Steven Gerrard

When's somebody going to say not having Lampard there makes him better? :D

I think it's more to do with Hodgson's tactics preventing him from doing anything that have stopped him making a total prat of himself. I'll echo the people who have been pleasantly surprised by his play so far, had a couple of typical Gerrard moments but for the most part he's been alright.

Always the big comparions/can they play together etc i.e. Lampard/Gerrard but on an England front without question, Gerrard is/has been so much much much much better than Lampard.

If Lampard plays for England again id be shocked!

Always the big comparions/can they play together etc i.e. Lampard/Gerrard but on an England front without question, Gerrard is/has been so much much much much better than Lampard.

If Lampard plays for England again id be shocked!

He has had the oppertunities to be so much better, Lampard has often been overlooked or asked to play a different role to accomodate for Gerrard. Its easy to say he has been better when the spotlight only shines on him.

He's definitely been the best English central midfielder of the tournament so far.

WHAT? you dont appreciate the awesome tackles that Parker has to put in after being found to be in the wrong place and has to throw himself into the block when the oppositions shooting?

Archived