Arsenal is way too powerful

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arsenal, the team who not so long ago went a whole season undefeated in the Premier League :)

They're just a damn good team.

I'm a Liverpool fanatic by the way.

And in the following season Chelski only had 1 defeat and 95 (!) points. In my game Arsenal always wins the EPL. Someday Ill use an EPL club just to stop this crap :p

Arsenal, the team who not so long ago went a whole season undefeated in the Premier League :)

That was, what, four years ago? Only one or two of the 'Unbeatables' are still in the team, and they're Toure and someone else that I can't remember.

Arsenal are way too good on the game. Simple as that. Win the league probably 7 or 8 times out of 10.

Chelsea are slightly under-rated, United are slightly over-rated, and Liverpool are definitely under-rated.

They are amazingly good, not just on 09 but also on 08. Adebayor always scores headers and they're quick on the counter and hard to close down.

I'm a Liverpool fanatic by the way.

It's 4 years ago, and it's a TOTALLY different Arsenal. You can not find any player in the present arsenal.

It's 4 years ago, and it's a TOTALLY different Arsenal. You can not find any player in the present arsenal.

So 4 years ago they go an entire season undefeated and now it is totaly unrealistic for them to lose only two games in a season ?

I understand there are different players, but they still have the same manager and in the game they are quite correctly a force to be reckoned with.:)

So 4 years ago they go an entire season undefeated and now it is totaly unrealistic for them to lose only two games in a season ?

I understand there are different players, but they still have the same manager and in the game they are quite correctly a force to be reckoned with.:)

Ok, so Chelsea got more points than Arsenal's unbeaten seaon. Manchester United won the double last year, which Arsenal never achieved. WHY they are weaker than Arsenal?

The current Arsenal didn't win any major trophy after 03-04, there is NO reason to make them the best of 4 Enlgish major clubs.

Future FMs should put more emphasis on experience, age and tenacity. Arsenal did really well last season, this season they've lost out due to losing Flamini's tenacity, Gilberto's experience and Hleb's skill, and not replacing them. Also Gallas' lack of tenacity but being made captain, simply because there was no-one else old enough, says it all.

Wenger's stubborness is the major factor, but those are the reasons that stemmed from his stubborness.

In terms of research, I don't know how we can complain though. They were the third best team in the league last season, and so their abilities for this installment of FM is 3rd best in the league. By players abilities, Man Utd and Chelsea are still superior. I think it's just the fact that AW the AI manager is extremely good at running his club.

Should we complain about how Hull is under-rated as well?

The researchers can only base their input on last season. And last season, Arsenal was the 3rd best team. This is a FACT in FM as well. You can't blame the researcher for over-rating ARsenal because he didn't. I just think that the way Arsene Wenger the AI manager play his team happens to be very effective in FM ME.

In terms of research, I don't know how we can complain though. They were the third best team in the league last season, and so their abilities for this installment of FM is 3rd best in the league. By players abilities, Man Utd and Chelsea are still superior. I think it's just the fact that AW the AI manager is extremely good at running his club.

Should we complain about how Hull is under-rated as well?

The researchers can only base their input on last season. And last season, Arsenal was the 3rd best team. This is a FACT in FM as well. You can't blame the researcher for over-rating ARsenal because he didn't. I just think that the way Arsene Wenger the AI manager play his team happens to be very effective in FM ME.

They are the 3rd best is NOT the reason to make them THE BEST ENGLIGH TEAM in the game. Remember last reason all other threes reached ECC semi final, MU and Chelsea met in the final and they still got more points than Arsenal. This seaon they lost a few key players and did worse in the league but we didn't see they become weaker in the game.

Someone was asking about the score of Chelsea-Arsenal game a few posts above, while the scoreline was 1-0. I wonder why no one has talked about that game since then :)

Arsenal are a very good team, it is not surprising that they usually win EPL or finish in the top two in FM09. Yet, I believe the main reason the team can not live up to its potential in real life is the injuries. A full-strength Arsenal squad can beat any team, anywhere, anytime.

Someone was asking about the score of Chelsea-Arsenal game a few posts above, while the scoreline was 1-0. I wonder why no one has talked about that game since then :)

Arsenal are a very good team, it is not surprising that they usually win EPL or finish in the top two in FM09. Yet, I believe the main reason the team can not live up to its potential in real life is the injuries. A full-strength Arsenal squad can beat any team, anywhere, anytime.

Other teams also suffer injuries, why are they able to win the trophy?

Man united are current European and English champions, Chelsea are runners up in both

Yet on FM09 Arsenal are stronger than both of them. Why? Because they have a few kids with potential? Get a grip. They are making United and Chelsea look average on FM despite achieving less than them in recent years

totally in agreement with you guys , its a little bit destroying the fun in my game because they are so powerful, you would think si games testers would have of noticed the imbalance of power in the game, they were too powerful in 08 as well , theres a blatant bias with the programmers with arsenal , would love them to answer this thread and tell us why they keep on making arsenal the best team in the world. not much chance of that happening i suppose. si games sort this nonsense out pleaser in the next patch

Yeah my 1st season as just finished i am currently unemployed, But keeping an eye on Prem league whilst waiting for a new job,

Arsenal won the league cup,They have just won the league,the champions league final beating Man Utd and they beat Sunderland 2-1 in the Fa Cup final.

What a season lol

They are the 3rd best is NOT the reason to make them THE BEST ENGLIGH TEAM in the game. Remember last reason all other threes reached ECC semi final, MU and Chelsea met in the final and they still got more points than Arsenal. This seaon they lost a few key players and did worse in the league but we didn't see they become weaker in the game.

What makes you think they are the best in the game? If you look at their CA/PA, Arsenal's squad is not that good. With the 9.1 update, there's only 3 players above 170 CA. Chelsea has 9, ManU has 9 and Liverpool has 4.

If anything, Arsenal's youth team is under-rated as most are around 100 CA. They easily beat Wigan first XI whose average is around 140 CA.

What makes you think they are the best in the game? If you look at their CA/PA, Arsenal's squad is not that good. With the 9.1 update, there's only 3 players above 170 CA. Chelsea has 9, ManU has 9 and Liverpool has 4.

If anything, Arsenal's youth team is under-rated as most are around 100 CA. They easily beat Wigan first XI whose average is around 140 CA.

We don't look at CA/PA to decide a team's good or not, we look at their performance, is FM 09's MU, Chelsea or Liverpool able to win 100 points so often, lose so few games in the league and did so well in ECC like them?

We don't look at CA/PA to decide a team's good or not, we look at their performance, is FM 09's MU, Chelsea or Liverpool able to win 100 points so often, lose so few games in the league and did so well in ECC like them?

Oh, I see. So Arsenal did good in your one specific game so they must be over-rated.

What do you propose to correct this? Lower their CA? ...oh wait, it's already low.

no SIN8 we just want a bit of less bias with arsenal, the fact that loads of people are unhappy about arsenal being too powerful on this forum isnt a coincidence. do you really beleive arsenal would do the triple 2 times in a row and win the league 5 times in a row, ? netheir do i

they didnt do the triple, i sort of remembering it being man utd.

You have a terrible memory.

Anyway, I think the problem is down to short passing styles being too effective in FM. IRL, 9 times out of 10 the team playing with faster tempo will win as it's easier to play. However, in FM, short, slow football (what Arsenal play) is deadly. Now Arsenal win IRL because they are good at playing short-passing football, but they often draw because they just don't shoot often enough. The ME doesn't recognise this, and the players are more likely to shoot. Also, because of the slow tempo, shots aren't as rushed and chances are better. Result? Arsenal winning a lot.

no SIN8 we just want a bit of less bias with arsenal, the fact that loads of people are unhappy about arsenal being too powerful on this forum isnt a coincidence. do you really beleive arsenal would do the triple 2 times in a row and win the league 5 times in a row, ? netheir do i

So besides a couple of personal savegames, what other evidence of bias is there?

Arsenal have lowest CA out of big 4. FACT

Arsenal has less money than Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool. FACT

Where is the concrete evidence of this supposed bias?

"SIN8"

Ask people who play the game, arsenal are the best team in the world, how do arsenal do in your game , what season are you on and what has arsenal won on your game. if arsenal werent so powerful there wouldnt be this topic in the threads, im clearly not the only one.

Its funny i should stumble across this thread.

I'm Man Utd, Got beat 4-0 in first prem game against them. (Gutted)

Then i get drawn against them in CL Semi-Final. :(

Lost first leg at OT 4-0 to arsenal.

It looks like i'll have to give up on europe this season.(First season into my game)

If that wasn't enough, i've got to play them in the second leg and then again in the league the following fixture.

Their already 5 points clear in the league with 4 games left to go.

This is going to kill squad morale.

Oh Well, The life of a football manager.....

Well I dont find their players that good... I just find weird that they win so much (4-0 against Man Utd and Chelsea?!) vs AI teams.

At least in my games it only works vs AI teams since I beat them as Porto twice (one of them 3-0 at Emirates).

Archived