crowd disruptions

it seems to me that throughout the last 30 or so years, the crowd also like to be involved in some way, be it streakers, crowds throwing objects, dogs running onto the pitch, people running on the pitch (with the decency to be clothed). just wondering would anyone love to see that in the game? adds realism and (depending on your mood with the game), humour!

Doubt it would be introduced in FM due to it being a part of football that many people don't like. Plus it doesn't add anything to the game so there would be no need IMO.

you have a point but the crowds throwing objects is quite a frequent event these days, and could lead to player injuries, people may not like it, but its likely to happen

I think we should keep the unsavourary parts of football out of the game.

It may be realistic but thats not a good enough reason alone to include something.

i uppose your right, i just wanted someones opinion on it, its just i really love realism lol

i uppose your right, i just wanted someones opinion on it, its just i really love realism lol

There is a limit to the amount of realism the game should contain though.

By the way with your suggestions the rating for the game would have to be increased no doubt due to the violence and nudity. :p

By the way with your suggestions the rating for the game would have to be increased no doubt due to the violence and nudity. :p

hahaha i wasnt suggesting the nudity thing, just pointing out that its happened, but if that ever happened in the game, no guys!! lol

I thought medics had to be off the pitch tho before the game resumed.

fair point but i dunno, it might be a rule that SI accidentally overlooked but they are probably medics, you should have saved that match and see what happened beforehand

What a ridiculous idea OP.

I don't think this idea is ever likely to be in the game, but disagreeing with OP should come hand in hand with reasoning.

There's no place for crowd violence or disruption in real life football and it's not something a majority of fans want to see, having it as a feature of a light hearted and supposedly enjoyable computer game is in no way appealing. I think the clubs would have something to say and the defamation of their fans btw.

I don't think this idea is ever likely to be in the game, but disagreeing with OP should come hand in hand with reasoning.

There's no place for crowd violence or disruption in real life football and it's not something a majority of fans want to see, having it as a feature of a light hearted and supposedly enjoyable computer game is in no way appealing. I think the clubs would have something to say and the defamation of their fans btw.

What does OP stand for?

Should definately be crowds added IMO,,and stuff like flags ,banners etc ,,flares would be good in places like italy too ,where so common there,, would add to the effect,, although when playing in the SPL some might argue that empty stadiums at places liike Rugby park DOES add to the realism lol,,

Has anyone ever had any different weather conditions rain or snow ??? or night games with flood light ,,esp for Euro footie which is always played in the evenings

Although the more they add to stuff like that,, the more the demand on graffics cards and memory and so on

When the 3D engine has evolved up to a point where crowds will be introduced, then maybe such cosmetic effects as balloons, flares, toilet papers and yes even streakers could be further added to give the game some visual flavor. There is nothing wrong with wanting eye-candy, but definitely not at the expense of having a solid match engine first.

As for more serious crowd trouble like fighting in the stands and mass pitch invasions, that is way more controversial and I would rather it be left out since it might lead to possible legal action against SI? No club would like their fans to be purposely represented in a game as being unruly and causing havoc, even though those fans might indeed behave as such in real-life.

A nice touch I feel would be a just a simple text string following a last gasp survival on the final day of the season saying "Its all over! {Team X} have survived and their fans are streaming onto the pitch in celebration!". It might also be mentioned in news items following it- all fairly harmless stuff.

A representation in the 3D match engine I feel isn't really necessary (one of the reasons I dislike the 3d is that youre limited in what you can depict rather than previously where only your imagination was the limit- text was endless in what it could depict...but that's a different argument)

No violence..but some nudity wouldnt be a bad thing. After all, there is plenty of nudity during pre and post game talks. :p

Archived