FM10: Mamadou Sakho

John Smith

Player profile

profilesakho.jpg

Comfortable on the left or center of defence, he is next on the line of great French defenders. Slightly slow on the pace, he makes up with good anticipation, decision-making and positioning. John Terry anyone?

Facts:

Mamadou Sakho, a French defender of Senegalese and Guinean descent, currently plays for Paris Saint-Germain. He holds the record for the youngest player to captain a Ligue 1 club at the age of 17 years and 8 months.

Honours:

Coupe de la Ligue - 2008

If this guy becomes anything like he did on FM09, he will be class!

Has been lowered from last years version though.

The only thing I can say is, sign him quickly and train him on either the left side of defence or centre (i would say he would be better at CB).

As the A.I. trains him for both positions, meaning that his stats would get more spread out over full back attributes.

If you sign him and get him on a CB schedule, he would look a lot more impressive. :thup:

He's actually been improved from last year, most have either stayed or gone up by one, a few stats have decreased by one, but those aren't really needed for his best position (CB) and obviously him now having a high fixed PA.

Still a class act now and in the long term. :thup:

And to be fair, almost every player in FM seem to have been slightly decreased attribute-wise. A new way to calculate attributes from CA maybe?

• 3 weeks later...
How much will he cost?

He cost me £24.5M over 48 months in season2

Also just a quick question am now in season 3 and have bought Chiellini but ive just noticed Sakho and Chiellini only both play on the left could i get away wilth playing one as the right DC?

Tbh might as well buy Otamendi if you're looking for a great prospect who needs some work. He's faster, he can't jump that well either and he costs far less. Sakho's only really has decisions and heading over Otamendi. But main things are that Sakho is slow, can't really jump and costs a ridiculous amount.

cost me 20 million.........started off shaky, coming into his own now and has put in some truly memorable performances in especially CL final with villa against liverpool, we won 5-1, sakho kept toress quite all game.....absolutely brilliant player, must sign, only young and his stats as said in the first post, shoot up quickly on tugs training.

I'm in my forth season with Newcastle I bought him at the start of my third season and i just can't get him to preform, I was over the moon to get him in as a replcement for Coloccini but never thought I'd say this but come back Colo all is forgiven. He can't speak English yet so maybes I need more time with him.

I'm in my forth season with Newcastle I bought him at the start of my third season and i just can't get him to preform, I was over the moon to get him in as a replcement for Coloccini but never thought I'd say this but come back Colo all is forgiven. He can't speak English yet so maybes I need more time with him.

He took more than 2 seasons to speak basic English in my game, so good luck there mate.

Tbh might as well buy Otamendi if you're looking for a great prospect who needs some work. He's faster, he can't jump that well either and he costs far less. Sakho's only really has decisions and heading over Otamendi. But main things are that Sakho is slow, can't really jump and costs a ridiculous amount.

At least his decisions aren't below par, which is one of the most important stats for a defender, and his aggression isn't at the point where he gets too many yellow cards.

I'm playing Marseille (french rival of Paris), at the end of season 2, Sakho was valuated 7.5M, i offered 30M over 48 months, Paris asked 69M ;)

I won't be able to sign him playing Marseille, anyway he's one of of the hottest longterm signing defender!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived