Signings - Press Conference

This was just being discussed in another thread earlier.

Hopefully press conferences are going to be improved for Football Manager 2010, but I thought of another sort of dimension for press conferences, that I thought some people might like doing.

When you make a signing, it would add realism to the game if you were asked to attend a press conference WITH the signing, discussing how you rate him as a player, how often he will play, what your plans for him are, where you will play him. Here are a few examples.

'I plan to never play Player X, he is only there for backup for reserve games'.

Player X feels you have lied to him and regrets joining the club.

'I plan for Player Y to be a first team player.'

Player A is disappointed he has been replaced by Player Y.

Things like that.

How about you have the option to call your own press conferences. A message for the board after signing a player asking to you wish to schedule a press conference. I would love this feature, and would only ever make a conference for big name sellings (or departures)

Do like the idea. I made myself similar thread to this one, where i suggested that in press conferences one of your players take part. Where he could be asked question by the media etc... And always another player should be there with you. One more time thumbs up for T3hB3n...'s and Abakas ideas... (Y) Hope SI will at least consider this. :D

This was just being discussed in another thread earlier.

Hopefully press conferences are going to be improved for Football Manager 2010, but I thought of another sort of dimension for press conferences, that I thought some people might like doing.

When you make a signing, it would add realism to the game if you were asked to attend a press conference WITH the signing, discussing how you rate him as a player, how often he will play, what your plans for him are, where you will play him. Here are a few examples.

'I plan to never play Player X, he is only there for backup for reserve games'.

Player X feels you have lied to him and regrets joining the club.

'I plan for Player Y to be a first team player.'

Player A is disappointed he has been replaced by Player Y.

Things like that.

Good idea. :thup:

I sign a lot of u18 players, so doing a press conference for each one would be somewhat annoying.

But I would really like this to be implemented, perhaps if only for the bigger signings.

Unrelated, but I'd also like it if the game didn't count my u18 signings as actual "signings", unless I spend a large amount of money on them.

I sign a lot of u18 players, so doing a press conference for each one would be somewhat annoying.

But I would really like this to be implemented, perhaps if only for the bigger signings.

Unrelated, but I'd also like it if the game didn't count my u18 signings as actual "signings", unless I spend a large amount of money on them.

the better way to do it, would be to have an option to do the press conferences yourself

when you see fit to let the media and your fans about the exciting new signing you have made

I agree that this feature if implemented should only be used for big name signings that you've paid a lot of money for.

If that screenshot is real then it's a nice new feature on paper. However, it could end up being tedious and repetitive very quickly, like the pre/post match press conferences. I would rather they improved the existing press conferences before adding in new ones for signings, hopefully though they have done both.

According to a preview of FM 2010 at a Danish website. You CAN call of a press conference when you sign a new player...

Check this screenshot:

Never seen that in FM before. Obviously not been paying eough attention.
that would be because it's new?

Like I said I obviously wasn't paying attention before I posted my reply or I would have seen that bit about it being new :rolleyes: I suppose thats one of the disadvantages of trying to watch the telly and type at the same time.

Mm. I think a good idea for the game would be to have more information on how players performed in training: perhaps weekly and more in-depth reports, so we can see how youth players are getting on, who has been pulling theiur weight, who deserves a first-team chance, etc.

Ive just spotted something on this screenshot. "Start training" is now an option! does this mean that we can take training sessions now?!?

http://fmfreaks.dk/data/billeder/FM10_Preview/F.C.Barcelona.png

What do you mean "take training sessions".

And that screenshot is obviously to start Ibrahimovic untrain the ppm "tries killer balls".

edit: first time I see a second opinion disagree with this advice btw.

Don't get your hopes up. SI will introduce 3 options in this press conference and they will all have the same net effect of demoralising your player.

I hate press conferences. They are all full of terrible questions which can go either OK or very badly. My only tactic for press conferences is that my AssMan is capable enough to get through them without screwing them up as I really don't like attending.

Here's hoping for a major improvement in 2010!

Someone linked a polish forum/screenshot where it seems like there should be a feature similar to this.

Exactly. At least the screenshot in this topic has been uploaded by an official beta tester of FM2010 from Denmark. So it should be real and not a fake

Edin Dzeko is one of the best strikers in the Bundesliga and well worth the money.

Just a little update on this. According to the preview - Dzeko's worth £6,5 mio from the start but Wolfburg won't settle for a deal under £12 mio. due to the fact of his importance to the team. As a final note from the preview: The player values should be rather realistic throughout the game though...

What does it say about the 3d match engine? The only word I could make out was 3d :D

The 3D for FM2010 is smooth and without any lag at all. Great progress has been made from 09 to 10.

"Match view" has been updated - it's now possible to make substitutions during the match without losing any focus on the action on the pitch. You can also give your players commands, telling them to make overlaps, push up, choosing team mentality; like all out attack and playing contra. Should be great for making rapid changes.... that's about it

Archived