FM14: Free Agents

lewis999

Thought we could have a thread for the managers that don't have any transfer budget and would like to know some players that can be bought with minimal cost.

We could lay it out something like :

Name :

Nationality :

Position :

Wage demand :

What level he's good for :

Anything else you can think of :

Really just provide as much information as possible.

Name : Jay Simpson

Nationality : English

Position : ST/AMR

Wage demand : 8-10k

What level he's good for : Championship

Anything else you can think of : Good championship Striker. Aged 24 so still room to grow.

Name : Jake Jervis

Position : ST

Wage demand : Under 1k

What level he's good for : L2

Anything else you can think of : 22 year old striker with excellent physical stats. Good potential.

Name : Jody Morris

Position : DM/CM

Wage demand : 1/2k

What level he's good for : L1/L2

Anything else you can think of : Golden Oldie with some good stats. Good investment to get a season or 2 out of.

Name : Chris Hogg

Position : CB

What level he's good for : L1

Anything else you can think of : Solid CB for most L1 sides. Cheap wages.

Name : Anthony Reveillere

Nationality : French

Position : DR

Wage demand : £12k p.w

What level he's good for : Premier League

Anything else you can think of : Vastly experienced, still has much to offer.

Name : Yossi Benayoun

Nationality : Israeli

Position : AMC(R/L)

Wage demand : £8k p/w

What level he's good for : Mid-Premier League

Anything else you can think of : Perfect for a lower level top flight team.

Name : Oguchi Onyewu

Nationality : American

Position : DC

Wage demand : low

What level he's good for : signed him for Belgiums first division, but I'm sure he provides a good backup for a premiership side. Just left Milan.

Anything else you can think of : Tank, 20 strenght. A must-sign for me.

Name : Mahamadou Diarra

Nationality : Mali

Position : DM\MC

Wage demand : approx £10k

What level he's good for : mid-table prem and below

Anything else you can think of : can be injury prone but worth the risk if you need a cheap backup, or starter for lower prem sides

Name : Chris Hogg

Position : CB

Anything else you can think of : Solid CB for most L1 sides. Cheap wages.

Great shout :thup:.

Name : Julian Kelly

Nationality : Irish

Position : RB

Wage demand : 1.5k

What level he's good for : High L1, Low Champ.

Name : Adriano Basso

Nationality : Brazillian

Position : GK

Wage demand : £900

Anything else you can think of : No W/P needed.

Name : Lee Croft

Position : RM/RW

Wage demand : 1.5k - 2k

What level he's good for : High L1, Low Champ

Name : Marko Babic

Nationality : Croatian

Position : LM

Wage demand : 1.5k

Anything else you can think of : Slightly older but experienced and is a very solid L1 LM.

Name : Franco Zuculini

Nationality : Argentinian (Italian 2nd nationality so no work permit needed)

Position : MC/DM, M®

Wage demand : I signed him for Liverpool, as a squad rotation player and he is happy on £12.5k per week. He only asked for back up squad status but I was in competition with other clubs so offered a bit more.

What level he's good for : Premier League

Anything else you can think of : He's only 22, already capped (once) by Argentina. Great mental stats (high 18-19 DET, BRAVERY, WORK RATE, STAM) which I like in my DM's or MC box to box, ball winning midfielders.

Name : Faouzi Chaouchi

Nationality : Algeria

dugv.jpg

**Obviously his ban is an issue**

Think that ban is related to his aggression issue..... think that's the same keeper who headbutted the referee in an African Cup of Nations match a few years ago. Surprised he's still banned, unless he's done something else!

Still, looks solid enough, aside from the 20 eccentricity ;)

Think that ban is related to his aggression issue..... think that's the same keeper who headbutted the referee in an African Cup of Nations match a few years ago. Surprised he's still banned, unless he's done something else!

Still, looks solid enough, aside from the 20 eccentricity ;)

And the 8 handling, 6 decisions and 4 concentration! 19 flair is interesting for a keeper too

Chaouchi is banned for another incident. Something like boycotting an award ceremony after a cup final.

Noticed this fella was released at the end of last season by Benfica, I'm managing Utd in the beta so won't be getting him but when I start my career Murcia save and others he'll be getting signed up straight away, great stats for a fella just gone 20.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4782/937i.png

Name : Andre Gomes

Nationality : Portuguese

Position : MC (natural), AMC (accomplished), DMC (competent)

Wage demand : 3.9k-5.5k p/w according to my scout

What level he's good for : Can step straight in at leading Championship/ Liga Adalante level & good for lower top division clubs too.

Anything else you can think of : Utd scout David Friio says he has the potential to be a star Premier League player so bags of potential to improve there too.

Noticed this fella was released at the end of last season by Benfica, I'm managing Utd in the beta so won't be getting him but when I start my career Murcia save and others he'll be getting signed up straight away, great stats for a fella just gone 20.

What level he's good for : Can step straight in at leading Championship/ Liga Adalante level & good for lower top division clubs too.

Anything else you can think of : Utd scout David Friio says he has the potential to be a star Premier League player so bags of potential to improve there too.

Nice Find!

Name: Cuauhtémoc Blanco

Position: AMC

Wage demand: 30-40k pa

Good for: League 1 and below, but probably unavailable in England due to work permit

Notes: Very slow, 131 caps for Mexico, Mental and technical ability of a top 5 premier league team for his position

Work permit: Yes. Retired from international football in 2010.

Name: Karim Boutadjine

Nationality: French

Position: AMR (Natural)/AML (Accomplished)

Provides a good option for those looking to play inside forwards as he's left footed.

Stats-wise, he'll be able to offer your side: Finishing 15, First Touch 16, Long Shots 14, Flair 15; alongside very reasonable Pace and Acceleration (14 & 13 respectively).

Name : Marius Zaliukas

Nationality : Lithuanian

Position : DC, but can play SW or DM if you are desperate.

Wage demand : I signed him for £2k p/w

What level he's good for : Lower champ down to League two.

Signed him due to Leeds (my club) signing him in real life. Whilst his composure (7) and balance (9) are on the small side, his aggression (19), leadership (16) and heading, tackling and marking (15 on mine, but he's improved) make him a worthwhile addition to most teams in the football league.

Alas, I just checked and he is back with Benfica. It might have been a database error?

Alas, I just checked and he is back with Benfica. It might have been a database error?

Just a few quickies, who work out well for lower league managers

Ivan Bosnjak : AM®/SC . 34yr old striker who amazingly still has 13 pace and acceleration, and 12 or above in all the relevant poacher categories. Will sign for £1.5-£1.8k per week, well within the budgets of most L2/L1/SPL teams.

Sofian Chahed : D®/WB®/DM/MR : 30yr old Tunisian International, two footed, and in all categories both for fullback and holding mid, looks absoloutely legendary. Quick enough to attack the flanks, solid enough to hold the centre of the field, and with excellent teamwork and workrate stats for those "Hold the Line" games. Wages between £2500 and £3000 PW

Gorka Larrea : DM/M(AM)C : Mr Versatility. Plays through the middle in any position, is an excellent Ball Winning Mid, and has just enough passing and creativity to sit behind the front two threading the bullets into the machine. Wages between £1500 and £2000 PW.

Playing my Murcia career save now and a few I've noticed so far:

Name : Wilfred Bouma

Nationality : Dutch

Position : DC/ DL

Wage demand : signed for 1.7k p/w for me

What level he's good for : Leading Liga Adalante/ Championship, will most likely sign for lower too

Anything else you can think of : Beast of a centre half that will do the job for anyone strapped for cash for a year or two

Name : Fran Yeste

Nationality : Spanish

Position : AMC/ AML

Wage demand : 1.2k p/w for me

What level he's good for : Scouts said only segunda b/ league 1 standard but stats wise he's a great advanced playmaker either from the left or middle attacking mid. Doing a good job for me with Murcia in the Adalante. Set piece expert and some great ppm's such as cuts inside to pass on.

Name : Miguel

Position: DR

Wage demand : 2.4k p/w

What level he's good for : lower prem/ bbva

Anything else you can think of : Released from Valencia in the summer but can still do a good job as a full back or complete or normal wing back for a year or two.

Name : Michalis Konstantinou

Nationality : Cypriot

Position : ST

Wage demand : 2.3.3.5k p/w

What level he's good for : Good Championship/ Adalante player

Anything else you can think of : Another oldie at 35 but great stats and looks like he'd be an excellent target man.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Name : Bressan

Nationality : Bulgarian

Position : MC/AMC

Wage demand : Seems to vary but normally not that far away from about £15k p/w

What level he's good for : Easily good enough for mid table Prem teams, could be useful back up for better teams.

Anything else you can think of : Played him as a CF on FM13 but havent had a chance to do so yet this year. Does need a work permit but normally it will be granted.

Name : Mayke

Nationality : Brazilian

Position : DR/WBR/MR (also competent in MC/AMR/AMC)

Wage demand : <10k p/w

What level he's good for : Was decent enough back up for my Man Utd team in the first season, should develop into a 'leading PL RB' apparently :p.

Anything else you can think of : Not strictly a free agent but will join on a free when his contract with Cruzerio finishes (1/12/2013).

• 2 months later...

Tim Wiese is available on a free in the 14.3 patch. While he is not without flaws he is world class on the line and in 1on1 situations. Currently on route to Premier League keeper of the season for me with an average rating over 7.5

Name : Tim Wiese

Nationality : German

Wage demand : 3.5 million € per annum

What level he's good for : mid to top level Prem

Anything else you can think of : He might sign for less for a good club as he wasn't really interested in coming at all.

Archived