Football Manager Handheld 2012 (Android) Feedback Thread

Works pretty fast in the Galaxy Note, but the game doesn't stretch to full screen (800 x 1280 pixels) that is a shame with this huge 5.3" screen :(

The intro screens are in full screen mode, the game it's not.

Really? :(

I hope @Marc Vaughan will look into it soon, I was hoping to enjoy it on the Note.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
Really? :(

I hope @Marc Vaughan will look into it soon, I was hoping to enjoy it on the Note.

We're definitely looking at a higher-resolution tablet screen as a possibility for an update at some stage. It may take a little while to get it to a stage where we're happy to send it out into the world, though - and of course it depends on which resolutions prove to be the most requested/used by purchasers of the game.

We're definitely looking at a higher-resolution tablet screen as a possibility for an update at some stage. It may take a little while to get it to a stage where we're happy to send it out into the world, though - and of course it depends on which resolutions prove to be the most requested/used by purchasers of the game.

Great news re updated resolutions... works great on my Samsung Galaxy S2, but, as already commented by others, does not fill my screen on my Asus EeePad TF101. Still, I am absolutely delighted to be playing this great game on Android at last so thanks to Marc, Alari etc for making this happen :-)

Yeah, huge black borders on my Ainol Elf, would really appreciate a 1024x600 skin, but I guess it's not a very popular resolution. It runs super quick though!

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm not using the interface correctly, but if I have more than one job offer, there doesn't seem to be a way to view the others without rejecting the first offer?

Fantastic work guys, runs great, very impressed and very grateful. I have a samsung galaxy s2 and its perfect. On the Asus transformer it runs fine, just needs full screen nd that will be perfect too (i know your waiting on feedback, though am pretty sure you will go with the standard mainstream tablet of 1200x800 as thats very common)

Just one thing though, and am sure others will pick this up, its bad android practise for the back button to exit the game, at least without asking are you sure you want to exit, ive seen this quite often in other games, and people will moan about it. Its common practise for android folk to press the back button when they want to go back to a screen, now since this is the ios port, all the buttons are onscreen (which is fine btw they should be in games and not hidden away) but people will hit the back button by accident out of habbit, thus you may wish to consider including it as a feature that it takes you to a back page, or adding a pop up box asking are you sure you wish to exit the game.

Luckily android has proper multitasking as when i did this i found my self back to my homescreen, however when i held the android home button down for a few secs to bring up recent tasks, it took me straight back to where i was so i didnt loose anything.

just a suggestion guys, great stuff, got my weekend all planned out now :)

hi,

id like to buy the game, but i live in Germany, and in the compatability window, it says that the game cant be installed im my country.... is there any way i can still play? ive tried hotspotshield, but even in the american play store, im still told i cant install the game on my device

Thanks Marc ,it is really super game!!!! I have lg optimus 2x p990 ,and it working fantastik!!!! Now i have what i will do in bus when i go to my work every day . In 22 aprils i will have birthday ,and this game for me really very very good present!!!

• SI Staff
Thanks Marc ,it is really super game!!!! I have lg optimus 2x p990 ,and it working fantastik!!!! Now i have what i will do in bus when i go to my work every day . In 22 aprils i will have birthday ,and this game for me really very very good present!!

Cool glad to hear its working well and that you're enjoying it :D

PS - In case I forget to say it on the day, have a happy birthday :D

• SI Staff
hi,

id like to buy the game, but i live in Germany, and in the compatability window, it says that the game cant be installed im my country.... is there any way i can still play? ive tried hotspotshield, but even in the american play store, im still told i cant install the game on my device

Apologies, but for legal/licensing reasons we're not able to sell or market the game in Germany.

I use Google Chrome on my laptop, which isn't powerful enough to run FM12. If I access the Play store, will I be able to purchase FM on Android and play it on my laptop? Or is that the silliest question ever asked on these forums?

I use Google Chrome on my laptop, which isn't powerful enough to run FM12. If I access the Play store, will I be able to purchase FM on Android and play it on my laptop? Or is that the silliest question ever asked on these forums?

No there is a way, but its a little bit complicated to do.

first you have to go and buy the app,

then there is a chrome plugin that lets you download apps from the google play website direct to your laptop

Now that you have the apk (thats the file type of the app) you need to download somthing to play the app on

theres quite a few programmes that do this, number one in a google search is called bluestacks, ive never tried it as well i have a phone and pc so i duno why you would want to? but neway thats how you do it.

Btw it probs wont play well since its designed for touch screen and not a mouse.

• SI Staff

Its not a silly question but unfortunately only Android is supported by this app - so unfortunately it won't be playable on your laptop most likely, definitely not without some serious faffing around anyway (and we haven't done any QA on using something like bluestacks - tbh until mintvilla mentioned it I'd never head of it, so thanks for that Mr. Villa :D).

Crikey this might actually work on my T-Mobile Vivacity (480x800, Gingerbread, 800mhz CPU). I may consider this even though I have it already on my iPod, as I also have an android tablet (Advent Vega, currently running 2.2 but i'll likely flash to 3.0 at some stage).

• SI Staff
Crikey this might actually work on my T-Mobile Vivacity (480x800, Gingerbread, 800mhz CPU). I may consider this even though I have it already on my iPod, as I also have an android tablet (Advent Vega, currently running 2.2 but i'll likely flash to 3.0 at some stage).

Hasn't been specifically tested on either of these exact devices, but the specs look sufficient to run it, not sure how fast the Vivacity will be :)

• SI Staff
@Marc...out of interest how are the first 24 hours sales figures looking? Did you have any targets? Would be gutted if this was not continued next season due to lack of demand.

I haven't been emailed sales figures by anyone (and tbh doubt I'd be allowed to post them if I do get emailed them) - however from the reviews/ratings in the store I do know that most people who have bought the game seem to be enjoying it, as a developer thats what I aim for (and if anyones has any issues then please obviously let me know so I can help sort them out).

I'm optimistic the game will perform well enough to spark an on-going series on Android; time will tell ...

@Marc...out of interest how are the first 24 hours sales figures looking? Did you have any targets? Would be gutted if this was not continued next season due to lack of demand.

The Play Store is currently reporting 1000-5000 downloads and the game is currently at #4 in Top New Paid Apps (only the new Angry Birds, Cut the Rope and Zynga game are higher)!

• SI Staff
until no in google play . when we finally will have Football Manager ?

I'm not quite sure what you mean? - FMH is already available via. GooglePlay, SEGA indicated that other stores will be looked at in the near future if thats what you mean - unfortunately I don't know specific release dates for this yet (when I do I'll post them here).

• SI Staff
will the fmh be available in austria? Or do you have the same legal reasons like in germany?

I don't know - I'll check for you (although bear in mind most people at SEGA are probably sensibly in bed at this hour, so chances are I won't be able to answer until tomorrow at some point).

• SI Staff
I'll join the clamour for this resolution ... think it would be extremely playable on Note/tablet.

9L

Trust me I'm on the case - currently driving myself mad trying to find a solution which will 'enhance' things as quickly as possible for all the various uber-HD style devices .... (you'd be amazed at quite how many different resolution devices there are out there).

Here's my vote for skins to support the Galaxy Nexus (1280 * 720) and Transformer Prime (1280 * 800)

Loving being able to sync saves between the two devices too! :-D

i beleive the galaxy nexus also has the same 1280 x 800 resolution as the transformer, those extra 80 pixels are for the bottom bar with the touch screen buttons which are on both devices.

Quick question on the game if i may... can i offer a player a contract who is with another club and there contract is expiring? Or do I have to wait until its expired?

Also what is the situation with loans. What is the amount allowed per season? And how many at one time?

Thanks (nearly completed my first season - still loving it!)

• SI Staff
Quick question on the game if i may... can i offer a player a contract who is with another club and there contract is expiring? Or do I have to wait until its expired?

The exact situation depends on the real-life rules; for players in England you have to wait longer towards contact expiry before an approach to domestic players than for players playing abroad.

Also what is the situation with loans. What is the amount allowed per season? And how many at one time?

The rules you're under in this regard should be visible on the competition rules page (and again vary according to where you're managing as irl).

Thanks (nearly completed my first season - still loving it!)

Glad you're enjoying the game :D

i beleive the galaxy nexus also has the same 1280 x 800 resolution as the transformer, those extra 80 pixels are for the bottom bar with the touch screen buttons which are on both devices.

Sorry mate but you are wrong, the Nexus and Transformer do have different resolutions, the on-screen controls don't come into it.

Trust me I'm on the case - currently driving myself mad trying to find a solution which will 'enhance' things as quickly as possible for all the various uber-HD style devices .... (you'd be amazed at quite how many different resolution devices there are out there).

Just off the top of my head:

320x480: iPhone <4 / the standard low-res Android (Most first-gen devices, some low-end ones)

480x800: the standard normal-res Android (Galaxy S2, Most HTC devices)

480x854: Motorola thinking they're funny...

640x960: iPhone >4 / "retina" screen Android devices (Meizu M9?)

1280x720: HD Android devices (One X and Galaxy Nexus)

1280x800: most Android tablets and some 'phones' (Samsung Galaxy Note)

1024x768: iPad / a couple of minor Android tablets (Archos I believe)

1920x1200: A few already confirmed Android tablets (Asus Transformer Infinity)

2048x1536: iPad 3 / potentially a new Samsung Android tablet if rumours are true

The list goes on. It's not the easiest thing in the world to cater for... I mean, a dynamic UI would be amazing, but that'd probably mean a full rewrite of the game?

320x480: iPhone <4 / the standard low-res Android (Most first-gen devices, some low-end ones)

2048x1536: iPad 3 / potentially a new Samsung Android tablet if rumours are true

The list goes on. It's not the easiest thing in the world to cater for... I mean, a dynamic UI would be amazing, but that'd probably mean a full rewrite of the game?

960x540 is far more used than 960x640 on android

Don't forget 1024x600 as seen on many 7" tablets (and a few cheap 10" ones)

(of course this is also the resolution of the popular Kindle Fire but at the moment this still isn't available outside the US, not to mention the fact that the game hasn't made it to Amazon's app store yet)

Not sure about that. 1280 * 720 is native 720p and when you watch videos the navbar automagically disappears!

Edit: What he said...

Sorry mate but you are wrong, the Nexus and Transformer do have different resolutions, the on-screen controls don't come into it.

• SI Staff
can i change data , for example money ,or players clubs? Thanks

Only through playing the game - there is however an unofficial save game editor available from fmhvibe ... using it would be cheating of course and I'm sure you don't want to do that ;)

WOW...I haven't logged onto these forums for a while now till today when I saw FM 2012 handheld was available on the Play Store for Android so I had to log on and post! The last FM game I bought was FM 2011 for the PC...I have bought every game except FM 2012 for the PC, even though FM 2011 for the PC was a massive disappointment for me due to the complexity and how overerly complicated tactics became, I gave up on FM2012 for the PC and will never buy again. I currently am playing CM 97/98 on my Android device (Samsung Galaxy Note) using DOSBOX so its good to see something that is current, I think Sigames have made an excellent decision in moving from iPhone :) ...I just hope the Android version will never become overly complex like the PC version.

• SI Staff
It will be available more languages in future like portuguese?

I'd love to add more languages into the game - however obviously to be able to do so requires there to be a sensible 'case' which can be presented to SEGA for a translation to be made (its not cheap translating the amount of text in the game so they'd require a certain amount of units sold in a region to consider it I'd expect (fingers crossed).

Thanks and good work

Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated :D

Archived