FM10: Nicolás Otamendi

John Smith

Player Profile

otamendi.jpg

One of the most promising players in the world. Profile labels him as the next Gabriel Milito (hopefully not in terms of injury woes). His heading and decision-making needs improvement but age is on his side. Got him cheap for all his potential and he did well in the Championship.

Facts:

Nicolás Hernán Otamendi is a central defender currently playing for Vélez Sársfield. He was called up to the Argentine national squad and made his debut in the starting line-up against Panama on 20 May 2009.

Honours:

Primera División Argentina, Torneo Clausura - Vélez Sársfield, winners, 2009

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The usual price is about £2-3m :) Hes a fantastic player and improves fast, I got his stats up before the end of the demo!

He will be the first player I buy with most teams, I must say though, he looks older than he is :rolleyes:

The usual price is about £2-3m :) Hes a fantastic player and improves fast, I got his stats up before the end of the demo!

He will be the first player I buy with most teams, I must say though, he looks older than he is :rolleyes:

I must say, I might reconsider my first statement of this guy!

He is mistake prone early on, I have done a full season with Man City now and he made terrible mistakes in the games he played :(

Bought him for season one with PSG, but I wasn't all that impressed. :(

I don't really think he's ready from the start, he made a lot of errors, so I bought in Sergey Ignashavic as a stop gap until Ota comes good. Who has actually been quality, very good in this version. :cool:

Definitely one for the future, but I'm not convinced he's ready from the off.

Bought him for season one with PSG, but I wasn't all that impressed. :(

I don't really think he's ready from the start, he made a lot of errors, so I bought in Sergey Ignashavic as a stop gap until Ota comes good. Who has actually been quality, very good in this version. :cool:

Definitely one for the future, but I'm not convinced he's ready from the off.

With that information I'm tempted to keep him and get him tutored to settle him.

I spent 13m Ş for him. LoL

cost me £3.5m at the start of the game

his stats havent really improved, but he performs ok

his technical stats look weak...but if you look closer he has the right stats to be a good defender

I use him as cover for my stopper(curtis davies at villa)...davies gets all the plaudits, but Otamendi does the role better than dunne, collins or cuellar so he keeps his spot

Archived