+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 100 of 324

Thread: Football Manager Handheld 2012 (Android) Feedback Thread

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Sports Interactive Bertie BG's Avatar
    Join Date
    15th January 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,420

    Default Football Manager Handheld 2012 (Android) Feedback Thread

    Details are available on our website: http://www.sigames.com/news/14114/Fo...+Android+debut

    GooglePlay link - http://bit.ly/Iz05nq
    Last edited by Marc Vaughan; 11-04-2012 at 16:51.

  2. #2
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Just to clarify from the press release - it'll work on any Android device which is Android 2.2 and above WITH a resolution of at least 480x320 (most Android phones are above this but there are a very few below it so its worth mentioning imho).

  3. #3
    Amateur
    Join Date
    22nd October 2010
    Location
    Karlovac, Croatia
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    Just to clarify from the press release - it'll work on any Android device which is Android 2.2 and above WITH a resolution of at least 480x320 (most Android phones are above this but there are a very few below it so its worth mentioning imho).
    About the resolution. Does this include 320x480 (which is sort of "standard" measuring for that resolution)? (Just asking, I don't know if there is any phone with 480x320, thanks.)

  4. #4
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th February 2012
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Omg mark and the development team you are GODS! Will it work on my galaxy tab 10.1? If not I have my desire HD! So pumped for this!

  5. #5
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yiddo88 View Post
    Omg mark and the development team you are GODS! Will it work on my galaxy tab 10.1? If not I have my desire HD! So pumped for this!
    It'll work fine on both the Galaxy Tab (we have one in QA which its been tested on) as well as your DesireHD

    (you'll also be able to move save games between the two if you want to)

  6. #6
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th February 2012
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Ah sweet that'll be good for when I'm bored at work. Will I have to pay for it once or twice?

  7. #7
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2010
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ιвяσ View Post
    About the resolution. Does this include 320x480 (which is sort of "standard" measuring for that resolution)? (Just asking, I don't know if there is any phone with 480x320, thanks.)
    From my experience (I haven't really checked with a debugger), when you rotate your phone the resolution changes to 480x320.

  8. #8
    Amateur
    Join Date
    22nd October 2010
    Location
    Karlovac, Croatia
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceirdiff View Post
    From my experience (I haven't really checked with a debugger), when you rotate your phone the resolution changes to 480x320.
    Yes, that is the "answer". I forgot about rotating phone *thing*, thanks for reminding me.

  9. #9
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    15th June 2008
    Posts
    2,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    Just to clarify from the press release - it'll work on any Android device which is Android 2.2 and above WITH a resolution of at least 480x320 (most Android phones are above this but there are a very few below it so its worth mentioning imho).
    Really, any? That's great news.

  10. #10
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    31st May 2006
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    Just to clarify from the press release - it'll work on any Android device which is Android 2.2 and above WITH a resolution of at least 480x320 (most Android phones are above this but there are a very few below it so its worth mentioning imho).
    does that include something low end like samsung galaxy Y? i was under impression that list of compatible devices to be released with game 11/4...

  11. #11
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st November 2008
    Location
    for god and ulster
    Posts
    397

    Default

    best decision ever!!!

    i had sold my laptop so hadntbeen able to play fm

    now i can play on my phone or tablet

    well done for seeing how good android is lol

  12. #12
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th March 2010
    Location
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Any chance FM researchers get a free copy?

    Nice work, looking forward to playing FM all day, all night. Literally.

  13. #13
    Amateur
    Join Date
    20th June 2004
    Posts
    199

    Default

    How many Football Manager options are actually available on handheld devices? I am aware that it is a stripped-down version but what it's like?

  14. #14
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eborg View Post
    How many Football Manager options are actually available on handheld devices? I am aware that it is a stripped-down version but what it's like?
    If you're old enough - Think about our earlier titles back around 2001 and you'll have a decent vision of what I aimed for when I designed the Handheld games, its slimlines and faster to play than FM PC - but still feels realistic and most importantly fun

    (you have fairly deep training, tactics and transfer options but not the minutae of items which are present in the PC game)

  15. #15
    Amateur
    Join Date
    20th June 2004
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    If you're old enough - Think about our earlier titles back around 2001 and you'll have a decent vision of what I aimed for when I designed the Handheld games, its slimlines and faster to play than FM PC - but still feels realistic and most importantly fun

    (you have fairly deep training, tactics and transfer options but not the minutae of items which are present in the PC game)
    Of course, that version still holds a very special place in my heart. Very excited to try it out then!

  16. #16
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th July 2011
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    If you're old enough - Think about our earlier titles back around 2001 and you'll have a decent vision of what I aimed for when I designed the Handheld games, its slimlines and faster to play than FM PC - but still feels realistic and most importantly fun

    (you have fairly deep training, tactics and transfer options but not the minutae of items which are present in the PC game)
    Will definitely get it
    But can you go deeper into it?

  17. #17
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suckerkevin View Post
    Will definitely get it
    But can you go deeper into it?
    What do you mean exactly? - with regards to depth I'm afraid that a forum post isn't probably sufficient for explaining the game fully - I'd recommend you read some of the discussions about tactics, training etc. on these forums and one other unofficial ones such as FMHVibe, Vibe has a lot of good articles about aspects of the iOS version of the game as well - which will give you a good idea of what to expect on the Android (as they share a common codebase).

  18. #18
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th February 2012
    Posts
    22

    Default

    How difficult was it in the end to move it onto Android? I'm intrigued lol, even though you were playing us the entire time. I'm just curious how you got around the different versions each manufacturer has of Android?

  19. #19
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th November 2000
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    If you're old enough - Think about our earlier titles back around 2001 and you'll have a decent vision of what I aimed for when I designed the Handheld games, its slimlines and faster to play than FM PC - but still feels realistic and most importantly fun

    (you have fairly deep training, tactics and transfer options but not the minutae of items which are present in the PC game)
    :-D Haven't been addicted to FM for a while (due to time restraints). Going back to the roots like this could drag me right back though! Nice one guys.
    Last edited by Conchie; 07-04-2012 at 21:20.

  20. #20
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2010
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Glad I didn't buy FMHi12 if it's coming to Android soon

    Can't wait, but the timings wrong being released just weeks before my GCSEs ;)

  21. #21
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    3rd February 2008
    Location
    All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Awesome!! Cannot wait till next week!!

  22. #22
    Amateur
    Join Date
    8th May 2008
    Posts
    110

    Default

    That was quick! (officially)
    Last edited by atcdelay; 05-04-2012 at 16:54.

  23. #23
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st November 2008
    Location
    for god and ulster
    Posts
    397

    Default

    if only the pc game was still like that, please keep it like that forever, sorry this is @marcvaughan

  24. #24
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by will8578 View Post
    if only the pc game was still like that, please keep it like that forever, sorry this is @marcvaughan
    The aim is to ensure that FMH always stays as a streamlines and faster experience than the FM PC one, don't worry.

  25. #25
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th March 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    677

    Default

    Great news for si and android users, but don't forget about the more important iDevices ;) Oh and the PSP

  26. #26
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bantam Searley95 View Post
    Great news for si and android users, but don't forget about the more important iDevices ;) Oh and the PSP
    As always I'll do my best to ensure that all the games are as good as possible (and none is more or less important than another imho).

  27. #27
    Amateur
    Join Date
    22nd March 2003
    Location
    Exiled in the North...
    Posts
    941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bantam Searley95 View Post
    Great news for si and android users, but don't forget about the more important iDevices ;) Oh and the PSP
    Surely you mean PS Vita.

  28. #28
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st February 2012
    Posts
    11

    Default

    yessssss finally i'll be able to play something in school.

  29. #29
    Amateur
    Join Date
    20th July 2008
    Posts
    10

    Default

    I have never encountered an Android app/game where you had to pay twice to have the game running across 2 devices. Apps/games are usually tied to your Google account, not device. I assume this would be the same with FMH?

  30. #30
    Reserves
    Join Date
    22nd January 2012
    Location
    Elland Road
    Posts
    10,996

    Default

    this was a question tht I have already found out.
    Last edited by ri916; 06-04-2012 at 14:57.

  31. #31
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th February 2012
    Posts
    22

    Default

    So when we were all pleading on the android thread, the crafty development team were already hard at work on it?

  32. #32
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yiddo88 View Post
    So when we were all pleading on the android thread, the crafty development team were already hard at work on it?
    If you re-read my answers in the forums over the last year or two you'll see a subtle shift from 'no we're not doing it' to 'its very difficult and I hope we'll be able to support it at some stage' ....

    (my mum taught me to be a good boy and not lie .... but I'm allowed subtle misdirection ;) )

  33. #33
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th February 2012
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Haha very sly mark, roll on Wednesday!!! What time will it roughly be available from?

  34. #34
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th February 2012
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Marc** stupid auto spell

  35. #35
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yiddo88 View Post
    Haha very sly mark, roll on Wednesday!!! What time will it roughly be available from?
    Its not something I'll be triggering myself - but I believe it'll be sometime in the afternoon (UK time) ... I don't think an exact time is given purely because its our first android release and we have no idea the amount of time taken for it to replicate into the stores etc. ... as soon as its available I'll be online and shouting about it, don't worry ;)

  36. #36
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th December 2003
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Best News Ever!! Well done SI :-)

  37. #37
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd March 2003
    Location
    L'Derry, N. Ireland
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Will it be the same on tablets as on phones, or do you use the additional space for a more detailed UI?

  38. #38
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quboid View Post
    Will it be the same on tablets as on phones, or do you use the additional space for a more detailed UI?
    For the initial release the layout will be the same on Tablets as on Phones - however moving forward (to post release updates) I'm expecting us to do a dedicated tablet skin once we know the most popular tablet resolutions out there, that will probably follow a similar pattern to the iPad skin and have additional data shown in tables and possibly a squad selection page optimized specifically for the tablets.

    (the main thing for the initial release was to get the game ready, stable, playable and 'fun' tbh - something I'm pleased to say we've done )

  39. #39
    Amateur
    Join Date
    20th July 2008
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    For the initial release the layout will be the same on Tablets as on Phones - however moving forward (to post release updates) I'm expecting us to do a dedicated tablet skin once we know the most popular tablet resolutions out there, that will probably follow a similar pattern to the iPad skin and have additional data shown in tables and possibly a squad selection page optimized specifically for the tablets.

    (the main thing for the initial release was to get the game ready, stable, playable and 'fun' tbh - something I'm pleased to say we've done )
    A dedicated tablet skin... the news just keeps on getting better.
    I don't read/post on here that much, so my apologies if this question has been asked, but with tablets becoming more powerful, especially with the dual and quad core devices out there, is it reasonable to say we will be seeing a 3D match engine anytime soon or is this not feasible at the moment?

    Appreciate all the hard work you put in to getting the Android version of this out there, i've been a fan of this game since the original Amiga 500 release back in the early 90's, back in the days of the great Darius Spetyla and Nii Lamptey. Amazing how much the game has evolved since then.

  40. #40
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th May 2008
    Posts
    19

    Default

    AAAAAAAAAA finally!! will it work on my Motorola Droid RAZR and Motorola Xoom?!

  41. #41
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th February 2012
    Posts
    22

    Default

    One last question from me. Can I play as my local team Truro City who play in the conference south?

  42. #42
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    9th January 2008
    Location
    www.fmhvibe.co.uk
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    Yes you can. It includes the same leagues as iOS.
    http://fmhvibe.co.uk - The original Football Manager Handheld fansite

  43. #43
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th February 2012
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Thanks for the info, I'm not sure what leagues iOS has, never owned anything apple, not my cup of tea. Looking forward to dominating the prem with Truro haha

  44. #44
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    9th January 2008
    Location
    www.fmhvibe.co.uk
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    Australia - A League
    Belgium - Division 1, Division 2
    Brazil - Serie A, Serie B
    England - Premier League, Championship, League 1, League 2, Blue Square Premier, Blue Square South, Blue Square North
    France - Ligue 1, Ligue 2, National
    Germany - Bundesliga, Bundesliga 2, 3. Bundesliga
    Holland - Eredivisie, Eerste Divisie
    Italy - Serie A, Serie B, Serie C1 (4 divisions)
    Portugal - Division 1, Division 2
    Scotland - SPL, Division 1, Division 2, Division 3
    Spain - Liga BBVA, Liga Adalente, Liga 3 (3/4 divisions)
    Wales - Premier League

    Apologies for the names/any I may have missed I did it off the top of my head.
    http://fmhvibe.co.uk - The original Football Manager Handheld fansite

  45. #45
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th February 2012
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Its got all the decent leagues so I'm happy. Roll on Wednesday!

  46. #46
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    31st May 2006
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dec9693 View Post
    Australia - A League
    Belgium - Division 1, Division 2
    Brazil - Serie A, Serie B
    England - Premier League, Championship, League 1, League 2, Blue Square Premier, Blue Square South, Blue Square North
    France - Ligue 1, Ligue 2, National
    Germany - Bundesliga, Bundesliga 2, 3. Bundesliga
    Holland - Eredivisie, Eerste Divisie
    Italy - Serie A, Serie B, Serie C1 (4 divisions)
    Portugal - Division 1, Division 2
    Scotland - SPL, Division 1, Division 2, Division 3
    Spain - Liga BBVA, Liga Adalente, Liga 3 (3/4 divisions)
    Wales - Premier League

    Apologies for the names/any I may have missed I did it off the top of my head.
    cool. ickle question: will db include "decent" players from denmark? it 's the only country not listed above where i've sourced talent: players & staff....

  47. #47
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th February 2007
    Posts
    216

    Default

    I'm really really really bad at making jokes ..

    (MV - Edited to prevent instaban from occuring, be sensible in future please)
    Last edited by Marc Vaughan; 07-04-2012 at 19:47.

  48. #48
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th November 2000
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Will it be possible to sync a game between two devices? Perhaps using Dropbox and/or Tasker?

  49. #49
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conchie View Post
    Will it be possible to sync a game between two devices? Perhaps using Dropbox and/or Tasker?
    Save games will be movable between Android devices, how you want to undertake that happening is entirely up to yourselves (support for such things isn't present in the game currently - but it is something I'm considering for the future, if anyone has recommendations for a system they think would work then let me know).

    (in a similar way you'll be able to swap tactics, shortlists and suchlike if you want to - either between your own devices or with friends)

  50. #50
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th November 2000
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    20

    Default

    If a save game just consists of one file and the save location can be customised then dropbox should be able to do it no problem.

  51. #51
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conchie View Post
    If a save game just consists of one file and the save location can be customised then dropbox should be able to do it no problem.
    The save game is a single file - but the location for the save is fixed presently (all data is installed into a location named fmh_data) - if people want during the update cycle I can probably look into allowing this to be customized so that it can be moved ...

  52. #52
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st November 2008
    Location
    for god and ulster
    Posts
    397

    Default

    @ conchie, same here, i actuallly sold my laptop and ended my love affair with fm, for me it was becoming too much, i then fell in love with android, and even better i can now have both again lol

  53. #53
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    9th January 2008
    Location
    www.fmhvibe.co.uk
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    I think they do but may as well as ask:

    Marc will things like this, this or this work?
    http://fmhvibe.co.uk - The original Football Manager Handheld fansite

  54. #54
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dec9693 View Post
    I think they do but may as well as ask:
    Marc will things like this, this or this work?
    To be quite honest I haven't 100% checked - but in theory all the various saved files from the iOS version should work on Android, the only notable exception might be the unlockables file as I might have changed the format of that slightly I'm not certain (and tbh if I have then I wouldn't be totally upset as I think part of the fun is NOT CHEATING and unlocking things for yourself ;) ).

  55. #55
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th November 2009
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    To be quite honest I haven't 100% checked - but in theory all the various saved files from the iOS version should work on Android, the only notable exception might be the unlockables file as I might have changed the format of that slightly I'm not certain (and tbh if I have then I wouldn't be totally upset as I think part of the fun is NOT CHEATING and unlocking things for yourself ;) ).
    The unlockables file does work, it goes in the data file not tested the others

    EDIT - all the others work too, but them in 'user_data' this includes tactics
    Last edited by grimbo88; 11-04-2012 at 17:18.

  56. #56
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    9th January 2008
    Location
    www.fmhvibe.co.uk
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    I provide what people want, it is a popular file so I get members in by giving it them ;). Cheers for the answer, I will get someone to try on release day and tell you.
    http://fmhvibe.co.uk - The original Football Manager Handheld fansite

  57. #57
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th July 2008
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Marc, is there any option to test the bèta version of FMH. Just can't wait to play it, and if there are some issues I can give some feedback. Thanks in advance! Cheers

  58. #58

    Default

    This is sensational news, i have to admit to being very jaded reading all the previous threads about it not being likely for the moment. I hope the demand (almost) crashes the play store!

  59. #59
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Viola View Post
    Marc, is there any option to test the bèta version of FMH. Just can't wait to play it, and if there are some issues I can give some feedback. Thanks in advance! Cheers
    I'm afraid that isn't possible - however you only literally have a few days to wait until its released now .... roll on wednesday ;)

  60. #60
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th February 2012
    Posts
    22

    Default

    I don't think I can wait anymore lol

  61. #61
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th July 2008
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    I'm afraid that isn't possible - however you only literally have a few days to wait until its released now .... roll on wednesday ;)
    One more question: Can you tell me if the android version is any different from the iOs version? Thanks!

  62. #62
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th February 2012
    Posts
    22

    Default

    I would expect both games to be extremely similar if not exactly the same. Either way I can't wait :-)

  63. #63
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Viola View Post
    One more question: Can you tell me if the android version is any different from the iOs version? Thanks!
    They're very similar as they share the same code base (for the game code, obviously the hardware layer is entirely different).

  64. #64
    Amateur
    Join Date
    9th April 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I've been waited so long for this football manager in my android. In FM PC , I played since 2001.

    by the way, will this FM work on my LG optimus black?

    Thank you for the answer

  65. #65
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gielvandanu View Post
    by the way, will this FM work on my LG optimus black?
    Yes the game should work fine on that device - its well in excess of the minimum required spec.

    (it hasn't to my knowledge been tested specifically on that device - but I'm very confident it'll work without issue, obviously if anything does play-up then let me know and I'll get things tweaked asap)

  66. #66
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th October 2002
    Location
    Ryomgċrd, Denmark
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Well, damn. Now I have no use for my iPhone!

  67. #67
    Amateur
    Join Date
    30th September 2009
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Galaxy Y has a lower than minimum res, so I imagine it wont work.

  68. #68
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    31st May 2006
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrismarkham1982 View Post
    Galaxy Y has a lower than minimum res, so I imagine it wont work.
    thanks. yep will look at res, OS. what else needs bearing in mind re. memory, RAM, processor speed? i'm surprised they're apparently gonna release a "list" of compatible fones instead of just min.reqts.

  69. #69
    FMH Development Team Jamie King's Avatar
    Join Date
    31st October 2009
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrismarkham1982 View Post
    Galaxy Y has a lower than minimum res, so I imagine it wont work.
    Just to confirm this (quoting Marc in another thread):

    "I'm afraid it won't work on that device - as the resolution is below the minimum supported (320x480) sorry.

    The main reason is that the vast majority of devices on that resolution have very small screens which wouldn't make the touch input required for the game particularly usable imho, if enough people request it though then I would be open to reconsidering this at some point in the future."


    @Neil Train - We do try to make sure the db includes some of the higher reputation and high potential players regardless of which nation you have active. However, as Denmark is not a playable league - the pool of players is likely to be limited in that regard.

  70. #70
    Amateur
    Join Date
    30th September 2009
    Posts
    352

    Default

    The only point stopping you from playing is the screen resolution, otherwise it is very similar to the Galaxy Ace.

  71. #71
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrismarkham1982 View Post
    The only point stopping you from playing is the screen resolution, otherwise it is very similar to the Galaxy Ace.
    I've got an 'Ace' here and the game works great on that btw.

  72. #72
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2010
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Will th dynamic league reputation be in the game? Or in the very least, if I do successful in a league, will the other teams tend to do better as well?
    Not entirely related, but I remember on FMHi10 I bought a newport co. player for 1m to see what would happen. They made no further transfers and got relegated again...

  73. #73
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceirdiff View Post
    Will th dynamic league reputation be in the game? Or in the very least, if I do successful in a league, will the other teams tend to do better as well?
    Dynamic league reputation isn't present in FMH2012 - but it is something I'll be considering for the future.

    Not entirely related, but I remember on FMHi10 I bought a newport co. player for 1m to see what would happen. They made no further transfers and got relegated again...
    Depends entirely on the club, board and situation - with a lot of smaller clubs who might run at a loss and have unambitious chairmen they could well just bank the money against future losses (or to recoup past losses).

    (the manager at the club could have splurged some - but often the clubs in question are at a competant level already and they don't bother to, I can look at making them a bit more agressive in this regard, but the smaller inactive clubs in FMH tend to run a streamlined transfer AI to keep the game processing quickly - as such they aren't as active as clubs in active divisions)

  74. #74
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2010
    Posts
    390

    Default

    I just tried again on my Luton Town save (FMHi11, y: 2015). I bought a player from AFC Wimbledon for £7.5million (BSP was an active league). They made no other transfers for the whole window, but were correctly called rich. Small clubs surely aren't making losses of 7.5m?

  75. #75
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    As I said I'll take a look into it ... does sound unusual (although so it could be said is your spending 7.5m on a Blue Square player ;) ).

    PS - Do bear in mind that the transfer system has been tweaked a lot since FMHi 2011; so this might already be improved in that version, I can't know 100% if thats the case obviously until I've looked into it, but each update we try and rebalance and improve all of the game engine as much as possible based on the feedback we receive - what you're doing is a very unusual case and I can't honestly remember if its something our QA has covered previously (but will be doing so in the future ;) ).
    Last edited by Marc Vaughan; 10-04-2012 at 15:39.

  76. #76
    Amateur
    Join Date
    9th April 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Marc, FMH 2012 will be available on Google Play tonight, after 12pm or tommorow in the day?

  77. #77
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by konradstw View Post
    Marc, FMH 2012 will be available on Google Play tonight, after 12pm or tommorow in the day?
    From what I understand it'll be available tomorrow afternoon (UK Time) at some stage - I'm not the one actually activating it in store and I don't have any experience with how fast it replicates through the store to public visibility so I'm afraid I can't give any more advice than that presently ... obviously once its live I'll post here to let everyone know

  78. #78
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd March 2003
    Location
    L'Derry, N. Ireland
    Posts
    211

    Default

    No chance of an early release then? *whistles*

    I haven't played much FM lately, I've got too little time and when I do get playing, it feels like too much so this should be perfect.

  79. #79
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quboid View Post
    No chance of an early release then? *whistles*
    I hope not - Florida is 5 hours ahead of the UK, if it goes out before mid-day I'll be getting up before I go to bed ;)

  80. #80
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th November 2000
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    I hope not - Florida is 5 hours ahead of the UK, if it goes out before mid-day I'll be getting up before I go to bed ;)
    *ahem* behind ;-)

  81. #81
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd March 2003
    Location
    L'Derry, N. Ireland
    Posts
    211

    Default

    You're in Florida now? Don't you have to abandon your interest and knowledge of football at customs?

    Release it now, you'll have your whole evening to do super fun support!

  82. #82
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quboid View Post
    You're in Florida now? Don't you have to abandon your interest and knowledge of football at customs?
    LOL - all part of my plan to convert America to Footy one person at a time ;)

    (more seriously I'm playing more footy since I emigrated than I did in England in recent years - playing in two leagues now )

  83. #83
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    9th January 2008
    Location
    www.fmhvibe.co.uk
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    I don't think it is Marc's choice and even if it was he's too busy crying in a corner at Brighton losing .
    http://fmhvibe.co.uk - The original Football Manager Handheld fansite

  84. #84
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dec9693 View Post
    I don't think it is Marc's choice and even if it was he's too busy crying in a corner at Brighton losing .
    There's still a lot of the match yet - we'll turn it around yet .... hopefully ;)

  85. #85
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2010
    Posts
    390

    Default

    You'd better lose that game, otherwise I'll get angry xD

    Can't wait till release tomorrow, should be ace! Also means I can finally put my iPod to rest as it's only use is FMHi.

  86. #86
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceirdiff View Post
    You'd better lose that game, otherwise I'll get angry xD
    Put it this way - if this was an #FMH2012 match people would be complaining about super keepers ...

  87. #87
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd March 2003
    Location
    L'Derry, N. Ireland
    Posts
    211

    Default

    At this rate Liverpool are going to have a greyed out, made up player as our sub keeper in the semifinal

    Edit: Oh bl***y hell Jones!!
    Last edited by Quboid; 10-04-2012 at 21:31.

  88. #88
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2010
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Out of curiosity, will this be shipping with two databases?

    (Oh, and I'm still liking the score =])

  89. #89
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceirdiff View Post
    Out of curiosity, will this be shipping with two databases?
    FMH Android will ship with the January database only - the reasoning is simply that this keeps the download as compact (and fast to install) as possible, Android devices download themselves rather than on iOS where often people download onto a computer and then sync to that (and some older devices have small cache's which makes the downloads fairly slow).

  90. #90
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2010
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Will there be the ability to have the original database as well? I generally prefer playing on that one :P

  91. #91
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceirdiff View Post
    Will there be the ability to have the original database as well? I generally prefer playing on that one :P
    Not by default - I'll consider adding it in as an update if a fair few people request it though.

  92. #92
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd March 2003
    Location
    L'Derry, N. Ireland
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Will there be a pre-game editor?

  93. #93
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    9th January 2008
    Location
    www.fmhvibe.co.uk
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    No there won't but you could always start a save, save the game and load it into the FMHVibe Save Editor.
    http://fmhvibe.co.uk - The original Football Manager Handheld fansite

  94. #94
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    31st May 2006
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    can you expand on that? you mean there IS a way to edit data? sorry, have spent mty life playing the pc version am totally new to FMH!

  95. #95
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Train View Post
    can you expand on that? you mean there IS a way to edit data? sorry, have spent mty life playing the pc version am totally new to FMH!
    There isn't an 'official' way to edit the data - however there is an unofficial save game editor for FMH (not made by SI) which should work on the Android game, we won't know until its in the wild tbh.

  96. #96
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th November 2000
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    There isn't an 'official' way to edit the data - however there is an unofficial save game editor for FMH (not made by SI) which should work on the Android game, we won't know until its in the wild tbh.
    I'll let you know when I attempt to add £134m debt to Rangers! ;-)

  97. #97
    Amateur
    Join Date
    30th September 2009
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Will the player ratings /stats be identicle to the PC version or different

  98. #98
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrismarkham1982 View Post
    Will the player ratings /stats be identicle to the PC version or different
    The FMH games share the source database with the PC version however the attributes displayed are slightly different - one of the reasons for this is that the screens on handheld devices are smaller than on a PC (meaning less attributes can be easily visible at once), for this reason some attributes are amalgamated into a single visible item. For instance on the PC you can see 'Pace and Acceleration' seperately on FMH you see 'Pace' which is made up of 'Pace and Acceleration' behind the scenes.

  99. #99
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th January 2004
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Sigames doesn't seem to be working at the mo? When is the store meant to update?

  100. #100
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Medion View Post
    Sigames doesn't seem to be working at the mo? When is the store meant to update?
    The game should be around sometime tomorrow (ie. Wednesday) afternoon UK time - please be patient.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts