Simon Vukcevic

Harryseaess

Full Name: Simon Vukcevic

Club: Sporting CP

Value: £4m

Sell Value: £6.25m

Position: AMC (natural), AML (accomplished), ML (accomplished), MC (accomplished)

Screenshot:

SimonVukcevic.jpg

He doesn't seem to be talked about much on these forums but I think that he is a cracking player, gets plenty of assists from AMC and scores a fair few goals aswell, reminds me of van der Vaart in FM08.

Anybody had any experiences with him?

he has 2 very important stats for me at a terribly poor level: 7 for team work. and 12 for determination. obviously he's quite able and if your team is all round solid his weaknesses won't matter but i feel there are far more well rounded players available, not really too keen on his decisions of 14 (not bad but not great) for an attacking player; but he's a good buy for 'okay' teams nonetheless.

I don't want to get into another foot debate, but yes visually boosted stats happen if a player is only one foot. :thup:

Wasn't asking for a debate, was just wondering how much of an effect it has :thup:. Thanks for clearing it up.

I always wondered if he was too slow for a winger or not.

Footedness just boosts the stats I dont think being 2 footed is a huge advantage. I have a regen AMR who is completely one footed and at the moment he is averaging 7.7 for the season and in 36 games has 24 goals and 22 assists. It is just annoying that stats are increased so much due to being one footed but in my opinion it makes very little difference if any at all.

To me, his stats seem better suited for a very attack minded central midfielder rather than a winger (good dribbling, yet crappy speed and mediocre flair) or attacking mid. Ofc, I'm sure he could play amc somewhat convincingly, but I really think he seems better suited for the middle.

Overall though, seems like he could be a bit difficult to fit into a system (and damn is his teamwork poor 0_o)

• 1 month later...

yeh i dont know the deal with this guy, stats of a one footed Riquelme, but only cares about money. It's either he hasn't adapted to the league or doesn't care about EPL for my third season QPR side, but UEFA cup where i put the reward as high as possible he plays his ass off and gets 8s, in EPL he gets 6.2, and in his personal before every UEFA game it says he's pleased about the high reward, he's a slimey player with a bad personality, I'm going to try to sell him in January to Man United who are after him

I have been a fan of this guy since FM 2005.

Ever game I play with a top team I end up signing him and in the game I left on Holiday till 2040 recently he was bought by Man Utd and won world player of the year 3 times in a row starting when he was 25.

I have always had success playing him as an AMC rather than a winger.

It might be a one-off on my save but it seems to me as Vukevic is a World-Class midfielder. He scores tons of goals, and is deadly at free-kicks and from 20-30 yards in open play. I employ him as a MC but set a high-ish mentality and a forward arrow, he's simply brilliant for my Aston Villa side, currently better in terms of performance with his team-mate Lionel Messi. 7 games into the season he has scored 7 leage goals and got 4 assists and 3 MOTM's and an average rating of 7.83. Currently reigning English Footballer of the year (former runner-up as well). One time runner-up for European Midfielder of the year, and twice in 3rd, also one time Champions Cup best player. This guy is consistent all season but even then he can up his game for the big teams and occasions quite markedly. He scored a hat-trick for me in the EC Final from MC against Inter. He can pick a pass and has great vision, he blasts them in from any angle and is a valuable asset for any team that wants Champions League success imo. One of the best MC's on the game along with the like of Fabregas and Essien.

• 2 weeks later...

for me he sucks on the left wing hes so damn slow. Considering his amazing statss for me, he always underperforms, a bad attitude.

For example european cup games theres a high win bonus so he gets an 8 everytime. Then in the league when its a normal win bonus he gets 6s, and before every european game it says in his PR "excited about high win bonus in european games", what a goddamn mercenary

For example european cup games theres a high win bonus so he gets an 8 everytime. Then in the league when its a normal win bonus he gets 6s, and before every european game it says in his PR "excited about high win bonus in european games", what a goddamn mercenary

Gahaha, that's brilliant :D

I need some advise on this player guys.

Ive had him before and played him behind a solo striker in a AMC role and he was great.

Now, as a long term project, im trying to build a style of play that is currently sadly lacking IRL at my beloved Blackburn Rovers.

Here is the formation

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q32/hertsrover/Formation.png

Basically its the current Barca formation and style (thanks to AcidBurn for the tacic download) and I was deliberating signing Simon to perform the Iniesta role, see below for player instructions (currently using Maniche as a stop gap).

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q32/hertsrover/Instructions.png

What do you guys think, can he fit in in CM as well as he does at AMC?

I need some advise on this player guys.

Ive had him before and played him behind a solo striker in a AMC role and he was great.

Now, as a long term project, im trying to build a style of play that is currently sadly lacking IRL at my beloved Blackburn Rovers.

Here is the formation

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q32/hertsrover/Formation.png

Basically its the current Barca formation and style (thanks to AcidBurn for the tacic download) and I was deliberating signing Simon to perform the Iniesta role, see below for player instructions (currently using Maniche as a stop gap).

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q32/hertsrover/Instructions.png

What do you guys think, can he fit in in CM as well as he does at AMC?

yeh he can but he's lazy and sucks defensively so you need to pair him with a Gattuso/De Rossi type, very high work rate and tackling, to make up for all the tackling Vukcevic wont be doing. Just think of Vuk like Riquelme, they are very similar though Riquelme of course much better.

Archived