Jimenez (MR), Saadaoui (ST) and probably Coulibaly (ML) will be sold so they need replacing. Ideally a very good MR would be nice along with a promising ML who is willing to be a backup. The lack of goals from anyone but Candela and Diego is a bit of a worry and I definitely need 1 new ST. Given our wage structure (currently £11k per week max., highest earner is on £6.5k) I imagine him to be a prospect rather than a star. I have no idea for whom there will be interest but I would like to think I would be able to refuse offers for the players I really want to keep, but obviously that depends on the Chairman.

In every division so far we have followed an unexpectedly good 1st season with a slightly disappointing 2nd one so hopefully I would like to buck that trend. Hence top 1o has to be my aim.

10/11 - Serie C2/B - 7th

11/12 - Serie C2/B - 13th

12/13 - Serie C2/B - 2nd (promoted via playoffs)

13/14 - Serie C1/B - 8th

14/15 - Serie C1/B - 10th

15/16 - Serie C1/B - 5th (lost in playoff semi-finals)

16/17 - Serie C1/B - 2nd (promoted via playoffs)

17/18 - Serie B - 13th

18/19 - Serie B - 18th (survived via playouts)

19/20 - Serie B - 3rd (lost in playoff semi-finals)

20/21 - Serie B - 9th

21/22 - Serie B - 1st (Champions!)

22/23 - Serie A - 10th

Team I Would Like To Play Every Week - Catania (12th) - H6-1, A1-0

Team I Would Not Like To Play Every Week - Genoa (Champions) - A0-4, H1-4

Best 11

Overall Best 11

Apps Gls Asts MoM  AvR
Aiman Napoli            210  98   54  29   7.12
ST (2012-2022)
Fabian Remy             203   -    -   4   6.87
GK (2013-2019)
Diego                   189  94   35  18   7.12
ST (2018-)
Jacobo                  186   5    1   2   6.89
DC (2018-)
Francesco Antonelli     159  13    7   4   6.93
DC (2013-2018)
Aílton                  151   -    -  10   6.96
GK (2016-)
Ivo Jazbec              134   3    5   1   6.91
DRC/DM/MRC (2018-)
Marcos Agudo            132   8    7   9   7.08
DRC/DM/MRC (2014-2018)
Francesco Della Rocca   130   7   21   4   6.92
MC (2011-2017)
Asier Sarriegi          129   9   30   9   7.06
MC (2015-2019)
Francesco Tacchinardi   126  64   18  14   6.99
ST (2014-2019)
Jean-Martial Kipré      122   1   17   4   6.98
D/WBR (2012-2017)
Marco Palermo           121   5   16   1   6.92
D/DM/MC (2018-)
Ivan                    119   0    2   0   6.73
DLC/WBL (2018-2021)
Francesco Stella        118  17   18   6   7.11
MR (2013-2017)
Andrea De Rose          117   0    4   4   6.86
DLC (2012-2019)
Jorge Loeschbor         116   3   13   2   6.93
D/WB/ML (2015-2021)
Guiliano Sguera         111   3    2   1   6.89
DC (2013-2019)
Radek Loos              108  11   40   7   7.33
MC (2020-)
Wim Kuipers             101   3   13   1   6.85
MC (2015-2018)
Abdelkrim Hamrouni      100  15   12   7   7.04
AMRC/FC (2017-)

Time for another youth update...

The last update 3 years ago

All of the first 2 batches are long gone and so are most of the third by now but here is a quick update on them..

Aílton - signed up 2 years ago when he was inexplicably without a club for 6 months, made some appearances this year when Remy was injured, has fantastic potential, could better than Remy, already a good player, with the new Spaniard coming in, he will now be 3rd choice so might stay in the U20s another year, the only issue is that by the time he is better than Remy there might already be GKs at the club that are better than that so he won't play, we shall see... - see above, now first choice - godlike

Jorg Hain - a freebie last Summer, good player, mainly in the U20s but during the Big DR Injury Crisis of March 2018 he made several appearances, was not too convincing but with Agudo and Fucili leaving he will now be out best DR, am willing to take the risk in playing next season but would prefer to leave him in the U20s for a bit longer, could turn out to be very good - still looks a great player but has never impressed so will be attempting to flog this Summer - failed to sell him so he stayed in the reserves for a year and then left on a free, is now at Stuttgart

Guiseppe Gennari - another to profit from the Big DR Injury Crisis of March 2018, as being 5th choice he could never have expected to play this year, came thru our youth ranks last Summer as the brightest prospect and is showing promise, improving and did not do too badly in his 2 matches, not sure he will ever be good enough for the 1st team but as he is currently our backup next year (I hope that situation changes) he might get games - not bad, made the odd appearance here and there, is currently co-owned so unless Arezzo offer money (I won't) he will be here for at least another season, will be in U20s and may be needed in emergencies, will eventually be sold - Arezzo offered nothing so he stayed back here, went straight out on loan to Serie C1, was respectable, left the Summer after to Serie C2 where he has been fantastic (7.55 average over 2 seasons so far), should play at a higher level

José - certainly not going to turn down buying him for £5k, will turn out to be a bargain whatever happens, what has happened so far is that he has made a few 1st appearances and done OK, with both DCs leaving he might be closer to the 1st team next season, my coaches don't think he has the potential to ever be 1st choice but we shall see... - made a lot of appearances 2 years back but little last year, not a bad player but given his worth and probable lack of playing time I will try to cash in this Summer - went that Summer to Mantova in Serie B for £750k, 2 average seasons were followed by a relegation but he played well this season in Serie C1 and they won the title

Aritz Munoz - does not really fit with the others as I actually paid quite a bit of money for him but already he seems a bargain, played a few games and his bad rating is down to the 2 penalties he gave away, that aside he did OK, is improving all the time and is a classy DMC, pretty good at MC as well, doubt he will be first choice next year will be playing regularly - did not really impress 2 years ago (but then who did?), he started last season off well before breaking his leg and not playing again, is co-owned so like Gennari will probably stay unless Frosinone really want him, will be floating around the bench next year, don't ever see him as first choice - Frosinone did want him so we went there, played very little and then got sold for a profit last Summer to Siena, newly promoted to Serie A, played a little as they did quite well

Harald Rahn - a freebie last Summer, made a couple of respectable appearances from the bench during the season, there are a few players ahead of him at MR so unless one leaves I don't really expect him to play much this season either, good prospect for the future hhough - impressed for U20s and the 1st team in his odd appearances before last season when he played a lot due to Hamrouni's injury and impressed considerably less, was wanting to keep him but after that I am no longer sure, I think he will probably stay at least one more year and then I will see - played the odd game the season after before going to Sorrento for £60k, they won Serie C1A but have just got relegated back again

Massimo Offredi - a £100 p/w signing from last Summer and looks quite a good one, plays best as an ST but I converted him to ML and he made some sub appearances there last season and played well, is essentially our 3rd choice ML so highly likely he will make some appearances next season as well, will probably never be a regular so will be cashed in on at some stage. - made several appearances at ML 2 years back before, with arrival of Atienza and promotion of Fiorentini, I decide to sell last year, got good money and he really impressed in Serie C2 helping to push Spezia to the title - 2 more good seasons in Serie C1 followed and he won a move to Serie B last Summer but has not played much

I won't be bothering to write about that lot again as only Aílton is still here and he get mentioned every year...

Here are the ones from 2020...

Lukas Hampf, Scott McLaughlin- one was free, one cost £3k, both have potential to be as good as Aílton, they are my backups and will be in the U20s for a fair while, one might go on loan if there is interest, doubt either will end up being 1st choice but we shall see - Hampf played a few games but had an attitude so was sold to Hoffenheim the Summer after, after one year with the odd game he went to Werder where he has also played the odd game, McLaughlin is our bench player who will only play in case of an injury to Ailton during a match, has only happened once so far, is pretty average but he has just signed a new contract and is happy to stay in this role for the time being

Paolo Benazzi - signed from Argentina last year (Italian passport) and was going to be our 3rd / 4th choice DR but does not seem as good as I thought he was, never played and am mildly tempted to get rid off already as I doubt he will ever play, otherwise he will stay another year maybe out on loan somewhere - my most pointless signing, one more year in the reserves was followed by a loan spell in Serie C1 where he never played before leaving on a free last Summer, still without a club

Vedran Cernjul - not bad, a freebie from Germany 2 years back and has performed well enough when called up, will stay as 3rd choice DL and all-round utility backup, unlikely to ever be near 1st choice but is good to have around at the moment - still around as 3rd choice DL, actually played his most games this season as Guerrero and Georgiev were a bit injury prone, is average but has his uses at the moment, contract is up next year, whether he stays depends on how much he wants, if it is too much he will leave this Summer

Guiseppe Strukelj - signed 2 years back and again not bad and done well enough when needed as 4th choice ML, co-owned so will either go to Verona or be here for at least 12 more months, will probably be sold sooner or later - stayed here, played very little, left on a free to Serie C1 last Summer

Bruno Dessena - one of our own and despite looking average he is worth quite a bit and my coaches reckon he has quite a bit of potential, still young so will stay in U20s for another year then maybe out on loan somewhere - 2 more years in the U20s have been followed by an average Serie C1 loan spell, has 2 years left on his contract so will either leave or go out again on loan

Simone Guida - another freebie 2 years back and is basically our 5th choice ST and hence made the odd appearance this season and did well, scored that vital goal in the playoffs (well, we still lost but it was vital at the time!), also co-owned so same as Strukelj, if he stays he will probably make the odd appearance again next season and then will decide - made the odd appearance before leaving to Serie C2 where he has been pretty good, 30 goals in 2 seasons

Frank Gundersen - the better of the 2 Danes I signed last Summer, has quite a bit of potential and is probably vying for 4th choice ML with Strukelj, will see what happens this season before making a decision - never played, left last Summer for silly money to Serie C2 where he has been average

Gianni Profeta - yet another freebie 2 years back, out on loan in Serie C2 this year and did pretty well, may go out again or be kept as a last resort backup, if he improves a bit may have a future here as a backup - was a not very good last resort backup before leaving to Serie C2 where he won promotion

Andrea Beltrame - came up thru our youth ranks, looks a bit average but did very well in Serie C2 (scored half his team's goals), probably has the same future as Profeta - went back to Andria for a 2nd loan spell and was even better, then got sold to a club in the same division where he has also played well and scored a few

Andrea Spalazzi - signed last Summer for free and someone I mentioned in pre-season as having with potential and so far he is living up to it in the U20s, played very well and did OK in the 45 minutes he had for the 1st team, improving all the time as well, U20s again next season before maybe a loan spell somewhere, could be anything - could still be anything, the odd game in Serie B before 2 very good loan spells in Serie C1, not too sure what happens now, may go to Serie B or might stay here as 5th or 6th choice MC, really don't know how good he could be or whether he has a future here

Doubt this lot will get mentioned again either as only Spalazzi is likely to have any future long term role in the side...

Here are the new ones, of a slightly higher quality than the previous selections. They will be split into 2 sections:

The goalkeepers:

Sebastian Fuchs - Leverkusen youth product that my scout recommended last Summer, and good he did as he is going to be very good GK, whether that will be with us remains to be seen given the other GKs mentioned below

Gurhan Goksu - been here 2 years and played some games last year in Serie B, has been overtaken by Mazur so not too sure what to do with him, tempted to sell to be honest as he actually has less potential than the others but maybe a loan spell would be better

Félix Mazur - oh yes, my South American scout seems to find a lot of cheap very promising GKs and this one is the best, already 2nd best at the club and has the potential to be one of the best in Serie A, U20s and backup to Aílton at the moment, that will probably continue a little while, already been called up to the Poland squad (has dodgy passport)

Stefano Santini - freebie last Summer, previously with Brescia, another with potential, a bit older than the others so will definitely be looking for a loan spell next season to see how he does, is continually improving but have a suspicion that he won't quite turn out to be good enough for us

Andrea Speciale - a pretty unheralded youth product 2 years back but this guy could be stunning, 4-star potential, already a U21 international, big Serie A clubs have never stopped sniffing around him, tempted by a loan spell but maybe he is a little young for that, if he stays here he will be in the U20s for a little while yet

The others

Jan Blaha - bought 3 years back for little money, was average when he made the odd appearance for us in Serie B and has since had 1 good and 1 average loan spell in Serie C1, my coaches think he will be very good but I am not really too sure about that, might stay here next season and if he does he might make the odd appearance

Mircea Doroftei - one of the 2 Romanians bought in January, by far the less promising of the 2 but he still has some potential, still very young so has time to improve, will probably stay here next season with maybe a loan spell afterwards

Cornel Negru - this Romanian however is already special, was bought principally as a backup with some potential for the future, in the end he played some first team games and it seems my scouts underestimated him, not only is he already playing for Romania but he has 4-star potential as well, my assitant is overjoyed with his progress in training (the first time he has ever said that about any player) and I am now very tempted to not buy a new DR and rotate him and Jazbec (and Georgiev) as the more 1st-team games he gets the better, in a couple of years he could be brilliant

Andrea Liberati - a freebie last season and has already made some 1st team appearances, went for a Serie C1 loan spell the 2nd half of the season and did OK, might go out again, otherwise he will stay in the U20s with the odd 1st team appearance, has the potential to be very very good

Christian Winther - a freebie last Summer and has promise, only played for the U20s last season but he could find himself as the 3rd choice DL next season which will inevitably mean the odd appearance, doubt he will ever be 1st choice but will be useful to have around for a little while and then sell for a profit

Rúben Jordán - maybe incorrect to put him in this category as he was actually bought to play a lot for the 1st team but he is still so young that he could be anything, rarely started but was a great sub, scoring 3 late winners, is improving all the time, not too sure how good he could become (my coaches think very good) but he will continue as 4th / 5th choice next season with maybe a few more starts

Out of those Negru, Liberati, Jordán and nearly all the GKs are going to be very good, the rest have some potential.

That's an awesome 1st season in the Serie A ghostwriter. Well done! :thup: And you beat Inter, who finished 2nd, showing some real potential already.

From what you're saying about Cornel Negru I'd make sure he's on a 5 year contract after every season. Looks like he could become world class.

Looking at your table after 17 and 38 matches I calculated that you would get 68 points if you had the form of the last 21 matches for the whole season (Yea, I'm a bit bored hehe :p). So if you can keep that form this next season could be really interesting.

Good luck! :thup:

Wow. I know most of you have probably lost interest in SO Romorantin. But the board have just announced they are building a new stadium (a second new stadium in truth) to replace the Romorantin Stadium they built me a while ago. It's going to be 65000 seats, undersoil heating and retractable roof. All the bells and whistles in other words! Should mean I can start making more money. They think it'll take a season to build, and, of course, they are calling it the Harmer Arena in honour of their greatest manager, me!

I'm happy. :)

Thanks everyone.

I'm just going to catch you up on my successes.

National - 2014 - 1

Ligue 2 - 2016, 2017 - 2

Ligue 1 - 2021,2022, 2024, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2031, 2032, 2033, 2034, 2035, 2036, 2037, 2038 - 16

French Cup - 2019, 2021, 2023, 2024, 2028, 2029, 2031, 2032, 2034, 2035, 2036 - 11

Coupe de la Ligue - 2023, 2024, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2030, 2031, 2032, 2033, 2034, 2036, 2037, 2038 - 13

Champions Trophy - 2023, 2024, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2031, 2032, 2033, 2034, 2035, 2036, 2037, 2038 - 14

Champions League - 2027, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2034, 2037, 2038 - 7

UEFA Cup - 2032 - 1

European Super Cup - 2027, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2032, 2034, 2037, 2028 - 8

Club World Championship - 2027, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2034, 2037 - 6

International

European Championships - 2032 (Spain)

World Cup - 2034 (Spain), 2038 (Brazil)

incredible first Serie A season there ghostwriter... top stuff. you could make a real push for the European spots next season.

PRDH - sounds like a real fancy ground... and named after their manager too. some domestic dominance there too.

As for Mannheim, it's been a little slower going reecently. We're at end of January and we're in a large pack at the top of the table. I reckon i might be able to get this season and maybe one more done before the new game comes out. i have been linked with the Bayern job at the end of the season and if i got offered it i might be tempted to have one bash at a big club as i'm not going to get the challenge completed before FM11.

so after watching the shambles that was the england gme tonight i thought i'd look ahead to FM11 and the options open for my next game. I had pretty much decided that i would try again with mannheim but having just checked wikipedia they have been demoted a division having had their licence withdrawn!! :( rubbish... that gives me a pretty open field in terms of my first game of FM11.....

Now that I have got to Serie A (and survived a season) I am intending to stay with FM10 and this save. To be fair, I said the same thing last year and that lasted about 2 weeks! :D If I do stay with this save, the time it will take me to complete the challenge means that there would be little point in getting FM11 so I might just miss a year. We shall see...

Anyway, I have a Summer update to write at some stage with some new signings to show off...should be up in a couple of days...

I'm also thinking about FM11. I don't know where to go. I went to Italy last year and took the mighty Domegliara far with the help of a certain Diego Pastore, and this year I've managed to take Romorantin even further in France. So where next? Spain? Portugal? Germany? Holland?

Which would you recommend? I've really enjoyed this year in France, but I'd like a change.

well i've had experience of Spain and Germany and i enjoyed them both. i have enjoyed my brief stint in Germany but i am uncertain if i will come straight back if i can't manage Mannheim... Spain was good too - taking on Barcelona and Real Madrid is fun. LLR will sing the praises of Portugal (which tempts me a bit) and as for Holland there isn't much experience of it this year due to the transitional phase with relegation from the second division. maybe with the new game it will be more straight forward?? if so Holland does tempt me a bit.

Portugal has been great to me over the last two seasons, but I feel like I have unfinished business in Italy for FM11 so I may just be heading there. Spain is another place I may head to for FM11, but let us see when the day comes.

Also I noticed that Gerald Sibon (A Player from Fafe in FM09) is now playing in the A-League for Melbourne Heart...though he is suspended for this weekends game against my Phoenix so I won't see him play for real.

Ooh you might be back in Italy.... Interesting!! Maybe i'll head back there and take you on... Seeing as you bottled the Germany head to head... ;)

On the subject of Gerald Sibon, i saw him plenty of times live when he played for Sheffield Wednesday. He was a great player for us - i'll never forget his free-kicks. he'd charge up and hit it as hard as he could! more often than not they'd finish 30 rows back in the kop! :D Legend.....

_963394_sibon150.jpg

Archived