AdBoards Pack - cant manage getting to work

danmegtheman

hey people. just wanted to know if anybody managed to get the adboards to work? ....and please be so kind as to help me getting them to work. i installed everything the way it should be, deleted skin cahe and reloaded the skin new -> it didnt work.

im kind of confused because in the former versions it worked perfectly. is this a known issue? has everything changed according zo the format or the xmls?

thank you in advance

i cant imagine!i didnt install them wrong! definitely!

same procedure as last year and the year before.

in detail i did this:

copied the the xml here:

C:\Users\ivan\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\ads

and the graphics here:

C:\Users\ivan\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\graphics\pictures\ads

i deleted skin cache! and reloaded skin!

i really dont know whats wrong! any ideas

Work fine for me and the coding hasn't changed so you must be installing them wrong (instructions are exactly the same as for FM13).

Not working for me either.....I am no novice mate......installed as always.....NOTHING

Work fine for me and the coding hasn't changed so you must be installing them wrong (instructions are exactly the same as for FM13).

I did NOT install them wrong! believe me! i play FM since lots of years, created lots of skins, add on graphics and so on..... there IS definiteley something not okay!

they also worked in FM13 and in my despair i also tested linking FM to FM13 Folder(because theres the structure 100% right, because they worked there).....result: all other graphics work, adboards DONT.

thats what happened to lots of people who arent novices! im sure theres something wrong.. could something have changed? are there different beta versions?

Nothings changed, my ones from FM13 work fine

I suggest you check to make sure the file path and names in the xml file exactly matches the path and names of the graphics.

Nothing I have done works. Nothing.

I moved the graphics folder entirely between one folder and the other, copied the ads folder to its opposite in the 2014 folder and .... not a thing.

And then, just to prove that I wasn't going daft, I re-installed everything back again in the 2013 folder.

Works like a charm.

For everyone having problems make sure that the filepaths and names in both the xml file and folders exactly match.

for example:

pictures/ads/europe/england/clubs/fulham/

is NOT the same as:

pictures/ads/Europe/England/Clubs/Fulham/

Now everything works fine! I only changed folders name.

I have downloaded the Adboards and installed them ( I think ) correctly.

How can I test they are working correctly without plowing through a series of matches.

I haven't started the game yet, but need to know I have this correct ???

Any help much appreciated.

I can confirm, after I've used Renamer and I've did a rename to small letter to all the files (including also the directories) the ADS are working perfect.

thanks to all of you who have found the solution.

Have a great evening :D

Tearing my hair out with this.

I have all other graphics working and know what I'm doing.

I've made everything lower case and am using the fm no club xml file, all folders are in the correct place.

No idea why it won't show but all I get are the default adboards.

Can't understand why it wont work?

Hey, not sure if i'm allowed to do this, but follow this link:

http://sortitoutsi.net/forums/topic/3126/2013-adboard-patch?page=14

I downloaded the file posted at the bottom of page 14, then follow carefuly the install instruction on page 1 of that thread, and it works !!!!

If you don't want to download the +400mb file again, you can use a free utility at http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php to rename all the affected folders as lower case in just a few clicks.

Not working here... i try everything, even re-install the game, remove all the graphics and still can't see default boards (i see black boards). Anyone?

I have the boards from FM13 version, changed all names to lower case (as indicated in this thread) and it worked. Make sure all names are lower case, otherwise it won't work.

I have the boards from FM13 version, changed all names to lower case (as indicated in this thread) and it worked. Make sure all names are lower case, otherwise it won't work.

I try to install the version Fm 2014 Ad Board Patch 14.02. All the folder in Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\graphics\pictures\ads are with lower case. I don't what is wrong... i remove the ads pack, and still not seeing the game default ads board, still showing black boards.

This black board in game.. could be a hardware problem (conflict with integrated video card) or windows 8.1? I try using very high detail and hardware rendering, also very low detail and software rendering. In both case i see black board in game :(

Everything is working now :D Re-install the game and steam for the second time, remove all the cache file in users account in C. Restart the game without extra graphics, leave settings in preferences default and i see now the default board sigames.

Then I add the extra graphics and ads board, made my settings in preferences (use very low graphics) and now i see the new ads boards :p

I put again my files in E:\Games\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\graphics\pictures\ads and everything is working OK. No need using the default folder C:\My documents :)

uos9.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Archived