I'm about to add Cesc and kaka before season 2...

with aston villa!

I can get Kaka for 64 million at the beginning of may before second season (hopefully most of it over 24 months. I gotta figure that out). Currently my maximum wage offer is 70k per week so he has no intention of joining my club, but I can loan out a bunch of players and I know from experience that I can get the max wage offer up to around 120k - 140k per week, which will be enough to change his interest from "no intention" to "not interested," and then he'll join.

As for Cesc, ooo it was so much trickier. Arsenal wouldn't settle for anything less than 100mil for him. And the same situation with him in terms of he has no intention of joining now but once i can offer him 130k per week he'll be "not interested."

But, I tried something, and magically it worked. Arsenal are interested in signing six of my palyers including Vagner Love, Zhirkov, Srna, and Mexes. I offered 20mil plus all those players and they accepted! Problem is I dont really want to give up Zhirkiv or Vagner Love. I may have to give up Vagner Love but instead of Mexes or Zhirkov i'm hoping to find an alternative.

I came up with a clever thing. Arsenal is not currently interested in oscar cardozo, who I have transfer listed. But I decided to offer him out to all clubs for "0" euroes. That makes a bunch of teams interested in him and makes them offer for him, and luckily arsenal offered for him as well. So then I rejected all the offers and now arsenal are interested in him, so I can use him in the transfer offer as well.

Now, I only have 20mil in transfer fees, but I can sell rooney (got him 1st season) for 40mil immediately to inter and get 60mil of transfer budget, which will be enough to get fabregas for 20mil - 40mil over 24months and kaka for 64mil over 24 months.

So my midfield will be made up of Ribery, Fabregas, Kaka, and Beckham. I almost feel like this will take all the fun out of the game because if I win every game, which I should, it will be cheap, but if i dont win veery game I will feel the game is flawed because a team with my roster after I get kaka and cesc will win.

Anyway, has anyone else managed to do what I am about to before hte second season has even started wih aston villa?\

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So my midfield will be made up of Ribery, Fabregas, Kaka, and Beckham. I almost feel like this will take all the fun out of the game because if I win every game, which I should, it will be cheap, but if i dont win veery game I will feel the game is flawed because a team with my roster after I get kaka and cesc will win.

\

You won't win every game, dude. For starters they'll take time to gel, then there's injuries, and then there's the fact that the AI will figure out how to stop you sooner or later.

An unbeaten season is a possibility, and on '08 it would be feasible. But even in real life this lineup wouldn't win EVERY game. Even replacing Beckham with Ronaldo wouldn't do it.

But if you do, well done. If you don't, try not to feel too bad, eh?

It will be cheap as you have obviously used the editor to get money/give you players.

Ribery, Beckham, Love, Zhirkov, Srna, Mexes and Rooney first season, Kaka and Fabregas the next.

No way you have done it without the editor.

Who did you sell, by the way? Any screenies for In/Out transfers? Otherwise you'll get a lot more comments like this one.

I'm sorry but Aston Villa just dont have the reputation to attract Rooney in the first season, let alone sign world class players the very next season.

I hate accusing people of editing but tbh, there is no doubt that it has been done in this case.

I can never see the sense in this, signing big names (real players) is awesome but complete waste. You can buy quiet a few talented regens or young real players for hardly anything and get them to a suitable standard in a few seasons. Start from the get go and you shouldn't need to waste all that money on ONE player, 60mil for kaka, thats not much in terms of FM but still, give me 15mil and I will have a team of wonderkids in a few seasons.

Screenies for transfers ins/outs please, and dont come on here showing off about who you are signing, have signed when its clear to everyone that you have either edited, or FMTRE'd. Not that you cant use both of these tools.

You must have spent millions in your first season to sign: Rooney, Ribery, Beckham, Love, Srna, Zhirkov and Mexes - thats gotta be in the region of £200m, and as far as im aware Villa dont have much as transfer budget to begin with.

rooney (got him 1st season) for 40mil

Come on do you really think your gonna fool anyone on the FM forums with that statement???

Also you can't use the the 'im 7 seasons into the game when I took the Villa job' because you have Becks in your team

What a pointless thread - basically saying "I managed sign great players by cheating, go me!"

I had a save with Aston Villa and in the first season I raised tabout £40M by selling a good few first team players.

I then spent that £40M on better players. There is no way Villa could have signed those players without editing the database so I am struggling to see the point you are making.

I wanted to say something different from everyone else and possibly see the point of this thread being about how difficult it is to sign those players that early on in the game, however that idea went down the crapper when I read your final words,

before the second season has even started with aston villa

Its obvious you cheated, i didnt think you were trying to pass it off as an unedited game, but asking if anyone else has managed to do this with Villa before the second season started is just taking the p*ss out of the community:thdn:

Required for my belief:

Screenshots from 1st season transfers, finances (including wages) and competitions won + detailed info on how the transfers broke down and explain how you can somehow manage to sign players that are now only "not interested" in joining your club when you offer your max 140k a week. Go to town and write a book in here, the more detail the better.

That is all.

I didn't use data editor. Rooney was not interested in joining but I offered him a high contract and he agreed to come. How did I get the funds? Aston villa don't start out with much transfer budget but I got the budget up to around 100 million by selling a bunch of players and using the wage difference to make more funds.

Now, beginning of second season, I was given 25mil in transfer funds. I'm going to actually sell Srna for 20mil. that gives me 45mil in transfer funds. I going to sell curtis davies for 12.25mil to sunderland, and heskey for 7.5mil to sunderland. That will give over 60mil in transfer funds. (Oh it turned out Srna rejected the contract from arsenal so I couldnt do the part exchange).

so I have to pay 100mil to get cesc. I have 60mil in transfer budget which is enoguh to get Cesc for 100mil over 24 months (or after appearances, etc).

So i'll get cesc and have 10mil left in transfer funds.

Then Im selling Rooney for 40mil to Inter, which will give me 50mil in transfer funds. Then I can buy Kaka for 64mil over 24months, and still have budget to spare.

SIMPLE.

PS. I got rooney in the second transfer window. I also could have gotten Rio Ferdinand or Gerrard instead. Both had some interest.

You guys have to remember that Aston Villa has the same reputation as Man City. I checked that on date editor before teh game because I was looking for a team where I could get the same players who would come to me in my last man city game but I wanted more of a challenge because Man City has so much funds.

PS. I got rooney in the second transfer window. I also could have gotten Rio Ferdinand or Gerrard instead. Both had some interest.

You guys have to remember that Aston Villa has the same reputation as Man City. I checked that on date editor before teh game because I was looking for a team where I could get the same players who would come to me in my last man city game but I wanted more of a challenge because Man City has so much funds.

Sorry, but I highly doubt Gerrard, Ferdinand or Rooney would leave their clubs for Aston Villa, no matter what money was involved.

Post a screenshot if you are so adamant that you have made those transfers dude! Nobody is going to believe you if you don't post some sort of evidence!

*waits for BoyledShark22 to photoshop some evidence together* :p

I know we all have doubts, but the least we can do is give him the benefit of the doubt now that we know he is going to provide evidence.

Not cool to accuse him of things like that, even if you were joking, dont put ideas into his head:p

I'm not defending him or putting myself in the firing line or anything, but...

I've seen Man City spend over £80 million on Aston Villa players in the first season (Barry, Luke Young etc.)

Shame I wasn't in charge of them at the time, but that could explain the money.

Not sure how to explain the reputation thing ... but I'll leave that up to the OP

I know we all have doubts, but the least we can do is give him the benefit of the doubt now that we know he is going to provide evidence.

Not cool to accuse him of things like that, even if you were joking, dont put ideas into his head:p

Settle down Stevie it was genuinely a joke. I'm sure if he's got the evidence it won't take him long to produce it. High horse....get off it!

Shouldn't this have a warning about player naming! Anyway well done for creating a good team? if thats what you want to here. My personal opinion is you wouldn't be able to get all those players without cheating or editing. But it's your game...

Just bumping this because I'm keep to see the outcome. At the moment I'm keeping an open mind. The guy says he didn't cheat, so let's see the screenies as I'd love to try this.

Fingers firmly crossed that the screenies aren't some cut and paste photoshop job. Should be obvious if it is.

There is no possibe way that in your first season you managed to bring in Zhirkov 14 mill, Love 14 mill, Ribery 20-30 mill, Mexes 30 mill +, Beckham 5 mill, Cardozo 7 mill, Srna 12 mill, Rooney.

Your just taken the biscuit with Rooney, Ribery and Mexes they would not go to Villa in the first season

okay does anyone want to try this out other then boyledshark 22. he has explained how to do it basically so someone can try and see if it works. so far his list is Vagner Love, Zhirkov, Srna, and Mexes, ribery, rooney cardozo beckham all in the first season with the addition of fabregas and kaka for the second season. wont the 24month thing just mean a dramatic decrease in his fianances over time??

okay does anyone want to try this out other then boyledshark 22. he has explained how to do it basically so someone can try and see if it works. so far his list is Vagner Love, Zhirkov, Srna, and Mexes, ribery, rooney cardozo beckham all in the first season with the addition of fabregas and kaka for the second season. wont the 24month thing just mean a dramatic decrease in his fianances over time??

If you're that bothered, do it yourself

Archived