FM10: Nicolás Otamendi

John Smith

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, I've found him disappointing too. He just never seemed to be able to cope with opposing strikers; they either passed round him, he lost or missed headers, or he would charge out to tackle a forward, but would only tackle air. :(

I've just sold him at the end of the 3rd season. A shame really as I had high hopes.

I agree with those who have been disappointed of him. He's to error prone. If my team plays a bad match, be sure it's him who is rated under 6. Any suggestions for role or instructions?

I tryed him as stoper and sweeper (besides limited defender). He has to weak heading/jumping for stoper and to weak decisions for sweeper. And options for CB are limited, there is not many things you can try.

When people say he's playing rubbish, what exactly do they mean?

1. He's getting beaten in the air loads?

2. He gets caught on the ball or makes dangerous passes?

3. He dives into tackles and gets found out when the attacker skips past him?

4. He switches off and loses his man?

5. All of the above?

I have no complaints whatsoever I bought him 1st season as backup to Ferdinand and Vidic. Now in 2014-15 and he's my skipper, worldwide reputation and just can't be beaten - he is a beast

check it: 4nicolsotamendi.png

If you're in 1st season I would recommend pairing him with a good headerer as it starts fairly low but will develop quickly - I would set him to Central Defender - stopper as this utilises his best stats and doesn't expose his weaker ones at the beginning. Hope it helps.

I have no complaints whatsoever I bought him 1st season as backup to Ferdinand and Vidic. Now in 2014-15 and he's my skipper, worldwide reputation and just can't be beaten - he is a beast

check it: 4nicolsotamendi.png

How did you get his jumping to go up so rapidly at the age of 26?

No, read what I am saying. It's believable that he has 19 in jumping I suppose. What's not believable is that at the age of 26, he gets a sudden 2 (or more) rise in his jumping stat. The dark green, vertical arrow indicates that he's had a sudden jump over a short time in that stat. The only stat I've seen that happen to is determination when a player is being tutored.

I could be wrong, I've only been playing FM since 07 so I'm not the most experienced. I've just never seen it happen on anything else other than determination.

why is this not possible he has a pa of 190+ in all the games i have played with training why is it not possible to redistribute the atributes so he has say 19 in heading ????? perfectly believeable screenie above!

Because the game generally increases attributes fairly evenly across the section and players do not increase that much physically (jumping increasing by at least 2 points at the age of 26 as indicated by the arrow) once they hit their early 20s. Not to mention heading increasing from baseline 12 to 19, which nobody has done so before.

And if there is a schedule that just increases heading and jumping while the rest of the attributes remains the same, we will love to have it.

Scroll up and you will see 3 other Otamendi screenshots at age 26 with heading / jumping:

13 / 15

14 / 13

16 / 14

which is nowhere near heading 19 and jumping 16.

I have personally used Tug's training with 4.5 - 5 stars coaching, played him regularly, and my Otamendi never turned out that amazing.

Ditto, have never seen Otamendi have heading higher than 16, and that isn't just on mine.. I mean the whole GPTG forum.

I am not accusing or anything, just shoving in my 2 cents.

How is everyone getting his stats so high; I've had him in 4 seperate saves and he NEVER gets his jumping and heading so high. He's actually pretty mediocre in my games, mistake prone and his stats are nowhere near these guys...talk about in game editing at its finest...

You can compare decision-making in the screenshots too. So where everyone's Otamendi have their weakness in heading, jumping and decision-making, this Otamendi is a physical beast in no way inferior to the others, has none of their weaknesses (esp. heading) and is virtually perfect.

Makes you wonder why creativity is higher than the rest too.

Although my coaches seem to think he is amazing, and his stats are really good, world-class-standard. He just seems to perform not as well as other centre backs for some reason or other. Struggles to keep a 7.00 average rating most of the time, and makes mistakes too frequently.

If you check the editor (official SI one) most of his stats are set. His heading is set at 15 (so over the course of 5 years he's got better) and his jumping is set at 14 - so over the course of 5 years it has gone up 2 points! Surely that is not a massive rise - he was injured during the WC and is not coming back to fitness is it not possible that this is the reason for the jump? He is getting back to full fitness. That is my final comment on the matter - I don't really mind not being believed.

If you check the editor (official SI one) most of his stats are set. His heading is set at 15 (so over the course of 5 years he's got better) and his jumping is set at 14 - so over the course of 5 years it has gone up 2 points! Surely that is not a massive rise - he was injured during the WC and is not coming back to fitness is it not possible that this is the reason for the jump? He is getting back to full fitness. That is my final comment on the matter - I don't really mind not being believed.

My Otamendi's heading is only 13 and his creativity is only 8. You say you are on Tug's training but there's no way that TT could raise up his defensive stats so well AND his creativity by 6 points. Maybe if you post his injury history I might be more inclined to believe you.

This is going to do my credibility on this forum (if I had any) no good at all - posted this just as you were posting your request

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=200127

Call me what you want but I am honestly gutted about losing this game as it was great fun.

FWIW here are a few of Otamendi's starting attributes in the game (as set by SI)

otamendi.jpg

Although his attributes are set as such in the editor, his CA does not support them. That's why you will get 'reduced' starting heading and jumping attributes of 12 and 13 respectively. Same as Eduardo Salvio. Load up a new game and you will see his attributes are different from that in the editor - again, his CA does not support his attributes.

Getting his heading to 19 is impossible in the game unless his CA was boosted so that it supports a starting heading attribute of 15.

This is going to do my credibility on this forum (if I had any) no good at all - posted this just as you were posting your request

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=200127

Call me what you want but I am honestly gutted about losing this game as it was great fun.

FWIW here are a few of Otamendi's starting attributes in the game (as set by SI)

otamendi.jpg

LOL, that's either very bad luck for you or some very sneaky planning ;)

Who cares about credibility mate - it's just a forum. No big deal :)

Sorry boys can we get "Tugs Training Schedule" or any kinda training schedule which has worked great! Thanks lads

I don't get what your saying :(

I don't get what your saying :(

I think he wants Tugs training. In which case he should head to the tactics and training forum. Honestly I don't get why people find the training so hard to understand and need someone else to do it for them, same goes for tactics. :thdn: Make your own and learn something.

I think he wants Tugs training. In which case he should head to the tactics and training forum. Honestly I don't get why people find the training so hard to understand and need someone else to do it for them, same goes for tactics. :thdn: Make your own and learn something.

Rough night ;)?

I vow to never ever use any downloaded tactics, people that do make me cry.

Yes it was, the long weekend can't come fast enough Ty.

Your attitude makes me smile. A proper FM player! :thup:

Its almost here!

Things that makes Ty cry;

- Editors, Real Time or adjusting the normal one.

- Save - Reloading (people that do it, and try and justify themselves doing it, is worse)

- Using anything from the TT&T forum

- Most people in the GD thread :p

Either way, I haven't used Otamendi since my first ever save on FM.. when I released he was pants.

Its almost here!

Things that makes Ty cry;

- Editors, Real Time or adjusting the normal one.

- Save - Reloading (people that do it, and try and justify themselves doing it, is worse)

- Using anything from the TT&T forum

- Most people in the GD thread :p

Either way, I haven't used Otamendi since my first ever save on FM.. when I released he was pants.

I've started buying him just to make a profit. Teams will pay £15m+ in the 2nd or 3rd season :D

Archived