Real-life transfers in FM

On one of the older versions, 03/04 i think, i signed Carlos Diogo for Real Madrid and at the time i had never heard of him and then a year or two later he signed for them in real life. I was pretty amazed tbh.

A strange thing has happened on my new career game I have started on FM 07... Paul Dickov was a free agent after I downloaded the latest update for July 08. In real life Paul Dickov has offers on the table from Blackpool, Leicester and an MLS club. The strange thing is... In my new career game Leicester signed Paul Dickov and thats what they are trying to do at the moment in real life lol. Although apperantly he's going to join the MLS team but Milan Manderic said he hasn't gave up on signing him yet so you never know, it might happen the same as the game!

Not transfers but in my network game the UEFA Champions League Final was between Man Utd v Chelsea and an Utd won it on pens.

Same season and Rangers got to the final of the UEFA Cup and lost to a Russian team. It was very spooky!

I was Real Madrid and won the league! :)

I had the same thing, 07/08 season, man utd v chelsea final, and all the semi-finalists were the same as well.

in the EPL the top four and bottom three were all spot on as well!

despite all the bugs, credit's due to SI for predicting the future

I've had this weird thing happen recently where Colin Calderwood has been looking at my old Forest games on FM. Like him, I signed Paul Anderson, Earnshaw, Andy Cole and a few others including Heidar Helguson, who we are meant to be linked with. He still has a long way to go before he can sign Drogba :p

I've also seen Henry go to Barca on FM, a year before it actually happened, but he went on a free. There's also been Robinson going to Blackburn and Jo going to Man City.

Usually see Bentley at either Tottenham or - spookily - Aston Villa. Berbatov has gone to Man U in one of my games, and Ronny to Real too. Fat Frank has disappeared off to one of the Milans and Barca on other games, along with Gerrard. Pablo Aimar went to Newcastle on one of my games, as did Collcocini [sP?] both rumoured to be joining them at one point, but don't think it's going to happen now.

Also (and this is across about seven saves that went over 3 seasons):

Crouch regularly goes to Portsmouth

Jo to Man City

Modric to Tottenham (amonst others)

At least that's all I can remember right now.

One of my favorite "dang, the data is accurate!" moments was making a free transfer in the first summer window (1 year into the game) to a Conference team .. and seeing the team announce the same transfer IRL a week later!

Also as I've been posting "Sharpening a Rusty Blade" in the Stories forum, three times I've posted a change-in-manager on the same day that it happened IRL. (Posting date matched RL, not in-game date.)

It got almost spooky...

One of my favorite "dang, the data is accurate!" moments was making a free transfer in the first summer window (1 year into the game) to a Conference team .. and seeing the team announce the same transfer IRL a week later!

Also as I've been posting "Sharpening a Rusty Blade" in the Stories forum, three times I've posted a change-in-manager on the same day that it happened IRL. (Posting date matched RL, not in-game date.)

It got almost spooky...

You should go professional in future-telling :)

Has anyone ever had any real-life transfers or transfer rumours in FM? Maybe something like Barry to Liverpool, Deco to Chelsea, Bentley to Spurs, Berbatov to Man Utd etc.

I found this one in the game: Ronaldo to Real. Its just like real-life only about two and a half years later.

Any others?

Yeah that happened in my game and the transfer went right on schedule. His price was almost double the second highest that window too. Tottenham won the league the following season though so lets not get carried away.

DAILY MAIL

Arsenal have told Newcastle they want £10million - or £7million plus Shay Given - for Swiss defender Philippe Senderos.

I read this rumour today in the afternoon.

guess what? While playing FM in the morning, I had sold Senderos to Newcastle for 10m + 20% sell on albeit at the start of my 3rd season.

Archived