Do regens ever have family?

Players can have siblings. Somebody once posted Danny Welbeck's brother, and Lauri Dalla Valle's brother.

I think he's asking if you can get two regens which are brothers. And possible if a regen can get a son of his own :) - and the big bomb.. can a regen become a grandfather? :D

They're soulless footballing androids, wired to bring you goals and wins. They do not have family, friends or feelings.

My players certainly have feelings, and every other week they're in my office telling me all about them.

In my current long term save in FM 2007 (80 seasons) I have had quite a few occasions when having two academy players with the same surname, born in the same town and playing in the same position. They differed in age, but not more than 3-4. I am yet to investigate their family tree, but it is hard, because some surnames are very common in this country (Serbia). Also the AI produces - i believe - brothers; in a single decade Red Star Belgrade produced two world class goalkeepers -Dragan and Dejan Matijević. They must be brothers or at least cousins- even their name starts with the same letter...

I have seen a lot of instances where players in youth teams have the same last name and place of birth but wasn't sure whether it was a coincidence or if they were intentionally created as relatives. I think I have some pretty solid proof that in some cases it is deliberate.

I am playing a game as my old club Old Bradwell United using an English lower league database edit and I have just finished my 19th season. I noticed two players in my youth team with the same last name, Dan and Neil Marshall.

From the screenshots you can see:

• They have the same surname (not that unusual).
  • They have the same place of birth (not that unusual for youth players at the same club).
  • They have the same second nationality.
  • They have each other listed as facourite personnel.
  • They were born more than 9 months a part which makes sense if they have the same mother AND father.
  • However, there's the one obvious difference... this can be explained by them being half bothers with different mothers.

Esav2.jpg

It took me so long to work out the obvious difference! :D If we're talking realistically there's no way to people that looked like they do could be brothers, but I just don't think the game is smart enough to give them the same skin tone.

My buddy got a son a few months ago. He's in his early thirties now, still with the club, and has turned out to be a pretty damn decent DM. He actually captained World Cup winning England a bunch of seasons ago when my friend was in charge. We joked about it before hand, but never thought he'd actually do it! (Yes, my friend is American.)

607818027F23419168A4994543B87F4D9C5715F8

B9895FA5F12A70EBB4823D7F3710DBDBC5E353DE

Latest image I have which is about 8 years overdue.

47A2D1CF3DA2DC52CE8EF1F1C23DBB58AB0DAF66

Archived