• Deep Lying Playmaker, Support
    • Box to Box Midfielder, Support
    • Ball Winning Midfielder, Defend
    • Ball Winning Midfielder, Support
    • Others

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bought him on the second season on my 10.2 Atletico Madrid Save and he is immense! Expesive though, had to pay £15 mil for him. Playing him as a deep playmaker and after 3 months, he's already the most important player of my team.

Am looking on buying him as backup to Mascherano for £15M playing MC ball winning midielder he has 15+ in every stat needed except for agression which is 12

The only thing is he has right foot only and ive heard people say one footed players are not too good

Anyone help? thanks

One footed players are usually good, just not as good as they look. If two players had the exact same stats, the one who could use the other foot better would be the better player. That being said, I don't want a player with a 7 or 8 for his bad foot using that foot anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I have him, I just can't get the best out of him. I've tried him as an anchor man, a deep lying playmaker, a box-to-box without the long shots bar up, I've played him in plenty of roles but he just seems a bit average, he doesn't score, create or anything, he just passes it alright in the middle, but nothing outstanding. Is it him settling in in the first year or am I expecting too much?

I have him, I just can't get the best out of him. I've tried him as an anchor man, a deep lying playmaker, a box-to-box without the long shots bar up, I've played him in plenty of roles but he just seems a bit average, he doesn't score, create or anything, he just passes it alright in the middle, but nothing outstanding. Is it him settling in in the first year or am I expecting too much?

Is he having to do alot of adapting to fit into your squad, id consider this an important factor in performances/development

Is he having to do alot of adapting to fit into your squad, id consider this an important factor in performances/development

Nope. He's enjoying playing for the club and he already has Lisandro and Chiellini as his favoured personnel. He is just generally average, nothing too flash but nothing poor, he just gets on with it and never really gets better than a 7.0.

Nope. He's enjoying playing for the club and he already has Lisandro and Chiellini as his favoured personnel. He is just generally average, nothing too flash but nothing poor, he just gets on with it and never really gets better than a 7.0.

You must be doing something very wrong then! :D

I use him at DM as deep lying playmaker (support), set as team playmaker, with two ball winning midfielders ahead of him. Working ridiculously well at the moment - he generally complete 125+ passes a game, and has the highest passing complete % in the league with 92%. All that and he still has 9 assists by December, which show he does take some risks in his passes as well.

I'm also training his PPMs, 'play short passes' at the moment. Any others that would be useful? I'm trying to turn him into Xavi, except with the ability to defend really well.

Also on a sidenote, I noted his attributes, and he could also be wordclass as a centre back!

28aq2iq.jpg

Here he is in my save, as you can see, nothing special, produced literally nothing. I usually play him as a DM with the deep lying playmaker thingy, but I've also shifted him further up field as a CM and played him in that role. Not managed to have tutored yet but I may use de Jong as he's determined.

Thanks to all who helped me clearing my pictures up!

I use him at DM as deep lying playmaker (support), set as team playmaker, with two ball winning midfielders ahead of him. Working ridiculously well at the moment - he generally complete 125+ passes a game, and has the highest passing complete % in the league with 92%. All that and he still has 9 assists by December, which show he does take some risks in his passes as well.

I'm also training his PPMs, 'play short passes' at the moment. Any others that would be useful? I'm trying to turn him into Xavi, except with the ability to defend really well.

Also on a sidenote, I noted his attributes, and he could also be wordclass as a centre back!

Save corrupted :(

He was coming along so nicely as well, definitely gonna look at him though for my new save.

• 4 weeks later...

Never does much goal contribution wise for me either but always plays just over a 7 ave. rat. and whatever team I play as seems to do well with him in it, can even be part of EPL title winning teams so worth getting if you can pick him up for under 10m.

• 3 weeks later...
According to good old Ayres Albuquerque im my game (10.3) it will take a bid of at least:

July 09 - £8m

Jan 10 - £11.5m

July 10 - £11.75m

I started my game with no 1st season budgets but my board made funds available in November (I was surprised) I got him for €7.5M in Jan 10. I'm sure the budget selection at the start is influencing what happened in my game

In march 2018 he looks like this :

Sandro29.png

playing 6 seasons for me, I play him mostly at the MR position (tall wingers ftw !), but serves as 2nd DMC if Sissoko isn't available. not always in my start 11 for Juve but he's a wonderful player. I tought about making hm DC too ... has all the stats for it :D

In march 2018 he looks like this :

Sandro29.png

playing 6 seasons for me, I play him mostly at the MR position (tall wingers ftw !), but serves as 2nd DMC if Sissoko isn't available. not always in my start 11 for Juve but he's a wonderful player. I tought about making hm DC too ... has all the stats for it :D

Is that on 10.3?

Am I the only one with his foot as right appose to right only :confused:

Playing him in my Ajax team as Deep Lying Playmaker along with a Ball Winning Midfielder. He is set as playmaker at team settings also. Which PPM do you recommend for him? Have been wondering about "Plays short simple passes", but will that force him to reduce through balls?

Here is his instructions:

sandro.png

Not not really. It won't affect him attempting to play through ball, but it will just mean that he would try intricate balls in the middle instead of trying to pick out a long pass to a striker or winger. Typical playmakers, such as Xavi, Xabi and Pirlo, make most of their passes 5-10 yards to a teammate, and then that gives them opportunity to pick out the killer ball when its on.

Archived