Mr Hough's 4-2-1-3 for FM12

Welcome to My last Thread and Tactic for FM12.

Before I get into the Tactic though I was make a Formal Apology to Tactikzz for any Disrespect or Hurt that I may have caused in my Previous Thread, This was not my intention and if I offended you in anyway then I apologise for that.

The way I have been Perceived by people though is the thing that has hurt me, I made a mistake, a Stupid mistake and I have been branded as being the worst thing since the plague, This isn’t fair, I didn’t set out to hurt or upset anyone, Fair enough I did things the wrong way and shouldn’t have done but it’s done and I have to put up with that, What I want to do is help people play FM, That’s why I MAKE Tactics.

That’s right I Make the tactics myself, A lot of my tactics are based around tactics that I have made for previous versions of FM, example, When I made the tactics for FM11 I used the base from my FM10 tactics, The patches are very similar you see and normally it only tactics and few tweaks here and there to get the tactic back on track again. I have been accused as Ripping/Copying peoples tactics, I want to categorically deny this, I use idea’s and read what people do and look at others tactics to see what people are doing and if I do use any slight variation of settings that they use in their tactics I state very clearly in the OP that I have used this idea and implemented it in my tactic. That’s about as far as it has gone.

It’s been frustrating reading all the things that’s been written about me, People are entitled to think what they want to I’m not going to ask people to change their opinion of me, The only way I can change people’s opinions of me is by making Awesome tactics and Analysis and helping people who might be stuck and not sure what to do within certain aspects of tactics.

Even is If I do that though I’m still not going to please or make everyone happy, I’ll have a good go though.

I just wanted to get this off my chest and make a formal apology to Tactikzz.

This tactic has been based around my 4-1-2-2-1 Cena Wins tactic, I have changed it into a 4-2-1-3 and changed a lot of settings but the theory behind that tactic is the same as the one in this one getting the Ball to the central ST to score the goals.

The central ST will be the main source of goals, I wouldn’t have it any other way, he is in the best Position to score and I would describe him best as a Poacher, You will see him all the time drifting left and right of the 2 main opposition CB’s and getting onto through balls from the MC who plays very much like a Deep Laying Playmaker in this tactic.

The MC will look to start plays and link up with the 3 ST’s whenever he can, Often you will see the Left and Right ST running cutting in from the wing and passing to the MC in the support position and then the MC lays the through ball to the ST to score, beautiful play and Beautiful Goals scored.

The left and Right ST are mainly used as Advanced Wingers but in the ST role, Look to have creative Fast ST/Wingers in this position, Static Target Men are simply no good in this Role.

I have the left and right ST’s marking the Fullbacks aswell, I first noticed this in the Grid tactic and when I read why Tacktizz put this in the tactic it was simply to make the ST’s track back, I though think it does so much more than that myself, I have noticed that the ST’s pull the Opposition defence very wide and that gives the Center ST ample time to move around the pitch as I have stated above.

Great Find Tactizz.

Because I am playing with a high D-Line the 2 DM’s become a very important piece of the tactic and formation, because the opposition find it hard to break through my defence, They tend to play a lot of long balls trying to find they Attacking players first Time. It is important to have both CB’s and DM’s with High Positioning and Heading Stats. The DM’s also play an important part in breaking up a lot of opposition play.

I decided to go with the 2 DM’s instead of one as a lot of teams these days play with AMC and Advanced Wingers, It’s hard to counter that with just 1 DM so the use of 2 is much better to protect the defence. The thing that makes the DM’s Shine though is the CM, As I have said before the Role he plays in the tactic is Excellent and he roams around the centre of the Pitch with Effortless ease.

I think that is about it about how the tactic plays.

I have provided Player Filters of what I would be looking for in the position.

Keeper - Any Decent Keeper will be great.

Fullbacks - Heading - Tackling - Positioning - Pace - Marking – Anticipation

Centre Backs - Heading - Tackling - Positioning - Pace - Marking - Anticipation

Defensive Midfielders – Heading – Positioning – Marking – Tackling – Work Rate – Team Work – Strength

Central Midfielder – Passing – Technique – First Touch – Composure – Creativity – Decisions – Off The Ball – Team Work.

LT and ST - Dribbling - Flair - Agility - Technique - Pace - Finishing – Creativity - Crossing - First Touch - Passing - Decisions - Off The Ball - Composure

Center ST - Finishing - Composure - Decisions - First Touch - Off The Ball - Pace – Anticipation - Flair - Determination

Team Talks - Use whichever you feel is working for you, I generally ask my Assistant.

Match Prep - I have been using Very High with Attacking Mentality with No defense Errors. If you wanna try something Different then that's up to you.

Opposition Instructions - I don't use any at all

Training - Use one you have been using, I haven't been using any during the testing of this tactic.

Pitch Size – Minimum

Once again I want to State how sorry I am for what I did and hopefully we can all move on as a Community.

Enjoy the tactic.

Dave.

http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/52513300/file.html

http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/52513300/file.html

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone else keeps bringing up and mentions what happened the other day after it's already been dealt with will face a warning and time away from the boards. This ends now!!!

People cannot carry this on thread to thread.

If anyone else keeps bringing up and mentions what happened the other day after it's already been dealt with will face a warning and time away from the boards. This ends now!!!

People cannot carry this on thread to thread.

Stop mentioning, I don't see anyone talking about what happened the other day.

You just make people remember it again.

Mr Hough, love you work as always! Only lost one game since this one!

Keep it up!

Won Copa Lebertadores from South America with San Luis from Mexico in the 1 season, a team predicted 15th.

I was 3th in openning fase, in the Mexico League, and entered in Copa Libertadores.

The central striker is killing everyone, ahahahah.

Great football too.

I have holidayed to 01/06/2012 and now taken over England for the Euros.

Friendly Eng 3-1 Belgium

Group Game Spain 2-2 Eng

Group Game Montenegro 0-5 Eng (9 CCC!!)

Group Game France 0-3 Eng

Quarter Final Croatia 1-4 England

Semi Final GERMANY 1-3 England :)

Final Portugal 1-2 England

This is getting out of hand yet again. It's not the same tactic as far as I'm concerned. I posted a tactic that is very simliar at the beginning of the year, so have you both copied me? The fact is, many FM users share simliar settings across tactics as there isn't that many option to make them stand out and be that different. I could post around 5 tactics now all with simliar settings that was posted on here before any of you did your posts.

Now stop the arguing and getting friends to post in this thread having a pop.

If anyone has issues with someone then use the report function and let the mods sort it out.

The arguing in every thread between you 2 as got to stop, or I'll just take the easy option and ban you both.

I couldn't have put it better, I have no issues, All i am doing to help the community.

As Tactikzz can see in my OP i have written a full apology, Is that good enough no.

It is so just stop answering to his provocations. Ignore it and he'll go away.

Back to my deleted question (sob). Can I move side strikers to winger positions without it negatively affecting the tactic? Do the side strikers HAVE to be in ST spots?

Right I've yet again deleted all the crap from the thread. No more warnings or anything, the next person who posts off topic in this thread will be banned. Enough is enough

Back to my deleted question (sob). Can I move side strikers to winger positions without it negatively affecting the tactic? Do the side strikers HAVE to be in ST spots?

I tried this, in the last minutes of a game with negative effects. i tried spend time, and play a more defensive style, but draw the game.

Is better leave the 3 strikers up front to press the others team defence.

How about without changing any settings? I mean, those side strikers are supposedly playing as advanced wingers already, right?

The reason I keep asking about this is that I really hate 3 striker formations, they're totally not my thing, even when they work.

Yes you can move the Outer ST to the Winger position, They play mainly as wingers just in the position to give extra support to the ST.

I have the same experience with the 3FC tactics I have made. The function so great because the opponent cant handle the Central FC once the outer FCs has dragged the DCs out Of position. Change that and you change the core Of the tactic.

In agree in principle with this, but with the left and right ST marking the Fullbacks they will pull the fullbacks out of position, It may need a tweak here and there but it will still work the same

Are these filters interchangeable with Cena Wins if I wanted to use the IF's on the wing for that also (just to change it up a bit, plus I love that formation)? Or are the requirements different here?

I'm assuming filters for your tactics are pretty similar in general, since you use past tactics as the basis?

Match Prep, after the fluid,continue veryhigh , or average ?

I have always left it on very high, I know people say it don't have any effect on training etc after it gets really fluid so i don't seethe poin in changing it.

I have it on Attacking Play aswell

Are these filters interchangeable with Cena Wins if I wanted to use the IF's on the wing for that also (just to change it up a bit, plus I love that formation)? Or are the requirements different here?

I'm assuming filters for your tactics are pretty similar in general, since you use past tactics as the basis?

Yes absolutly, There are only very slight changes within each tactic so the filters for all tactics should be fine.

I have always left it on very high, I know people say it don't have any effect on training etc after it gets really fluid so i don't seethe poin in changing it.

I have it on Attacking Play aswell

the point would be that leaving it on very high, it keeps taking away the focus your players have on training, putting on on low when fluid gives your training much more focus

the point would be that leaving it on very high, it keeps taking away the focus your players have on training, putting on on low when fluid gives your training much more focus

Really, I always though that it had no issues with Training

Really, I always though that it had no issues with Training

I might just be me not understanding the game but...

Go to a player -> training (on the player)

it is listed as

Scheduled training

Match preparation

Positioning

Preferred Move Training

Individual Focus

at very low it is listed out as

Scheduled training 90%

Match preparation 10%

Positioning

Preferred Move Training

Individual Focus

At average it is listed out as

Scheduled training 70%

Match preparation 30%

Positioning

Preferred Move Training

Individual Focus

At very high it is listed out as

Scheduled training 50%

Match preparation 50%

Positioning

Preferred Move Training

Individual Focus

with individual focus or trying to learn a new position the Scheduled training goes even lower

So as I'm reading it, you take almost away half the Scheduled training at very high, compared to having the Match preparation on very low

Can't see anywhere if Match preparation adds to the training in some areas? Guess it should add some, but it isn't clear to me

On the subject of the player attributes, I tend to look at 13 and above for top teams, but what about a team in Blue Square Bet Premier or South? Would be interested in other peoples thoughts maybe 8 or above?

On the subject of the player attributes, I tend to look at 13 and above for top teams, but what about a team in Blue Square Bet Premier or South? Would be interested in other peoples thoughts maybe 8 or above?

Whittle it down to the most important attributes like for a Central Defender the most important ones for me are Tackling Pace Positioning and Heading, Maybe Jumping as well.

So i will just them as a guide and go with 10 for all of them, You should be able to get someone for them stats

This is an amazing tactic dave..imo the best i have ever played with. I am Man U in 2021 and i just beat blackpool 15-1...Have played 17 games so far, scored 85 goals and conceded only 7 in the EPL..Talk about amazing!!!!..thanks for the wonderful tactic

Okay so, as always I test tactics with a strong team before I start to use it in my personal save.

Testing with man city and have signed higuain to ensure that I have the best possible players in each position, and now I have a well balanced team.

Will test for 12 premier league games including the european and domestic cup fixtures.

Look out for my feedback and screenshots.

All i have to say is Thanks mr hough for all your hardwork and creating this tactic. Here's the results of the season:-

ronwilsonnewsinbox.png

And this was the last game, the champions league final against real madrid

crystalpalacevrmadridin.png

Wonderful result and season. Thanks again Mr Hough!!!!

Archived