FM10: Iker Muniain

JiggyDempsey

Player Profile

muniain1.jpg

Facts:

A product of Basque giants Athletic Bilbao's youth ranks, Muniain made his first team debut on 30 July 2009, in an Europa League qualifying match against BSC Young Boys. He entered the field as a 59th minute substitute for Gaizka Toquero, in an eventual 0–1 home defeat. He became the youngest player ever to wear Athletic's shirt in an official game, at 16 years, 7 months and 11 days old.

One week later, Muniain scored his first goal for the club, in the return match in Switzerland. Athletic won 2–1, and qualified for the playoff rounds. This day, he again entered the club's record books, as the youngest ever player to score a goal (16 years, 7 months and 18 days).

On August 30, 2009, another record, as Muniain appeared (and started) in the 1–0 home win against RCD Espanyol (2009–10's opener), becoming the youngest player to have donned the club's shirt in the league; two weeks later, he scored again in European competition, 3–0 at home against FK Austria Wien, after a good team move involving Andoni Iraola and veteran Joseba Etxeberria.

Muniain became the youngest player to score in a first division match, as he netted in a 2–2 draw at Real Valladolid on October 4, 2009, aged only 16 years and 289 days.

Source:

Wiki

Basically, I think his a carbon copy of Sergio Aguero and I'd deploy him as a Complete Forward. I'm not sure what type of player would play best off him or whether hes good enough or will be good enough to play up on his own

I signed him for Celtic for the 2nd season, his minimum release clause was €4.3M, my scouts were projecting at least €7.5M to sign him and they had scouted him regularly. Dunno why they didnt spot that for me.

He's only played 2 out of 8 possible games so far and scored 4 goals! I've no doubts that this guy will become an excellent player but my scout (JPA 17/17) did have a concern that he might be susceptible to injuries.

Here he is one season in

muniain.jpg

Discuss

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I play as Athletic, so re-signing him is something I always do immediately. He doesn't play too much for me because Llorente always plays and De Cerio is banging em in for me right now, but I play him as a poacher with Llorente as a support target man. He is doing okay, but he's young so I didn't expect him to be great right off the bat. I also have Llorente tutoring him in hopes that his heading can get better so that he will be more "complete".

Thanks to this thread I've just found him as well. There was no point in trying to buy him for Norwich in League One in the second season. :(

But he's made 1 sub appearance this season for Athletic and in Non Competitive games he's been amazing with 22 games (1 sub) and 35 goals with 16 MoM and a rating of 8.72.

As I don't have Spain on full detail I cannot find anything out about him in matches.

He looks good though. :thup:

I got him playing up front as a Deep lying forward alongside Guiza in my newcastle team in my second season.

Hes a great little player scored about 8 in 16. Since i started... starting him, hes scored in every game (made 8 subs without scoring).

To train him up i got Guiza to tutor him, and now Ronaldo, hes developing rapidly (Y)

He's the most injury prone player in the world. He's like a blend of Woodgate and Kirkland - always something serious like ankle ligaments out for 3 months or torn hamstring! Hasn't made debut yet after 3 1/2 years at club!

Bought him for saints at end of my first season coming out of league one, everyone wants him now wont sell looks quality an always gets a goal of the bench with his pace, means he always gets through one on one.

Good player glad to see he will come good

Also, not saying others havent but he has had no injury troubles for me an plays under 21 football

I just got him for 100,000 for my Wolves team at the conclusion of season 1. He is nowhere near ready for the EPL, so I've sent him out to Charlton in the hope that he will gain some first-team experience and develop a bit in the process.

• 2 weeks later...

Have him on my Ajax save, got him in the 3rd season (2011/12) as a youngster to learn from Ronaldo (the fat one) and RvN and was a backup to both them and Kléber, but now Ronaldo has retired and RvN is now really over the top he is my starting striker and doing very well at the moment.

bought him for my sunderland save now in season 3 and he has progressed very nicely, he is 3rd in rotation behind Berg and Kenwye Jones, already has 12 goals halfway through the season off the bench. had him tutored by Ruud van nistleroy before he retired. he is rated very highly by my coaches. i taught him to place shots and he loves to lob the ball over the keeper and has scored about 5 of his goals like that. cant wait for him to become a full fledged starter.

• 1 month later...

I signed him in second season for Pool and loaned immediately to Brescia. He scored 10 goals in 18 games there. Now he is hoping to gain first team experience from going on loan once again.

Do you think I should do it or will it be better to trust my coaches this time (plus Torres tutoring?) My main strikers are Torres, Dzeko, Pandev, Milevskyi, also N'Gog, so he doesn't stand too much chances getting much playing time yet.

Mmmmm that's great! :D

Tutoring? Training schedule? When did you sign him? Strenght 16?! O.o

I had him tutored by Cardozo as many times as I could, and Carew I think once or twice. Not much really, he's the mentor these days. Here's his stats and training schedule:

14318561.jpg

77023884.jpg

I signed him in second season for Pool and loaned immediately to Brescia. He scored 10 goals in 18 games there. Now he is hoping to gain first team experience from going on loan once again.

Do you think I should do it or will it be better to trust my coaches this time (plus Torres tutoring?) My main strikers are Torres, Dzeko, Pandev, Milevskyi, also N'Gog, so he doesn't stand too much chances getting much playing time yet.

Put him in reserves tutored by torres then loan him out in january. Should get his determination and anything else in the hidden attributes a chance to go up then get some competitive games in the second half of the season.

Archived