FM10: Edin Dzeko

bjoggi33

Dzeko.jpg

Džeko made his debut at FK Željezničar, playing as a midfielder between 2003–2005, scoring one goal in a total of 40 games. He had a loan spell with Ústí nad Labem in 2005, during which he scored six goals in 15 games. Later that year, he moved to Czech side FK Teplice, playing there until 2007, scoring 16 goals in 28 games. He was the top scorer of the league in the 2006–07 season. Due to his performances, manager Felix Magath of VfL Wolfsburg signed him for €4 million.

After transferring to Wolfsburg, Džeko was an immediate hit, scoring five goals and making three assists in 11 games. He was also named by Sportal as the best striker in the first half of the 2007–08 Bundesliga season. During his first season in Germany, Wolfsburg finished in fifth place, qualifying for a UEFA Cup spot for the 2008–09 season. Džeko finished the 2007–08 season with eight goals and seven assists in 17 games started.

dzeko_faust_3451.jpg

After Wolfsburg acquired fellow Bosnian international Zvjezdan Misimović, Džeko's performance in his second season with Wolfsburg improved. Despite a slow first half of the season, he and his team found their form and won their first Bundesliga title. In May 2009, Džeko scored a hat-trick against Hoffenheim, and another hat-trick against Hannover 96 just two weeks later, contributing towards a very strong finish to the domestic 2008–09 season. He finished the season with a total of 26 league goals, which was only second to his teammate, Grafite. Together with Grafite, they formed the most successful strike duo in Bundesliga history. He ended the 2008–09 season with 26 goals and 10 assists in 32 league matches. In the DFB-Pokal, he had six goals in two matches, and in the UEFA Cup, he had four goals and two assists in eight matches. These performances resulted in him being given the Bundesliga "Players' Footballer of the Year" award. Despite attracting interest from Milan, Wolfsburg officials convinced Džeko to stay by renewing his contract until June 2013.

He scored his first UEFA Champions League goal on 30 September 2009 against Manchester United at Old Trafford in a 2 – 1 defeat. He is one of 30 players nominated for the Ballon d'Or Award in 2009.

Few Facts;

Date of birth 17 March 1986 (1986-03-17) (age 23)

Place of birth Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Height 1.92 m (6 ft 3+1⁄2 in

Playing position Striker

Current club Wolfsburg

Number 9

Bjorgvin.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got him for 25m, pretty much i know but he's been pretty good so i dont regret it. Plus he's either footed ;)

Oh :eek: £25m. When did you buy him for that?

At the start of first season you can get him for £15-18m :D

Ha ;) Maybe next time?

I'm Man City at the moment, and I keep looking at him, and keep Interacting saying "I'm in awe" and all that.

And he is really unsettled and wants to leave, I am in March now, so hopefully if I keep this up, in the summer I can get him for a major knock down price.

I will be changing my tactic during the summer, to a winger-less tactic, with 2 upfront and 1 sitting behind them, So Dzeko will fit straight in upfront, with Tevez sitting behind like he is at the moment.

Dzeko - Legend!

Ha ;) Maybe next time?

I'm Man City at the moment, and I keep looking at him, and keep Interacting saying "I'm in awe" and all that.

And he is really unsettled and wants to leave, I am in March now, so hopefully if I keep this up, in the summer I can get him for a major knock down price.

I will be changing my tactic during the summer, to a winger-less tactic, with 2 upfront and 1 sitting behind them, So Dzeko will fit straight in upfront, with Tevez sitting behind like he is at the moment.

Dzeko - Legend!

Agreed! ;), I actually play him in a one upfront formation. He scores load of headers, from wingers crossing, Nani and Valencia. If you can buy defo do it ! :D

I bought Dzeko for Arsenal.

Season 1 - played 28 scored 18 assists 7 - very happy

Season 2 - played 36 scored 28 assists 15 - WOWW!!!!

Season 3 so far - played 6 scored ZERO!!

Don't know what's up season 3!!!

Hopefully he'll find his scoring boots soon!!

No change in tactic by the way.

Dzeko.jpg

Džeko made his debut at FK Željezničar, playing as a midfielder between 2003–2005, scoring one goal in a total of 40 games. He had a loan spell with Ústí nad Labem in 2005, during which he scored six goals in 15 games. Later that year, he moved to Czech side FK Teplice, playing there until 2007, scoring 16 goals in 28 games. He was the top scorer of the league in the 2006–07 season. Due to his performances, manager Felix Magath of VfL Wolfsburg signed him for €4 million.

After transferring to Wolfsburg, Džeko was an immediate hit, scoring five goals and making three assists in 11 games. He was also named by Sportal as the best striker in the first half of the 2007–08 Bundesliga season. During his first season in Germany, Wolfsburg finished in fifth place, qualifying for a UEFA Cup spot for the 2008–09 season. Džeko finished the 2007–08 season with eight goals and seven assists in 17 games started.

dzeko_faust_3451.jpg

After Wolfsburg acquired fellow Bosnian international Zvjezdan Misimović, Džeko's performance in his second season with Wolfsburg improved. Despite a slow first half of the season, he and his team found their form and won their first Bundesliga title. In May 2009, Džeko scored a hat-trick against Hoffenheim, and another hat-trick against Hannover 96 just two weeks later, contributing towards a very strong finish to the domestic 2008–09 season. He finished the season with a total of 26 league goals, which was only second to his teammate, Grafite. Together with Grafite, they formed the most successful strike duo in Bundesliga history. He ended the 2008–09 season with 26 goals and 10 assists in 32 league matches. In the DFB-Pokal, he had six goals in two matches, and in the UEFA Cup, he had four goals and two assists in eight matches. These performances resulted in him being given the Bundesliga "Players' Footballer of the Year" award. Despite attracting interest from Milan, Wolfsburg officials convinced Džeko to stay by renewing his contract until June 2013.

He scored his first UEFA Champions League goal on 30 September 2009 against Manchester United at Old Trafford in a 2 – 1 defeat. He is one of 30 players nominated for the Ballon d'Or Award in 2009.

Few Facts;

Date of birth 17 March 1986 (1986-03-17) (age 23)

Place of birth Sarajevo, SFR Yugoslavia

Height 1.92 m (6 ft 3+1⁄2 in

Playing position Striker

Current club Wolfsburg

Number 9

Bjorgvin.

Actually, it's: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hu guys,

I have just Signed Dzeko for liverpool and will be playing him along side Torres will this get the best out of him?

And what should i set him as, e.g. complete forward etc. I have Torres as target man into feet.

Also signed Veloso so again whats the best to st him to, i curretly have him as deep lying playmaker?

And finally got Artem Milevskyi will he play well behind the strikers? And if i set him to advanced play maker?

Thoughts apprciated. :)

Can't seem to get the best out of him. He mostly blasts the ball at the keeper when he's through on goal since he can't place his shots. I thought his dual-footedness might give him an edge, but his shots on target percentage is 52% :(

Can't seem to get the best out of him. He mostly blasts the ball at the keeper when he's through on goal since he can't place his shots. I thought his dual-footedness might give him an edge, but his shots on target percentage is 52% :(

same here mate, he s a bit hit and miss, complete forward or target man on my Manchester save, Rooney perform much better even Berba is doing better than him.

i was newcastle and i brought them up to the prem and finished 11th atletico madrid offered me a job i accepted and dzeko was on the team him and aguero up front are UNBELIEVABLE aguero- 20 goals in 20 games dzeko-15 goals and 12 assists in 22 games

He's a beast, goalscoring machine, Wolfsburg offered him for 17.5 Mill Euro in 2nd season, signed him and scored 27 in 37, and 6 assists, and his rating was 7.44. Great signing, you can never go wrong with this guy!

What team you are? In which role with what duty do you use him?

I just started the new game with Man Utd, so I have Rooney, Berbatov and Owen and I want to buy Dzeko. And I'm considering in which positions to play those four strikers. One is for sure, and that is Owen will be poacher.

I'll play Rooney on the left and Berbatov on the right. Only to figure out the roles for them. :D

Cheers.

I just started the new game with Man Utd, so I have Rooney, Berbatov and Owen and I want to buy Dzeko. And I'm considering in which positions to play those four strikers. One is for sure, and that is Owen will be poacher.

I'll play Rooney on the left and Berbatov on the right. Only to figure out the roles for them. :D

Cheers.

Same four I have mate. If Berbatov and Rooney play together, then Berbatov as a Trequartista and Rooney as an Advanced Forward. If one or the others play, they are the Trequartistsa with Owen as a Poacher and Dzeko as an Advanced Forward. If Owen and Dzeko play together, Owen as the Poacher and Dzeko as a Target Man. :)

Same four I have mate. If Berbatov and Rooney play together, then Berbatov as a Trequartista and Rooney as an Advanced Forward. If one or the others play, they are the Trequartistsa with Owen as a Poacher and Dzeko as an Advanced Forward. If Owen and Dzeko play together, Owen as the Poacher and Dzeko as a Target Man. :)

So if I play Rooney or Berba with Dzeko or Owen then Rooney or Berba are Trequartista and Owen is poacher or if it's Dzeko instead of Owen then he is target man?

Which duty should Dzeko be when he is target man?

Are they scoring, and if they do, how much are they scoring? :D

Yeah mate, that's it. Just read it back and almost confused myself :D As a target man, I usually have him on attack.

As for goals, in all competitions...

Rooney - 43 (2) apps - 38 goals - 10 assists - 7.38 av rat

Berba - 39 (6) - 30 - 20 - 7.48

Dzeko - 24 (25) - 24 - 5 - 7.24

Owen - 11 (5) - 9 - 1 - 7.15

Owen has missed the last four months to injury though :(

Yeah mate, that's it. Just read it back and almost confused myself :D As a target man, I usually have him on attack.

As for goals, in all competitions...

Rooney - 43 (2) apps - 38 goals - 10 assists - 7.38 av rat

Berba - 39 (6) - 30 - 20 - 7.48

Dzeko - 24 (25) - 24 - 5 - 7.24

Owen - 11 (5) - 9 - 1 - 7.15

Owen has missed the last four months to injury though :(

Hehehe :D Mate that is impressive return! Really it is. On which side do you play your strikers and do you tweak their instructions? Sorry for all the questions, but I really want my strikers to score quite a lot, just like yours. :)

Not a problem mate :D

I tend to mix them up a bit tbh, but generally Owen is on the left side, to place shots to the right. Berba or Rooney as a Trequartista doesn't really matter, but Rooney as an Advanced Forward, and Dzeko as a Target Man, on the right. A bit of mixing up never does any harm either I don't think.

Archived