Football Manager 2009 and Football Manager Handheld

• SI Staff

We're very happy to announce that both parts of the FM2009/FMH2009 announcement video are now live. You can view them over at our youtube channel, which is www.youtube.co.uk/sigames.

In about an hour, some screenshots will also go live. Tomorrow afternoon, a synopsis of the videos will go live at sigames.com and footballmanager.com, and we'll also start separate threads for the different features announced tonight for indepth discussion.

Please note that the information in the videos is very much the highlight features for both FM09 on PC & Mac, and FMH09 for PSP. More features will be revealed over the next couple of months via blogs, the return of the Football Manager podcast and various other news articles. These will then be collated on sigames.com just before the demo is released, which will be a couple of weeks before the game comes out.

Also, as promised, an extra improvement not mentioned in the video because Miles forgot when recording it, but will hopefully stop some of the noise that would come if we didn't mention it - yes, regens have also been worked on extensively this year alongside the other improvements discussed. Most areas of the game have been improved too, but, again, more of this in the coming couple of months.

Please keep any discussion on topic - off topic posts will be removed from this thread.

Added 19:25 : Screenshots (PC/Mac) http://www.sigames.com/softography.php?type=view&id=31

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most brief of glances around 6:33 in of a 3D engine, altho YouTubes inherent lack of quality makes it nigh on impossible to assess graphical quality.

Ah well, 3D, now to wait and see if it has the detrimental effect many of us fear - glad I'm packing some serious engines in my PC and laptops.

I must admit, even though Part 1 was building up the hype even further, it got me to the edge of my seat. The small glimpses of the new match presentation definately look promising. Cannot wait for the other parts of the video to find out about the new features.

It looks truly amazing with the (false) 3D engine. It looks more isometric to mee, than being a truly 3D engine, which seems the right way to go. I'm throwing up some screenshots in two seconds, although they're rather blurry, in all its Youtuby-quality...

3d match engine ? Hey ho,I suppose we'll get used to it but it does smack of selling out.

5+ minutes of Miles Jacobson in self congratulatory mode, very disappointing. Would have been nice if there was a bit more than the 20 second of blurred screenies.

Still, I'll buy it and love it, that's a given.

Quickest turn around ever - I'm sold on the 3D engine. It looks so smooth, so accurate, so real - no complaints at all.

Am most excited about the complete stripping out of the transfer system, the new media interaction, and - well - just bloody everything.

It really does seem as if you horrible lot at SI have listened - so thank you - and I can't wait for November 14th!

Archived