What do you name your games?

Since about CM2 I've named my games Spurs and then roman numerals for however many saves I've played.

Currently my save game is Spurs XLII.

Although I also have named them just the team name, or if I'm starting unemployed I name them whatever I'm running. So "9 countries unemp database 5". So I know how big they are and which database I'll need to transfer to get the save working after a reformat.

VB

I have a few different names for my many many games. Usually it's the team, e.g. 'Redditch', 'Liverpool', 'Blyth'. When doing a "Challenges, Sign-Ups, Experiments Forum"-related game I usually name it after the name of the challenge or sign-up, e.g. 'dafuge' or 'Apprentice'. I've also named a game 'Career' and one 'game'. The many times I have failed to write a Football Manager Story I've put either the club or the character and then (FMS), e.g. 'Leonard Gulbis (FMS)', 'Leeds (FMS)', 'Lawrence Mitchell (FMS)' or even 'Scandinavia (FMS)'. I then name the word document with the story in similarly, but with the version the story was written on such as 'Leeds (FM08)' or 'Lawrence Mitchell (FM08)'. I use a 3-file rolling autosave so I like to keep each save game in its own folder of the same name. The examples are all real ;).

I name it after the team or situation.

So either something like 'Arsenal' or 'Unemployed'. If its a save that I'm keeping so I can come back to it I will tag the year onto the end.

For example, I recently got a job offer as Middlesbrough boss to manage a struggling Arsenal. I wanted to carry on with Middlesbrough so I made a backup save and called it 'Arsenal Job Offer 2012'.

I do also usually just use the name of the team I am playing as...

After taking Oxford to the Prem in a 'quick' 24 years on FM08 I finally became bored and started again...as Oxford.

I called it "Oxford II - this time it's personal". Made me chuckle at the time, doesn't now though I don't guess...I'll get me coat :(

Mine's called "career" as it is a career game where I work for different teams. I've gone round Europe (and spent 28 unhappy days in the MLS with NY Red Bulls) and am now at my beloved Gillingham. Bless.

I name it after the team or situation.

So either something like 'Arsenal' or 'Unemployed'. If its a save that I'm keeping so I can come back to it I will tag the year onto the end.

For example, I recently got a job offer as Middlesbrough boss to manage a struggling Arsenal. I wanted to carry on with Middlesbrough so I made a backup save and called it 'Arsenal Job Offer 2012'.

I do the same thing. I went from Marseille to Arsenal, and I WILL go back some day.

Archived