sacked after winning the championship!

Walked the championship with Brighton, Ipswich finished in 2nd 15 points behind. Stayed well within my budget and players all happy (apart from the rubbish ones!) Two days later theres a takeover, new owner spends all summer trying to decide whether to keep me or not whilst enforcing his own transfer embargo. Then sacks me, and before you ask, no the club wasn't bought by cellino!

Anyone else had something as ridiculous as this happen? (which wasn't clearly a bug)

Same thing pretty much happened to me on 15, I was Corby Town and got them to the League 2 play off final, In the middle of a takeover..3 days before the final they complete the take over, sack me right away and replaced me with Jens Lehman!! They went on to get beat....Thankfully.

This is extreme enough to warrant SI getting a look to make sure the decision making was within expected behaviour.

To add to HUNT3R's post a save shortly before the takeover process starts could also be useful.

Tbh, I'm not even thinking of real life cases here, although I'd be very interested to hear real life examples. I can just see the logic in a new board idolising a certain manager and wanting to bring him in when they take over. If the poor sod currently in charge gets the sack, then so be it. More reasonable boards will of course look at the manager's track record. If he has been doing well, the chance of staying on is good - which is in FM already.

In this case though, it's not just a case of the manager doing well. He won the league and did well in all the other areas too. A very aggressive board could still see this as a chance to get the new, messiah manager in and take the club to the next level. For that reason, it may not be a bug. It is a harsh decision though and we don't know the chairman's personality/attributes. SI can take a look to see if this is working as intended.

It may be a bug and then tommylee5000 has given SI a great example to use for a future fix. It may also not be a bug, but SI had a chance to take a look at one of these examples to make sure it is working as intended and tommylee5000 will get a good explanation of what happened and what was swirling around in the chairman's thoughts when he axed him.

Outside from England big takeovers are not that common, so can someone mention some takeovers IRL where managers have been immediately fired even if the squad did very well? Judging by your answers it's apparently not that rare

Newport County this season, alright the team were struggling but within hours of the takeover Terry Butcher was sacked and replaced by John Sheridan

It's possible IRL although I can't think of any that have happened. Moyes is being linked to the Leeds job if the takeover goes through even though Evans only been there a few weeks.

However, this is a game we pay money to play, you could be putting hours, weeks and months in to a save and being well as the OP was and for no fault be sacked just sucks really. I'd be livid.

Possibly is a bug I think.

I know it could happen IRL and that SI try to mirror real-life mostly. However, Miles Jacobsen has said in more than one interview that they tone down injury frequency, and manager sackings - because otherwise people wouldn't be able to enjoy the game.

This sounds a little TOO like real-life in this respect so I do think SI will want to look at it :)

Hahaha.....Yeah, if I picked the team I wanted to manage and got through a season or more and did that well, only to be fired because of a takeover, I would be absolutely enraged and would probably throw things.....And I'm a very passive person haha.....It would really ruin the game. If I was doing poorly, that's one thing. But winning the league easily and getting fired, man that would make me mad.

I'm finishing FM15 with Cremonese promoted from Serie C2 1st place in season one, my chairman is retiring at the end of the season and I expect to be sacked too. I'm trying to extend my one year left contract and I see some strange expectations for above mid table finish?!

Yeah it might happen, but in your example above and in the Watford example (if I remember correctly), it was a disagreement between the manager and new board. Either it is about playing style or transfer policy or whatever. So, at the very least in this situation, the new board should ask you questions similar to an interview like "do you agree to play attacking football" "do you agree to sign key players" or something like that. If you don't agree to them, then maybe you get the sack. But I don't think there has been an example where a person guides a team to a championship and with no offseason drama or disagreement whatsoever, is terminated. Success is a very difficult thing to come by so why would they mess with it? And as others mentioned, its a game. People put significant time into it and if they are removed from all that time for something like this, it would **** 100% of the people off ha and completely ruin the save.

Archived