Tutoring...

I've just bought Lukaku and i keep having a convo with Drogba to try and get him to tutor him, but he's never in the selection of names. I've even sent some from the list on loan and got one tutored by Anelka instead to try and free up a space, but the list just gets shorter. Lukaku isn't training for a specific move etc and neither is Drogba. Anyone know how i can get them to get together and make some beautiful football?

Maybe he is unavailable for tutoring as:

- He is a recently-signed player.

- His ability surpasses the tutoring level.

Moussa Sissoko was able to be tutored as soon as i signed him, i actually got Essein to tutor him on the day he was purchased, so the first isn't right. PLus he's not better than Drogba...so idk about those two.

After a little outburst because of the tutor problems, i found a solution to the problem.. i Downlaodede FMRTE, and with that editor tool i changed Lukakus Reputation.. aparently if a player has a rep thats to high he cant be tutored..

Thing with this is that Sissoko was able to be tutored and his rep is higher than Lukaku's...i'll give it a try though. It'll mean making his rep "regional" however.

EDIT: Actualy having found out the rep doesn't go by the label b ut the set of numbers, i changed his numbers for Sissoko's which were slightly lower, only 20 points or so, and now he is being tutored by Drogs! :D Ty for your help ForzaInter. Only problem is he didn't seem to want Drogba's help but i managed to pesuade him... I don't think using this tool for this kind of editing can be seen as cheating etc because it's ridiculous that Lukaku wouldn't want to be tutored by Drogba, especially as they are so alike etc.

6, or 7M would do the same thing.

Nope, trust me i've tried. It always ended up in a prolonged signing of him and i wanted him asap to settle in and for the first friendly. I suppose it also depends on what you regard as a "quick signing." For ME, this was only doable by paying what they demanded for instant release.

i'm going to guess you do not load the belgian leagues.

if they are not loaded belgian player values are a lot lower, and defour and lukaku can both be signed for under £7 million each, whereas with the leagues loaded they will cost £15m+

so 26m is low then :D

in fm11 the tutoring is based on reputation

so when a player has a too high rep, he can't be tutored anymore, which I find ******** imo

every young player has the right to be tutored by an older player and not like it's in the game atm -> oh you're too well known so go figure out yourself how to play the game :/

In FM10, the youngster could not have higher rep than the tutor ... but I hope they didn't just make it so when a youngster reaches a specific level he can't be tutored anymore. In the demo, I can't even tutor Local reputation youngsters. That means only obscure ones can be tutored?

in fm11 the tutoring is based on reputation

so when a player has a too high rep, he can't be tutored anymore, which I find ******** imo

every young player has the right to be tutored by an older player and not like it's in the game atm -> oh you're too well known so go figure out yourself how to play the game :/

My feelings too.

Btw i forgot to plug and give a big shout out to the editing tool reccomended in this thread. I've always been a bit of an edited phobe, they seem like cheating for many aspects howeverthis one is great. For example it's way better than the game's own one. It's an iingame one and it runs really smoothly and look really nice too. Best thing is you can have your game running and change thing at the same time without having to restart or reinstall etc. Very nice and a huge ^5 to whoever made it. I might even donate something...

So can anyone officially confirm whether this annoying change to the tutoring system is going to stay the same or changed to be more liberal?

Honestly tutoring is way overrated, nothing you can't handle on ya own. Basically it's the special moves, I haven't noticed any progress in stats for the last 5 years or more.

So not a huge setback imo.

EDIT: Especially now, after the system got changed ( interacting. ) They are worse than jumpy teenage girls.

Honestly tutoring is way overrated, nothing you can't handle on ya own. Basically it's the special moves, I haven't noticed any progress in stats for the last 5 years or more.

So not a huge setback imo.

Tutoring has a huge influence on the hidden stats :) ... and very important ones at that ... like Ambition, Professionalism and Pressure etc.

Tutoring has a huge influence on the hidden stats :) ... and very important ones at that ... like Ambition, Professionalism and Pressure etc.

Well I always scout the players, so the mental aspect is always generally matching the squad, but true, you are right, that would be the reason, if you signed a mental.

EDIT: I rarely play in lower leagues, I'd imagine it would be far more valuable down there, just to point that out.

This is correct. Sorry Sunlock, but you are so wrong.

As well as reputation, how about squad status. The tutor needs to be higher, so if Lukaku is a first teamer, he can't be tutored.

Atm after a little research I think a player can't be tutored if his reputation is above 6000, which is ridiculous since most of the decent "national" rated youngsters are above that. So that means any well known upcoming wonderkids cannot be tutored.

This pretty much takes most of the fun out of bringing up promising players to be good players. Now they will all turn out to be very similar no matter which save you are playing, since tutoring is the only way to effectively increase the hidden stats and also increase determination.

Now the only way to increase a youngster's determination is through purposely making him to get a crap rating and disciplining.

So it's a huge blow to the key feature of player growth if tutoring is going to stay the way it is.

Would appreciate an official answer on this please.

6000 is indeed too low, but I don't get why they changed it for fm11 in the first place :/

and tutoring has also an effect to the player's potential, as I let Ibrahimson (;)) tutor Bojan who was close to his potential on fm10 and his stats improved a lot afterwards. So his PA got higher too

I really don't know why they changed the way it works... So annoying that they've screwed this up. I don't even bother looking anymore as it seems nearly nobody can get tutored. I'm managing in the Serie c1 league and no-one can get tutored because they all have the crappest rep. Can't get a 35year old to tutor a 20 year old because of this! It makes no sense!

I have found it is more they can't be tutored if they are above 6999, as in when they break the 7000 mark they can't be tutored. I only had to take Lukaku below 7000 to get him tutored by Drogba, and Sissoko is at roughly the same place and he is able to be tutored by Essein. Idk where Gakuta is at but he ia able to be tutored by Lampard.

Exactly!

The tutor system in FM11 is totally broken. This issue must be fixed asap!!

It really takes the fun out of it if you can only tutor young players that sucks and will never be good players anyway.

Furthermore it is totally unrealistic that you cannot tutor a young talent just because his reputation is above a predefined limit. Come On!! A young 18 year old kid stil have a lot to learn, especially mentally.

1) You cannot tutor the young talents. Only crap talents. THIS MUST BE FIXED instantly. It ruins the game!!

2) Often you cannot have older established players to tutor anyone. The tutor opportunity is simply greyed out for no reason at all. As an example I would like to have Rafael V. Vaart (28 years old) to tutor a 17 year old talent. That was not possible at all even though he has not tutored anyone the last year. Simply ridicolous.

It is a mystery to me how SI can destroy the tutor system that much.

I agree, a real step backwards this year. I preferred being able to click on the youngster and find out possible tutors rather than the veterans with possible tutees - much more important to choose the best youngsters and focus on them than the best tutors, in my opinion. And most of them can't be tutored anyway as noted above...

as I've written in others "tutoring problem" thread, I have 16 years old players that can't be tutored. So it can't be reputation.

Sometimes it is, as i have managed to resolve the Lukaku situation by ONLY reducing his reputation. However i think there are other factors that prohibit tutoring in some cases, making it a much greater problem than we first thought.

Exactly!

The tutor system in FM11 is totally broken. This issue must be fixed asap!!

It really takes the fun out of it if you can only tutor young players that sucks and will never be good players anyway.

Furthermore it is totally unrealistic that you cannot tutor a young talent just because his reputation is above a predefined limit. Come On!! A young 18 year old kid stil have a lot to learn, especially mentally.

1) You cannot tutor the young talents. Only crap talents. THIS MUST BE FIXED instantly. It ruins the game!!

2) Often you cannot have older established players to tutor anyone. The tutor opportunity is simply greyed out for no reason at all. As an example I would like to have Rafael V. Vaart (28 years old) to tutor a 17 year old talent. That was not possible at all even though he has not tutored anyone the last year. Simply ridicolous.

It is a mystery to me how SI can destroy the tutor system that much.

It's greyed out if he is working on a specific training move, placing shots, shooting from distance etc. However i presume you know this already.

Stop being an idiot and total drama queen. I have several talents in my team and they're all being tutored without any problem.

Stop being an idiot and total drama queen. I have several talents in my team and they're all being tutored without any problem.

Then I guess all your so-called talent is pretty crap either reputation-wise or CA-wise (whichever decides tutoring).

There's definitely been a change in the way this works since last year, I don't think you can deny that.

Well. I think it is extremely annoying that I cannot tutor my biggest talents, just because some reputation limit has been exceeded. It does not make any sense. As Saevel said, youre talents must be quite crappy.

I can tutor my crappy Tottenham talents too.. but only the crappy ones. I do not care about crappy talents.. why waste any tutoring on them??

However, I signed Yaya Sanogo, and I managed to tutor him, but not Lukaku or Kadlec. Dont you think that is a bit stupid??

It's greyed out if he is working on a specific training move, placing shots, shooting from distance etc. However i presume you know this already.

For me it's greyed out because "This option has been used recently", which isn't true, since it's been a whole year since last suggested tutoring.

Archived