Blogs - Latest Blog: 6th November 2008

• SI Staff

The much discussed (as in "when are they starting") blogs for Football Manager 2009 will now start tomorrow on HMV's website, and will be linked to from here.

There will be two tomorrow to make up for the late starting of them, of which one will be a round up of all the features announced so far, and the other will be about what the blogs are going to be about, and how regular they will be in the run in to the demo being released and beyond.

Sorry for the delay in these starting. It was partly techincal at HMV's end (which is now fixed), partly due to illness, and partly due to it being so damned busy!

(17/10) - First blog is now up - there will be 3 today. You can find all the blogs over at the Sports Interactive section at HMV's website, which can be found at http://hmv.com/hmvweb/navigate.do?ctx=12;6;42;-1&pPageID=3583

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the blogs (not necessarily the ones tomorrow) going to include stuff like more detailed info on new features/how they work/have improved the game? Also will there possibly be some new screenies or more previews of the 3D match engine?

I want to know more about the transfer system and how tactics have been changed if at all?

• SI Staff
Are the blogs (not necessarily the ones tomorrow) going to include stuff like more detailed info on new features/how they work/have improved the game? Also will there possibly be some new screenies or more previews of the 3D match engine?

I want to know more about the transfer system and how tactics have been changed if at all?

From the original post "and the other will be about what the blogs are going to be about"

From the original post "and the other will be about what the blogs are going to be about"

Good stuff, exept I have to go to a goodbye party tomorrow for someone off to Australlia, depending on what time they are released I may have to wait until Saturday afternoon. :(

Of course the blogs are great, but tomorrow's won't bring much news If I read it correctly. We already had a topic which summed up all revealed new features and what comes in future blogs probably won't reveal much either. Maybe that new feature will be great, you never know ;)

Of course the blogs are great, but tomorrow's won't bring much news If I read it correctly. We already had a topic which summed up all revealed new features and what comes in future blogs probably won't reveal much either. Maybe that new feature will be great, you never know ;)

A man can dream can't he?

Announce something about the feeder clubsssssss?

If we can or cannot recommend a specific team? for example i wont sao paolo but the baord brings me b.a.t.e instead

That was announced already. We can now recommend a specific club to the board.

^ where who wot when

On a podcast.Miles said it.You can ask for specific clubs to be a feeder once the club trusts you.about 6weeks ago.:D Think it was announced on the first podcast if you want to check it out go to Itunes :thup:

^ where who wot when

Here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=47747&highlight=podcast

For all those people who for some reason have not heard the podcast here is a list of some of the features announced in the podcast:

1. Distance tracker- shows how much your player's have run and how hard are they working. (In kilometers or miles)

2. Improved team reports- Your assistant manager will prepare detailed team reports and will higlight the weakness in the squad and suggest player's you may buy to strengthen.

3. Changes in team Awards- overall history of team awards will be available.

4. More options while going on holidays regarding job applications( Top half, bottom half clubs etc...)

5. Player Ratings- players playing for less than 10 minutes on coming on as substitutues DO NOT get rated so that their average ratings do not go down.

6. Feeder Clubs- Once you have gained the trust of your Boardroom you can ask the board for a SPECIFIC feeder club/parent club!

7. Ability to Loan players will be improved. Specific details can be sent to clubs asking them to loan players.

8. Stadium Expansion will now begin at the END of a season so that the stadium with improved capacity is ready by the time the season kicks off.

9. In countries like Spain where clubs have their own "B" teams, these teams will not be regarded as feeder clubs anymore but shall be seen as affiliated clubs.

10. Agent Transfer rules...not really sure about this...

Example: French Choker/Joker rule. Anyone know what that is?

Anyway these are all the features in the podcast. Looks good :D! Can not wait for November 14th!

Archived