Tug's Training 2010

Tug's Training 2010 is the 5th edition of a training schedule first released for FM06 in November 2005. It is highly regarded around the FM scene as one of, if not the best downloadable schedule and because of this has over a million downloads to date.

This edition has had some minor testing on the demo (many thanks to all who tested) but mainly builds from the successes and the frameworks of the older versions. You can use this thread and/or my email address (listed below) to give constructive criticism that will hopefully lead to updated and more successful versions of the training in the near future.

This training schedule was made by me Mark Tugwell, and may not be redistributed without my permission. If you want this training on your website, just take the courtesy to email me first at the address below.

So, please direct Feedback, Comments, Hate mail and death threats to tugmyster@gmail.com, or simply reply to this thread.

Please note: I try to reply to every email I receive about the schedules, but do not tend to check up on every thread on the scene. So the best way to ask a question if you have one is via email.

WHAT'S CHANGED IN THIS VERSION?

• All schedules modified slightly in key areas so as to hopefully create the most successful and comprehensive training schedules yet.
  • Extensive testing on demo with a range of teams, many thanks to all testers!
  • Updated versions will be added to the site as testing continues in the full game, keep an eye on this site and tactic/training sections of various FM scene websites.

NOTE: At the moment there are no part time schedules, and as you probably gathered from the last 2 versions there are no plans to make them. Sorry about that.

WHERE SHOULD I TRAIN MY PLAYERS?

If you think you have a player who doesn't fit into any of the schedules, put him where your best judgment says you should put him. For example If you have a left back who plays very attacking football, you might prefer to train him as a midfielder or even a winger. Also, if one of your Strikers is more of a flair based player, you might fancy training them on the attacking midfielder regime. Or in reverse: an attacking midfielder who is fairly clinical might benefit from striker training.

NOTE: I use these schedules as an improvement on the default FM schedules, if you have a player who needs a lot of work in a certain area, copy their schedule and tinker with it. Eg. a well developed player who has disappointingly low pace, might benefit from a lower intensity on certain parts of his training in aid of more intense Aerobic training. Play around with them, individual training schedules can be important!

MY PLAYERS ARE GETTING TIRED!

Occasionally, you may want to rest your players, perhaps nearer to the latter stages of the season.

Or sometimes just clicking down the training intensity a few pegs can help a bit.

INSTRUCTIONS:

Download the files and then copy them to:

(My) Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\Schedules

If you don't have a Schedules folder, simply create one.

When you're on the training screen in game, click on Edit training, go to import, select the Training files and click OK one file at a time.

Download link:

http://www.freewebs.com/tugstraining

If you have any difficulties obtaining the schedules, then email me/reply to this thread and I'll help you get hold of them. Email attachments always seem to work.

Many Thanks,

Mark

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been tested over countless seasons on the last few editions of FM, the new one just has a few minor tweaks. As far as I can tell the training system hasn't changed since FM2008, so testing isn't nearly as important as it would be if there was a training overhaul. There's been no stand out problems with it so far, but if I notice any while I'm playing... or if any are brought to my attention then I'll tinker with the schedules.

Is there really only one training schedule for seniors and one for youth? I only get 2 files when downloading (Tug's Training 2010.tsh and Tug's Training 2010 (youth).tsh) ? I was expecting a schedule for each role on the team?

Is there really only one training schedule for seniors and one for youth? I only get 2 files when downloading (Tug's Training 2010.tsh and Tug's Training 2010 (youth).tsh) ? I was expecting a schedule for each role on the team?

When you add them into the game, all the separate position schedules will appear :)

Hi there,

I use your training schedule for a few years and never have reason to change. (I have no patiente to do it, my area is more tactics)

Now in fm2010 i´m using 2009 trainings and it works perfectly.

What do you change for this ones?

Greetings !

Thanks Tug I have always used your training schedules over the last 5 years as they have been the best by far. Just put my players on the training now in february so will hopefully see improvement by the end of the season. :)

I can't see them when I'm in FM?

I have followed the instructions and saved them into the sportsinteractive/football manager 2010 folder in my documents and put them in schedules. yet when i try to import them the folder is empty.

any ideas how I get this working?

Thanks

Thanks Tug, always used your schedules as my default training and never had any reason to change them. Great work.

Just one question though, do you keep these schedules on your players all the time or alter them for pre-season in favour of an intensive Strength and Aerobic schedule?

Thanks again.

Any update on how to upload this to the mac game??

You just create a 'Schedules' folder in the 'Sports Interactive' folder in your 'Documents' folder in your home folder and drop the files in there. Then import them in the game and you're good to go.

This might sound a bit weird, but I bought my computer yesterday, and that's why Microsoft Word isn't installed yet. When I play FM the game doesn't find the files, even though I've put them in the right map. I have installed Microsoft Word Viewer, but it doesn't help.

Is Word required for these files?

This might sound a bit weird, but I bought my computer yesterday, and that's why Microsoft Word isn't installed yet. When I play FM the game doesn't find the files, even though I've put them in the right map. I have installed Microsoft Word Viewer, but it doesn't help.

Simply putting the files in the right folder is not enough. You also have to use the import feature found in the manage schedules window.

All my youth players seem to be training under the main/reserve squad schedules - when I try to change them to the youth schedules, I can't as they are greyed out.

Any ideas? :confused:

If you have signed your youth players to professional contracts they will train with the seniors.

You dont need Word to use these files. All you do is copy the files into the Schedules folder as stated above and then import them to training.

INSTRUCTIONS:

Download the files and then copy them to:

(My) Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\Schedules

If you don't have a Schedules folder, simply create one.

When you're on the training screen in game, click on Edit training, go to import, select the Training files and click OK one file at a time.

Hi, this is my first time using custom training, and I'm having some trouble. I have saved the .tsh files into a schedules folder, but when I try to import them into FM I get a message saying "This file could not be imported". Does anyone know where I'm going wrong?

Edit: Never mind, I downloaded the .zip file and did it that way.

Archived