Brainstorming for the new data editor

Erol

After I discovered that it was virtually impossible to edit leagues in FM 09, I decided I had enough. My tactical are insufficient to become succesful with a mediocre club and take it to glory, and my social life prevents me from compensating my shortcomings by investing lots of time in a club. The only thing I really really liked was making obscure competitions available and be a manager for a few years in for instance Sub-Saharan Africa and do some club-hopping every 2 seasons. With FM 09 becoming ever more time consuming and not being able to do some serious modding I decided I would never buy a FM again.

And then came the announcement of the new data editor. For years we've been begging for the option, but it appears that our prayers werent in vain, finally a league creator will be added. So, my question is: which leagues do you intend to create/make playable? Personally I'll give you my personal 'to do list':

Absolute number 1. Pacific Islands region: Fiji, Tahiti, Solomon Islands, New Caledonia, the Cook Islands and Tonga.

2 Carribean: Jamaica, T&T, Bahamas. Surinam, and of course Cuba. Maybe try if some of the even more obscure ones are possible: Guyana and Antigua & Barbuda and Montserrat.

3.Central Asia: Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan. And Ill try Mongolia, Noth Korea and Bhutan.

What about you guys, are you as excited as me or am I the only one?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be interested in an Oceania League... I have one in FM09 (well, sort of... it is actually just the Singapore league with one club from each Oceanic nation included).

I'd like to be able to add an Oceania League (probably 1-3 clubs from each nation... not including NZ) and have the top placed teams qualify for the O-League. Wonder if this sort of thing would be possible with the new editor... having a made-up league qualify for participation in a real competition? (I'd imagine a lot of people will create a UK league and want the clubs to qualify for the Champions League)

very good news about fm 2010 editor.

i will create:

1. Mauritian premier league and second divisions , Reunion 1stand 2nd Division, seychelles fiirst and second division

2. Create State League in Australia

3. Create Moroccan, Tunisian Algerian Nigerian Cameroon competitions

I'd like to be able to add an Oceania League (probably 1-3 clubs from each nation... not including NZ) and have the top placed teams qualify for the O-League. Wonder if this sort of thing would be possible with the new editor... having a made-up league qualify for participation in a real competition? (I'd imagine a lot of people will create a UK league and want the clubs to qualify for the Champions League)

NZ teams too good:P I'll probably make that playable and maybe throw in a few tiers down.

Have to throw in the Chatham Cup somewhere

Maybe throw in a split league for North & South Island

I'll let someone else do the J-League and I'll just take thiers:P

NZ teams too good:P :p

Yes, they are! NZ should try to get into Asia ASAP or they will never improve... AFC already want the A-League to kick Wellington out of the comp. Once they go, NZ players will have nothing to work towards (apart from he few that are good enough to play in Europe)

I'll be making leagues in the Americas almost immediately.

Long term, I want to create a series of world super leagues that play in a worldwide champion's league. That will be a big, big dbase to create, haha.

I'm extremely excited for FM10 because of the data editor.

I'll be making leagues in the Americas almost immediately.

Long term, I want to create a series of world super leagues that play in a worldwide champion's league. That will be a big, big dbase to create, haha.

I'm extremely excited for FM10 because of the data editor.

I did a Worldwide Champions League for FM09, took an absolute age and it's not as good as I wanted it to be as I was restricted to which leagues could be edited, and ultimately just got fed up with spending all my time editing. Still, it's interesting to get Australian, American, African teams in the group stages, even if they are generally whipping boys for the big European teams.

Oooh, the CFU Club Championship looks like it'll be fun to do. Trying to work out what to do with the multiplicity of Did Not Enters is a task in itself.

(My thinking: use 2009 entries as-is; then for subsequent years, create multiple qualifying rounds.)

The only leagues I will add to my game are:

USA:

USL-1

USL-2

Japan:

J-League 1

J-League 2

England:

Northern Premier

Southen Premier

Ryman Premier

... I'm not sure what else. Maybe 1 of the major African leagues.

Apologies for my lack of knowledge on this (thick northerner and all that !!) but if I start a game and a few weeks later somebody uploads (for example) the ryman/unibond leagues, would I have to start a new game to include this or just I just add it in and carry on as normal.

I'm not sure how this would work??

Thanks In Advance.

The posts so far just go to show that we all want something different, which is why the editor is the perfect solution. For me, I'll have a league of Pacific Islands, SE Asia, Scottish lower tiers and England down to 'The-fat-man-and his-dog Pub FC, 24th tier!

I agree. I wanted it since I saw handball manager game, which has its own editor, and there is possible to create any competition you want to. So now the dream comes true. I am delighted.

From Pacific Islands, I will take Kossa FC from Solomon Islands and take it to Club world cup. :p

Can we change current leagues/cups does anyone know? I want to edit the Nothern Irish leagues so that all clubs in the Premier League have to become professional. Hoping that if we can't improve the standard irl, then I could do it in game.

Yes, you can change current format, but even now on FM09 you can make each team professional.

Yes, you can change current format, but even now on FM09 you can make each team professional.

Oh good stuff! I know I can change all the clubs to Pro but it's mainly for when First Division team are promoted and they have to make the step up then. It would be too unrealistic to make a team like Carrick Rangers Professional unless they actually got promotion.

It will be so nice to finally manage one of the local clubs from my hometown, the kind of clubs whose striker you is most likely to be your mailman. The kind of striker that has an even lousier condition than you IRL. Yes, looking very much forward to this new feature...

I feel the same as you OP, I haven't played FM in around 6 months and didn't intend on buying the new one until I saw this, finally a reason to lose my addiction to xbox and gain my addiction to FM again.

As for leagues I'll create, Canadian for sure, some African & Caribbean, I'll most likely add loads to the English system down to the Sunday leaguers. God knows, the possibilities are endless, cant wait. :D

The USL and J-League will be must-haves for me, and I wouldn't mind some of the lower divisions in England (Southern/Northern Leagues) and Germany either. It opens up so many interesting opportunities, not least getting to see how deep the scene's creativity can go with custom leagues and their own variations of the J-League, USL, historical leagues, etc. -- this quite is an awesome step forward for SI. I hope there won't be any problems getting these leagues playable after you've created them (e.g. for the J-League, which I've always clamoured for inclusion in FM, ever since it was a part of the glorious CM heyday). Egypt too have a pretty competitive league, so it would be awesome to see the likes of Zamalek or Al-Ahly playable in the game.

I will be remodelling Scotland from the ground up once the editor hits.

No big news on how it will go, but basically my ideas so far:

First Division of 20(4 down)(all Premier Division sides and top 8 SFLD1 teams)

Second Division of 22(4 up, 4 down)(rest of the SFL teams)

Divisions from here will be regionalised(4 up, god knows how many down)

Scottish Cup will have everyone including all juniors competing.

League Challenge Cup for those below the Second Division.

Anglo-Scottish Cup played on League Cup days(if the English guy would be so polite as to disable the English League Cup, too)

All competitions will have the following rules(if possible):

No more than 3 foreigners in your match squad.

No more than 5 foreigners in your entire squad.

12 subs named, 3 subs used.

I'm going to edit the USA leagues and the Australian league. Then I'm also going to create leagues for Canada, New Zealand, Fiji, a bunch of African countries, and maybe a Norwegian lower divisions. Also going to, if possible change, the sub rules in the other nations I play were I'm going to allow 9 subs on the bench, but two players have to be younger than 20 years and homegrown.

My main interest with this new editor will be to create an All-Ireland league, with possibly 4-5 tiers with the view of making this new All-Ireland a rival to the English divisions. Attempting this on 09 just encountered failure. I literally cannot wait.

I will try to make all english leagues in league system playable down to tier 24.

I think that you can only go down to tier 11 by adding new leagues. But good luck. And by the way Bristol Downs League Division Four is tier 28...

I might make the six nations playable, or create the home international championship, how about the top 4 teams in the prem playoff for another shield?

I will also definitely try and remodel the Watney cup...

I would love to see some sort of national team league structure

will the new editor allow this?

It'd be great to have a load of national teams in a league, and instead of buying players teams select their players from a national pool as would be the case for normal international games.

Similarly, I'll be re-creating the Premier League of America (replacing the MLS) to resemble a European-style league - full promotion/relegation, transfers, etc - plus an attempt to insert USA teams into the European competitions for some extra flavor. I'll have to wait and see if the editor allows me to ditch American rules such as the draft, trades, and a salary cap. Otherwise the PLA may be Canadian again :)

Premier League of America - 20 teams (or so), 2 down

United States Championship -22 teams (or so) 2 up, 4 down

U.S. League One East - 18 teams (or so) 2 up, 4 down

U.S. League One West - 18 teams (or so) 2 up, 4 down

U.S. League Two - 4 Divisions - 10-12 teams each - 1 up.

Plus add some cup competitions, etc. This will require using all existing US-bases pro and semi-pro teams plus a healthy helping of created teams to fill out the lower divisions.

if anybody tries to go down to 24 in the english leagues it would make most of the from 24 to about 10 all players with 1 ca and pa

CA 1 for sure, but why PA 1?

Perhaps there are plenty youngsters playing at that level who are not 'discovered' and never get the opportunity to enhance their potential. Were a 'sugar daddy' to invest, build top facilities and bring in top coaching staff (together with talented manager ;)) who knows what potential could be unleashed.

That's what I'm going to do any way; a sort of 12th or 20th tier Notts. County experiment.

You would run out of variation in league Reputation before you ran out of ways to step down the CA and PA.

That's very true. But I'd expect most of us planning to start in the 99th tier are looking at back-to-back promotions through a few Rep 1 divisions before we hit a real challenge. Wouldn't spoil my fun.

I really think this next edition of FM will bring a whole wave of new database editors, I hope there are some undiscovered gems in the imadginations of people out there. This will be the first FM game to really blossom in UGC (user generated content) because of its unique (in the series) features.

I plan to do a 2010 version of my Lincs & Humber database, the 4th year in a row for that now!! Once I see what I can do in the database I will enter all the saturday teams from the region. Going to make playable:

Prem (12-16 Teams):

Hull

Grimsby

Lincoln

Scunthorpe

Boston

Gainsboro'

North Ferriby

Stamford

Lincoln Utd

Grantham

Spalding

Goole

Brigg

Winterton

Deeping

Boston Town

1st Div (20-24 Teams)

2nd Div (20-24 Teams)

These cover down to the top Division of the East Riding and the Lincolnshire Football League (13th Tier of english football pyramid). Below that I will add all the other teams in non playable leagues (about another 70 teams down to something like the 16th Tier and lower). I assume below the top 2-3 proposed levels there will not be anyone wanting to play the teams and it probabaly wont be easy to set up for a good enough challenge.

I think having such a small premiership will make it more difficult for the manager and avoid those 20-0 wins I got too many times in my more recent versions. If all goes well the Prem might even go down to 12 or 14 teams. I intend to add in league cups, FA cups and a cup with a group stage, set up to give the top teams more games to play if I do so. I guess it depends on what I can actually do in the editor but it seems like it is going to be fun. Getting a good balance will be part of the enjoyment. Lets hope it gives us the freedom we want and need!

I might, if possible do the Maldives league, its pretty complex with "Zones" so we shall just wait and see (I know a guy who lives there and is going to help me research it).

I loved your humberside and yorkshire db for 08, so will defo download that one, if you want any help with the Maldives league, I would be glad to provide it...

I would like to create the womens premier league and first division, just for kicks.

Yeah the 08 one was good, some guy did a pennines one for 09 which was far better than my piteful 09 attempt. I liked my old 07 and 08 versions, even if I could not get all the Portuguse teams out of the 08 one.

I think with the small prem 12 or 14 teams and a big 1st div will make the game a lot more challenging, removing those easy wins when the Premier league was 18 or 20 teams. It will also add more competitiveness to the 1st div as it will have some relativly big teams in it. Ones who could make it in the league above. I cannot wait to get started, two months to go right?

Archived