Manchester City Transfer Budget for FM09

chelsea don't have anywhere near that much, probably will have 40 million or so. with the adjust budget option of it being about 65 maybe. just a guess.

40? LOL ... maybe 220 at least...

Roman Abramovich is poor guy compared with this one..

All wealth with villas and everything is worth near 500 bilions for this arab.

check this from Mirror.co.uk

"This is the trillion-dollar man behind the mega-rich Arabs promising to build a global super-team at Manchester City.

Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan is the brother of the ruler of Abu Dhabi, the biggest of the United Arab Emirates.

Within an estimated family fortune of $1trillion (£555billion) he is set to make the £11.7billion spending power of Chelsea's Russian owner Roman Abramovich look like chicken feed.

The club's new owners are set to bankroll a mind-boggling £540million spending spree - including an audacious £135million swoop for Cristiano Ronaldo from arch rivals Manchester United."

So they should put 400 mil GBP at least

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2008/09/03/1-000-000-000-000-wealth-of-new-manchester-city-owner-sheikh-mansour-bin-zayed-al-nahyan-115875-20722255/

a few FMs ago you could have like a billion quid transfer kitty if you edited the editor. But in the last one or two i believe you can only have like a hundred mill max using editor... i wonder what this editor will be like. If city arent rich out their heads, ill give them the money through editor.

Oh well, if that bastion of journalistic integrity The Mirror says so then it must be...:rolleyes:

I will be city in the demo but that will be it, i do not enjoy too much money, i feel it is to easy, i may try a city challenge such as winning prem with only english (not brittish) players having appeared in the season,

100 million is enough for the game but i will echoe 400 million as it is (albeit ridiculous) realistic irl

I will be city in the demo but that will be it, i do not enjoy too much money, i feel it is to easy, i may try a city challenge such as winning prem with only english (not brittish) players having appeared in the season,

100 million is enough for the game but i will echoe 400 million as it is (albeit ridiculous) realistic irl

actually "for the game" if it has same player values as before 100 million aint enough for "realistic transfers"..

A good player (CA 160+ in major leagues) in FM usually costs like 3 times more than irl... and the clubs sometimes have really low finances.. (like 650k for Real Madrid in FM2007 :/ .. you'd have to win all competitions to be able to buy2 of the players they bought irl :D)

Then there are also the "weaker leagues" players that are sold for 2-3 times less :D

40? LOL ... maybe 220 at least...

Roman Abramovich is poor guy compared with this one..

All wealth with villas and everything is worth near 500 bilions for this arab.

Yes, but on the game they don't have 500 billion to spend do you. it is far more realistic.

I don't get all this fuss about Citeh and their finances. ATM all it is, is paper talk and speculation. Yes, they broke the British transfer record, but first impressions count ;) Until they actually spend a ridiculous fortune, they shouldn't have a ridiculous fortune in the game.

This has been discussed before. I'm a Citizen myself btw...

Basically, that young guy that did all the initial PR (saying they would buy Ronaldo for £150m etc) got a bit carried away and has been "removed" from the picture ;)

The latest (at work not able to find links!), seems to be that Hughes will get about £100m for January and £100m in following transfer windows.

I think they need to be careful if they implement an almost unlimited transfer budget for Citeh in the game. The game will need to correctly refect the fact that many star players will still rather stay at an AC Milan, Manchester United, Barcelona, etc., rather than play for Citeh. I think Berbatov showed that. I have little doubt he could have signed a much more lucrative contract with Citeh, but he chose United because of their history and the fact he wanted to play in Europe straight away.

Guest roberto922
Im not Man City Fan... im Everton fan.. new owner from arabia said he wanna buy around 18 world class players in manchester city... and that he will

invest around 600 milion euros... hes not kidding... it will be fun to play with Man City.

At least you've got good taste club wise.

I think they'll do what they did on FM 09 Weegie update, they left the money quite low but left the sugar daddy option ticked and I ended up with between 95m - 130m.

Guest roberto922

Well I've just started a new game on Weegie and the options were:

Mid table finish: 80 million

Continental Qualification: 90 million

Challenge for title: 118 million

Win title: 130 million

I think that would be pretty realistic tbh.

should be the amount spend in the summer transfer window i guess. Until they really spend the amount that you said then it should be incorporated if not, then no.

That's illogical though. They can't spend that money again. With most clubs it's (estimated initial budget+transfers out)-transfers in.

big budget small pulling power methinks. I can't see CR crossing the road for any money seeing as he decided eventually to turn down RM and that was his dream move, and I think it'll be the same for a lot... the real big players'll think twice before signing - until of course MC win some real trophies ;)

i think alot of you will be dissapointed when you play the demo because the budget you will be allocated is based on your expierence and reputation

unless you put ex international player, i think you will only be given 40million or so because you are hardly known and its a big risk of them to give you so much money

Well, honestly, I doubt they will spend that sort of cash on players? £135m on CRonaldo? Please.

First you have the issue of prestige. Robinho is greedy, or so I am lead to believe. Great player, though, and I'm sure he is a nice guy. Otherwise, you have a team that is not in any European competition, and doesn't look like getting it this season - or probably even next season. You have to remember that they won't be able to bring in 15 new players at once, and if they do, they are in danger of pulling a Spurs.

Secondly, I think that they are just coming out and saying all this nonsense in order to generate free advertising for the football club. Honestly, if I was ever tempted to go out and buy a blue shirt it'd be now, because then I'd be able to slap any name I wanted on it and say "No way man, they said they're going to buy them and they are super cashed up!"

I think, in all truth, that they need to adopt a cautious approach for the next ten years. Establish themselves as a quality team, perhaps even break the top four, and then blow us all away with big name signings. Doing it too early, or too quickly, well... you're in danger of ruining everything. Chelsea have paid immeasurable sums of money for average players, or players who showed promise but failed to shine amidst others.

Archived