Football Manager 09 Demo

As I have never played an FM demo, can you please tell me what you will be able to do on the FM 09 demo?

Cheers

Its like the normal game BUT it only lasts for 6 months, so when December 31 2008 comes on the game for FM2009 the game won't progress any more. You'll either have to start again or buy the whole game.

Its like the normal game BUT it only lasts for 6 months, so when December 31 2008 comes on the game for FM2009 the game won't progress any more. You'll either have to start again or buy the whole game.

Believe me, I'll be buying the whole game! Cheers, :thup:

If previous demos are anything to go by then there are 2 variants, Vanilla and Strawberry.

Vanilla was the basic game and a relatively small download, Strawberry included all of the player and club graphics and so was a larger download.

There were a number of quickstarts availble for the demo which IIRC could be download separately to try the demo in different leagues.

You should be able to carry on with your demo game in the full game, but the quickstart usually involve a Small database and so not a huge number of players.

I don't know if the FM09 demo will include the 3D view of the match engine, perhaps that will be included with the Starberry version.

IIRC there's sometimes one or two minor features left off the demo but for all intents and purposes the game is not far from what you'll get in November....

Just out of interest, if the demo runs okay on my laptop, would it be fair to assume the full version would also - even after a few seasons? I'm terrified my system won't be able to handle the full game - terrified as it'll be the first time in 10 years I can't play the game on release day if this is the case!!!

Just out of interest, if the demo runs okay on my laptop, would it be fair to assume the full version would also - even after a few seasons? I'm terrified my system won't be able to handle the full game - terrified as it'll be the first time in 10 years I can't play the game on release day if this is the case!!!

AFAIK yes, but you may have to limit the number of leagues played and the database size to suit your laptop.

IIRC there's sometimes one or two minor features left off the demo but for all intents and purposes the game is not far from what you'll get in November....

The 'Gold' demo is the same game you will get in the full release.

Thats how it has been in the past and almost certainly going to be the same for FM09.

Thanks for the response because i wasn't 100% sure because I've never actually continued a demo game because I always like to start from scratch.

• SI Staff
Any chance of an Exact date yet? Or can i get a link to where the exact link will be publishied?

There is no exact date yet and I doubt there will be until nearer the time.

Once the game has gone gold we'll prepare the demo and release it when it is ready to be released. Any information will be available on these forums.

Does anyone know if you'll be able to network the demo? Ive never tried it before. Ive only done a network game at work but now me and a few friends are going to do a game over the internet but arnt relly sure how to det it up. I think the demo would be a nice learning stage. Anyone know if this is possible?

Oh come on guys...

Why the hell would you want a WOMAN anywhere near you on demo release day?

What if she offered sex?

That's valuable FM time you'd be forced to give up.

edit: Women FMers are only allowed near if the demo includes hotseat and she's willing to play as you do it.

Oh come on guys...

What if she offered sex?

edit: Women FMers are only allowed near if the demo includes hotseat and she's willing to play as you do it.

You wouldn't have to give up valuable FM time as you could do it when the demo is downloading and installing. ;)

is there an estimated release date?

Anyway, back on topic. :D SI haven't given out any hint towards a release date for the demo but most people expect it 2 or 3 weeks before the game's release date.

I'm pretty sure that if you start a game with the demo you will be able to continue it on the full release. Someone can correct me if i'm wrong.

Yes, but if it's anything like '08 then the resulting game will contain some bugs which when you report, SI will accuse you of piracy.

Yes, but if it's anything like '08 then the resulting game will contain some bugs which when you report, SI will accuse you of piracy.

Are we seriously starting to assume what bugs might be in FM09, before even trying it :rolleyes: I knew these forums were bad at times, but come on :p

There is no exact date yet and I doubt there will be until nearer the time.

Once the game has gone gold we'll prepare the demo and release it when it is ready to be released. Any information will be available on these forums.

Just seen this. Cheers dude. Feel free to delete my recent thread

When did this happen then, and how? Hell of a statement to make - SI usually welcome bug reports, and have dedicated forums for them.

Oh come on guys...

What if she offered sex?

Well basically u sit down on ur FM chair. She gets on top, starts doing wat you want. Move one hand around her onto the mouse. You head over the shoulder so you can see FM and the other hand round to the keyboard. AND wolla. Playing FM and giving a supermodel the works at the same time. :D

Archived