No league defeats in 2.5 seasons

I've been playing with Celtic and I have to say the game is proving to be very easy. I won the treble in my first season. Treble in second season (with no league defeats), double in third season (no league defeats)...and wait for it...the Champions league. I'm half way through my fourth season and I have so far won the super cup and yet again no league defeats. Am I just too tactically astute...is the Scottiah League to easy (bearing in mind I won the Champions League) or is the game too easy. Anybody had anything similar? Discuss.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dont save after every match, that sort the problem out;)

what if he gets a crashdump after not saving ? That will wreck all his hard work of reloading the game 25 times in the last 15 minutes

I've been playing with Celtic and I have to say the game is proving to be very easy. I won the treble in my first season. Treble in second season (with no league defeats), double in third season (no league defeats)...and wait for it...the Champions league. I'm half way through my fourth season and I have so far won the super cup and yet again no league defeats. Am I just too tactically astute...is the Scottiah League to easy (bearing in mind I won the Champions League) or is the game too easy. Anybody had anything similar? Discuss.

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, you're too tactically astute. We salute you, lead us into the promised land oh great one!

2. Yes, the Scottish league is too easy. I could play for Inverness Caledonia Thistle.

3. If you won the Champions league with Celtic in your first or second season, you probably cheated. Stop doing it, it's a filthy habit.

Try winning the league with Cally Thistle instead.

GK, Craig Gordon, Logan Bailey

DL, Steven Hamill

DR, Andres Hinkel

DC, Martin Cahais, Gary Caldwell

Ml. Angle Di Martin

MR, Scot Brown

MC. Georgi Willidrium, Nialls

ST, Roberto Soldado, Marquinos

Spelling is shocking..I know. At work just now so will upload some pics tonight.

That was my first team for the last two full seasons. Just sold Soldado (15 million) and bought a barrel load of regens and Diaby from Arsenal.

Baker.Simon your not funny in the slightlest. Give the dude a chance...he may not be lieing, if his tactic is great then fair play too him and i can realisticly imagine the record of unbeaten in that long for SPL as someone already said...who challenges that much?and he won champs league so tactic must be great!

give him a chance eh guys :D

You can't expect to come on a forum and brag and not get any stick. He may be the greatest FM player the world has yet seen but you've got to expect an element of skepticism on here. There probably isn't a player on here who doesn't know how to exploit elements of the game and what cheats work. Remember, you can't sh*t a sh*tter!

i cant download it. what do you do after you click on the link? it takes me to a page of megaupload. do i have to join them before downloading?

has anyone seen the tactics? If they are good i could do with them as i would like to go 2.5 seasons unbeaten with Rangers. saying that then having not created them myself it is kind of cheating isnt it.

I just tried the tactic for Sunderland and beat At. Madrid 4-1 at home its very very attacking and seems to flood the oppositions half. I think he could go unbeaten in the league with this tactic as it cretes alot of chances.

A lot of people say the opposite, that they can't win a game. Guess it's different for everyone.

I once went two seasons unbeaten with FM08 but that was before I realised my corner tactic was an exploit of the ME (or "cheating" as it's known). My newgen ST with 18 for heading and jumping was the guy challenging the keeper so it wasn't CBs getting all the goals, hence why I didn't notice until I saw all the yelling on the forums.

The corner cheat still works albeit to a lesser degree. Silky, do you have a good header of the ball challenging the keeper at corners, with delivery to 6-yard box? Might explain a certain amount of success without realising it's a weakness in the match engine.

(NB, someone from SI said they can't get rid of it completely without rewriting the entire ME; each little fix with corners has a huge knock-on effect elsewhere).

To be honest I score very few goals from corners. I seem to get a lot of penalties and free kicks which result in goals. The Bruins guy in CM has great set piece and penalty stats...he usually scores 20 + in a season. I wouldn't say my strikers are prolific (about 25 goals each a season)..but they do score some crackers from long range and a few headers from crosses.

On the last few FM's I used to set individual instructions. I tried this on the FM demo but was getting nowhere. I now only do individual instuctions for my strikers and wingers...but only slightly above the universal team instructions.

Won the Champions league on Penalties. Was one nil done then Inter had a player sent off...i got a penalty which Bruins converted...then changed the overall instructions on my tactics to closing down all over the pitch, hard tackling and then set my defensive line to deep and just rode my luck.

i've played about 12/13 Prem games, and i'm unbeaten so far. Although i've drawn about 5/6 games. My home form is great, but i can't hang onto leads away from home. Managed to draw 2-2 with Arsenal at the emirates with was my biggest achievement so far. My point here is, it probably can be done, but i find it very hard to believe. I lost to Reading in the League cup.....you do the math.

Silky1013 - This tactic of yours seems pretty good using it with Sunderland have had some good results my team is pretty good as I am in the 5th season. This tactic seems to create alot of clearcut chances in every game might need a bit of tweaking defensively but it has helped my team alot so far. We seem to be playing alot better flowing attacking football. Nice one dude.

The only real way of proving that you have been unbeaten for 3 years is to post a screen shot of the records page as that shows how many games you have gone with out losing. Still.. Champions League in the first season seems a bit odd for Celtic. Scottish teams are crap.

Its possible to go unbeaten in any league with the right team and some luck. In FM 08 I was unbeaten as Notts Forest for 62 games (in the prem 2014-). By that time the prem was super competitive aswell, but away to my rivals we could go 2-0 down with 10 mins left and I knew we'd come back, I always suspect that at the beggining of a season you get a RNG roll and thats the basis for what sort of 'luck' you will get.

Silky1013 - This tactic of yours seems pretty good using it with Sunderland have had some good results my team is pretty good as I am in the 5th season. This tactic seems to create alot of clearcut chances in every game might need a bit of tweaking defensively but it has helped my team alot so far. We seem to be playing alot better flowing attacking football. Nice one dude.

Cheers mate. I'm glad you have tried it out and are not as cynical than most folk on here.

so where are these screenshots you promised us ? It's 10:12pm in England right now and still no screenshots. I still wont believe you until these screenshots appear. Finance screen would be 1 I am most eagily looking forward to seeing.

Archived