FM10: Sergio Canales

big_bob

Canales profile in real life

normal.jpg

Sergio Canales Madrazo (born 16 February 1991 in Valdenoja, Santander, Cantabria) is a Spanish footballer who currently plays for Racing de Santander, as a midfielder.

A product of hometown Racing de Santander's youth ranks, Canales was bought by Deportivo de La Coruña - 50% of the player's rights - in 2006, as part of the deal which saw Pedro Munitis return to Cantabria. Dudu Aouate and Antonio Tomás were also involved, in the opposite direction.

On 18 September 2008, he made his first team debuts with Racing, playing in a UEFA Cup home tie against FC Honka of Finland (1–0 win). Roughly two weeks later, he first appeared in the league, at CA Osasuna.

Canales profile in FM10

fm2009121821300375.jpg

Sergio Canales has some fantastic stats for a 18 year old. He's very strong in the technical and mental stats but lacks the physical power. He could be trained to improve those stats to become a complete attacking midfielder. After the 10.2 patch his potential ability is much higher so expect him to become a world class midfielder in the future. He's quite cheap at the start of the game, you can buy him with only 4,5m euro so don't waste your money on other targets. Here you've got one of the most promissing talents of the game.

Here's Sergio Canales in 10.3 patch. A massive improvement over 10.2, but his physical stats are still poor

fm2010030219555314.jpg

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

canales.jpg

This is him in the second season on my game. I've not managed to get him tutored yet and he arrived with quite a serious injury, as you can see, I basically had to play his pre-season during my season so he got a lot of bench games. He's competing with SWP, Turan and Wilshere on the right hand side so he isn't quite a regular, but I do like to give him chances and he's excellent at cutting in and playing through balls.

He's improved a little since he arrived but he spent last season in the Madrid U-19's which is well below his level. I'm hoping to get him tutored by somebody like Tevez or maybe Zhirkov if I can train Canales to a AML.

Those none-competitive games are reserves by the way.

Bought him for 2mil!! in second season to my hoffenheim side,used him only in friendly matches so far and he scored a couple beautiful goals,i think he is gonna be the bargain of the year.But it think his physical stats are a little bit underrated in the game expecially his acceleration

Also you should watch his goals against sevilla(IRL),man he is going to be huge

he is pretty good in the 10.2 patch , didn't notice him before that :)

i don't now if this is supposed to happen but he was actually available on a free transfer in the third season in my game . didn't sign him however as i thought that was probably a bug , and didn't feel like exploiting it :(

he is pretty good in the 10.2 patch , didn't notice him before that :)

i don't now if this is supposed to happen but he was actually available on a free transfer in the third season in my game . didn't sign him however as i thought that was probably a bug , and didn't feel like exploiting it :(

Not a bug mate, his club just didnt offer him a new contract. Alot of quality players leave their clubs on free's in FM this year.

Irl he has his pick of most of europes top clubs as his contract may expire in the summer. Racing say there is a clause in the contract that if he plays 400 odd minutes of football this season then the contact auto extends. Eiether way watch out for the 10.3 patch he will be the next Torres.

• 1 month later...

Absolutely unbelievable at the start on patch 10.3. Not only is he a

but look at his starting stats.

6SergioCanales.png

His starting CA is

so he starts off unbelievable. It's just such a shame that he's been bought by Real Madrid. :mad: Might just have to be editing that.....:p

um... watch Racing play and he is much more a forward player than an attacking mid. £10 says in patch 10.3 his position changes to forward centre or at least am/f

You owe me £10!

Archived