Football Manager Handheld 2012 (Android) Feedback Thread

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
If a save game just consists of one file and the save location can be customised then dropbox should be able to do it no problem.

The save game is a single file - but the location for the save is fixed presently (all data is installed into a location named fmh_data) - if people want during the update cycle I can probably look into allowing this to be customized so that it can be moved ...

• SI Staff
I think they do but may as well as ask:

Marc will things like this, this or this work?

To be quite honest I haven't 100% checked - but in theory all the various saved files from the iOS version should work on Android, the only notable exception might be the unlockables file as I might have changed the format of that slightly I'm not certain (and tbh if I have then I wouldn't be totally upset as I think part of the fun is NOT CHEATING and unlocking things for yourself ;) ).

• SI Staff
Marc, is there any option to test the bèta version of FMH. Just can't wait to play it, and if there are some issues I can give some feedback. Thanks in advance! Cheers

I'm afraid that isn't possible - however you only literally have a few days to wait until its released now .... roll on wednesday ;)

I'm afraid that isn't possible - however you only literally have a few days to wait until its released now .... roll on wednesday ;)

One more question: Can you tell me if the android version is any different from the iOs version? Thanks!

• SI Staff
One more question: Can you tell me if the android version is any different from the iOs version? Thanks!

They're very similar as they share the same code base (for the game code, obviously the hardware layer is entirely different).

• SI Staff
by the way, will this FM work on my LG optimus black?

Yes the game should work fine on that device - its well in excess of the minimum required spec.

(it hasn't to my knowledge been tested specifically on that device - but I'm very confident it'll work without issue, obviously if anything does play-up then let me know and I'll get things tweaked asap)

From my experience (I haven't really checked with a debugger), when you rotate your phone the resolution changes to 480x320.

Yes, that is the "answer". I forgot about rotating phone *thing*, thanks for reminding me. :)

Just to clarify from the press release - it'll work on any Android device which is Android 2.2 and above WITH a resolution of at least 480x320 (most Android phones are above this but there are a very few below it so its worth mentioning imho).

does that include something low end like samsung galaxy Y? i was under impression that list of compatible devices to be released with game 11/4...

Australia - A League

Belgium - Division 1, Division 2

Brazil - Serie A, Serie B

England - Premier League, Championship, League 1, League 2, Blue Square Premier, Blue Square South, Blue Square North

France - Ligue 1, Ligue 2, National

Germany - Bundesliga, Bundesliga 2, 3. Bundesliga

Holland - Eredivisie, Eerste Divisie

Italy - Serie A, Serie B, Serie C1 (4 divisions)

Portugal - Division 1, Division 2

Scotland - SPL, Division 1, Division 2, Division 3

Spain - Liga BBVA, Liga Adalente, Liga 3 (3/4 divisions)

Wales - Premier League

Apologies for the names/any I may have missed I did it off the top of my head.

cool. ickle question: will db include "decent" players from denmark? it 's the only country not listed above where i've sourced talent: players & staff....

Galaxy Y has a lower than minimum res, so I imagine it wont work.

thanks. yep will look at res, OS. what else needs bearing in mind re. memory, RAM, processor speed? i'm surprised they're apparently gonna release a "list" of compatible fones instead of just min.reqts.

• SI Staff
Galaxy Y has a lower than minimum res, so I imagine it wont work.

Just to confirm this (quoting Marc in another thread):

"I'm afraid it won't work on that device - as the resolution is below the minimum supported (320x480) sorry.

The main reason is that the vast majority of devices on that resolution have very small screens which wouldn't make the touch input required for the game particularly usable imho, if enough people request it though then I would be open to reconsidering this at some point in the future."

@Neil Train - We do try to make sure the db includes some of the higher reputation and high potential players regardless of which nation you have active. However, as Denmark is not a playable league - the pool of players is likely to be limited in that regard.

Will th dynamic league reputation be in the game? Or in the very least, if I do successful in a league, will the other teams tend to do better as well?

Not entirely related, but I remember on FMHi10 I bought a newport co. player for 1m to see what would happen. They made no further transfers and got relegated again...

• SI Staff
Will th dynamic league reputation be in the game? Or in the very least, if I do successful in a league, will the other teams tend to do better as well?

Dynamic league reputation isn't present in FMH2012 - but it is something I'll be considering for the future.

Not entirely related, but I remember on FMHi10 I bought a newport co. player for 1m to see what would happen. They made no further transfers and got relegated again...

Depends entirely on the club, board and situation - with a lot of smaller clubs who might run at a loss and have unambitious chairmen they could well just bank the money against future losses (or to recoup past losses).

(the manager at the club could have splurged some - but often the clubs in question are at a competant level already and they don't bother to, I can look at making them a bit more agressive in this regard, but the smaller inactive clubs in FMH tend to run a streamlined transfer AI to keep the game processing quickly - as such they aren't as active as clubs in active divisions)

I just tried again on my Luton Town save (FMHi11, y: 2015). I bought a player from AFC Wimbledon for £7.5million (BSP was an active league). They made no other transfers for the whole window, but were correctly called rich. Small clubs surely aren't making losses of 7.5m?

• SI Staff

As I said I'll take a look into it ... does sound unusual (although so it could be said is your spending 7.5m on a Blue Square player ;) ).

PS - Do bear in mind that the transfer system has been tweaked a lot since FMHi 2011; so this might already be improved in that version, I can't know 100% if thats the case obviously until I've looked into it, but each update we try and rebalance and improve all of the game engine as much as possible based on the feedback we receive - what you're doing is a very unusual case and I can't honestly remember if its something our QA has covered previously (but will be doing so in the future ;) ).

• SI Staff
Marc, FMH 2012 will be available on Google Play tonight, after 12pm or tommorow in the day?

From what I understand it'll be available tomorrow afternoon (UK Time) at some stage - I'm not the one actually activating it in store and I don't have any experience with how fast it replicates through the store to public visibility so I'm afraid I can't give any more advice than that presently ... obviously once its live I'll post here to let everyone know :D

• SI Staff
You're in Florida now? Don't you have to abandon your interest and knowledge of football at customs?

LOL - all part of my plan to convert America to Footy one person at a time ;)

(more seriously I'm playing more footy since I emigrated than I did in England in recent years - playing in two leagues now :D)

• SI Staff
I don't think it is Marc's choice and even if it was he's too busy crying in a corner at Brighton losing :p.

There's still a lot of the match yet - we'll turn it around yet .... hopefully ;)

• SI Staff
Out of curiosity, will this be shipping with two databases?

FMH Android will ship with the January database only - the reasoning is simply that this keeps the download as compact (and fast to install) as possible, Android devices download themselves rather than on iOS where often people download onto a computer and then sync to that (and some older devices have small cache's which makes the downloads fairly slow).

• SI Staff
Will there be the ability to have the original database as well? I generally prefer playing on that one :p

Not by default - I'll consider adding it in as an update if a fair few people request it though.

• SI Staff
Will the player ratings /stats be identicle to the PC version or different

The FMH games share the source database with the PC version however the attributes displayed are slightly different - one of the reasons for this is that the screens on handheld devices are smaller than on a PC (meaning less attributes can be easily visible at once), for this reason some attributes are amalgamated into a single visible item. For instance on the PC you can see 'Pace and Acceleration' seperately on FMH you see 'Pace' which is made up of 'Pace and Acceleration' behind the scenes.

The FMH games share the source database with the PC version however the attributes displayed are slightly different - one of the reasons for this is that the screens on handheld devices are smaller than on a PC (meaning less attributes can be easily visible at once), for this reason some attributes are amalgamated into a single visible item. For instance on the PC you can see 'Pace and Acceleration' seperately on FMH you see 'Pace' which is made up of 'Pace and Acceleration' behind the scenes.

Cheers for the reply Marc, just making sure Ive still got the same -what appears to be very good- Peterborough squad :D

Archived