I wish my girlfriend could understand football manager...

Every time I load FM up and my girlfriend sees it, she looks at me like she just caught me with another woman.

Just the other day I was doing a very brief scout of the Conference North/South and my girlfriend walked into the room. She sees FM on the screen and storms out of the room yelling "Well that's just great, you're going to be up all night playing that damn game again!"

Why can't women understand? SI needs to work on this I think.

When I was at uni, I had a girlfriend who used to bring me drinks and sandwiches while I played. She even bought me a notepad for making notes while playing.

For some reason, I dumped this girl in 2007.

When I was at uni, I had a girlfriend who used to bring me drinks and sandwiches while I played. She even bought me a notepad for making notes while playing.

That is true companionship, you should have proposed to her.

She would be a goddess to me. You must have a 1 in Decisions :(

SI have a new PR guy so maybe this should be his first assignment, make non-FM players understand why we do what we do, might also help some of us figure it out too.

SI have a new PR guy so maybe this should be his first assignment, make non-FM players understand why we do what we do, might also help some of us figure it out too.

There's nothing like a losing streak to make you wonder why you bother with it, is there?

For the non-FM girlfriend/wife/woman issue they need to introduce a new button on the UI which when clicked flashes across the screen "GET BACK IN KITCHEN!" in big red font ;)

lol i have 2 kids and a wife and they dont minf my 2 daughters love watching the 3d engine and my wife knew my fm and cm passion upon seeing the whole edition on display when i met her. even with wife, fulltime job and 2 kids i get 50 hours a week in on fm

my wifes stats CA 150 PA 200 needs some work on agression, decisions and influence but im kidding you not i got a gem. she understands my love of football and sports and lets me get on with it no moaning and whinging. my 2 girls love football, rugby, cricket, wrestling, bikes and f1

last two girlfriends hated fm .. both gone..

current one doesnt mind at all and brings me a beer every now and then ... still with her..

coincidence? .. i think not..

but seriously though... SI need to set up a helpline for FM widows and families

Playing 50 hours a week on FM you should be worried that the missus has already arranged a pre-contract agreement somewhere else. :p

Idiot. That's the perfect girlfriend, because most of the girls think that FM is like a 2nd girlfriend of us lol

Every time I load FM up and my girlfriend sees it, she looks at me like she just caught me with another woman.

Just the other day I was doing a very brief scout of the Conference North/South and my girlfriend walked into the room. She sees FM on the screen and storms out of the room yelling "Well that's just great, you're going to be up all night playing that damn game again!"

Why can't women understand? SI needs to work on this I think.

Sounds familiar.

But since getting the laptop, it's been a mood saver. :D

So long as I'm sat next to her, while she's watching her rubbish on TV, I'll be on FM or browsing the web on the Laptop.. she doesn't seem to mind.

Apart from when Football is on the tv, I'm always in the other room from her anyway, watching the football.

We have a bliss routine most nights... well, bliss for me haha.

My wife is 20 Aggression, Acceleration and Finishing. I play when she is in bed or away, or else 6 months on the sidelines for me.

I tried tutoring with a more experienced member that has great mentality, but she put herself out on loan for a season.

Now she plays poorly, I give a warning, but I can never leave her out of the team for the next game.

Should I resign? I only got 2 cups last season, but the board have rejected my requests for improvements.

• SI Staff
For the non-FM girlfriend/wife/woman issue they need to introduce a new button on the UI which when clicked flashes across the screen "GET BACK IN KITCHEN!" in big red font ;)

That feature was considered but we didn't want to upset the panel on Loose Women ;)

last two girlfriends hated fm .. both gone..

current one doesnt mind at all and brings me a beer every now and then ... still with her..

coincidence? .. i think not..

but seriously though... SI need to set up a helpline for FM widows and families

dont dump girls because of video games, you will end up alone.

Well to be fair they want to spend time with you and playing FM takes time away from them

thats why they hate it so much so for a PR point of view its always going to fail

how about this?

Get a job while your man does the work:p

Archived