Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to get a new laptop but get confused by all the technical crap, so I'll probably stick with my current one until it gets noticeably slower.

I just go to PC World or somewhere and say what is the best laptop you have for playing Football Manager, internet browsing etc.

I just go to PC World or somewhere and say what is the best laptop you have for playing Football Manager, internet browsing etc.

That's what I often end up doing. Like buying electrical stuff from actual shops, rather than online, so I don't have to **** about if it needs to be returned.

Did you get an exciting car?

I'm sick of idiots on Twitter. Most seem to have a constant chip on their shoulder or be just plain stupid.

I deleted/unfollowed loads recently and still trying to get rid of all the ****. Always worse when the WC is on though or football in general.

I deleted/unfollowed loads recently and still trying to get rid of all the ****. Always worse when the WC is on though or football in general.

Biggest annoyance at the minute is people moaning about TV companies doing stuff about England when we're not playing. We're in England for crying out loud and you're watching British TV channels - they're bound to do alot of stuff about England.

To be so thick as to question why beggars belief.

I don't mind BBC talking about England when they aren't on because they don't go on as much, but ITV seem to dedicate a whole programme to England and then five minutes to the actual match is on. That annoys me, but then again, ITV coverage is always annoying :D.

Mini pretzels and V8 Energy for breakfast, apparently I've given up on nutrition and now I'm attempting my own demise. My kidneys will hate me while I try to sleep off my sodium load.

Mini pretzels and V8 Energy for breakfast, apparently I've given up on nutrition and now I'm attempting my own demise. My kidneys will hate me while I try to sleep off my sodium load.

The opposite of me then, I can't have more than 2grams a day of sodium and even then I'm supposed to have a lot less than 2g :D

The opposite of me then, I can't have more than 2grams a day of sodium and even then I'm supposed to have a lot less than 2g :D

Christ that must be hard. i remember a year or so back seeing a news story about how much sodium and and sugar were in things you wouldn't think they would be in (in so much abundance at least). I was shocked when i looked at the tins in our cupboard. Turns out the tinned tomatoes we were buying were loaded with sodium.

Christ that must be hard. i remember a year or so back seeing a news story about how much sodium and and sugar were in things you wouldn't think they would be in (in so much abundance at least). I was shocked when i looked at the tins in our cupboard. Turns out the tinned tomatoes we were buying were loaded with sodium.

I was quite recently diagnosed with diabetes too, so I have to watch sugars and sodium now (due to Hypertension). It's a really hard diet to maintain constantly because the stuff I have to eat my missus and kids wont really eat so means doing 2-3 different meals each meal time. ****ing thing :D

I think things like 1 piece of sliced beef (out of the vacuum packs) is around 1g which is 50% of my daily allowance and that's without even checking the carbohydrate part which is the past what really matters for diabetics.

If I live to 50 (fingers crossed, only 2 months to go), I'm going to get right with my health and nutrition. Going to book a date with my doctor, go in and blow the top off the blood pressure gauge. Might even get a few days in the hospital out of it.

If I live to 50 (fingers crossed, only 2 months to go), I'm going to get right with my health and nutrition. Going to book a date with my doctor, go in and blow the top off the blood pressure gauge. Might even get a few days in the hospital out of it.

I was in hospital for high blood pressure last week, it was 187/112. It isn't really nice thinking your head is going to explode and going dizzy everytime you move and feeling sick constant. Was one of the worse things I've ever experienced :(

Well, I'm not quite there yet, just 140 over 94 or something, still not something to be joking around about since my Mom's BP blew out her kidneys and probably ended her life 10-15 years before we had planned to lose her.

Well, I'm not quite there yet, just 140 over 94 or something, still not something to be joking around about since my Mom's BP blew out her kidneys and probably ended her life 10-15 years before we had planned to lose her.

Aye it can do all sorts. Mine is my heart or strokes due to the diabetes it increases my chance of them happening by about 30% but it already runs in the family (heart disease). So I decided to start looking after myself properly, I have too for my wife and kids, especially when my kids are 4 months old, 2, 10 and 11. Luckily for me its motivation to keep me going and makes me stick to the strict diet. It's not easy some days though I will admit that, it does become a bit much at times and its hard to think positive. I just look at the kids and luckily it spurs me on. Not quite sure I could do it without that in mind.

• 2 weeks later...

The other half has just set off to drive for work and has phoned me:

'There is a warning light on the car with a red explanation mark and a circle round it'. 'Yes, that means you haven't taken the handbrake off fully'. 'Oh, right, silly me haha'.

:rolleyes:

My friend did that, he said "there is a warning light on the dashboard and my car has lost all power, struggling to get out of first gear!" :D

This was when we was 17 just passed, now 23... still take the **** out of him for it :D

Only just realising how expensive running a car actually is :(

Failed it's MOT so had to fork out £440 for a new rear axle, I currently have £14 in my bank account, an all-time low and I've been a student for the past 3 years :D Should get paid from work over the next couple of days but still, ridiculous!

I'm not ready for the big wide world.

It's fun when you climb the ladder! Today I got to interview a prospective new employee. In my professional opinion she's getting hired as she's right for the job. In my personal opinion, she's getting hired because of her stunning good looks and frankly brilliant legs.

Only just realising how expensive running a car actually is :(

Failed it's MOT so had to fork out £440 for a new rear axle, I currently have £14 in my bank account, an all-time low and I've been a student for the past 3 years :D Should get paid from work over the next couple of days but still, ridiculous!

I wouldn't know fully. I still have the parents wrapped round my finger and they pay for my car insurance and all services :D. Saying that, any work that needs doing on my new car is free for a year.

They think I'm struggling :p.

It's fun when you climb the ladder! Today I got to interview a prospective new employee. In my professional opinion she's getting hired as she's right for the job. In my personal opinion, she's getting hired because of her stunning good looks and frankly brilliant legs.

So either way, she's getting hired :brock:.

Ha! Did exactly the same two days ago.

We had two candidates - a bald chap with a weird mouth, and a 26 year old blonde woman with an enticing mouth.

In terms of suitability for the role they were actually a dead heat (almost....)

She starts in a couple of weeks :D

Ha! Did exactly the same two days ago.

We had two candidates - a bald chap with a weird mouth, and a 26 year old blonde woman with an enticing mouth.

In terms of suitability for the role they were actually a dead heat (almost....)

She starts in a couple of weeks :D

We had the girl and a chap of 37 who was realistically a bit over qualified for the role. She will fit in easier with rest of the workforce as she's around most of their ages, and isn't a 37 year old man. And is someone I'd readily drop my trousers for.

It's challenging in my line of work to find attractive women who are genuinely suitable for the Role.

I basically work in an office full of accountants, and let me tell you - there are some rough looking bints still knocking about on the floor.

However, in the past 2 years, we've recruited a very dirty blonde who looks like she knows all about double-entry, a curly haired brunette who just oozes filth (in a nice way!), a leggy blonde with a great body all round, and this new lass starting in a fortnight.

Yeah saw your tweet about that. I follow you on Twitter and you don't even know who I am :o

Yeah saw your tweet about that. I follow you on Twitter and you don't even know who I am :o

I haven't got the foggiest. :D

And Ty, we're not pervy, (and at only jyst 27 I'm certainly not old!!), we just take advantage of the situation we're in. :thup:

I'm only 25, therefore not as old (or pervy) as Tom :D.

Just one of those things. I'd rather look at the luscious legs of a 22 year old than a 37 year old man............

:(

If you tell me who you are....................