FM10: Sergio Canales

big_bob

Holy crap man?! Is that on 10.3? That is insance.. looks like FM's greatest ever player?! (okay he is not, but first thought in my head :p)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If only those physical stats were better...........then he would be the ultimate player. :cool:

Definitely! It is the only thing letting him down in that screenshot :(

Ha ha, one of the first things i looked at on patch 10.3 when i got it tonight. Cant believe my tired eyes. £10 all round guys.

I expect £10 in my bank within 24 hours :cool:

Canales is destroying pre-season football on mine :eek:

It will be difficult to prize him away because:

-He just joined Madrid, and will have no interest to move anywhere else.

-It's Madrid, you will have to cough up a whole lot of cash and rightly so the kid is a star.

What I done with Man Utd:

Just got on him on a season long loan, 3.1mil upfront, paying 100% of his wages and a future fee of 24.5mil. Now hopefully during his one year at the theater of dreams he hopefully sees the light and agrees to join me. :)

Canales in 10.3 is ridiculous. How can an 18 year old who plays his first regular season in the Spanish League have such a high CA? Is it because he joins Real Madrid? Bad research.

Sarcasm? or the most ridiculous post ever?

I think the PA is ok. He has potential. But the CA is too high for a player who only made 8 games from the beginning in Primera Division at a mediocre club. Overhyped imo.

And now tell me why you think my post is so ridiculous, zebanumut?

Canales in 10.3 is ridiculous. How can an 18 year old who plays his first regular season in the Spanish League have such a high CA? Is it because he joins Real Madrid? Bad research.

You should watch him play, hes quite a talent.

I actually have to agree with Encatuse.

The researchers have been preaching about how consistency is key to defining a player's abilities. Yet we have this kid, who have only just had his first real season for a mid-table club in Spain, getting a 140 CA? That's a first-teamer ability for many good European sides. No one's complaining about his potential because we can all see he's got talent. But seriously, how many 18 year olds do you know are capable of playing as first-teamer for a good European side because that's what 140 CA is.

I actually have to agree with Encatuse.

The researchers have been preaching about how consistency is key to defining a player's abilities. Yet we have this kid, who have only just had his first real season for a mid-table club in Spain, getting a 140 CA? That's a first-teamer ability for many good European sides. No one's complaining about his potential because we can all see he's got talent. But seriously, how many 18 year olds do you know are capable of playing as first-teamer for a good European side because that's what 140 CA is.

I think his CA is a bit too high but he could fit in well with mid-low table sides. I mean of course La Liga suites his playing style very well but I think he could go to Italy and do well for the mid-low table sides (I only picked Italy because I didn't want to pick a more physical league like the Premiership due to his poor physical stats).

I'm in 2012 and have just signed him from real and in the first 10 games he's got 16 goals :D even tho he not very strong or quick he is amazing and is out scoring everybody I paid £55 million for him which I think is a bargain the way he's playing. I'm also playing muniain up front with him and both are unbelievable together

I actually agree. If Canales can go from being a no name to a superstar in the space between patches then surely the likes of Abou Diaby, Alex Song and Thomas Vermaelen, who have been consistantly good at a much higher level should be given some sort of upgrade.

I actually agree. If Canales can go from being a no name to a superstar in the space between patches then surely the likes of Abou Diaby, Alex Song and Thomas Vermaelen, who have been consistantly good at a much higher level should be given some sort of upgrade.

Fella, don't kid yourself. Diaby and Song are average players yet they've been playing at the top for years. Three or four years ago then yeah, they'd have had high potential, but they are average players now so their PA/CA doesn't need to be high.

Vermaelen is a good player, overhyped by his goalscoring as he isn't that great a defender, although his speed and agility are massively underrated.

Fella, don't kid yourself. Diaby and Song are average players yet they've been playing at the top for years. Three or four years ago then yeah, they'd have had high potential, but they are average players now so their PA/CA doesn't need to be high.

Vermaelen is a good player, overhyped by his goalscoring as he isn't that great a defender, although his speed and agility are massively underrated.

another guy who talks utter f ing trash!! people in league one are average players mate im an average player!! diaby song and vermalen are playing for one of the biggest teams in the world on a regualr basis few points off top of the league still in champions league and all play for their country on a regular basis except for diaby!! jog on

another guy who talks utter f ing trash!! people in league one are average players mate im an average player!! diaby song and vermalen are playing for one of the biggest teams in the world on a regualr basis few points off top of the league still in champions league and all play for their country on a regular basis except for diaby!! jog on

I never realized Belgium and Cameroon had a wealth of competition in central defence and midfield.

League 1 players aren't even considered in these arguments, when we talk about the top, top players, which we are talking about, Diaby and Song don't come near that, nowhere near, whilst Vermaelen has had a good season, Arsenal's defence hasn't improved that much. He's scored a few goals, but he wasn't bought for that. As I said, put Vermaelen's speed and agility up, but things like positioning and anticipation don't need to be so high, he isn't a great defender, you're lying to yourself if you think otherwise.

You've been watching the same Vermaelen everyone else has been watching right? And there is some competition in central defense with the likes of Van Buyten (who is in great form), Kompany, and Lombaerts but nice try trying to discredit Vermaelen's achievements because of the NT he plays on /sarcasm

This is the wrong place for this discussion so I'll stop.

I never realized Belgium and Cameroon had a wealth of competition in central defence and midfield.

League 1 players aren't even considered in these arguments, when we talk about the top, top players, which we are talking about, Diaby and Song don't come near that, nowhere near, whilst Vermaelen has had a good season, Arsenal's defence hasn't improved that much. He's scored a few goals, but he wasn't bought for that. As I said, put Vermaelen's speed and agility up, but things like positioning and anticipation don't need to be so high, he isn't a great defender, you're lying to yourself if you think otherwise.

you want vermaleen stats to go down!! hes the captain of belgium hes 23 playing regulary and playing well! what else more can he do, he playing better than joht terry at the moment so why does john terry currently have higher attributes? becasue class is perminent form is only temporary, vermallen is a better player than you think

Infractionssssssss, anyone?

Wouldn't worry about the little child mate, jackwilshere like most gooners I know, knows very little about football. His posting is always abusive and appears to be written by a 5 year old. Just hit the report button though anyway.

jackwilshere you should really learn some manners, grammar etc before coming out to play with the adults.

Yep, cool. So, Sergio Canales anyone? ;)

Indeed. Along with my earlier comments on him (before 10.3) I still think he's a little too good now, but undoubtedly the boy has potential and I will be looking to get hold of him in one of my saves. Only issue is going to be getting him off Madrid!

I'm new at this forum, I've been reading to a few player threads, and I'd like to ask what people mean when they talk about a player's PA and/or CA? I have no idea what that's about... :o

Btw, I'm in my first season at Man City, still using the 10.2 patch, signed Canales for €2,3 million.

I'm new at this forum, I've been reading to a few player threads, and I'd like to ask what people mean when they talk about a player's PA and/or CA? I have no idea what that's about... :o

Btw, I'm in my first season at Man City, still using the 10.2 patch, signed Canales for €2,3 million.

get 10.3, then start a new save, play 1 season, then spend all your budget to get him :D

Ok now CA means Current Ability while PA means Potential Ability and PA is always > CA or they can be the same for some players at the start of the game..Until now i havent seen any player who reaches their exact peak PA, always a point behind

get 10.3, then start a new save, play 1 season, then spend all your budget to get him :D

Ok now CA means Current Ability while PA means Potential Ability and PA is always > CA or they can be the same for some players at the start of the game..Until now i havent seen any player who reaches their exact peak PA, always a point behind

LOL, will do just that after I'm done with this save :D

OK, thanks for clearing that up for me! But now I'm wondering that in some posts, I've seen talks about players who have a PA of -9 or -10 :confused: Does that mean that they will become worse? :eek:

LOL, will do just that after I'm done with this save :D

OK, thanks for clearing that up for me! But now I'm wondering that in some posts, I've seen talks about players who have a PA of -9 or -10 :confused: Does that mean that they will become worse? :eek:

A negative PA means they have a random PA within a range, -9 have a range within 150-180 while -10 means their range is 170-200...200 being the highest PA n the game, so the more negative the value is the better

A negative PA means they have a random PA within a range, -9 have a range within 150-180 while -10 means their range is 170-200...200 being the highest PA n the game, so the more negative the value is the better

All clear, thanks a million! :):):)

Archived