FM10: Backroom Staff Thread

bawbag the gr8

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do recommend Marco Rota, who starts the game as an Italian regen. Asks for little if you want him as a coach, but significantly more as an assistant manager, but has the right stats. Only has 1 stat under 11 (goalkeepers 4) and overall he is a very well rounded coach.

A search for him on google either brings up the disney cartoonist, or adding football coach next to his name brings up a bunch of fm related topics, so can't find any real info on him irl.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are looking exclusively for an assman and wouldnt mind him being a drab coach then i would recommend Werner Kern (FC Bayern) .

IMO he has the perfect stats for an assman.

Man Management 20

Working with youngsters 19

Determination 14

Adaptability 15

JPA 20

JPP 20

Discipline 17

Motivation 18

Tactical Knowledge 17

Signed for Man Utd at 7k pounds in second season.. 1 mill compensation

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help me out? Need 3 mediocre coaches for Portsmouth. 3 n half star will be fine, 4 star would be added bonus :)

Tactics, Attacking & Set Peices.

They really need to be free, or I don't have to pay compensation. :thup:

Name: Jon Andoni Goikoetxea

Nationality: Spanish with a few caps to his name.

Starting Club: Free Agent

Role: Assistant Manager or can be offered job as coach.

Key Stats: Man Management 19, Working With Youth 17, Motivating 19, Discipline 18, Tac Knowledge 17, Determination 18, JPA 14, JPP 15

Club signed for: Gillingham

Wages: I got him on £500 a week.

Name: Jon Andoni Goikoetxea

Nationality: Spanish with a few caps to his name.

Starting Club: Free Agent

Role: Assistant Manager or can be offered job as coach.

Key Stats: Man Management 19, Working With Youth 17, Motivating 19, Discipline 18, Tac Knowledge 17, Determination 18, JPA 14, JPP 15

Club signed for: Gillingham

Wages: I got him on £500 a week.

He can fluctuate from save to save though. On my Granada CF save, I've got him and his attributes are pretty much the same as above, if not higher in some areas.

Just started a Man Utd save, went for a look at him and his best attributes are all 2 or 3 points lower across the board.

I'll list some of my coaches for my Lyon side. I'm not sure on wages for any of them as I've since offered them new deals so that they're all on similar wages, because I'm OCD like that :)

Also I don't know if they'll be the same in everyone's games, based on experience they seem to fluctuate.

Name: Robertinho

Nationality: Brazilian

Starting Club: Free agent

Role: Quality assistant manager, also a 4 star defending and tactics coach

Key Stats: Tactical knowledge 19, man management 18, jpa 20, jpp 19, d-d-m 17-16-14

Name: Sonny Anderson

Starting Club: Olympique Lyonnais

Role: 4 and half star attacking coach

Key Stats: Attacking 20, tactical 16

Name: Luiz Fernando Flores

Starting Club: Cruzeiro

Role: 4 and a half star set pieces, shooting, attacking, ball control and tactics coach.

Key Stats: d-d-m 16-18-16, attacking 18, technical 17, working with youngsters 16

Name: Fabio Mahseredjian

Starting Club: Internacional

Role: 5 star fitness coach, I'm sure would be 4 and half star in other things as well, but I can't check.

Key Stats: Working with youngsters 18, d-d-m 18-18-18, fitness 18

Name: Paulo Cesar Batista dos Santos

Starting Club: Cruzeira

Role: 5 star tactics and defending

Key Stats: Defending and tactical 19, d-d-m 17-18-17, youngsters 17

Name: Alexandre Grasseli

Nationality: Brazilian (starting to see a pattern?)

Starting Club: Cruzeiro

Role: 4 and half star ball control and shooting coach, 4 star set pieces and attacking coach

Key Stats: d-d-m 18-18-16, youngsters 18, technical 19, attacking 17

Name: Oscar Rodriguez

Nationality: Brazilian (sigh)

Starting Club: Cruzeiro (again)

Role: 4 and half star goalkeeping coach

Key Stats: Goalkeepers 19, d-d-m 16-19-16

Name: Cassiano Luis

Starting Club: Palmeiras

Role: 5 star fitness coach

Key Stats: Fitness 20, d-d-m 15-14-16

Name: Marcel Lucassen

Nationality: Dutch (:eek:)

Starting Club: Hoffenheim

Role: 4 and a half star ball control coach, 4 star shooting and set pieces coach

Key Stats: Mental 20, technical 20

They're the best ones, but no guarantee they'll be on your game, particularly if you haven't got the Brazilian league loaded to some depth.

half the people in this thread are not on my save and the other half refuse to sign no matter what i offer them playing as liverpool.

As Liverpool, you have an excellent Attacking coach already at the club as a scout: Dalglish.

Enough with the player threads! Time for a Staff thread!

I present you this golden find:

59ya2f.png

Looks great! I am going to try to go for him.

I know some people will direct me to the Staff thread, but IMO he is good enough to deserve his own individual thread! (Just like players can have their own thread without being demanded to put it in the "Good X Thread" )

good find ! gunna try get him for Burnley :D

Good luck, cannot see it happening! (Feel free to prove me wrong) I tried getting this guy with Spurs, he is 1 of very VERY few that have 4 and a half stars for Attacking.

Was pretty sure this guy was very well known?

Brazil is completely full of amazing coaches! I scanned that place as soon as FM came out!

polska, you should of just made a 'Brazilian Staff Thread' instead :thup: You could of easily filled it, would of saved keep making more threads as well! :)

I found something funny, He is also a Physio, and I can sign him as a Physio easily!

Once he signs as a Physio, i'll ask if he wants to renew his contract but as a coach! :p

x-post with Tyoldinho, Do you want to? :p I could do that and get Hopey to moev my threads!

He can fluctuate from save to save though. On my Granada CF save, I've got him and his attributes are pretty much the same as above, if not higher in some areas.

Just started a Man Utd save, went for a look at him and his best attributes are all 2 or 3 points lower across the board.

That sounds rather complicated :o

Hi, this might sound a bit stupid, but where do you find your staffs star rating?

I've read people asking for a 3 star or 4 star coach etc.

I have taken over a new team and i am currently checking through my staff but i can't find any stars rating for my staff.

If i click the 'report tab' which is where you would find the stars rating for players(out of 5 stars) but this is not there on the 'reports tab' for staff.

Plus when searching for staff i can't see anystars, the only thing i can find is

'Views- Coaching attributes, Mental attributes.

I can't find anything about how to get the stars? :)

Barkermush - click on the 'Training' icon on your home page then the 'Coaches' screen. You will then be able to allocate each coach a training category i.e. goalkeeping, tactics, set pieces etc - the game then gives your coach a rating out of 5 for whatever training category you choose to allocate to him.

Here's a pic showing Bats' star rating in the goalkeeping category for instance:

Untitled-1.jpg

Barkermush - click on the 'Training' icon on your home page then the 'Coaches' screen. You will then be able to allocate each coach a training category i.e. goalkeeping, tactics, set pieces etc - the game then gives your coach a rating out of 5 for whatever training category you choose to allocate to him.

Here's a pic showing Bats' star rating in the goalkeeping category for instance:

Untitled-1.jpg

Ah i see, thanks for the help. :thup:

Archived