FM 09 - Deadly

I was searchin through stuff, trying to find anything new about FM 09 (I know a bit sad, but when boredom sets in!!) And I found this, the game looks superb. But this (to be honest) made me wonder how I would react if this happened to my star striker!!

Follow this link:

http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9792

Scroll down.

First screenshot should be England.

Then a little box about holiday.

The third box...............................

Imagine that!!

If the 4th screenshot is real, then thank god, that looks awesome!!

Love that "around forever" softens the blow a bit.

Now i'm not saying I know whats on FM 09.

I just thought I would share this with fellow gamers!!

It's a joke thread. Amusing, yes... real, no.

But speaking of 3D game graphics, this is what has been going around for CM'09:

This link was confirmed by their Staff, too, it says. (I'm just saying this is what they're showing, not that I think CM will be better than FM. Pretty match engine might be all they got!)

It's a joke thread. Amusing, yes... real, no.

But speaking of 3D game graphics, this is what has been going around for CM'09:

This link was confirmed by their Staff, too, it says. (I'm just saying this is what they're showing, not that I think CM will be better than FM. Pretty match engine might be all they got!)

This is feasible to do since isometric view is eventually still a 2D engine and same data can be used for both top-down and isometric view, it only requires new rendering so programming wise easy job.

Creating a real 3D engine is a different story and it definetely requires lots of major changes by programmers if not they redo it from scratch.

ALL FAKE! fOR EXAMPLE, XAVIER got sacked by La Galaxies this season. I mean the guy could of bought him again, but he would of retire by 2013. AND BETA VERSIONS DONT LAST THAT LONG. THERE LIKE THE DEMOS, 1 SEASON.

Just thought you might want to see if this is true.

Would be a intresting feature, and wanted to see what you lot think about it.

Not saying its on FM 09.

Saying it would be a intresting feature.

Well, there is no truth whatsoever in any of that. It is just someone messing about. If your serious of liking the features on that link, I'm very surprised, as it is only someone joking.

Has anyone you cared about died?

Stupid question. Course.

But this is a GAME.

Its NOT real life.

Even if it wasnt dying people but maybe retiring. I've never seen that.

Maybe one of you has I dont know. But on other games, ive had players retire at 26 through injury.

Has anyone you cared about died?

Stupid question. Course.

But this is a GAME.

Its NOT real life.

Even if it wasnt dying people but maybe retiring. I've never seen that.

Maybe one of you has I dont know. But on other games, ive had players retire at 26 through injury.

Yes. You said the magic word there. RETIRE not die but RETIRE. If SI did include this they would get sued like hell.

Who is to say it will happen, none of us know whats going to be on FM 09 (Wish I did though!!)

But if your star striker was to retire through injury halfway through the season, it would be a real test for your management skills on the game.

Would be a good feature. One you would love to hate!!

Who is to say it will happen, none of us know whats going to be on FM 09 (Wish I did though!!)

But if your star striker was to retire through injury halfway through the season, it would be a real test for your management skills on the game.

Would be a CRAP feature. One you would love to hate!!

Fixed it for you.

Would be a good feature. One you would love to hate!!

Just shut up ok?

I hope those cm graphics are as good as they look. Im not a fan of the modern cm i have never played it but it may give fm the kick up the **** needed. Over the last few years the new features added have been pretty minor tbh and have seen an increase in so many obvious bugs which aren't really sorted out till february. If it goes on at the present rate I wouldn't be suprised at all if in the next few years cm catches right up with fm like fifa have done this year on pro evo. I really can't wait till the fm 09 announcement of the features I just hope I ain't dissapointed.

I hope those cm graphics are as good as they look. Im not a fan of the modern cm i have never played it but it may give fm the kick up the **** needed.

To be fair, a match engine in the new CM is so uneeded, and just a bit gimmicky in my opinion.

"Who is to say it will happen, none of us know whats going to be on FM 09 (Wish I did though!!)"

We do ABSOLUTELY know that players will NOT be dying on the pitch or in car crashes or anything else. If anyone dies between patches they'll just be deleted. This seems to get confirmed by an SI rep (think it was Ter the last time) every time someone suggests death would be a "good" or "realistic" feature.

It's daft. Sorry.

Is the original poster really saying that death in FM would be an 'interesting' feature? Or am I misinterpreting him? He seemed to be very excited at the idea...

If anyone wants death in a game, may I suggest the abhorrent Grand Theft Auto? You actually get to be the reason people die!! How very thrilling.

Is the original poster really saying that death in FM would be an 'interesting' feature? Or am I misinterpreting him? He seemed to be very excited at the idea...

If anyone wants death in a game, may I suggest the abhorrent Grand Theft Auto? You actually get to be the reason people die!! How very thrilling.

GTA is brilliant, don't diss it.

im sorry but this is ridiculous and also as the man from QPR said death(albeit in a game) is not a laughing matter.

im not obsessing as i no SI wont insert this but it is stupid. i no people(players included) die, but this is OTT. if youre gonna put this in why not a wife or having to drive to the training ground.

anyone who takes this seriously is stupid

"Who is to say it will happen, none of us know whats going to be on FM 09 (Wish I did though!!)"

We do ABSOLUTELY know that players will NOT be dying on the pitch or in car crashes or anything else. If anyone dies between patches they'll just be deleted. This seems to get confirmed by an SI rep (think it was Ter the last time) every time someone suggests death would be a "good" or "realistic" feature.

It's daft. Sorry.

You're a troll.

A 3d match engine would be horrible. Not least because it would be harder to design actual kits for premiership teams that would work in 3d. At the minute all we need is a 2d template for inforemation and overview screen

Thats you biggest concern about a 3D match engine?

Archived