For the fans team talk

I dunno, but I always click "Ask assistant" button and he always want me to say "For the fans" on team talk.

But whenever I'm drawing or losing, I use "Disappointing" and almost my entire squad gets motivated or fired up :) And if I win the game while I'm chasing the game, i get a news item saying my team talk boost the players to win the game.

I never tried "For the fans" team talk on half time though but I always use "For the fans" when the game begin. Maybe it might boost some morale on those older players when playing against a fierce rivals and rivals?

I use it for derbies and also for determined personalty sqaud players in the 2nd half when winning or drawing and need a final push to get those type of personality players over the line.

why would you EVER use "relax" in a team talk?? unless you want to lose that is..... :|

When the player is too tense/nervous I suppose, e.g. youngster in away game to bigger team and such.

I often use 'For The Fans' during big derby games. I have never used 'Wish Luck' - I see it as though I would be telling the team 'Right, the other team is clearly better than you, but maybe with a bit of luck, we might get something from them..' I know it sounds silly, but that's the way I see it!

Does anyone use it very often?

I also use if for rivals. Seems to work OK.

I have also used it on fan days or other games with increased attendance. Don't know if it makes much of a difference here (having only had 1 fan day and only one biggish cup game that was also against a local rival).

I used to at almost every home game in the past versions of FM, though I've pretty much stopped using it all together now as it usually makes the team play so complacent for some reason.

each to there own. I always use it in away games suppose as a do it for them who have traveled to support the team

"expect a win" when the team's in a lousy run of form and need a kick in the ass.

Does that work for you? "I expect a win" usually puts pressure on the players so I wouldn't use it in that context. I use it when the press conf hacks ask me about complacency being a problem, or when the odds are heavily in my favour.

I used it in my first season with Fleetwood town againt Southport my rivals.I won 4-0 away then 5-0 at home and also 4-0 at home in the FA Trophy.I used it in my second season against the top team ( not a local rival) when I was second and I won 4-1 and went to the top.I will use it again as Southport are coming up soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Does that work for you? "I expect a win" usually puts pressure on the players so I wouldn't use it in that context. I use it when the press conf hacks ask me about complacency being a problem, or when the odds are heavily in my favour.

Depends on what level I'm playing, and on the attitude of my squad. For my most recent Sunderland team, it seemed to work. I shudder to think of what would happen with my current Bath City.

Straying ever so slightly off the original topic, but I find that certain team talks work depending on your team. If you're a massive club that are expected to roll over the opposition and morale is at least fairly high, then expecting your team to win whether home or away team talk seems to work. Smaller clubs may need to rely on wish the team luck or for the fans no matter whether morale is high or low; although I think that morale is high then for the fans is most definitely the better option and a safer bet.

In theory, it's best to use it before really important matches or during local derby games. I personally never found it to make even the slightest difference.

Normally I use 'expect a performance' if the oposition is someone I am expected to easily beat, or 'wish luck' with difficult oponents.

Then at the end of the match - if the performance is:

>7.4 - Good performance

>8.0 Excellent

<6.7 Poor

<6.0 Angry

Any other ratings are 'Whole team' and positive if the game was won, or negative if lost. 'Sympathise' if the game was lost with a stronger oponent.

Archived